Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2010 7:24 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 25, 2010 10:46 AM

May 2007
OMG, I must correct myself: not the 2nd, but this episode was the best so far XD

Sooooooooo awesome, I almost cried at the end...
Even though I had very low expectations, this season is a LOT better than the first.
So many REAL emotional moments T__T
Sad, but it seems like it'll go on like this to the end... Keep losing comrades T__T

And I've grown to like Shimada Kai as well - I know he's doesn't fall to the bishounen category, but he doesn't get much attention in any other adaptation, and here he finally steps into the spotlight as one of the very-very few men who actually survived this whole war.

Anyway XD

I want Nagakura and Harada back! There'll be no fun without them...
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Oct 25, 2010 2:27 PM
May 2010
i love this ep :)
Oct 25, 2010 8:24 PM

Jun 2010
Omg. Shinichiro's Miki voice acting was amazing. This has got to be the best acting I have seen from him lately. His other role from Uraboku was wacky.
Even though I haven't played (and most likely never will but I did read spoilers) they are definitely doing Hijikata's route.
The hug in the end was sweet.
Oct 26, 2010 3:12 PM

Sep 2009
Mm interesting episode~ I'm a little miffed that they're doing Hijitaka's route cause I never really liked him all that much. orz I'll live with it though. xP

But all in all, it seemed to be a good episode, lots of emotion. c:
Nov 5, 2010 5:52 AM
Feb 2010
Really enjoyed this episode. The only thing I didn't like was the cheesy music at the end. But just goes to show you can't have everything lol
Nov 5, 2010 6:27 AM

Dec 2008
This episode was so sad that it actually made me cry.
Chizuru is still worthless. *smh*
Nov 5, 2010 8:47 AM

Jun 2009
Aww, i don't understand how the Shinsengumi will be survive. They only has the Rasetu and some soldiers, think it's going to be tough.... 5/5

Nov 5, 2010 9:43 AM

Dec 2009
That was pretty much a confession from Chizuru.... Hijikata needs to suck her blood already.
Nov 5, 2010 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
quite a emo ep.
Nov 5, 2010 11:28 AM

Jun 2008
Please someone kill Chizuru. She is a demon and yet the most useless character in the series. I used to like her, now i cant stand her.

Hijikata finally gave in to his emo side.

Al hail Saito!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 5, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Chizuru is getting on my nerves!!

I know many pple hate her, and dont like her..

I havent reached my ultimate limit for hating her....YET...

BUT EITHER WAY!
DEEP ENDING.. O_O

Kinda reminded me of Fruits Basket..
Nov 5, 2010 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
Chizuru and her famous 'Stance of Worthlessness' which is, she spreads her legs with her hand on the grip of her hardly used sword...and then does nothing

Nevertheless, although Kondou got on my nerves last episode, he made up for it this time around. Sad to see him leave like that. This was an okay episode...would like to see more of the other oni.
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Nov 5, 2010 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
T-T I could tell that they were going to do Hijikata's route from the first season, but I'm still annoyed that it's completely official now.

D; I understand that Hijikata will appeal the most, but I still wanted the Kazama route.
Other than that, good episode, besides Chizuru's uselessness. At least she can comfort people.
Nov 5, 2010 2:18 PM

Sep 2008
I knew that Saitou was the best member; I mean they lost Kondou because he wasn't there. Hijikata just can't measure up to his hotness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2010 4:51 PM

Jul 2010
So, is it just me or did Chizuru spend half of this episode delivering tea to people? She is a serious contender for the most worthless heroine of the year award. XD

It started out really good, but it waned towards the end there. Saitou in the beginning makes everything awesome, of course. The lack of other characters is what really brought this episode down for me. I'm actually really starting to miss Harada and Nagakura. Okita seriously needs to come back, too.
Nov 6, 2010 4:17 AM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I knew that Saitou was the best member; I mean they lost Kondou because he wasn't there. Hijikata just can't measure up to his hotness.

you stole my thoughts! Saitou <3

pretty deep ending of the ep, Hijikata's inefficacy was so sad
Nov 6, 2010 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
xxSaspra said:
Mm interesting episode~ I'm a little miffed that they're doing Hijitaka's route cause I never really liked him all that much. orz I'll live with it though. xP

But all in all, it seemed to be a good episode, lots of emotion. c:

HawthorneKitty said:

This pretty sums up how I felt about the episode haha~
I loved seeing Saitou in the beginning, he's so honest. But, I missed not seeing Okita in the episode... He needs tons more screen time.
Other than that, I thought this episode was sad...
and I didn't really care for the ending song coming on so early, while Hijikata was reflecting. Hearing the song while he was talking made the ending seem sappy to me even though I could see his genuine emotions.
Nov 7, 2010 3:58 AM
Aug 2008
I've been trying to find this episode for hours to try and watch it, but I can't find it. can someone please let me know where to find it?
Nov 7, 2010 7:01 AM

Jan 2009
@ echo_psyche: Just watched it myself on luffymonkey.com, which means you can also see it on anivide.com.

And... gosh what a sad episode. For a while Kondou-san was one of my favorite characters, just because of what a cheerful person he always was.... and now he's gone. >o< Knowing that this is Hijikata's route... I don't know if I really want to continue watching this season. So many painful deaths, his route brings about. ;__; Something tragic happens to all my favorite Hakuouki bishies in Hijikata's route, it's going to be hard for me to watch.

Side note: Nagakura and Sano better come back, they're part of the comedy trio that livens up this anime! Dx
Nov 14, 2010 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
All I can say is that...
I pity Hijikata. :'(
Nov 21, 2010 5:48 PM
Jan 2009
She still did nothing! At least she offered her blood to Hijikata. But she had her hand on her sword and a gleam in her eye, I thought for sure she'd get into the fight or something.

I'm just watching for Saito now.
Nov 23, 2010 3:30 PM

Apr 2009
Hijikata... no.

HawthorneKitty said:

Yes.
Dec 2, 2010 6:53 AM

Jun 2009
Do we have to summarize this? anyway

I was thinking if Amagiri Kyuuju is a friend or a foe or just doing his mission alone.

When will Cheesy-ru go in Silent mode

I believe she is pulling back the series..

So who will remain among the 8 original Shinsengumi...
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 1, 2011 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
Sannan... Sannan... Sannan... he looked really suspicious and dangerous.

When Hijikata changed into rasetsu and Chizuru tried to give her blood, I thought of Zero and Yuuki haha

OMG Kondou gave himself to the enemy? His idiocy from the previous episode hasn't been cured huh? Nevertheless, he made me feel so sad.

I really miss Harada and Nakagura's presence... T^T
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Sep 30, 2012 5:42 PM

Jan 2012
Hijikata was awesome in this episode, one man army lol.

Jul 5, 2013 6:59 AM
Jul 2018

Chizuru is still useless.
Jul 20, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
Why do I have a gut feeling that Okita's life would be shorter than the rest? -_-

Chizuru. . . really. Ugh. Annoying.
Sep 19, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2011
I don't understand why everyone don't like this "hijikata route"... but then and again, I haven't seen any of the game screenplay or anything ^^"

However, I did love this episode so much. There were so much tension and angst in the second half of the show that I even recorded down what they said :'D

For me, I love this relationship Hijikata and Kondo have (as well as Okita and Kondo, and Okita and Yamanami, but this is going off topic), and to see the helplessness in Hijikata at the end of the episode really tore my heart to shreds.

Also, kudos to Shinichiro Miki for the voice acting for this episode; before now, he was just another one of the many seiyuu in the industry, but the emotions and depth he has portrayed in this episode has definitely won my respect.

My favourite moments:
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Nov 10, 2013 2:06 PM

Feb 2011
Gigglepud said:
I don't understand why everyone don't like this "hijikata route"... but then and again, I haven't seen any of the game screenplay or anything ^^"

Hijikata's was one of my least favorite routes in the game, but I think the anime has helped me appreciate it more. It's one thing hearing his voice and reading the story, but to actually see his physical reactions really drives a lot of the emotions home. I almost wanted to cry watching this episode...

Jan 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is tragic. it's confirmed.
Apr 14, 2014 10:20 PM

Jul 2012
I liked this episode a lot for the emotional conflict and character development but I could help but laugh at Chizuru... She's like "I gotta help Hijikata...gotta go...gotta go.." but when she arrives fashionably late, the battle is already over.
Jun 14, 2014 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
I guess since the Rasetsu resembled vampires I just assumed that their powers would make them live longer but to learn that it's just the opposite really raised the stakes. This was yet another emotional episode, that ending really got to me and I feel like tears will be flowing before this is over if it keeps up the momentum.
Mar 24, 2015 3:35 PM
Nov 2014
another ok episode, marginally better than ep 3 imo, due to Hijikata's reflections at the end. i could have done without the cheesy music almost drowning him out though.

i am really, really disappointed at how poorly the character of Chizuru has been written. she is the most pitiful "heroine" i have seen since oboro in basilisk.

i'll keep watching as i want to see how this turns out but i'll be surprised if i rate this series more than 5/10. a pity because it had a lot of promise.
May 16, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2013
I don't hate Chizuru, but I am getting bored that she hasn't made any progress in strength AT ALL.

and this is the 2nd season. Come on, now.

Like. Does the author realize how infuriating it is to make a heroine who literally just stands there the whole time while others fight? How do you not think of that every time you add her into a panel? Smfh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 14, 2010

61 by justduckyxx »»
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.