Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 24, 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
I figured since there was an old thread last year I'd just restart a new one. If you celebrate Halloween, what are your plans for it this year? I plan to likely just stay home, watch anime, eat, and then go to bed. What about you?

For non Americans here's info on Halloween: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween and https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween
Sep 24, 9:11 AM

Sep 2016
Maybe I will finally watch Halloween (1978)
Sep 24, 9:12 AM

Feb 2020
Gonna spend some time with my friends and celebrate a little bit.

Sep 24, 9:17 AM
Dec 2022
Possibly staying at home, drinking and ordering food. And especially.... avoiding Itaewon at all cost because of an incident 2 years ago. I'll be living in Seoul, so I know that I'll avoid crowded areas.

If not, I would go to 1 of Seoul's Chinatowns devouring a lamb shank all by myself in a restaurant run by someone from west of Beijing.

Yeah, I don't do Halloween and Gregorian calender Christmas.
Sep 24, 9:19 AM

May 2013
I work that day but the get to wear costumes and I night as well get my cosplay for next year situated so i decided I would win the costume contest.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 24, 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
I will watch some moe anime girl shows on Halloween. Like every other day of the year.
Sep 24, 9:27 AM

May 2024
I'll probably end up watching a horror film. It's not really a thing here unless you go out to night clubs for costume parties.
Sep 24, 9:39 AM

Feb 2020
Pretend I'm not at home haha.
I don't do the whole Halloween thing, my nephew and his gf deck the inside of their house out with Halloween stuff every year though, it's surreal visiting it to feed their cats for them.
I used to enjoy listening to ghost story audiobooks around this month, and I'm hoping to read some instead as I have loads, and maybe watch some scary movies.
Sep 24, 10:18 AM
white angel

Feb 2024
I will attend some Red Room party, organized by my hobby club.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Sep 24, 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
i dont know, probably treat it like a normal day.
Sep 24, 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
as usual just gonna treat it as a normal day or celebrate online like here on mal forums
Sep 24, 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
Watch some Touhou Project anime vids on my computer on Halloween.
Sep 24, 12:41 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
No plans as of the time of writing this.
Sep 24, 1:12 PM

Sep 2024
I will go to a friend's house and all my friends will come and we'll watch movies and give out candy. 🍭
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Sep 24, 1:42 PM

Jul 2021
I dont celebrate Halloween but I fear this country is just a couple more years of Americanization away from putting more emphasis on Halloween than Easter and Victory Day
Sep 24, 2:01 PM

Oct 2022
Probably a BBQ with my family like usual, then after my brother goes to a party and my mother goes to bed I will stay up playing games.

Hopefully they are good
Sep 24, 2:25 PM
May 2024
Watch Gegege no Kitaro 1968 because it has Masako Nozawa as Kitaro plus the fact it is monochrome makes it extra spooky
Sep 24, 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
I don't celebrate Halloween, so it's always a regular day for me.
Sep 24, 9:07 PM
Dec 2022
Commit_Crime said:
I dont celebrate Halloween but I fear this country is just a couple more years of Americanization away from putting more emphasis on Halloween than Easter and Victory Day

Resist the change if you can. It's no fun when Europe is turned into America.
Sep 24, 9:12 PM
Sep 2023
Here, Halloween is treated no differently than Christmas in Japan, nor is it celebrated where I come from (due to the climate & unpopular). And this year, probably nothing special.
Sep 24, 9:17 PM

Dec 2021
I'll probably watch all of the PtW anime I have tagged as "horror" back-to-back (Excluding the Gegege no Kitaro stuff, since I'd like to watch those whenever I feel like it). So... these five anime.

Across October, not all in one night!

...if it ain't obvious, I'm not exactly a horror junkie.

EDIT: Also, I guess I'll try to get to some of these, which are only on my bookmarks, but not my PtW...

Daviljoe193Sep 24, 10:26 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Sep 25, 2:00 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to MalchikRepaid
Commit_Crime said:

Resist the change if you can. It's no fun when Europe is turned into America.
@MalchikRepaid
I will be ok, but most people get their information from media financed by western capital
Sep 25, 5:27 AM

Jul 2022
Halloween in general is overrated, I'm not a kid anymore and plus I don't eat candy except for peppermint red and white

Sep 25, 6:27 AM

Jul 2024
Set up a projector and screen some classic horror and supernatural anime like Mononoke, Shiki, Another, Ghost Hunt, Gegege no kitaro, Ghost Hound, Higurashi: When They Cry, Paranoia agent
Also hold Cosplay Contest for people to come dressed as their favorite anime characters and hold a contest with prizes like spooky bento boxes with character-themed designs. Also I'll Host an anime trivia game with questions about anime series and Anime bingo cards with anime tropes or character names...
Sep 25, 6:34 AM

Mar 2012
We don't celebrate Halloween here so it's just going to be another normal work day.
Sep 25, 7:36 AM

Sep 2024
I don't have plans at the moment.
Probably will be normal day for me.
“Everyone has a right to pursue a happy life.
The difficult part is to be given that right.”
Frederica Bernkastel
Sep 25, 8:22 AM

Jan 2009
It's not officially celebrated here, so it's a normal workday in my Federal Country. The ones in the north where there has or had been a Protestant/Lutheran majority have the 31st of October free, while we in the south with a Catholic majority (we're Lutheran, though) have the 1st of November free.

There are some children taking part in Halloween pleading as well over here, but given how cheap sweets over here are, I prefer if they don't do that and instead just have fun with the lantern walks on Saint Martin's Day. Older children/teens and the youth in general may have fun with Halloween-themed parties.

As for myself, I have vacation on the 31st of October, but what I will be doing is confidential.
NoboruSep 25, 9:07 AM
Sep 25, 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
The past few years I tried to have spooky dinner parties. But not many people attended. So this year I will maybe do something just for me and my boyfriend and watch some spooky movies together. Only time in the year I can choose super cheesy horror movies to watch. I don't believe we would attend some Halloween themed parties, my social anxiety wouldn't be a huge fan of that. So anything with huge masses of people is out of the picture. Although I would love to visit a really good haunted house, just for the fun of it. Maybe some Halloween in the future.
Sep 25, 10:57 PM

Jan 2023
I don't really celebrate Halloween, but sometime during the month, I try to do at least one thing related to the season (which conveniently happens to manifest as staying home and watching TV/playing games).

Probably gonna still be playing Ys X around then, since it comes out a week before, unless I reeeeeeally nolife it. I want to do a replay of Slay the Princess, since it's both the anniversary of my first playthrough, and a week after the release of the expanded edition. I might watch the Cowboy Bebop movie, or Mr. Vampire, and I'm seeing Kiki's Delivery Service in theaters the day before.
ぴいちくぱあちく ぴいちくぱあちく
ぴいちくぱあちく うるさいっ!!
Sep 26, 12:58 AM

Mar 2023
Turn of the light and pretend that i'm not home in hope that the children won't beg for candy.
Sep 26, 1:02 AM

Jun 2020
My friends are planning to make a big group and we’re going to go to a horror attraction

More topics from this board

» How do you play with your cat?

Rivermind - Oct 17

20 by KittenCuddler »»
8 minutes ago

» What is needed for you to stop being a degenerate?

Telecom - Yesterday

31 by Exhumatika »»
13 minutes ago

» Why did you choose your forum avatar and profile picture?

Ejrodiew - 3 hours ago

17 by TheBlueSpartan »»
16 minutes ago

» How tall are you? And are you happy with your height? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cowabunga - Jul 31, 2016

646 by OshieteOshiete0 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have friends?

Ejrodiew - Oct 13

39 by OshieteOshiete0 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.