Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Aug 7, 2:59 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yes sir now that was an episode I don't have any nitpicks about; real, gut-wrenching reactions all around throughout the whole episode. And then by the end, the silence spoke volumes. And just when there seems to be a glimmer of hope in saving Zenith, it's all lost once again. Damn.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 13, 2:58 PM
Sep 2017
Man, this show knows how to ruin any semblance of joy it manages to create. We get one of the best fights in anime and then they just trash it because terrible MC needs some more character growth so he isn't a sociopathic infant anymore. God, this show should be so good, but it just can't get out of its own way.
Aug 22, 6:18 AM
Apr 2024
Amazing,what a masterpiece!
WY808Sep 9, 1:26 AM
Aug 26, 6:58 AM
Jan 2023
Still thinking about this episode

god I love this show so much
Aug 27, 12:59 PM

May 2007
I don't know if I have ever felt worst at the end of an episode than I did after finishing this one.
My anime list
Aug 31, 10:24 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to DogeRangler
Man, this show knows how to ruin any semblance of joy it manages to create. We get one of the best fights in anime and then they just trash it because terrible MC needs some more character growth so he isn't a sociopathic infant anymore. God, this show should be so good, but it just can't get out of its own way.
@DogeRangler how is he sociopathic? he has flaws but u obviously don't know what sociopath is, sociopath love and care only themselves, just maintaining cool head doesn't make one sociopath, different ppl deal differently with tough situations and trauma
Aug 31, 7:18 PM
Mar 2023
This episode in the light novel and the anime made me cry and appreciate my father figure more
Sep 3, 1:17 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to Sugram22
@DogeRangler how is he sociopathic? he has flaws but u obviously don't know what sociopath is, sociopath love and care only themselves, just maintaining cool head doesn't make one sociopath, different ppl deal differently with tough situations and trauma
@Sugram22 Maybe not sociopathic, just intensely selfish and pathetic. He definitely has some sociopathic traits, but sure, he's not a full blown sociopath, he's just a generally unlikable scumbag. Maybe it's just that I watched the dub, but every internal monologue makes me hate him more.
Sep 4, 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
Paul dead, Zenith brain-dead...

Hitogami sure knew why he was telling him he would regret it.
And now Sylphie most likely won't survive childbirth at that.
Not to mention Norn specifically will be mentally destroyed too after hearing the news.

But all of that said, Roxy would be dead if he choose differently.
Even though she will lose all hope after hearing he is married.

What a cruel world this is... time to hikkikomori again I guess. Is this situation even salvagable?
Sep 4, 2:25 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to DogeRangler
@Sugram22 Maybe not sociopathic, just intensely selfish and pathetic. He definitely has some sociopathic traits, but sure, he's not a full blown sociopath, he's just a generally unlikable scumbag. Maybe it's just that I watched the dub, but every internal monologue makes me hate him more.
@DogeRangler Don't watch the dub then.
I compared both and this is basically completely different show in English, they got all the emotions wrong.
It's pretty unfair to criticize the work based on something that wasn't even inteded by original creators.
JP voiceacting and all MT seiyuu are doing stellar work here.

And it this episode even director, animators and script writers did everything they could to produce near masterpiece.

Also the fact that you didn't like someone's death doesn't mean it didn't have any emotional impact, quite contrary - it made this episode memorable.
Paul basically saved Rudy there proving to himself he wasn't useless father afterall. He made the most imporant call where it mattered.

And the mere fact you mentioned ruining semblance of joy means this episode evoked some emotions in you too, meaning it did its job well since you care about its characters. Or do you honestly believe no conflict leads to better story afterall?
Mich666Sep 4, 2:33 PM
Sep 17, 8:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Saw the death flags but boy!

Paul's gone and now to rub salt on the wound, Zenith-san is out of action for a while at least too. Yikes...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 17, 5:21 PM

Jul 2015
like a moth to a flame 😔
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

388 by TheOtherJN »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

217 by TheOtherJN »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

194 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Sep 21, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.