Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Truly, Chika helped Yumiko in this season finale by bringing back her character's confidence. Her presence alone helped shaped herself when she needed the most.

I really do appreciate that in the end, the show stuck with its roots and allowed the pair to be who they are. Chika is her beacon of light and Yumiko should be very thankful to have her. A bit of a predictable plot writing though.
Jun 26, 5:28 AM

Dec 2021
Just two girlfriends helping each other.

Yuuhi, who decided to support Yasumi, openly tells her what had been bothering her about Yasumi's performance. This issue had been troubling Yasumi at this site for a long time. Encouraged by the confident Yuuhi, Yasumionce again realizes how impressive Yuuhi is. Moreover, Yuuhi even accompanies her to the recording session. From Yuuhi and Sugishita, Yasumi, openly learns about the high expectations people have for Yasumi Utatane. While she is still surprised by their words, an unexpected person appears in the studio.

Really loved the scene of Yasumi's performance not just because of it, but I loved the fact they added in the genga boards of the anime they were making. And ofc, not only did Yasumi nail the VA job in the end, but her seiyuu was fucking amazing too. Not to discredit Yuuhi ofc, she nailed it too. From what it seemed, it was one of those that changed depending on how the VAs preformed. Glad we went back to the podcast studio one last time and school. Ever since the whole anime arc thing, we haven't seen either in a minute. And ofc, we needed one last bicker from these two to end the show lols

A rather OK-ish show that I feel just got worse and worse after episode four imo. Animation also kinda drew me out, but I could deal with it.

As a VA-related anime, it left a bad impression by spending too much time on unnecessary off-board battles. I wish they had picked up the pace sooner. And in terms of yuri... yeah there's better this season alone lol.

Jun 26, 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
In the past, it was Sato leading Chika, and now, the roles have been reversed where the former finds herself lagging behind, and she needs all the help she can get this time.

For sure, Chika leading Sato in both skill and emotion (even being Yuri-esque), as well as sound director Sugishita and the VAs involved in the anime project, Sato can't afford to fail her lines, not anymore. And as far as the recording for the latter's finale episode is of concern, Sato did give it her all, and it shows in all of the jealousy of Ono and Mori, plus Chika present in witnessing Sato transform into a different being altogether.

But of course, there's still the High School Radio drama, and plus, Asaka having both Sato and Chika participate in a lovey-dovey Yuri bait-worthy for their special program to answer their fans, it's a big dilemma for either girl, who's so used to bickering against each other, and now having to express their love for each other...it's certainly cringe levels of worthy, but that's what makes them both work.

As a VA-centric show, this is easily passable. Not bad, but not great either.
Jun 26, 6:10 AM

Feb 2019
Yasumi and Yuhi you rocked my world. It’s a shame that this show didn’t get much hype, but it’s up there with the very best of the season for me.

That’s a wrap! After all the retakes and stress, Yasumi finally delivers the performance of her life. Of course admitting to needing Yuhi’s help was the key to unlock her full potential. I love how they gave us the raw performance with the storyboarding as well, just pure emotion from Yasumi’s Shirayuri. I got goosebumps. The director and older actors believed Yasumi could give a 120 point performance and she certainly did that.

Couldn’t end the episode without Yuhi’s patented “there it is, I really hate that about you” 😂 she’s such a tsundere

Even with all the work Yasumi put in with the Shirayuri role, without a doubt the hardest thing she’s had to do is figure out what she likes about Yuhi and praise her on air lmaoo. Asaka’s idea for that segment was brilliant, I’m sure half of their fans ship them by this point so may as well give them what they want.

“There’ll be times when I’m jealous and lash out at you” yea, we know Yuhi. That’s why we love you lmao. Eternal rivals is the perfect sort of confession between these two. Fuck I’m going to miss this show so much. These girls were amazing and I learnt a lot about what it really means to be a seiyuu from this. It’ll be missed.
Marinate1016Jun 26, 6:50 AM
Jun 26, 6:12 AM

Mar 2021
So great to see Chika help Yumiko bring out the full potential of her acting. All in all this was a nice finale to a really good show I would love to see this get a second season.
Jun 26, 6:20 AM
Jul 2021
This was definitely my favorite anime of the season. I really hope they make second season 🙏
Jun 26, 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
Since episode 1 I was hoping they would do a scene with them just voice acting and it delievered
Better than my expectations even... no BGM, no Sound Effects, using pre-colored key animation frames and purely voicing, this was music to my ears.
RyushindaiJun 26, 7:12 AM
Jun 26, 7:21 AM
Mar 2023
This episode really remind me Mahoutsukai Precure.
Rie Takahashi(Mirai) really put her voice acting really well at Final Episode(49). Well, Episode 50 was Extra for me because it's really weird.
Jun 26, 8:01 AM
Nov 2023
What a fantastic finale!
I got a bit emotional during the voice-acting scene, I'm sure the viewers will love the episode when it airs.

Overall, it was a solid show, I have no major complains.
It's not one of the best anime I've ever watched, but I was neither expecting it to be nor do I regret watching it.
An exemplary 7/10
Jun 26, 9:18 AM

Mar 2013
I loved this ending episode. Her acting was really good, I got goosebumps. I love their little banter. I hope we get a second season. I want to see them progress and do more shows together. We probably won't, but I know that I would love it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 26, 9:39 AM
Feb 2020
Actually really enjoyed the last episode.Focused on the main two dynamic and showing some va work always been the best parts of the show while the drama bits had always felt over the top and ridiculous at points kinda brings the show down.Enjoyment dwindled a lil but its still a -7.5/10
Jun 26, 9:55 AM

Aug 2019
i did like this show for the most part. that retake part was kinda weird when there was no sound most of the time but i guess thats the point.
i do hope there will be continuation as i want to get to the yuri.

yup. they described their show. like i said i do hope we get s2 so it can be more than bait
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 10:04 AM
Mar 2015
The retake was the best thing she did The lovey dovey act was the worst because it felt fake
Jun 26, 10:17 AM
Jul 2022
I enjoyed this show through the season. The last episode pushed it into the "very good" category for me. I enjoyed the characters. their progression, and their interactions immensely. I feel like the MAL score is lower because it initially had the "girls love" tag, and the two mains did not develop that kind of relationship. I was very satisfied with them becoming good friends and rivals. I don't know if enough source material or content exists to warrant a second season. I will watch if it happens, though.
Jun 26, 10:23 AM

May 2015
Well, it was a pretty nice show with a somewhat satisfying ending. Really don't mind the slow burn, it's interesting to see how their relationship gradually develops, and how they grow professionally too. I'll happily watch a sequel if there is one. My only gripe is with the ridiculous plot about the bet they took with Yuuhi's mother, if not for this, I would have rated it higher.
Jun 26, 11:29 AM

Apr 2018
Seeing that Phantom key animation in a show that habitually looks like How To Draw Manga 101 was without a doubt the funniest thing this series did the entire season. Bafflingly and hilariously incongruous.
Jun 26, 11:52 AM
Aug 2020
she really acted like a pro

it was nice

it was a good show

7/10
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 26, 12:48 PM

Mar 2023
The key to having a good rivalry on screen is to use the homoromantic tension you have with your rival.

I liked this show. It had gay people in it, but the main two gays probably aren't in love with each other. That's fine though, gay people can exist and not be in love, like me!
Jun 26, 12:54 PM

Feb 2007
Of course it would be her boobs. :D
Jun 26, 1:20 PM
Apr 2023
I know feasibly the rest of the show could not be like this but having both recording footage alongside the animated story and the radio show as a backdrop for the relationships for this climactic moment really served. I wish we got to see more of this content throughout the anime. It had a quite a few problems overall but this was a good episode to end it on.
Jun 26, 2:29 PM
Apr 2024
Utatane really stole the show at the end of the season, I don't know if there will be a new season nor do I know if there is material to adapt, but man this anime was cool with several twists and turns and also with very serious issues being dealt with. And Utatane was incredible in the final episode of Phantom
Jun 26, 2:58 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty damn fun, solid 7/10, would watch a 2nd season.
Jun 26, 3:54 PM
Jan 2024
I wasn't sure about this show at first, but it turned out to be a really good watch. I hope it gets another season.
Jun 26, 6:07 PM

Aug 2022
Random episode thoughts:

- Yuuhi definitely had a point. The number of years being part of the industry shouldn't weigh you down too heavily that it negatively impacts your performance.

- Yasumi: "Having someone to act with is always better than going it alone." This is arguably a key advantage why a seiyuu in Japan gives a better performance than your typical Western anime voice actor.

- The retake scene with Yasumi was so meta. All that talk about removing her limitations, and reaching to her rival's level.... It's not really about Phantom anymore, but Yasumi's actual struggle. And having Yasumi channel her feelings about her experience into the scene was apparently the magic sauce needed to get the take that everyone was looking for. Kudos to Miku Ito of course for pulling it off.

- With such a performance, Yasumi won the respect of her older peers and that of the voice director. Thank goodness.

- Yasumi: "Talk about obvious yuri bait." And that's how it starts, folks. 😋

- With Yuuhi drawing a blank on saying something nice about Yasumi, she nonchalantly admits what she believes are Yasumi's "two biggest assets" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- Yeah, Yuuhi couldn't resist spouting out that she's jealous of Yasumi's size during the recording session. Clearly Yuuhi is still thirsting for Yasumi's amazing rack. At this rate I'm surprised Yuuhi hasn't demanded another bathtub fondling session.

- With all the meta aspects of the show, I'm not surprised the episode had to end with "That's a wrap!"

------------------------------

Overall series impressions:

Aw man. Can't believe it's over. If there's one show I can say was my "comfort food" of Spring 2024, it would be The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio.

I enjoyed the most Yuuhi and Yasumi's chemistry in the series. And I think it's that chemistry that might have proven a hindrance to Episodes 8-11, as the amount of Yuuhi and Yasumi moments was reduced as the series shifted gears to showcase voice acting for Phantom.

If I had to point out one shortcoming, it would be several instances of "telling not showing", where the series had to resort to montages and Yasumi's monologue to convey certain aspects that, if they were better depicted, might have enhanced the anime.

The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio might not be as "serious" as Oshi no Ko in showcasing problems of the industry. Admittedly it is not an in-depth exploration of a life of a Japanese seyuu in the vein of Shirobako... but I definitely enjoyed it for what it is. It's a diamond in the rough. Could it have been much more than what we got? Absolutely. I'm definitely going to miss looking forward to the next weekly episode.

Please let there be a season two....
Alpha-NineJun 26, 6:19 PM
Jun 26, 6:41 PM
Aug 2022
This was such a god dam incredible show, there’s so many things I loved about this show. The fact that this is my 4th favourite show this season and I’m giving it a 10 shows how incredible the April season has been for me.

Chika became one of my favourite characters ever and I absolutely love her to death. Her dynamic with Yumiko is so funny this episode was so cool and hilarious at the same time.

Yumiko’s acting gave me god dam chills when watching her act. The fact they had no ost or any background noises in her retake scene was incredible it added a lot of realism to that scene.

I also love the parallel with what was happening in the anime they were recording for how the girl Yumiko was playing was trying to surpass and be acknowledged by the other. Just like there irl rivalry.

Genuinely such an incredible show with great animation. Idk why I saw people complaining about the animation it was great. Maybe it was the art style people disliked instead idk it took me a little bit to get used to Tbf.

I’m like 90% sure this will never get a second season so I’ll be picking the source material up.

One detail which was pointed out recently by someone was that the gl tag was removed from this show. Ngl I forgot this show was even a gl to begin with. I was way too focused on the rivalry and acting I completely forgot about that.

The source material has that tag though so I’m guessing some form of romantic relationship may develop in the future.

Incredible show 10/10

I still love that Yumiko calls Chika onee-Chan it’s so wholesome.
Jun 26, 7:12 PM

Jan 2015
They could make the mecha anime so we can see how this recording turned out!
Jun 26, 7:26 PM

May 2021
GG! This last episode was quite the treat. Really loved the visceral voice acting scenes with no music behind them. Made for a very impactful performance on their last episode.

I'd maybe consider re-watching this season in a few years to revisit the characters. I enjoyed most of them quite a bit. Asaka and Wakana were absolutely adorable start to finish, and I wish them the best.

A quick 12 episodes, it was a nice show to catch on Wednesdays. Glad I watched it.
Jun 26, 8:26 PM

Nov 2021
This was a nice anime, I always love a gyaru character especially here where she's the MC. The drama was over the top sometimes but still enjoyable. The "Phantom" anime they are acting in seems like something I'd watch ngl. Also I thought this had a girl's love tag but I guess not, I didn't really get that vibe
Jun 26, 9:53 PM

Mar 2008
See, now how hard was it to give the advice Yasumi needed to hear? She nailed her part and it was beautiful. 8/10 Would like another season.
Jun 26, 10:30 PM

Mar 2024
Good last episode.

It was interesting to see how anime is created and record voice acting. Yasumi's voice acting was good and even gave goosebumps. I'd probably watch the anime they were making if it existed.
And in the end of episode there was a yuri-special talk about what girls love in each other. It turned out pretty dangerous lol

About anime in general:
Not bad. I liked the visual style, the plot about the difficulties of a seiyuu and idol career and, of course, the main characters.
The interaction between them is the main spice of this anime.
Also there is some good music.

Now about the disadvantages:

Most of the secondary characters are not very interesting and poorly developed; it’s an anime of the two main characters (although i liked Yasumi’s friend Wakana, they have such cool gyaru interactions its strange that Yuuhi is not jealous).

The plot sometimes becomes a little boring, since the action is too focused on one thing, there is a very lack of distractions like going for pancakes or some kind of everyday walks (there is such a thing, but its not enough in my opinion) - this could better reveal the relationship between the two heroines not only from a professional seiyuu point of view.

Yasumi's gyaru style is perfect, but Yuuhi in everyday-mode looks too boring and antisocial, i think they tried to show her as a shy loner, but it turned out like Tomoko from Watamote. Like, its not kawaii, you know. She looks really cute in idol-mode, and i'd like to see something like that in her everyday-mode.

The anime have interesting visuals, but the action takes place only indoors - i would like more open locations and panoramas like, for example, the night city in pink and blue in the ending.

But its a really nice anime.

7/10
Jun 27, 12:36 AM

Nov 2023
The recording was definitely my favorite part of the show.

I didn't like the drama that much, I honestly wasn't a fan but other than that, I thought the show was nice.
Jun 27, 12:54 AM

Jun 2024
An excellent episode to end with.
Great to see that the hard work paid of for Yasumi
I enjoyed the chemistry she had with Yuuhi throughout the episodes.
I would like to see a 2nd season for this.
Jun 27, 1:29 AM

Mar 2014
actually the voice acting of both mcs is pretty mediocre, especially Yuugure that just sounds like the inferior Asami Imai.
Not really impressed in the last ep.
Jun 27, 4:09 AM

Jun 2021
even this season or series finale wasn't as overdramatic as i was afraid of, the big expected event was entirely faced in the first half and the second was more of a return to slice-of-life and similar not necessarily teasing a second season.

Seeing that Phantom key animation in a show that habitually looks like How To Draw Manga 101 was without a doubt the funniest thing this series did the entire season. Bafflingly and hilariously incongruous.

noticed this too, but it was still interesting to watch especially considering the raw drawings (reminded me a lot of Full Metal Panic) and the lack of soundtrack.

7/10
Jun 27, 4:22 AM

Oct 2022
Yuri bait or not, this show has a lot of subtext and I could get behind a concept like that if it's done properly. I really love Yumiko as a character and wouldn't mind seeing a season 2, and who knows, the romance could develop more if the author wants it to head in that direction

Jun 27, 2:09 PM
Feb 2020
These last two episodes have been so good. Yasumi's acting kept me on the edge of my seat, and overall, I would rate this anime 7'5/10. Hope it gets a second season 😊
Yesterday, 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
It was nice to see Yasumi did so well on her performance

Damn I was hoping after that little light shin kick that Yasumi would take off a shoe and gently rub her foot up Yuhi's leg xD

Little side note. I think a lot of the time these days seiyuus dont lip sync to the animation, it became more common for the animation to sync to the audio after to give them more flex room on acting. Though likely both methods are used in combination.
Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Nov 2012
tbh that cast was a mistake, Yasumi wanst the one for that role, and her performance didnt show what other characters said about it, such a shame it had to end this way, went from 8 to 3

My Candies:

Yesterday, 1:39 PM
Aug 2022
I wished for more yuri

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

25 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

35 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22

46 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15

40 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8

32 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 27, 1:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.