Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
I'm surprised to see that mangaka Angyaman's Ramen Akaneko is serialized in Shonen Jump+, similarly along the likes of Ruri Dragon.

Wednesday Campanella's OP is a bop, and Rikon Densetsu's ED is more of the same.

With that said, this is a rather harmless slice-of-life show involving anthropomorphic cats serving ramen, produced by Park Sunghoo's E&H Animation, which fits within that ballpark, I feel. And a girl by the name of Tamako Yashiro comes for Red Cat Ramen's job interview involving Bunzo, which he hires her on the spot not being allergic to cats. And having a tiger of Kirshna as a protector for all things bad, she's the cutest and shy tiger that I did not expect to hear.

The Red Cat Ramen store filled with boss Bunzo (VAed by TsudaKen), head chef Sabu, customer service Hana (VAed by Rie Kugimiya), cashier Sasaki and noodle chef tiger Krishna (VAed by Saori Hayami). Yashiro (VAed by Kurumi Orihara as her anime debut) comes in as a cat caretaker, and the only human capable...to brush their fur. To think that Yashiro is given so much by the cats, it's a sigh of relief for her

Aside from the stacked cast, it's just a good chill show to have a time of rest...Isekai Shokudou style, but with ramen and cats.
KANLen09Jul 5, 10:41 PM
Jul 4, 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
From the studio that brought you an anime of all time, Ninja Kamui, now comes a rather different anime, to say the least.

Suiyoubi no Campanella OP is so dumb and catchy that I love it lmao. Same to be said about Rikon Densetsu ED. Unexpected banger of an OST.

Tamako Yashiro arrives for a part-time job interview at Red Cat Ramen, a shop run entirely by cats. When the feline manager, Bunzo, asks if she likes cats, Tamako admits that she prefers dogs. Despite this, she is hired on the spot and soon meets her feline coworkers. However, her job description isn't quite what she expected—instead of serving ramen, she’s now a dedicated cat caretaker.

Don't know what it is with Sunghoo Park and all his productions having to have a character voiced by Kenjirou Tsuda, but hey seeing the goat speaking a cat is comedy gold so I'm not complaining lols. Also don't know what it is with Japan and cats working at ramen places, but this is now like the third time a show like this has been made. These cats are funny asf though, dude fr said " there aren't labor law for cats" lmaoooo.

A fun and rather sweet start. This'll be the relaxing and chill show of the season, and a great one at that.

Jul 4, 8:47 AM

Feb 2020
Very cute and wholesome start. I like the characters. Krishna is so big and fluffy. :3

This is already a lot better than Neko Ramen. To be honest, I didn't expect a full-length episode, so it was a positive surprise.

AM9:00 - Brushing the Staff
AM11:00 - More brushing

Sounds like my dream job. =^_^=

Definitely a hidden gem candidate of the season.

SerafosJul 4, 11:09 AM
Jul 4, 9:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
@KANLen09 Isekai Shokudou but with ramen and cats is the perfect description of this show, xD. That's the first thought that came to mind too.

I would love to visit a place like that, lol. Can't be seeing we're too fonds of cats, huh? That's a difficult challenge...

TsudaKen-san's voice is always welcome! Saori Hayami-san playing the big tiger role was hilarious and on point.

Pretty cool Op, that. Already on board.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 9:45 AM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
I would’ve sworn Saori Hayami is the MC, not Krishna. The voice sure sounded similar to me.

The first ep wasn’t what I expected at all & I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoping it will continue to be a pleasant surprise like Masterful Cat & ‘Tis Time for “Torture” were for me.
OhayotakuJul 4, 9:58 AM
Jul 4, 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Quite like the OP song.

Jul 4, 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
I really liked this it's really unique and the characters so far are so likeable I think this show will be really entertaining.
Jul 4, 10:06 AM
Jul 2023
The fluffiest series this season is here and it’s cute, stack recognizable VAs going through slice of life shenanigans is the pinnacle of entertainment.

Tamako VA’s Orihara Kurumi first anime debut, wonder if we can watch her voice acting range in this series.

Basically giving your coworkers a bath is a weird job routine to say the least nya.

Jul 4, 10:26 AM

Nov 2023
Wow wonderful start!

I loved all the characters and perfect casting in VAs.

I also loved Krishna, good name good character. ♡
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jul 4, 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
one of the most welcome anime of this season for me! easily 9/10 from first ep going to be 10/10 further cause y'know, it's cats and ramen and Hayami Saori and Kugimiya Rie and relaxing atmosphere overall.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Jul 4, 11:42 AM
Sep 2015
Cat as a restaurant worker = YES
Cat hair in a food = NO
But, Tsuda Kenji's cat hair = YES

Anyway, did anyone notice that this anime use a lot of CG despite almost no quick movement?
Jul 4, 11:54 AM
Dec 2022
I didn't know what to expect but honestly I'm really liking this, I'm definitely gonna check this whenever an episode airs
Jul 4, 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
We seriously need more antropomorphic sol series like this xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
I love the manga and this did a good job character wise adapting but man they cheaped out super hard on the animation. This CGI is abyssmal
Jul 4, 6:51 PM
May 2017
Excellent beginning episode!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 4, 7:57 PM

Jan 2021
Another cute anime airing this season... omg....

It would be great if there was a real ramen shop like that in real life :") the closest is cat cafe, but sometimes the cats there are very lazy lol either because they are too full of being fed by humans or too tired of interacting and being sweet to humans hahah.... :"D

But this is honestly adorable... usually humans work and look for cats to relax, but this is reversed with the cats working and looking for humans to relax... the tiger is really cute... if only real tigers were as cute as Krishna...

Jul 4, 8:45 PM
Feb 2021
The third work from studio E&H Production, the second TV series, and the second with Kenjiro Tsuda in a lead role, following Winter 2024’s Ninja Kamui. Much like that show, the visuals leave much to be desired, and the CG in particular is quite stiff, but the vibes so far are making up for it.

Interestingly enough, this is the first work from this studio to not be directed by Sunghoo/Seong-hu Park, but by Hisatoshi Shimizu, another director who previously worked with MAPPA directing Fall 2020’s Gymnastics Samurai.
Jul 4, 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
What was the MC doing at the end? It looked like she had the wick part of a candle on her arm.

Really cute anime. Wonder what Hana’s deal is? Especially since she called MC a “nepo baby”.
Jul 4, 11:18 PM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
Reply to slvrcofe21
What was the MC doing at the end? It looked like she had the wick part of a candle on her arm.

Really cute anime. Wonder what Hana’s deal is? Especially since she called MC a “nepo baby”.
slvrcofe21 said:

I think it’s supposed to be a wire from some sort of TENS device (the cats cautioned her about getting tendonitis from all the brushing)
OhayotakuJul 4, 11:23 PM
Jul 4, 11:33 PM
Nov 2023
It’s quiet, restful and has cats, noodles, and Hayami Saori as a tiger. What more could anyone want?
Jul 4, 11:36 PM
Nov 2023
slvrcofe21 said:

Probably moxibustion
Jul 4, 11:58 PM

Jul 2021
Ohayotaku said:
I would’ve sworn Saori Hayami is the MC, not Krishna. The voice sure sounded similar to me.

Same. They almost sound the same to me, so it feels strange when the two of them are talking to each other.

As for the show, it looks like a zero-stakes, hang-out kind of anime. There's some slightly distracting CG animation, but the show feels almost immune to that kind of criticism.

This might be great for popping in every few weeks.
Jul 5, 12:49 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Quite the weird series to be honest. Don't know what to think. But at least Tsuda Kenjirou is voicing in this one, maybe the biggest reason I'll watch this. Also I'm a cat person but I wished they'd be animated a little better.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 5, 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
The constant jump between 2d and 3d is jarring but the one thing I didn't like in this episode is they made Sabu a Chef already. it was a big accomplishment for him in the manga.
Jul 5, 2:49 AM
Jan 2024
This is a paradise for cat lovers...but I'll never eat over there, sorry. nya
Jul 5, 4:17 AM

Nov 2023
Imagine trying to enjoy your meal at a cat ramen shop, and some dollar tree Kazuma Kiryu starts a scene, and then a literal tiger comes out from the back.

Honestly, anime of the season, for sure.
Jul 5, 10:30 AM
Feb 2016
God-damn it. Why they could have awesome seiyuus but use piece of crap for animation. Really, there was almost nothing to butcher, but they manged to screw it up. It looks like school animation project, WTF?
Jul 5, 11:23 AM

May 2024
really loved this first episode, based on it I wouldn't say this anime is amazing or awful, just a nice show to sit back and relax to. Out of the seasonal animes I've started though, I do have to say it's my favourite so far. I don't think it'll be holding that place long though, looking at what's coming up. Not a big fan of the animation, but the cast is seriously stacked- maybe that's why the animation isn't great lmao. Either way I enjoyed it and I feel like I'll be watching this one to the end
Jul 5, 11:50 AM
Feb 2016
Reply to floral_sacrifice
really loved this first episode, based on it I wouldn't say this anime is amazing or awful, just a nice show to sit back and relax to. Out of the seasonal animes I've started though, I do have to say it's my favourite so far. I don't think it'll be holding that place long though, looking at what's coming up. Not a big fan of the animation, but the cast is seriously stacked- maybe that's why the animation isn't great lmao. Either way I enjoyed it and I feel like I'll be watching this one to the end
@floral_sacrifice You know what? You might be right. They spent all the money on top VAs and paid animators with peanuts.

Still going to watch it til the end.
Jul 5, 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
Seems pretty stale to me if its just going to be backdoor brushing.

Nothing to really keep me watching aside of the VA's.
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Aug 2019
Not the worse start, especially when compared to other shows I've seen in this season so far, but I'm not the biggest fan of the animation style. It looks really weird at times, and at the start I kept thinking like 'is this 3D? No, it's 2D... or is it?' I'll stick around for now, I guess, but yeah not a fan of the animation, but it's not too bad

Question though, what was the MC doing at the end?
Jul 6, 10:53 PM
Mar 2018
animation is minimal. 3d models used generously. not living up to its potential :(
Jul 7, 7:31 AM
Oct 2019
What the hell did i just watch?
Also never have i ever expect to hear Kenjirou Tsuda voicing a Cat cooking Ramen LMAO

Ngl there are multiple times i thought Tamako Yashiro was voice by Saori Hayamin, her voice are so similar.
Jul 11, 10:31 PM
Oct 2014
It's too bad that cats often face discrimeownation and clawrassment in the workplace. This anime is far from being purrfect, but at least it isn't cat-astrophic. Purrsonally I enjoyed it.
Jul 13, 6:38 AM
Aug 2021
cute plot, cats, good food, voice acting. hoped that the humans can look more natural in this show, but it's good enough and cute
Jul 13, 8:16 AM
Jul 2023
This is pretty cute
- I love the tiger
- I can see this getting pretty stale, hopefully they add some new elements in
Jul 14, 10:57 AM
Feb 2015
definitely one of my top animes this season
Jul 14, 12:51 PM
Oct 2021
i saw ramen and cats and knew i would love this one lmao
Jul 15, 1:21 PM
Feb 2021
This shit is goated, my new favorite type of brainrot
Jul 30, 9:30 PM

Feb 2019
a ramen place run by nekos - and a behind-the-scenes tiger acting as bouncer/security guard too! lol interesting and entertaining.
Aug 27, 12:21 AM
Jul 2024
WHAT A CUTE SILLY ANIME I LOVE THIS
Oct 4, 12:52 AM

Jun 2022
another quick drop it is . might have been watchable if they just used normal humans , still doubt it though . whatever , 2 more shots . make'em count!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ramen Akaneko Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 18

30 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 4, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Ramen Akaneko Episode 2 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 4, 12:59 AM

Poll: » Ramen Akaneko Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

33 by _Mike- »»
Sep 30, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Ramen Akaneko Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

14 by The_Ruise »»
Sep 22, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Ramen Akaneko Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 5

20 by perseii »»
Sep 16, 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.