Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 11:36 AM

Aug 2020
My question is do you watch anime endings? I personally do not. Probably because I usually binge anime so I always want to click to the next episode. Also streaming services are becoming way more convenient where they let you skip the op/ed. It's weird though I usually watch the opening at least once but the only time I listen to the ending is if it plays during the final episode. For example I watched all of Chainsawman and haven't seen a single ending.

When I was a lot younger I watched more American cartoons and their EDs were all basic so maybe that has something to do with it. Am I alone on this? Let me know.
TheSunLifeMay 22, 2:21 PM
"Bro, if you set your mind to it. You can jack off to anything."
☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 11:38 AM

Feb 2020
Not always if I binge anime and I just want to move to the next episode.

SerafosMay 22, 11:44 AM
May 22, 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
Usually, only once, or if I'm in the mood. And when the anime changes its ending theme, I'll watch it once just to see the differences from the previous ending.
May 22, 11:44 AM

Aug 2018
TheSunLife said:
For example I watched all of Chainsawman and haven't seen a single ending.

Please watch the Chainsaw Man endings. There are 12, one for each episode, and each of them is unique. Personally, my favourite is the first ending.

May 22, 11:45 AM

Sep 2016
Watch? Often, but not always.

Listen? Everytime.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 22, 11:48 AM

Sep 2023
Typically once for every time I watch it. Unless the ED has a banger soundtrack, cause if so I'll always listen to it.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
May 22, 11:57 AM

Aug 2021
I never skip the OP, even if i don't love it
I do skip most ED's of romance and SOF Anime, cause they're not my type of music and feels like a drag to watch
My favourite one is HXH ED1 "Just Awake"
May 22, 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
I listen to it at least once. If it's a banger, I will listen to it again. Otherwise I will skip it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 22, 12:21 PM

May 2021
Reply to Rhae
TheSunLife said:

Please watch the Chainsaw Man endings. There are 12, one for each episode, and each of them is unique. Personally, my favourite is the first ending.

@Rhae Yeah I'm with you. The Chainsaw Man endings are some that are actually worth watching.

To answer OP, I do usually watch EDs at least once. If they are above average then I'll probably watch them a few times. I always watch OP and ED whenever I first sit down to watch something though. It's after that I will skip.
May 22, 12:28 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Rhae
Usually, only once, or if I'm in the mood. And when the anime changes its ending theme, I'll watch it once just to see the differences from the previous ending.
Rhae said:

Same, but for only a few times or I'm just listening to it; unless there's a variation of the same theme, then once only.
May 22, 12:29 PM
Jun 2020
i always listen cause nowadays i post on episode discussions so it’s like nice background music while i write what i thought
May 22, 12:48 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I will always watch the opening and ending on the first and last episodes respectively, the first episode for analysis and the last episode for closure and appreciation to the people who helped make it.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 22, 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
Only if I like the song or visuals. If not, then often times I won't even bother watching it through even once unless I'm doing something else and it just plays through while I'm occupied.

I'd say like of the ~30 shows I've tried this season, I've probably watched less than 10 of their endings through and only 2 of them I even care to let play regularly because I like the songs (Dungeon Meshi ED2 and Kaiju No8.) Funnily enough, I prefer the shorter ending version of Kaiju No8 than the full version because it's a rather repetitive song.
May 22, 12:56 PM
Simp4MonsterGrlz

Oct 2018
It depends on the series. Honestly there are a lot of endings i enjoy, plus sometimes there are after-credit scenes
May 22, 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
I Always watch the whole episode...

May 22, 1:09 PM

Dec 2019
The only thing I care about through an OP & ED is the track, visuals I barely pay attention to. OP songs will either contain a high-pitched idol singer or a heavy rock band, they're always forgettable which is why I've always preferred ED songs
May 22, 2:19 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Euroqean
The only thing I care about through an OP & ED is the track, visuals I barely pay attention to. OP songs will either contain a high-pitched idol singer or a heavy rock band, they're always forgettable which is why I've always preferred ED songs
@Euroqean I'm the complete opposite I guess. The visuals really add to the song for me which is why I gravitate to OPs more. And the high-pitched idol singer or a heavy rock band can be quite hype. Most EDs are quite mellow and I find most OST's being better.
☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 2:36 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Rhae
TheSunLife said:

@Rhae Yeah mad respect to Chainsaw Man's production team they didn't need to go that hard and have 12 different endings but you can tell they really cared about the show. Definitely a passion project for MAPPA. But to me personally it's not something that peaks my interest. I way more preferred the cinema references and fluid animation. The OP was a banger lol.

I could probably count off my fingers the amount of EDs I've listened to, let alone my favorites. I'm just surprised that so many people watch anime EDs. Yet majority of people don't watch movie or video game credits so I just find it interesting
☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 2:39 PM
Dec 2022
I always watch the episode full and never really skip OPs, so basically the same applies to EDs as well.
May 22, 2:41 PM
Jun 2021
Varies between yes (every time) and "skip to the preview". Really depends on whether I like the song or not.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 22, 2:43 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to KitsuFrost
I Always watch the whole episode...
@KitsuFrost I'm an optimizer at least for entertainment lol. Standard 12 episode show ~ 4 minutes for an op, ed, and preview thats 48 minutes of unnecessary watch time, minimum. It's fair if you are enjoying it, you do you. But thats time I could do something else with you know?
☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 2:54 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to TheSunLife
@KitsuFrost I'm an optimizer at least for entertainment lol. Standard 12 episode show ~ 4 minutes for an op, ed, and preview thats 48 minutes of unnecessary watch time, minimum. It's fair if you are enjoying it, you do you. But thats time I could do something else with you know?
@TheSunLife Yes yes I get it, it's personal preference in the end of the day... Most of the OPs and Endings I watch are good so I don't see much reason to skip them. Previews are always helpful to me, since there are some shows that I watch rarely.

In this case, watching in 2x speed would be even more efficient

May 22, 2:56 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
No I don't, and of course I skip openings too.

I'm usually not in the mood on listening to weeb musics when I'm watching anime :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 22, 3:12 PM
Jan 2020
Unless I really don't like the song, I usually listen each time. Though if I'm bulk watching a lot of episodes, then I tend to skip after a few episodes.
May 22, 3:30 PM

May 2021
yes absolutely. its still part of the anime
May 22, 3:44 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I tend to watch OPs and EDs unless it is for something short and I am watching multiple episodes in a row or I am watching with someone else who skips them (though we at least need to see everything once).
May 22, 4:03 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
As i answered with the openings, I'm an AMQ aficionado, a lover and an overanalyzer of anime OPs/EDs, so I never ever skip one.

And yet, especially with endings, I still miss a lot of them while playing.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 22, 4:38 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to TitanOfPlasma
As i answered with the openings, I'm an AMQ aficionado, a lover and an overanalyzer of anime OPs/EDs, so I never ever skip one.

And yet, especially with endings, I still miss a lot of them while playing.
@TitanOfPlasma It's funny you bring up AMQ because that's part of the reason I had this question. I recently got into it and was surprised by how many people were knowledgable about endings. I originally thought I was good at guessing ops but it was way harder than those quizzes you see on youtube.

Since you watch/listen to so many endings do you think there is a reason why endings are more popular in anime compared to movies and video game credits?
☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 5:02 PM

Jan 2021
I'm someone who doesn't get why someone wouldn't watch an opening or ending song, the only way for me to skip it is if they are earbleeding tier and I can barely think examples of that.
May 22, 8:29 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Reply to TheSunLife
@TitanOfPlasma It's funny you bring up AMQ because that's part of the reason I had this question. I recently got into it and was surprised by how many people were knowledgable about endings. I originally thought I was good at guessing ops but it was way harder than those quizzes you see on youtube.

Since you watch/listen to so many endings do you think there is a reason why endings are more popular in anime compared to movies and video game credits?
@TheSunLife I can't tell for sure, it's just a theory: there's been a recent boom in animes with multiple endings. Perhaps they serve as a showcase for a larger quantity of artists to promote their work, as in the case of Chainsaw Man. In other cases, there's a band associated with the anime, and the endings serve as their showcase, keeping the opening generally constant (e.g. Girls Band Cry, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, Bocchi the Rock!).

There are even not so recent examples. I recently watched Yamato 2199 which has like 7 endings by different artists. And I've not even touched the cases where the ending is the same, but with different members of the cast. Or, as old as it is, there's the case of Evangelion, with several versions of the same iconic song.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 22, 10:25 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to TitanOfPlasma
@TheSunLife I can't tell for sure, it's just a theory: there's been a recent boom in animes with multiple endings. Perhaps they serve as a showcase for a larger quantity of artists to promote their work, as in the case of Chainsaw Man. In other cases, there's a band associated with the anime, and the endings serve as their showcase, keeping the opening generally constant (e.g. Girls Band Cry, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, Bocchi the Rock!).

There are even not so recent examples. I recently watched Yamato 2199 which has like 7 endings by different artists. And I've not even touched the cases where the ending is the same, but with different members of the cast. Or, as old as it is, there's the case of Evangelion, with several versions of the same iconic song.
@TitanOfPlasma I never thought it was for promotional work, but that makes sense. It's a great way to get mutual exposure. Which would give rise to more fans and an incentive to watch the endings.

Kind of a tangent but: I watched One Piece Red last year in dub, Amalee/Monarch voices Uta (incase you don't know who she is, she got big on Youtube from doing English Covers for anime ops & eds). Uta has a lot of songs in the movie so I expected Amalee to dub over the song since she comes from a singing background. Instead they kept the original Japanese which was weird, because in the anime, songs are dubbed over all the time. It probably has something to do with it being a movie (more eyes on it) and it was sang by Ado, a Japanese popstar. I imagine it was huge for Japanese fans.

☆☆☆☆☆
May 22, 10:32 PM

Jul 2016
If it's a banger for sure otherwise skip.
May 22, 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
if im in the mood. or if i like the song a lot
May 23, 10:58 PM

Aug 2019
Yeah, I listen to it the first time around just to see if I like the song and will listen to it outside of the series, but after that, I skip the anime ending credits.
May 23, 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
I skip endings more than I skip openings. I've learned to always make sure there's nothing after the ending though, since I've missed key after credit scenes before.
May 23, 11:28 PM

Oct 2021
Only on some occasions, I'm listening to the ED. If I really like it, I'm rarely skipping it.
May 24, 1:17 AM

Jan 2023
Depends.
I do not watch them as consistently as anime ops, but I do watch them for a decent amount of series I guess.

More topics from this board

» Is there a website like MAL but for western cartoons?

Deadaccount2974 - Feb 5, 2021

7 by Nurguburu »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - 26 minutes ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
7 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - 2 hours ago

18 by LenRea »»
8 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9400 by appledude1221 »»
14 minutes ago

» If you had to choose, which anime took place at school more?

Jukemania - 5 hours ago

5 by MogKnight »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.