Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2011 6:21 PM
Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay episode. The narrative was too much tell and not enough show. Not enough focus on either past or present timelines for me to get engaged in either. Keaton's dad was funny though, looking at Europeans and comparing them to demons of folklore.

No matter how good the episodes are, I love the ED music for the second half of this anime. Always makes up for flaws
Jul 16, 2011 11:30 AM

Sep 2008
This one was loaded with some beautiful BGMs.
As fast the pace may be, this ep was as unconventional as anime can get..history is something anime in general shy away from, but the way its shown in this show, and this ep in particular is just brilliant. Mixing the past with the present through the play and the narration was done brilliantly; I was so engrossed I completely forgot myself. Thats something that anime rarely does to me. My hats off to this episode, one of the best so far.

I still feel the quality of the show and the episodes is very consistent.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Sep 6, 2012 10:24 PM

Feb 2012
One of the better episodes of Keaton. I always liked the non-action ones better and the history behind this is cool.
Jan 29, 2013 9:14 PM

May 2010
His dad is racist
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 30, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
I guess I'm in the minority that didn't like this episode. Definitely among the weaker ones for me.
Apr 11, 2015 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
This was one of my favorite episodes so far. I really enjoyed the direction in mixing the play with flashbacks to the past.
Sep 27, 2015 3:04 PM

Mar 2008
I feel like I'm missing something here - do deer horns signify something in particular?

Otherwise, despite the predictable final reveal, this was quite a stand-out episode if mostly for its mode of telling and dabbling in history.
Nov 3, 2018 2:31 AM

Jul 2008
I found the episode interesting. A good change of pace
Jun 12, 2020 11:30 AM

Jun 2007
weeell.... this was boring :']
spyrocoot said:
I guess I'm in the minority that didn't like this episode. Definitely among the weaker ones for me.

yeah..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 19, 2021 6:17 PM

Jun 2010
I'm doubtful an illegitimate heir would inherit anything just because the legitimate line died out. Illegitimate children aren’t excluded just because they’re an embarrassment, they literally do not have legal rights to inherit. The bit about a child being denied baptism is also obscure; I don't believe bastards, if it's implying Angus' child was one, are denied baptism. Angus was a bastard himself but must have been baptised into the Catholic Church.

I can’t claim to be sure about these historical particulars, but it just sounds like more places this show hasn’t bothered to get the details right.
Dec 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Feb 2020
That was the most interesting episode yet. A unique way to tell a story. I like it
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 24, 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Not every episode can be interesting, I guess.

More topics from this board

» I like what I see but doesn't this show feel a tad boring?

anizawa89 - Apr 18

5 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 19, 7:19 AM

» Does its anime include ova fully adapt manga till the end ?

ISeeLifePeople - Jan 30

1 by JX-78-2 »»
Jan 30, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 24 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 11, 2011

10 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 14, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Sep 3, 2009

17 by A1E1BA »»
Jan 7, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Master Keaton Episode 19 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 5, 2011

12 by Rui_Rei »»
Nov 27, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.