Forum Settings
Forums

Girl tortured to death in Japan, killers now scot-free. (Warning: graphic descriptions)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 18, 2012 5:54 PM

Oct 2011
Bloodcalibur said:
octal9 said:

Hey guy, you quoted the wrong person's name into that quote. You might want to correct that so as to maintain the integrity of the debate people have been having.
not sure which person i'm aiming this towards as y'all's argument is becoming a huge cluserf%&k of info/opinions - i wanted to make my statement regarding anti-race/culture towards japan in particular - just wanted to bring to everyone's mind the state of things in the world in general - especially here in america - to say japan is more messed up than what goes on here in the good ol' u.s.a. is ludicrous - making extreme media available to the masses does does not cause crime - psychopathic behavior starts at home in childhood (young especially), school, and work environment (and at a purely brain heredity level) - if one would like to compare pure violent/dangerous psychotics per capita, us amercans (u.s.a.) have it in spades - this is not a personal attack - i'm just trying to say a rich fantasy life is a healthy thing, as long as it doesn't hurt others - if i ruffled anyone's feathers, i apologize!
octal9Mar 18, 2012 5:58 PM
Mar 18, 2012 5:58 PM
Mar 2010
Korotoko said:
one-more-time said:
Korotoko said:
Shoo then.

I am. But don't let Bloodcalibur go anal.. oh wait, he already did. Have fun time ;3

he is.

I suggest you read this book Korotoko
http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Way-Justice-Prosecuting-Studies/dp/019511986X

Its quite informative on how such "light" sentences could be given for such a horrific crime. I repost some of my previous post on this matter. Namely, there juvenille laws are fricking retarded since you're not an adult until your 20.l

" In Japan, there is no "official plea bargaining" and the prosecutors rely very heavily on confessions and as such, prosecutors have to bring an airtight case and for it to be airtight, it must be an VERY VERY detailed confession (usually written by the prosecutor based of the info obtained from the multiple interrogations) is almost certain that he NEEDS a confession. In this case, the prosecutor charged the criminals with the Japanese equivalent of manslaughter, which most likely means he was unable to prove intent and motive and as such "unofficially" plead down. As if the prosecutor thinks he might lose (conviction rates are very important to a prosecutors career so theres a zero tolerance policy on acquittals). In this case, the kids probably didn't confess to "intent" to kill and as such the confession was an airtight confession of manslaughter and rape. And since they were still juveniles, their sentencing was much more lenient (although could you believe the defense tried to move the case to Juvenile Court).

The only silver lining here is when two of the scum actually had the gall to appeal their sentences, the appeals court doubled their original sentences. Just like that dude who got his original life sentence overturned and upgraded to the death penalty (for raping and killing a 23 year old mother and her 11 month old child).

Although I do find Japanese going rates for criminals to be kinda low (at least compared the the US). It also has something to do with consistency as prosecutors will go out of their way to meticulously research prior sentences for crimes with similar circumstances (in the book I linked, there was a chapter describing the lengths a prosecutor went to figure out how much fines he would levy against a thief who stole about 150 USD worth of mushrooms)

For petty crimes, there is a lot of suspended prosecutions if you're willing to confess and repent.

Suspended sentences are also very popular in Japan.

Assault and Extortion usually gets 2 years (if you committed the crime with a weapon or are part of gang, that sentence is doubled)

Rape is usually 6-8 years depending on the circumstances.

The going rate for Manslaughter/Murder is usually 10-12 years.

With Aggravating circumstances, it could be increased to 20 or Life in Prison (like that guy who was sentenced for raping and killing that Englishwoman English Teacher).

Death by Hanging is almost exclusevly reserved for crimes against the state, serial/mass murders. Although there has been a case where Japan's first recent jury trial, sentenced a person to death because of the weapon used (chainsaw) and the desecration of the body (decapitation) after the murder."
Mar 18, 2012 6:04 PM

Oct 2011
Inconscient said:
@Bloodcalibur
I am really amazed how you can actually bother starting arguments in every other thread here.. Especially given how hard you seem to try to write dissertations in each post, efforts spent to prove a point to a random person on an anime forumboard a remarkably crappy forumboard..
No hard feelings, simply curious. Because from my point of view, it seems like a complete waste of time.
isn't enlightenment of others started on a one to one basis - if i can just change one mind in a day towards free thinking/enlightenment, isn't that worth it? one ripple in a huge pond can create a gigantic wave of change/new thought - i.e.:one ripple may create a million new ones and on and on..............that's how new ways of thinking get started........the key question is: are we really listening to each other?
octal9Mar 18, 2012 6:08 PM
Mar 18, 2012 6:24 PM

Jul 2011
octal9 said:
isn't enlightenment of others started on a one to one basis - if i can just change one mind in a day towards free thinking/enlightenment, isn't that worth it? one ripple in a huge pond can create a gigantic wave of change/new thought - i.e.:one ripple may create a million new ones and on and on..............that's how new ways of thinking get started........

Lol, I don't give a crap what you do; it's your time to waste.
I sure as hell won't bother..

octal9 said:
the key question is: are we really listening to each other?

This is MAL, the home of the obstinate and biased.
Just don't depend on it... >.>
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Mar 18, 2012 6:29 PM

Dec 2010
octal9 said:
Bloodcalibur said:
octal9 said:

Hey guy, you quoted the wrong person's name into that quote. You might want to correct that so as to maintain the integrity of the debate people have been having.
not sure which person i'm aiming this towards as y'all's argument is becoming a huge cluserf%&k of info/opinions - i wanted to make my statement regarding anti-race/culture towards japan in particular - just wanted to bring to everyone's mind the state of things in the world in general - especially here in america - to say japan is more messed up than what goes on here in the good ol' u.s.a. is ludicrous - making extreme media available to the masses does does not cause crime - psychopathic behavior starts at home in childhood (young especially), school, and work environment (and at a purely brain heredity level) - if one would like to compare pure violent/dangerous psychotics per capita, us amercans (u.s.a.) have it in spades - this is not a personal attack - i'm just trying to say a rich fantasy life is a healthy thing, as long as it doesn't hurt others - if i ruffled anyone's feathers, i apologize!

You accidentally quoted my name under a false quote instead of the original writer, Korotoko, but it's all good. No hard feelings.

@Inconscient: Sometimes I am amazed at how much effort Blood puts forth into his posts and responses as well (although technically, to him it might not be much effort at all, it's just from our viewpoint it seems that way), but I am extremely thankful that he does.. because you're right, this is a very crappy forum board at times. People click a topic, respond to the OP, and go on about watching anime, and that's fine. It just makes me all the more thankful that there are also members like Blood that actually read responses and respond to them, creating discussions and debates within a thread that make the thread itself far more interesting.
Mar 18, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2010
Get up of your knees, Legendre.
Mar 18, 2012 7:02 PM

Jul 2011
Legendre said:
@Inconscient: Sometimes I am amazed at how much effort Blood puts forth into his posts and responses as well (although technically, to him it might not be much effort at all, it's just from our viewpoint it seems that way), but I am extremely thankful that he does.. because you're right, this is a very crappy forum board at times. People click a topic, respond to the OP, and go on about watching anime, and that's fine. It just makes me all the more thankful that there are also members like Blood that actually read responses and respond to them, creating discussions and debates within a thread that make the thread itself far more interesting.

Ohh well, I guess that's kind of true..
Wasn't really questioning his activity, but how he actually finds the time to write his shit. Like I said, a lot of people here are very biased and simply block out your argument before you even state it. They (in my opinion) are just to be left alone to figure out their stupidity by themselves, instead of filling up 2-3 pages trying to convince them until they eventually leave..
Haven't really had the chance to chat with him yet so I can't clarify, but writing a chunk of text long enough to pass for use as a scholarly article seems to me like he's simply building up pride on here. Not saying that's a bad thing in particular, but to be frank pride on MAL is quite useless..
Anyway I didn't mean this as an accusation, simply wondering.. If you have the time Blood, continue as you wish, though I'd recommend you find a forum where people actually put up a reasonable argument for a change.
Mar 18, 2012 7:08 PM

Dec 2010
@Jack_Rav: Get up off your knees, Legendre.

@Inconscient: You're describing every internet forum I have ever been a part of. If you have found this mystical forum where people actually have reasonable discussions please direct me there lol
Mar 18, 2012 7:11 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, way to miss the point.
Mar 18, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2010
Jack_Rav said:

I like you.
Mar 18, 2012 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
Gaiz, gaiz, just to clarify:

All I do is box now. That's 3 hours of training, 45 min subway to the gym and 45 min back. That leaves me with a shitload of free time when I get home =d. It's not like my girl(s) asks me to come in bed and I respond with, "hold on love, someone's wrong....on the internet" LOL!

These long posts take 1-2 min to type up (650 characters per minute typing speed, you get that from being a WC3 player before Ventrilo and Teamspeak became commonly used). TBH 85% of my rebuttals are already in my head before the person even responds with their next post. It's especially easy with people like Korotoko and Vinter who react so predictably.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Mar 18, 2012 7:31 PM

Feb 2010
Bloodcalibur said:

These long posts take 1-2 min to type up (650 characters per minute typing speed, you get that from being a WC3 player before Ventrilo and Teamspeak became commonly used). TBH 85% of my rebuttals are already in my head before the person even responds with their next post. It's especially easy with people like Korotoko and Vinter who react so predictably.

You're exaggerating quite a bit. You take much longer than 1-2 minutes. It takes time formulating ideas, finding information to back them, then organizing, and revising all that. Nobody is fast enough to do coherent WALLS of text in 1-2 minutes, that's pushing it.
ElusiusMar 18, 2012 7:35 PM
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Mar 18, 2012 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
Legendre said:
Jack_Rav said:

I like you.

I wouldn't have responded if you'd made some sort of witty(-ish) response, but if that's all you could do I had to express my disappointment...

@Korotoko: You do know you're playing into his hands with posts like that?
Mar 18, 2012 7:36 PM

Dec 2010
>implying I should make a witty response after you just told me to get up off my knees..

*sigh

people these days
Mar 18, 2012 7:38 PM

Feb 2012
Korotoko said:
Bloodcalibur said:

You're exaggerating quite a bit. You take much longer than 1-2 minutes. It takes time formulating ideas, finding information to back them, then organizing, and revising all that. Nobody is fast enough to do coherent WALLS of text in 1-2 minutes, that's pushing it.

Bloodcalibur said:
TBH 85% of my rebuttals are already in my head before the person even responds with their next post. It's especially easy with people like Korotoko and Vinter who react so predictably.

^ Sup.

"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Mar 18, 2012 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
Still think you're exaggerating.
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Mar 18, 2012 7:46 PM

Feb 2012
Korotoko said:
Still think you're exaggerating.

Hey read my signature.

Mar 18, 2012 7:47 PM

Jul 2011
Legendre said:
@Inconscient: You're describing every internet forum I have ever been a part of. If you have found this mystical forum where people actually have reasonable discussions please direct me there lol

Of course, I'm not saying every single person has to be the reincarnation of Jesus to call the forumboard decent...
I for instance often use a forumboard dedicated to computer activities (coding etc...). It's a pretty large community and of course newfags are always popping up, but most frequent users are at least cool. Talking about where there's a relevantly isolated community; where the residents actually have some pride, ever heard of reputation system?
Anyway, there are a lot of great forumboards out there in between the skiddy ones, you just have to locate them.

Ohh and protip; if a dedicated forum has a discussion/chat section, stay out of it. That's usually where the LQ people gather.

@Blood
Good enough for me..
datfagMar 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Mar 18, 2012 8:00 PM

Dec 2010
@Inconscient: lol @ the reincarnation of Jesus comment..

but yeah, I haven't been a part of an internet forum that actually uses its reputation system effectively (I've been a part of a few that have one, but don't actually use it, or use it to troll people), would be interesting to see it work.

Anyway, for fear of straying too far off topic (guess it's a little late for this..) we should probably stop here. Msg me on my profile or something if you want to continue talking.
Mar 18, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
Legendre said:
@Inconscient: lol @ the reincarnation of Jesus comment..

but yeah, I haven't been a part of an internet forum that actually uses its reputation system effectively (I've been a part of a few that have one, but don't actually use it, or use it to troll people), would be interesting to see it work.

Anyway, for fear of straying too far off topic (guess it's a little late for this..) we should probably stop here. Msg me on my profile or something if you want to continue talking.

Aw shieet, are you guys gonna be boyfriends now? Like you and I are Legendre?

We could be like them:

Mar 21, 2012 4:19 AM

Mar 2012
I never seen such cruelty.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.