Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 31, 2:24 PM
May 2022
as much I hate the comedy and pacing, Kafka's transformation never disappoints
love the way he overpowered that weird Kaiju but sad that plot armor ruined it
May 31, 8:39 PM
Jun 2015
Intense!!! Kafka to save the day!! But now it looks like he needs to be saved...Vice Captain stop!! He's not who you think he is!
May 31, 11:18 PM
May 2017
Pretty cool episode. We get to see Reno's skills and growth again. Not happy with now Kaiju No. 9 escapes through plot armor. How hard would it have been for Kafka to finish it off before running away? Seemed like a flimsy excuse to use the villain longer.
Jun 1, 4:44 AM
May 2024
This show is sick and perfect since I haven't found much to watch this season.
Jun 1, 3:54 PM
Aug 2021
The fact number 9 escaped is angering me 2 my core.
Jun 2, 10:47 AM
Oct 2020
Cliffhanger is killing meee
Jun 7, 1:12 PM

Apr 2024
Reno really is a fighter. Pushing forward in the name of progression. I really love how the team has each other's backs. Nobody will sacrifice their fellow teammate or let them die without a final standoff together.

Hoshina getting serious tho. Overriding his suit to fight Kafka.

Jun 8, 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
Kafka's knoweledge may be critical, but the member of the Monster Sweeper disposal team is now the target they need to eradicate.

Ichikawa and Iharu noticing the rogue member, it's the Humanoid from the exam which severely limits their communication with the outside world, not to mention their attacks, which Kikoru is able to figure out that Ichikawa used it to his greatest abilities. Someone who can tackle it is Kafka in his Kaiju form, but since he isn't around, both Ichikawa and Iharu have to fend for themselves until the outside world realizes their missing tracking vitals.

Still though, Kaiju No. 9 is not fooling around against both Ichikawa and Ihara, and Kafka coming to the rescue being One Punch Man Saitama-like, it's better than nothing. And with all of his abilities, Kafka goes for the kill, which No. 9 is not able to retreat and takes the full brunt of the force. But before he could finish off No. 9, being spotted by the Defense Team is not good, and No. 9 makes his escape while Kafka does so himself while attempting to transform back to a human.

Worse stlll, being seen by Hoshina, he has no reason to hold back against Kafka in his Kaiju No. 8 form, what will he do to deal with a rather serious Hoshina?
Jun 13, 3:08 AM

Nov 2019
Looks like the cleaners were on a call out and the kaijuu snuck away. This sentient kaijuu has abilities it even jams the communication channel for them. Iharu and Ichikawa try their best to survive but that's crazy the kaijuu has a projectile attack an is basically playing with them. Kafka saves them but Hoshino unleashes his 92% attack power on him thinking Kafka injured Ichikawa and Iharu. Episode was ok scary to fight a monster but even scarier when the monster is sentient
Jun 15, 7:42 AM
Jun 2024
Incredible, Incredible, Incredible
Jun 15, 4:34 PM
Apr 2023
I'm re watching it over and over 10/10
Jun 20, 1:43 AM

Nov 2022
yap yap yap sappy insignificant dialogue while the so called villain just stands there and waits for them to finish talking yeah? and then the monster with his quip remarks like he has to spell out everything he sees or happens or understands then say stuff like "and now prepare to die" like some edgy teenager as if that's how some alien lifeform would act when interested in mercilessly eviscerating the human race... and of course, the villain gets to live another day because the hero gets mildly inconvenienced for a split second instead of having his priorities straight and ripping out the core... I'm done with shounens
Jun 20, 7:08 AM
May 2023
I didn't expect that much of this show, but I've come to like it till this point. Kafka battles in his kaiiju form are the best and his change of mood when he becomes serious and ready to fight is something good to see. It proves that he can be the adult in charge of taking care of everyone.
Jun 29, 4:25 AM
Sep 2022
Not bad episode, sadly they lost the chance to increase the sene of kaijus fight with a strong soundtrack, like Solo leveling.
Jul 4, 2:48 PM

Jun 2022
1) Nice , it was before ep. 10 but why drag the shit man .

2) time to leave the annoyance half dead , don't hold back No. 8
Jul 8, 4:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Kaiju on Kaiju action was GAAAAASSS!
Jul 11, 8:36 AM

Feb 2018
Despite what they were up against, Reno and Iharu really managed to hold out, even if it was going easy on them.
Shame Kafka got distracted there since he might have been able to finish it off.
Now he's got to go up against the vice captain, which doesn't look like it'll be any easier.
Jul 17, 10:12 AM

Nov 2019
Oh damn, transforming then and there apparently wasn't a very good idea...
Jul 17, 11:39 PM
Dec 2022
each episode definitely gets more interesting
Jul 21, 10:08 AM
Jan 2020
Kafka being a badass. Exactly what we want
Jul 26, 7:55 PM

May 2018
that pink guy delinquent so crybaby lol
Aug 1, 1:52 PM
Oct 2021
This episode raises a lot of questions I'll be honest. The Kaiju disappearing into thin air out of nowhere is one of them, second will be Kafka being stupid enough to keep his form on till he's caught. Isn't it something he can basically turn on and off, we haven't established a problem with that yet so this is a problem. Third would be the crazy cliche reactions on the verge of dying that these characters had in the episode, simply unimpressive. Then, we have one of the essentials I now feel should've been used in the montage somewhat instead of going full goofy, we still don't know how their gear works, like at all. This episode was disappointing to say the least.
Aug 1, 1:54 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to JoestarEISH_020
This episode raises a lot of questions I'll be honest. The Kaiju disappearing into thin air out of nowhere is one of them, second will be Kafka being stupid enough to keep his form on till he's caught. Isn't it something he can basically turn on and off, we haven't established a problem with that yet so this is a problem. Third would be the crazy cliche reactions on the verge of dying that these characters had in the episode, simply unimpressive. Then, we have one of the essentials I now feel should've been used in the montage somewhat instead of going full goofy, we still don't know how their gear works, like at all. This episode was disappointing to say the least.
@JoestarEISH_020 Also a note to self, Reno better have a better reason for wanting to save Kafka than simply because of his heroism in the first episode. I feel like there needs to be some kind of mystery behind his thinking, if not, that'd make him as generic as they come.
Aug 8, 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
It was so satisfying to see Kafka bring that kaiju to the brink of death but of course he was thwarted. And Hoshino is no pushover!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 1:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kafka was absolutely epic against this human kaijuu now that he could transform into kaiju n°8 but damn Hoshina saw him and now they're fighting, it's gonna be an awesome fight
Sep 23, 2:30 PM

Oct 2022
He has the ability to manipulate monsters . He points. A second humanoid. Perhaps he can bring home a live specimen. Another request to run. I am a big fan of this guys disign. A different person than he was yesterday. This time he does not run all the way away. He doesn’t hate the one who busted him. He hates the one who never got stronger. The only thing they can do is fight. He prays to a god for this shot. He is hit. He doesn’t give up. He prays to the devil, And He arrives. The enemy knows him by his human nickname. He laughs in the face of the dying. His attack only gives him inspiration to retaliate. An incredible battle. And the enemy escapes with the knowledge. The worst opponent for him to face. He has finally gotten serious. 5
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

229 by higherthanhigh »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

146 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.