Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 15, 8:48 AM
Sep 2019
I feel like we are running too fast, I wonder what volume were at currently
May 15, 9:03 AM
Sep 2019
Okay I went through the manga, not much is Skiped (some is)
Idk 😶 it's feel weird anyways it's ch30 after last episode, you can read it..
Everything makes sense now at least for me
May 15, 10:16 AM

Feb 2021
I thought the curse was gonna be lifted up in the last episode.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 15, 12:19 PM

Oct 2020
I literally paused the anime for like 5 minutes when they kissed out of nowhere, what is happening? Did something happen in the novels that didn't get adapted and we are missing info or is the story like that? I was so lost I had to check if I was missing an episode and I skipped one accidentally, I loved this anime so much but then that pacing made me feel like they were speedrunning the show so much to the point of making it difficult to follow what's happening in the 2 main characters relationship.

Could someone pls tell me from which point I need to read the Novel/Manga to know what happened between cap 5 and 6 for them to kiss like that?.
May 15, 2:38 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to watsym
"I'll kill that man and bring her back.
If she still insists on being with another man, then I'll let her go."

Yeah, totally believable and even reasonable train of thought.

The way it was shown in the anime their relationship really didn't amount to much.
It feels pretty illogical how hard he is trying when it didn't seem like they were ever really togheter. He just one-sidedly decided it was love at first sight and then never stopped, with little care for how she feels about it.
@watsym I agree. The studio/director was unable to create a truly tangible sentimental relationship, it seems more like a unilateral and unfounded obsession.
May 15, 6:15 PM
Aug 2021
Elicopptero said:
I literally paused the anime for like 5 minutes when they kissed out of nowhere, what is happening? Did something happen in the novels that didn't get adapted and we are missing info or is the story like that? I was so lost I had to check if I was missing an episode and I skipped one accidentally, I loved this anime so much but then that pacing made me feel like they were speedrunning the show so much to the point of making it difficult to follow what's happening in the 2 main characters relationship.

Could someone pls tell me from which point I need to read the Novel/Manga to know what happened between cap 5 and 6 for them to kiss like that?.

This was literally me. I rewatched it just to make sure it actually happened. This is actually painfully horrible pacing, so much is happening it seems like and yet I understand jack shit about a single thing. Which I’ve read everywhere that this is exactly what’s happening, and it makes sense that huge chunks of the narrative are missing. But the kiss was most jarring of all to me, there’s been negative romantic chemistry built between them until now imo
May 15, 7:55 PM
Apr 2023
Yeah now I understand why a lot of the readers of the source material (the LN) are either dropping this anime adaptation or complaining.
There really is a lot of plot points and developments skipped and omitted making things convoluted, especially about how Oscar and Tinasha became romantically connected.
Coming from the manga adaptation, I tried to view the anime as it is and NGL, when Tinasha and Oscar kissed like that (when Nark's ownership was transfered), I was like "where did that even come from?" Like how did Nark even got close to Oscar and where in the earlier 5 episodes did Tinasha and Oscar really form a personal bond? Yeah, some more significant key plot points were almost not brought to the anime or in this case, the plot developments adapted to this anime were not adapted well.
May 15, 10:43 PM

Jul 2023
wth with that kiss? She just accepted it as though it wasn't their first time kissing.

The villain is now here. Lanak. Is he mind controlling Tinasha?

At first, I was under the impression that her 'Unnamed Memory' is one of hatred for Lanak, which is something she repressed and that fully facing it would unleash devastation.

Then again, is she under Lanak's control or just pretending to be by his side? It's an exciting episode that we get to know her backstory, but it leaves us asking more questions.

ETA:

I'll hold this anime for now, and go to the light novels. My original plan was to read the LNs after episode 12, but somebody mentioned a twist in volume 4 and I now fear it's not gonna end well if such twist is present in the anime but the misdirection and red herring and some stuff are not executed properly due to the speed run.

additional edit: Even before I read the first chapter, there's a few lines that seem to point to the twist.

I speculate it's

Interestingly, light novel volume 1 covered up to episode 5 with some chapters omitted. It seems to me that even at a rushed pace, it's impossible to cover all volumes in one cour unless you do 2 cours.
patkarununganMay 16, 9:31 AM
May 16, 12:37 AM

Dec 2014
I have no idea what I'm watching anymore

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
May 16, 5:12 AM
Jan 2009
I think this is the first time ever for me to see an anime that looks nice, I like the setting and the voice actors sounds amazing but holy smokes the plot here has such a cognitive dissonance. The fact that there's a threat of rape used as a prank and a moment after there's a scene where they kiss, this is just messed up. Frustrating to watch and I am absolute sucker for anything fantasy. I do not know if source material is as bad as this adaptation but I never was legit angry at an anime and this is the moment when I actually am.
May 16, 7:31 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to CorLeonis-_-
Elicopptero said:

This was literally me. I rewatched it just to make sure it actually happened. This is actually painfully horrible pacing, so much is happening it seems like and yet I understand jack shit about a single thing. Which I’ve read everywhere that this is exactly what’s happening, and it makes sense that huge chunks of the narrative are missing. But the kiss was most jarring of all to me, there’s been negative romantic chemistry built between them until now imo
@CorLeonis-_- Yeah It just made me like confused at first, and when I realized I didn't skip any episodes it was the first time I felt angry about a series, normally when I watch a bad anime I just see the bad points and think to myself "I know what I was getting into since episode 1" but this anime started so fucking good and looked so promising that I'm surprised that someone in the writing team could make it go so low in so less time, I mean it never was a perfect anime but the transition from episode 5 to 6 was like "How can we destroy pacing and core elements of the series (MC's relationship) in record time".

That's what I feel so sad about because it was so promising and looked so good that it's just sad to see them destroy everything in 1 episode, am sure the source material has better pacing and explains why this is happening or this would never get an adaptation
May 16, 7:34 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to SlashBeast
I think this is the first time ever for me to see an anime that looks nice, I like the setting and the voice actors sounds amazing but holy smokes the plot here has such a cognitive dissonance. The fact that there's a threat of rape used as a prank and a moment after there's a scene where they kiss, this is just messed up. Frustrating to watch and I am absolute sucker for anything fantasy. I do not know if source material is as bad as this adaptation but I never was legit angry at an anime and this is the moment when I actually am.
@SlashBeast the source material is said to be decent. ENGI just fucked up.

https://twitter.com/BasedLIDA/status/1784297413223866430
I finished reading Unnamed Memory LN Vol. 1 and 2 and am starting on Vol. 3. The narrative is quite fascinating, and I’m loving the detailed journey, particularly how Tinasha and Oscar’s relationship develops, it’s so genuine and fluid. They're definitely among my favorite duos!

https://twitter.com/BasedLIDA/status/1784298525897228591

Their connection in the novel is far more impactful than in the anime, which fails to capture the essence due to omitted details. It significantly diminishes their relationship, which i can't endorse. I highly recommend reading the novel, it's way better.
May 16, 12:50 PM

Aug 2021
get ntr'd buddy.

in all seriousness, the progressions of the story and the "romance" are laughable at this point
May 16, 8:23 PM

Aug 2012
We are truly witnessing history here. This anime will surely be studied as one of the most successful, worst adaptations ever. Most good adaptations try to get you to jump into the source material by getting you hype and leave you wanting more. This one will accomplish that by confusing the fuck out of its viewers with it's terrible pacing that will leave viewers wanting to drop the show and read the LN. Honestly not sure where I go from here. If I continue the show, I feel like I'd be spoiling the LN for myself which seems to genuinely have an interesting plot and characters, but if I drop it I won't get to experience the dumpster fire while it's hot.

Anyway, regarding the episode: I dropped my jaw when the kiss happened, for all the wrong reasons. Even knowing they were rushing the pacing of the show and the deleopment of their relationship from earlier episodes, I could not believe how badly this was executed. The only impact the scene had on me was purely due to the fact that it took me completely by surprise because it happened so nonchalantly, as opposed to actually having any meaningful build-up or proper execution. A couple's first kiss in a show should be a huge moment, and they animated it as though it was nothing special to the characters, or like it wasn't their first kiss. Honestly, I would not be surprised if it wasn't at this point with how much is apparently being skipped.
May 16, 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
This thing is just all over the place. Pacing makes no sense, I feel like they are skipping whole chunks.
May 17, 1:08 AM

Jan 2022
This episode single-handedly made me start to dislike this series. This felt unreasonably rushed, like 3 episodes could have been used to explain everything here, and it doesn't really make sense for 60% of the progress for the episode. But maybe I am not very attentive or something.
I hear this is a bad adaptation, maybe those people are correct?

I won't give up this anime because I hope that the rest of the episodes redeem it, but who knows.

May 17, 7:36 AM
Mar 2019
That escalated rather quickly. There's something missing in Tinasha's backstory, or there might be some unrevealed intentions as to why she is acting that way. We'll see.
May 17, 7:54 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to WolfManZylo
We are truly witnessing history here. This anime will surely be studied as one of the most successful, worst adaptations ever. Most good adaptations try to get you to jump into the source material by getting you hype and leave you wanting more. This one will accomplish that by confusing the fuck out of its viewers with it's terrible pacing that will leave viewers wanting to drop the show and read the LN. Honestly not sure where I go from here. If I continue the show, I feel like I'd be spoiling the LN for myself which seems to genuinely have an interesting plot and characters, but if I drop it I won't get to experience the dumpster fire while it's hot.

Anyway, regarding the episode: I dropped my jaw when the kiss happened, for all the wrong reasons. Even knowing they were rushing the pacing of the show and the deleopment of their relationship from earlier episodes, I could not believe how badly this was executed. The only impact the scene had on me was purely due to the fact that it took me completely by surprise because it happened so nonchalantly, as opposed to actually having any meaningful build-up or proper execution. A couple's first kiss in a show should be a huge moment, and they animated it as though it was nothing special to the characters, or like it wasn't their first kiss. Honestly, I would not be surprised if it wasn't at this point with how much is apparently being skipped.
@WolfManZylo when I saw them kiss in the beginning I just paused the anime and went like "did I skip an episode or something ?" only to find out I didn't, I was like theres something off here, somethings not adding up, maybe they released the episodes in the wrong order or something, since I dont usually partake in discussions about animes of the season, I went to check what was going on here and now I see everyone complaining about the poor adaption of the source material, I was already feeling the anime was going too fast and the previous episode was already weird, but this one managed to ruin the entire series for me, suddenly they kiss, the mc's curse is cured out of nowhere with no cerimony (i thought it was a major plot point that was going to be fixed like later in the series not halfway through it) and now theres a villain that tinasha has a story with, what a freaking mess, I think ill watch 2 more episodes before dropping it, it definitely feels like I simply began the season 2 with this episode yet we are like 2 hours into it so far.

Being honest it kinda reminded me of ragna crimson, this and that anime I was enjoying my time with it very veryyy well until something stupid happened and instantly turned me off that I felt such a disdain for the anime that I had to simply stop watching, the difference is that this one took at least 6 eps to do that and the other took 2 eps. I may watch the LN cuz I think the story has a potential, if this anime's purpose was to sell me the LN then they did that very well, but someone spoiled me that the story involves some timeloop thing and I hate stories like that or anything that involves time travel.
May 17, 8:50 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally something exciting is happening, this episode is a turning point.

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoy this episode, most people love to complain to every single thing when the show hasn't even finished yet.

When some other anime whose characters having meetings for 5 episodes straight people complain, when some other anime whose two characters doing romance story on the same couch people complain, and now people complain about being too fast or not understanding the story when it's not that hard to understand this as Lucrezia explained all that Tinasha's sudden change behavior.

If you use your brain a little and actually watch this episode in normal speed you know that Tinasha wasn't doing NTR or doing some random stuff :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 18, 6:33 AM
Sep 2021
That was some twist in the story, really surprised me. Excited for more.
May 18, 8:14 AM
Nov 2019
Where the fuck did that kiss come from? I thought I missed an episode lol. This episode confused tf out me.
May 18, 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
Tinasha cancelling the curse within Oscar by overwriting with her blood, that's a rather risky gamble, but if it works, it works. More or less, the ball now is important, and Oscar wants Tinasha to go along with him, even if it's an act to see King Kevin and celebrate his birthday, and even then, he could be happy if Tinasha would agree to marrying him. As for Princess Cecilla of Tayiri trying to entice Oscar, Tinasha has to interfere her way through to hide Oscar away from Lanak, who scurrys her away to Cuscull.

Oscar, clearly enraged of the reunion between Tinasha and Lanak, Lucrezia lays bare of their history, especially TInasha as a Tuldarr, which makes her royalty, and Lanak, who was just a lowly servant, with both not knowing the wiser about their own kingdom's ascension and political struggle. And even with Lanak trying to steal the core of Tinasha's power through horrific torture and making it his own, the power that he sought eventually returned to her, and the lands became which it was, including the tower which she resided at ever since. And that's where Oscar drew the line to save Tinasha, and his father successing him to the throne since the time was just right too.

Dubious pacing aside, this episode was at least in some form or way, coherent.
May 18, 7:01 PM
Jun 2017
That kiss was so unsolicited, based on character development so far, that I had to go check if I missed an episode.
May 18, 8:20 PM
Apr 2023
im sorry but this adaptation is just ass
May 19, 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
The foundations of the plot aren't bad per se, it's just painfully rushed.
Having said that it's also not quite as interesting enough to get me interested in the source material. It's passable in 2x speed anime form and that's it.
If this awful pacing persists the 'climax' will be unbelievably cringe, so I might as well drop it here
LanzMay 19, 6:08 AM
May 20, 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to tzatzikiweeb
That kiss was so unsolicited, based on character development so far, that I had to go check if I missed an episode.
@tzatzikiweeb a lot of people are having similar reactions to that, I thought I skipped an episode too, it shows the poor job this studio is doing by adapting the LN like this, its almost like they hate the original work and are doing it as fast as they can just to get over it., i think I will watch 1-2 more episodes to see if is there any hope of this getting better, I normally drop some animes earlier but I was enjoying this one and I liked tinasha as a character, everything else about this has been so meh, it kinda feels like vermeil in gold without the ecchi.
May 20, 12:06 PM
May 2024
Best anime ever
The story is amazing and thrilling
May 21, 1:16 PM

Nov 2017
It. Moves. Too. Damn. Fast.

But okay, there's a new guy round the block..
May 25, 5:11 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to lucio54
Dude what the fuck is this pacing?
The connection between the events is totally fucked up, i can't understand many things, like the coment above i am lost too.
And a leak says that there will be 2 cours (will probably be announced at the last episode), this is just a stupid screenwriter.
@lucio54 Hard agree, dropped this one, the pacing is way too fucked.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 26, 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
Hate that she broke the curse. Romance plot is now dead, there is no edge left whatsoever. Both can just do whatever the fuck they want.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

41 by Niveen_Sleem »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

51 by tekkenshu7 »»
7 hours ago

» Look ENGI has a reputation but

Shamsy - Apr 16

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Yesterday, 7:00 PM

» What on earth happened in this episode 8?

mufarari - May 29

8 by _kawaii_chan__ »»
Yesterday, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16

70 by LucasDoragon »»
May 25, 5:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.