Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 30, 3:57 PM

May 2024
I have watched some great mind fucking shows like Eva and Serial experiments lain, but nothing comes close to this "kid" anime. I've watched over 1000 episodes and read 1000+ chapters, i still can't understand what Oda is trying to achieve. When I started watching OP 9 years ago, it was just a stupid battle shonen about pirates searching for treasure. But now, we have time travel, giant mecha robots, multi-dimensional bullshit, gods and goddesses, and the world of OP isn't even the real world.
Jun 30, 4:36 PM

Nov 2019
Is One Piece an elitist anime?

Yea, One Piece is quite good lets hope oda keeps up his shit until the end, I thought the same about the anime its good solid 4/10 maybe, most likely a 2/10 but thats good for me believe me! hope the best for Oda and the story!
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Jun 30, 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
didnt know the story of one piece becomes science fiction now
Jun 30, 5:14 PM
Jun 2024
It is a normie anime now that it got a live action series and people to notice it.
Jun 30, 5:19 PM
May 2022
Definitely not. There's TONS AND TONS AND TONS of non-anime fans that watch one piece rather than actual otakus that genuinely seek out and watch lots of anime.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Jun 30, 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
I do not think OP is a elitist anime. Many casual anime fans like OP which is perfectly OK. It has really poor pacing that definitely keeps it out of the top anime for me. Pre time skip content is excellent though.
Jun 30, 5:28 PM

Feb 2023
One Piece is the type of anime that appeals to both casual and elitist tourists. Death Note used to be this way too, but elitists decided to hate it recently for some reason. Elitists think that they are better than everyone else, and despise anything fun. Elitists also love anything with a "political message", and no matter what side it is actually trying to appeal to, elitists will claim that it is arguing for their side.
Jun 30, 6:17 PM

Mar 2018
No one piece is literally one of the most populist anime that exists
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Jun 30, 8:03 PM

Dec 2020
What oda is trying to achieve? To tell a fun story, what else?
Jun 30, 8:05 PM

Jun 2024
Probably the opposite of elitist, I guess.
Yesterday, 12:22 AM

May 2024
Oda's just tryna justify his thirst for Che Guevara and any communist revolutionary.
Yesterday, 12:31 AM

Feb 2020
"Is One Piece an elitist anime?"

Not at all.
Yesterday, 1:06 AM

Jun 2016
What I'm getting is that the requirement for something to be elitist is to put as much weird shit as possible in it. So does that make Darling in the Franxx elitist?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Yesterday, 2:41 AM

Sep 2016
How could one of the most widely known anime worldwide possibly be elitist?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 7:19 AM

Jan 2018
i saw couple of netflix episode of one piece, i would say watch the live shows and then continue watching anime from where the shows left off because old anime quality might be too hard to swallow for new fans.

I'm on the "first half" of wano arc, they be dragging the shows like they're preparing one piece for our grandchildren to watch. I would argue that the filler gets worse as the show goes on. one "arc character" that's memorable for me so it's a bit of a tough ride but it's almost like they knew fans are gonna watch it all anyway cause of the incoming epic fight anyway.

on topic, i would say any general target audience anime like literally battle shounen as described by many is not an elitist because it's not hard to watch this. just get a rope and a bag of chips for your target.
Yesterday, 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
I dont think art is really made to appeal to "elitists", so no.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Yesterday, 9:32 AM

Jul 2023
No, I think not. It is a very long anime, however, and asks for an incredible investment of your time at some rough estimate of 425+ hours as of now. I personally have no interest in anything belonging to the Refuses to Die club; Dragon Ball, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Detective Conan/Case Closed--if it is on the air for more than a hundred hours then it has almost certainly overstayed its welcome.
Yesterday, 9:38 AM

Feb 2024
A bait thread made by an alt acc, what else is new?
Yesterday, 10:00 AM
Jun 2021
Someone calls something LE EBIN, PEAK and DEEP.
More on news at 11.
Hot Blood saves lives.
1 hour ago

Feb 2024
Reply to JoeChip
A bait thread made by an alt acc, what else is new?
@JoeChip 01?
[30 characters limit]

More topics from this board

» Anime you were determined to finish (before ever seeing them)

JaaShooUhh - 5 hours ago

13 by DarkShame2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Blackstone buys major Japanese manga publisher!

rohan121 - 1 hour ago

5 by animegamer245 »»
9 minutes ago

» What do you want from anime?

SgtBateMan - Jun 30

30 by Boogiepop1989 »»
14 minutes ago

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

41 by DarkShame2 »»
15 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9188 by anime-prime »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.