Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, some family history background storytelling. It's about time that Taiyo digs further into the truth about his family and their deaths.

One other thing this episode has shown if it wasn't obviously around is that Shion is a genius in technology and uncovering information. Such a reliable member of the family.
Jun 30, 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
Taiyo's care for his defeated opponents is sweet lol.

Shion's investigation uncovers that the marble obtained from Kurogao contains a wedding reception list for the 9th generation Yozakura couple, intended for public release. Astonishingly, the names of Taiyo's late parents, Hide and Akari Asano, are on the list. This revelation means that the Yozakura and Asano families were connected even before Taiyo and his siblings were born. Determined to uncover the true cause of his family's deaths, Taiyo decides to visit the Library of the Dead—a terrifying place where if you make a sound, you die. With Shion's support, Taiyo searches for documents related to his parents.

Taiyo soon finds out that Tanpopo, an organization targeting Mutsumi who have had a number of encounters with the Yozakura Family in the past, were the cause of his family's death. Soon after finding this out someone named Me-Chan, who patrols the Library of the Dead, using her nails to impale anyone who makes noise, who also guided by Shion through his earphones, and which after finding the information on Taiyo's parents on a device, it explodes loudly, drawing Me-Chan's attack. Taiyo ducks and uses Yae to turn off the lights. Chasing him in the dark, Me-Chan is knocked out by Mutsumi's loud scream through Taiyo's earphones, allowing Taiyo to carry her away.

Really like how everything is eerily connected.

Jun 30, 2:44 AM

Feb 2019
Damn actually a pretty serious episode for once. Love the wholesome and cute stuff with Taiyo and Mutsumi, but it’s nice to get some story as well heading into the second cour.

Finally after the teases for the past few weeks we learn more about Taiyo family’s death and man now I’m really curious about this Tanpopo shadow organisation. Just how deep does this conspiracy go? Even Kyo couldn’t get a proper read on them and they were able to take out Mutsumi’s mom, so they must be operating at the very highest levels of power. I love a good old fashioned conspiracy set up.

Using Yozakura blood and by extension being after Mutsumi’s literal heart is an insane villain motivation. Really excited for this second cour, feels like we’re just getting started here
Marinate1016Jun 30, 4:00 AM
Jun 30, 3:07 AM

Mar 2021
Another really good episode, loved that we learned that Mutsumi and Taiyo's families are connected somehow I just can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 30, 5:30 AM

Sep 2009
and this is where things start to get serious........for the most part.
Jun 30, 5:52 AM
Sep 2023
Woah,The story suddenly changed vibes!!As Taiyo has found out the reason behind Mutsimi's mother's and his family's death,The story took a serious turn now.
Great start for the 2nd cour.Now I'm more excited and looking forward to know what will happen next.
And damm,What's with the white haired guy?Was that supernatural power?!And Taiyo's eye was glowing in the 2nd cour poster too.
Rom-Com_loverJun 30, 6:12 AM
Jun 30, 5:54 AM
Aug 2022
Another great episode, Taiyo and Mutsumi still have a great dynamic as per usual. A great balance of comedy and seriousness once again too.

That lady with the claw hands was actually really cool ngl, I hope we see her again. But I doubt it tho.

I hope we see Kyouichirou fight more. Threads are probably my favourite weapon in anime. Idk why there just really cool. Probably why I like Rui so much from demon slayer.

By the looks of the new kv taiyo is gonna get some knew power and weapon. Which is great cause a zappy gun is pretty lame imo.
Jun 30, 6:27 AM

Feb 2021
So they want to make a doping by extracting her heart? Really insane XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 30, 6:31 AM

Dec 2015
Taiyou got some clues now but dang that librarian Me-chan was something else. Even killed a guy that was smiling really hard.

Somebody should've blasted some loud noise to stop her ages ago.

They did a good job on the disguises. Mutsumi seems to have aged well but I really hope this isn't what Taiyou looks like when gets to his 70s.

With this the Tanpopo (Dandelion) Arc is starting and now we know another reason (probably the most important reason) why the head of the family is targeted.
Jun 30, 7:26 AM
Nov 2023
This series has been a hit or miss for me.
I don't think I have ever rated an episode of this anime with anything other than a 3 or 5!
So far there have been more misses than not, but this new arc had a great beginning.
It seems like the hit rate will increase for the new cour.
Jun 30, 7:38 AM

Jul 2017
The analysis from Kurogao of the Yozakura's 9th head wedding reception, with Taiyo's family being part of it, Mutsumi thinking that it's her fault, the truth is more complicated than that. Though this information is readily avaliable, it means that there may be more information on it, which leads to the Spy Association's Library of the Dead to avoid being captured by its librarian of Me-chan to find that illusive evidence...which resulted to nothing...if he didn't know any better that the assassination being done by an organization called Tanpopo, that's all he ever needs as much as progress is concerned.

Turns out, this organization also killed Mutsumi's mother, and eliminated Taiyo's father's medical field-related people, which Kyoichiro goads Taiyo into wanting to discover the truth, now that they're possibly targeting Mutsumi as well. And one of them is Makoto Kawashita, the director of his own medical facility, which the couple infiltrates the hospital to figure out what he's up to under the guise of an elderly couple. The truth about the Yozakura Family's someinine being one powerful mass weapon of destruction, Tanpopo were indeed seeking her out, though Taiyo has already made a backup so that he continue his investigations from there on out.

This Tanpopo organization is trouble, both for Taiyo and the Yozakura Family...
Jun 30, 8:29 AM

May 2021
a REALLY serious episode and with this, it has finally started now. plot progression here we go! excited for it.

Jun 30, 8:49 AM
Sep 2021
Taiyo finally meets the murderer of his family & the 9th yozakura head & who is also after Mutsumi. But he gets away. Now the mission really starts.
Jun 30, 10:32 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi discovers the killer of his parents and Mitsumi's mother
Jun 30, 11:21 AM

Feb 2010
Finally ;o; we have arrived at the part where the story starts to pick up and become good~ (ymmv)
Jun 30, 1:50 PM
Oct 2022
Such a sad ending for Taiyo’s family. Everyone died in that car accident, except him. It seems that Tanpopo is behind all of this plan.

It is very interesting that Yozakura and Asano families had a connection even before they were born, because Mutsumi’s mother and Taiyo’s family were all killed by Makoto Kawashita. Taiyo and his family will get rid on him and they’ll get a nice revenge upon him.

I loved the fact about someinine found in Yozakura’s head. Thanks to that protein, their abilities are so well-developed and everyone is very powerful. This anime is great till now, I love it, OP and ED are so funny =)
Jun 30, 5:00 PM

Nov 2021
Another episode of this anime goes by and it continues to be underrated. Hulu and Disney+ jail is genuinely one of the worst things ever for an anime.

I'm gonna miss this OP and ED
Jun 30, 8:34 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to IzanaSolos
Taiyo's care for his defeated opponents is sweet lol.

Shion's investigation uncovers that the marble obtained from Kurogao contains a wedding reception list for the 9th generation Yozakura couple, intended for public release. Astonishingly, the names of Taiyo's late parents, Hide and Akari Asano, are on the list. This revelation means that the Yozakura and Asano families were connected even before Taiyo and his siblings were born. Determined to uncover the true cause of his family's deaths, Taiyo decides to visit the Library of the Dead—a terrifying place where if you make a sound, you die. With Shion's support, Taiyo searches for documents related to his parents.

Taiyo soon finds out that Tanpopo, an organization targeting Mutsumi who have had a number of encounters with the Yozakura Family in the past, were the cause of his family's death. Soon after finding this out someone named Me-Chan, who patrols the Library of the Dead, using her nails to impale anyone who makes noise, who also guided by Shion through his earphones, and which after finding the information on Taiyo's parents on a device, it explodes loudly, drawing Me-Chan's attack. Taiyo ducks and uses Yae to turn off the lights. Chasing him in the dark, Me-Chan is knocked out by Mutsumi's loud scream through Taiyo's earphones, allowing Taiyo to carry her away.

Really like how everything is eerily connected.
@IzanaSolos Me-chan has a sister, who ran the bookstore that Kyoichiro went to. I almost thought they were the same person, but it makes sense one sister would be a librarian and another a bookseller
Jun 30, 8:35 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to OtakuKun1
Such a sad ending for Taiyo’s family. Everyone died in that car accident, except him. It seems that Tanpopo is behind all of this plan.

It is very interesting that Yozakura and Asano families had a connection even before they were born, because Mutsumi’s mother and Taiyo’s family were all killed by Makoto Kawashita. Taiyo and his family will get rid on him and they’ll get a nice revenge upon him.

I loved the fact about someinine found in Yozakura’s head. Thanks to that protein, their abilities are so well-developed and everyone is very powerful. This anime is great till now, I love it, OP and ED are so funny =)
@OtakuKun1 Yeah, someinine will become almost like midichlorians...except less out of nowhere
Jun 30, 8:39 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to hai_X_is
Taiyou got some clues now but dang that librarian Me-chan was something else. Even killed a guy that was smiling really hard.

Somebody should've blasted some loud noise to stop her ages ago.

They did a good job on the disguises. Mutsumi seems to have aged well but I really hope this isn't what Taiyou looks like when gets to his 70s.

With this the Tanpopo (Dandelion) Arc is starting and now we know another reason (probably the most important reason) why the head of the family is targeted.
@hai_X_is I think she doesn't kill most of them, it just seems like it without considering the superpower level of skill they can have. Though for her to stab right through someone's head and not kill them means those claws have micron level sharpness to get between all the nooks and crannies
Jul 1, 2:52 PM

Jul 2022
Finally, the main plot advances, and the organization responsible for the death of Taiyou's family is the same one that killed Mutsumi's mother.

Things are getting serious, especially with the confirmation that the blood of the head of the Yozakura family (Mutsumi) is a kind of super-soldier serum, which adds a more interesting twist to what might happen to Mutsumi. But there is something I don't understand: why is Taiyou listed as deceased in the library records when he is not?

Well, in any case, I'm glad the story is moving forward.
Jul 1, 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
holdingnothing said:
@hai_X_is I think she doesn't kill most of them, it just seems like it without considering the superpower level of skill they can have. Though for her to stab right through someone's head and not kill them means those claws have micron level sharpness to get between all the nooks and crannies

You got a point there. Probably has similar mechanics to Kyoichiro's steel spider. impressive if she's just hitting pressure points to stop them from moving.
Jul 1, 4:57 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to hai_X_is
holdingnothing said:

You got a point there. Probably has similar mechanics to Kyoichiro's steel spider. impressive if she's just hitting pressure points to stop them from moving.
@hai_X_is The manga specified it somewhere in the chapter this adapts in the library, but they likely had to cut out some stuff for distillation adaptation
Jul 1, 4:57 PM

May 2019
The story definitely picked up and got more serious as Taiyo has uncovered that his parents' and brother's death was no accident. What makes this more intriguing is that the organization behind this, Tanpopo, also killed Mutsumi's mother so this is personal for both of them and the Yozakura household.

I'm now more interested in this and looking forward to how this plays out.
Jul 1, 4:58 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Narizor
Finally, the main plot advances, and the organization responsible for the death of Taiyou's family is the same one that killed Mutsumi's mother.

Things are getting serious, especially with the confirmation that the blood of the head of the Yozakura family (Mutsumi) is a kind of super-soldier serum, which adds a more interesting twist to what might happen to Mutsumi. But there is something I don't understand: why is Taiyou listed as deceased in the library records when he is not?

Well, in any case, I'm glad the story is moving forward.
@Narizor I feel like it may have been answered in the manga, but there are 2 highly likely answers: someone within the organization is a mole or 2, someone in the organization is an inept moron that doesn't actually confirm stuff. We've seen spies not exactly be that smart or have major forethought on stuff
Jul 1, 5:59 PM

Dec 2015
holdingnothing said:
@hai_X_is The manga specified it somewhere in the chapter this adapts in the library, but they likely had to cut out some stuff for distillation adaptation

Correct. It's from chapter 35. Been so long since I've read the beginning.

I forgot to read the description when she appeared in the anime so it was probably mentioned there.
Jul 1, 8:47 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to hai_X_is
holdingnothing said:

Correct. It's from chapter 35. Been so long since I've read the beginning.

I forgot to read the description when she appeared in the anime so it was probably mentioned there.
@hai_X_is I don't recall it specifying that she had that capacity but I think they at least said she was a librarian at the Library of Death. And...silver ranked Spy, which is decent, though gold rank is such there are under 10 in the series, I think
Yesterday, 8:09 PM
Jan 2022
YOU IDIOT YOU CAN READ THE DATA AT HOME GET TF OUT OF THE OFFICE
Today, 2:06 AM
Oct 2019
Here comes the Main Plot??
Taiyou vs Tanpopo!!
davidyodo24Today, 2:10 AM
Today, 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
holdingnothing said:
@hai_X_is I don't recall it specifying that she had that capacity but I think they at least said she was a librarian at the Library of Death. And...silver ranked Spy, which is decent, though gold rank is such there are under 10 in the series, I think

ah I see. I appreciate the info. Watching on Netflix so i didn't bother reading it(^_^;). yeah there's only a select few that have that gold rank.More will probably show up later.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23

29 by bingozol »»
Yesterday, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

60 by Magicmist »»
Jul 1, 8:23 AM

» Question to Manga Readers

lightning_angad7 - Jun 30

8 by yamori_058 »»
Jul 1, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16

28 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 26, 9:22 AM

» New PV and KV

ARK-13 - Jun 24

5 by MaroMangas623 »»
Jun 24, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.