Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2011 7:52 PM
Jun 2009
Aeterna said:

domino_necklace said:
Anyone else think Lenalee character is loosing what it used to be?

Not really. She's always been like this in a way - always worrying about her "nakama" and mourning when she loses one. After all, she said way early on the series that her "nakama" are her world and when she loses one, it's like losing a piece of her world. With recent turn of events, she's lost a lot and so she's probably feeling as if her entire world is collapsing around her and blaming herself for not being stronger.

I'm a little sad, though, that she hasn't had as much time lately to show off her awesome battle skills, but this can be said for many of the characters (i.e. Lavi, Krory, Miranda) and not just Lenalee. But then, if we had individual battles for each supporting character...we'd end up with a series like Bleach and I'm sure we don't want that. When the time comes, I'm sure Lenalee will kick ass once more.

I agree with you, Lenalee has always been that way, and it's not bad, 'cuz I think if you loose someone, you loose a piece of yourself, as Lenalee said. She has matured, and I like that; at the beginning, I didn't like her, but after she gain her crystal type innocent, she showed her strong personality after changing.

And, even if Lenalee can be irritating sometimes, and wines and cries for everything or almost everything, remember Alle has hesitated too... and very much.
Sep 7, 2011 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
I knew it! Kanda can't die! I knew it! Oh, god ;_;

Welcome baaaaaack..
Sep 7, 2011 4:20 AM

Jun 2008
Golden-Flute said:

I don't know about all of you but being forced to wait for months for a chapter that's barely longer than Weekly Jump chapters is kinda getting annoying. I realize that Hoshino-先生's hand it out of commission right now, but I know she's got assistants... she should lean on them a bit more to get things done on time.

I don't get this hand excuse. We've been hearing about it for more than two years now. People don't need that much to heal. Ether she's fully healed or her hand is never gonna be good again and has permanent damage. She might as well give the story to someone else to finish it if the later is the case.

Well that guy returned fast. So his gonna be polite and nice now after the life changing experience?
We got nothing on what Allen is doing. Seriously this page didn't really give as anything in the end. The story hardly made any move.
MonadSep 7, 2011 4:26 AM
Sep 7, 2011 10:00 AM
Feb 2010
It was alright thought it would be better but whenever your waiting this long for a chappie you tend to get inpatient. But it was alright none the less.

Sep 7, 2011 10:59 AM
Oct 2008
Ehm... it was never stated that Kanda is dead. He was only transferred to another world via the gate by Allen. How he managed to get back from that place is a mystery though.

And Link isn't dead either, he's probably saved by old master Zhu and then hidden away, as stated in ch. 205. It seems more likely that Levelier has some other plans with him, which may reveal his miserable past.
Sep 7, 2011 3:08 PM
Jun 2010
It seems like after Kanda reunited with that one kid(been so long forgot his name but his love from his past life) he seems nicer. lol. I couldn't imagine him saying "No welcome back or what?" and that smile too seemed like he's progressed into a less hostile character. lol anyways this chapter was pretty nice.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Sep 7, 2011 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
Kada return... is alive!!!!
I'm so happy T^T
Sep 8, 2011 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
I wish I could've waited a few more chapters (few more months)

xD Or maybe a year before he came back. But how?! How is he back? And looking good too.

Johnny ;_;

Yes, I remembered Link being alive, but that grave was still sad.
Sep 9, 2011 11:52 PM

Jul 2007
shakeyourpup45 said:

Johnny ;_;

with how much focus is given upon Johny I would not be surprised on if he turns out to be the heart....
Sep 10, 2011 6:56 AM

Feb 2010
OMG .. Kanda is alive !! <happy>
Sep 10, 2011 10:46 AM
Mar 2009
Kanda is alive, I doubt he will die anytime soon.

How is Johnny gonna go to where Allen is? Allen used the Noah Door thing...

Another timeskip and Lenalee is looking better.
Sep 10, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2009
Soooo long leads to sooo much confusion!!

Seriously, i didn't remember any of the cast even re-reading it a second time. All i know is that i was shipping road x Allen.

Wait, did they really forget an L in his name? Needs more proof read for something that took months.
Sep 12, 2011 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
Kanda didn't die the first time around... I really did expect him to be back. XD
I didn't know he could smile... nevertheless joke around! (last line). Rather out of character.

And was he playing with the children? O.o
Sep 13, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
Kanda!!!!
Sep 14, 2011 7:59 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know why people believed Kanda was actually dead. There was never any solid proof that he was - he was only presumed dead because of the rust on Mugen. Not to mention, I believe Hoshino said she would be bringing him back at some point. Two dead give-away signs he was NOT dead.

I also believe Link isn't dead either. If they faked his death and everyone believes he is indeed dead - then they would most likely have to give him a new identity.

And I do wish people would stop bashing on Lenalee for crying and all. If you paid any attention to her character through this series you would notice just how precious and dear her friends are to her. The thought of losing one is enough to shake her up - and it probably feels like her "world" is slowly chiping away and coming apart with the loss of Allen, Lavi, and Kanda (before he returned). Since Kanda's returned, I think she'll be able to handle things a little better. And do remember that they're technically in a War; war is never an easy thing to cope with, especially with Lenalee only being 16-17. But I do believe her to be strong character - she just might not seem like it sometimes.

AGREED! Kanda and DGM were created long before No.6 and Nezumi (though I do like that series at the moment). So if people are going to say anything - it should be that Nezumi looks like Kanda, not Kanda looks like Nezumi.

Sep 14, 2011 8:58 AM
Aug 2009
Link? like seriously? wait that was too cold and so undramatic *suspicion*.
and I'm kinda of unsure about Kanda, I never believed that he was dead but I never thought we'd see him this soon, I'm worried about him changing too much but let's trust Hoshino judgment for now, I liked what Marie said to him, we'd almost forgot that the Exorcists feel like prisoners.
and dear Hoshino, please stop wasting too much panels on Johnny, is he the heart or something?
Sep 14, 2011 11:45 AM

Aug 2011
KANDA , KANDA , KANDA !!!!!
Sep 15, 2011 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
KANDA ALIVE.!! Oh my God I'm rolling all over my room from excitement.!!! and Lavi and everyone.!! MUaaahahahha my era of good mood has arizen.!
Sep 15, 2011 12:25 PM

Apr 2011
Oh god, I never thought that I was so affected to a fictional character. I cried actual ters of joy when I saw that Kanda is back.

And Lavi is still alive! Let's rejoice!

Now I just want to see where the hell has Allen gone to...
Sep 17, 2011 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
Fairly surprised that Kanda's back, I definitely wasn't expecting him to show up so soon. And yeah, Link is definitely not dead.

For once, I'm not annoyed at the amount of pages Johnny took up. His determination to help Allen, and Lenalee's conflicted feelings was fairly interesting to read.

Overall, a pretty good chapter. It sure kept me interested throughout, but I have to say it was bit of a tease - really eager to see what Allen's up to.
Sep 25, 2011 1:11 PM
Apr 2010
withering_lotus said:
I don't know why people believed Kanda was actually dead[!].......
......Link isn't dead either. [If] They faked his death[!](Duh!!)........
......And I do wish people would stop bashing on Lenalee for crying and all. If you paid any attention ...... through this series you would notice just how precious and dear her friends are to her......... her "world" is slowly chiping away and coming apart with the loss of Allen, Lavi, and Kanda (before he returned). Since Kanda's returned, I think she'll be able to handle things a little better. And do remember that they're technically in a War; war is never an easy thing to cope with, especially with Lenalee only being 16-17. But I do believe her to be strong character - she just might not seem like it sometimes.

aGreE 1 o.O % _ & WOW xP+xD= x/ ouch!!! lol
Nov 10, 2011 7:33 PM

Oct 2007
Eeeeh, I'm confused... it doesn't make sense to me how Kanda is still alive?!?! There better be a good explanation in the next chapters...

Kanda was one of my favourite characters so I'm glad he's back, but I was so upset when he died and now it's weird for me to just accept that he's alive again... sigh. u.u;
Jul 5, 2017 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
Kanda is back!
Johnny will go after Allen, what can he do if he finds him, he is useless.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

20 by Pandazwei »»
Today, 8:23 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

8 by OnimeNoShin »»
May 1, 7:03 AM

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.