Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 17, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
That sad dad's saying reminds me of my old self enjoying simple shows (whether it's a western cartoon/asian cartoon) or anything simple and 'mainstream' in general that i would probably hate now yet everyone else kinda fine with it. Makes me want to be normal because i was.
Apr 3, 2019 10:05 AM
Nov 2018
I'm incredibly suprised that alot of ppl think this episode was a good conclusion...
May 5, 2019 9:17 AM
Jul 2013
I believe in you Sato, it's still not too late.
I just don't see how Misaki and co. are going to find them. If they do, it will probably be an asspull.
12 episodes left, and it keeps getting better, we're in for a treat. Whatever happened to two cour anime these days?
May 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Jan 2018
Lmfao, Satou seeks a new start but ends up with a bunch of people who want to end their lives. Go figure. This was a pretty interesting twist on the obligatory beach episode. xD

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
โ€• Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 1, 2020 4:21 AM

Mar 2016
Damn, just when Sato have begun to got a strong conviction to start a new life, a new him where he's born anew into a better person, the situation he's placed himself into is one which effectively will terminate that. Ofc Sato will NOT want to commit suicide along with the others, and surely, he will try to get all of them to change their minds, but he has yet to actually fully become a NEW Sato. Some strong convincing and I worry that Sato will be the one to have his mind changed to accept this group's decision to commit suicide.

Only Yamazaki, Misaki and Hitomi's bf knows what's going on... How will they strip away the paradise that these group of people seek?
Mar 21, 2020 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
The moment I saw their faces and that massive cliff I started to guess that the main purpose of this trip, at least for Hitomi and her friends, might have been in fact suicide. And I was right, lol.

Hitomi suffers from some mental problems as well. Yeah, she and Satou match towards each other as a hypothetical couple. ;D

I wouldn't be surprised if ironically Satou will be the one to convince them not to kill themselves
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Jun 6, 2020 9:32 PM

Apr 2020
I love where this show is going. Sato often describes himself as a failed human being yet his endeavors up to this point show that he hasn't truly given up on himself. Meeting the members of the off-party holds up an interesting mirror to him about what failed human beings are. Hopefully this puts him off the fantasy that his imagined life with his Senpai will be the solution to his problems and shows just why the effort he's putting into his 'real' relationships with Misaki and Yamazaki will help him overcome his social anxieties. Can't help but feel for this guy. Ever the optimist, trying to be a good friend to people who don't quite deserve him while being too scared of the pain of pursuing something that might be perfect for him.
Mar 20, 2021 7:42 AM

Nov 2018
It felt like those awkward first character encounters in visual novels where everyone seems unfriendly and even menacing.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 9, 2021 1:02 AM

Aug 2018
Hahaha I knew it was a group suicide

Apr 11, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2020
I knew it the offline meeting is so sus and now Poor Sato he just want a revolutionary

๐Ÿ…ณ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ป๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ†…๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ†‚

“Spring will be here soon.
Spring, the season I met you, is coming.
A spring without you...
...is coming.”
โ€• Kosei Arima

Apr 16, 2021 8:49 AM
Jan 2021
Its ironic how this anime was released in 2006 meaning it accurately described what it is living in a consumerism, fast life society where u r supposed to treat your life as a "to do list" were u r required to check off "goals" in order to be deemed a "functioning" member of society, we ignore that this lifestyle is not adaptable for everyone, and some of us simply cannot live like working machines that r required to accept abuse from their employer, live in a box and make "their parents happy", its disturbing how we knew how damaging this mentality is to young adults and adults, as if the spike in mental illness and suicide rates wasn't an enough indicator, we still force ourselves to confirm to this horrid life style and judge each other if we don't accomplish the required "life goals" at certain time periods..
Apr 20, 2021 5:14 PM

Jun 2015
The tree scene was good
May 12, 2021 6:43 AM
Feb 2021

I'm excited for the next episode.
Dec 21, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2020
HAHAHA....Satou started his new way with a bunch of people who want to end their lives.
Mar 7, 2022 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
Satou really is trying to form bonds with those depressed suicide desirers . I guess at least hes trying to do something
Mar 16, 2022 10:12 AM
Aug 2021
Holy crap I got it to the T! Well I really don't want anyone to die. I'm still not sure about what kind of pills Hitomi nwas taking. Maybe it's anti-depressants but idk what they actually do to your body.

Amidst all the tension, Yamazaki's scream made me jump. That was way too sudden.
Mar 31, 2022 10:51 AM
Nov 2020
Speaks alot about Sato to see him trying so hard to get better while everyone else around him has given up even though he doesn't know it
Aug 27, 2022 7:59 PM

May 2015
If Paranoia Agent has taught me anything, it's that offline meetings are no good
Oct 12, 2022 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
damn sato talking to others was a fuckin memefest.

he did pretty well for a former hikikomori tbh. lol though everyone wanted to die ig.

and the part where misaki, yamazaki and senpai's husband/bf meet was so pog moment. DAmn.

RIP yamazaki's summer comicon once again.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 31, 2022 8:55 AM

Nov 2021
at first I thought, only senpai wanted to commit $uicide...
Feb 5, 2023 12:41 AM
May 2021
bruh group suicide plan ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€. Satou fucked up ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 24, 2023 3:10 PM
Feb 2019
a suicide party??? sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t sh!t
Jul 27, 2023 12:26 AM

Jun 2021
LOL SEPNAI IS GOING TO COMMITE SUICIDE AND SATOU MISUNDERSTOOD EVERITHING LOLOLOLOLOL
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Aug 29, 2023 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
It was terrryifing to watch.
Oct 19, 2023 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
What's the purpose of ending your lives together? It's straight up useless. It's just as if you went to a cafe with your friend.
ุฎ
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
well they are just going to be offing themselves and here i thought those 3 men were going to murder satou for doing what he supposedly did to senpai (according to her mesage on that site). btw senapi=bitch or she's just some mentally ill person? it seems she is both but to think her boyfriend was a actual nice person really puts senpai into a very bad spotlight. i'm not liking her one bit as of now.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 22, 10:41 PM

Feb 2021
Dang. Satou really didn't know what was going on.

It's nice to see that because Satou wanted to start things over, he is attempting to open up to the few on the island, even though they have pretty negative vibes. I'm glad he didn't want to give up when failing to talk with the first person and try with the next to see if he could succeed. It was also lovely to see he wanted to recreate the moment of the bonfire for the school culture festival so that he could make the moment meaningful and count this time. Trying to make the fire, others noticed what he was attempting to do, therefore they decided to help him out. This shows that sometimes speaking to people isn't always enough to make connections. Sometimes, doing small actions to show how one wants to open up can also make people want to come closer to you...

...though, in this case, it was because they figured that the meeting was made so they could enjoy their final moments of life, which made Satou suddenly go, "Oh... oh no..."
Yes, I still have candies since I'm sugar addicted:

May 26, 9:16 PM

May 2022
Very much a juxtaposition seeing satou being the happy one in a scene. He is usually in such a state and is usually the saddest person in a group or he believes he is. This is kind of a revaluation to Satou that even successful people or other individuals that seem to have it all together are all in state of sadness or depression. He seems a lot better in terms of mental health he still has the desire to live and change.

It is a very grim beach episode you can feel the uneasy feeling, even at the end of the last episode. The reveal is very normal for Satou's character in that he is kind of the last one in the room to figure it out.
May 29, 12:18 AM
Mar 2023
Mfw i accidentally join a group suicide
Jun 2, 2:20 PM

Jan 2021
Reminded me of Heaven's Gate
่ฒ ใ‘ใŸใใชใ„

Jun 4, 3:31 PM

May 2021
Lmao deserted island life now
Hikkimori or stranded.
Which would be better
though she really dragged him into this without telling him
Inhales oxygen
Jun 8, 10:38 PM

Jan 2022
Noooo, why would senpai not tell him anything? What the hell?

Hopefully the bf, friend, and Misaki will come in time

Poor Satou, he's too trusting esp of a girl he knows who's crazy
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 19, 6:56 AM
Feb 2022
Lol, they want to suicide together. I actually know what will happend. The vibes from start reminds me of one of the Musou Dairirin episodes.
Jun 19, 7:31 AM
May 2015
I love how this is like one huge in-on-it joke that everyone but the MC gets. I couldn't help but laugh at the black comedy of him unintentionally forcing all the members to go through with their plot.
Jul 24, 8:16 AM
Jul 2024
Things are getting much much darker
Aug 1, 5:27 PM
Feb 2021
so far the show's been really hit or miss for me but this episode is just an insult to anyone's intelligence
there's no way you could convince me anyone would just go along with everything THAT FAR without questioning ANYTHING
it's so dumb that I'm honestly tempted to just drop the show cause I really can't see this playing out in any logical way
I'm all for silly stuff being nonsense but when you take yourself this seriously then I'm gonna have some expectations
also how the fuck did the boyfriend find the website and knew exactly what to search for?
ReckarellaAug 1, 5:37 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

325 by MishterMann17 »»
Sep 15, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Best Hikikomori/NEET

tsubagakure - Sep 8

11 by Shadow_Master8 »»
Sep 12, 12:02 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

650 by dark_wolf1000 »»
Sep 8, 7:23 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

220 by peykov »»
Sep 2, 11:56 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

188 by AngelFlash »»
Sep 2, 1:08 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.