Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
Embodiment of control freak.

He did come to terms with it quite quickly; guess there's more at play.
Apr 15, 4:38 AM

Jan 2017
Nice. Didn't expect it to be this cute---I honestly love the pair. This premier was a lot better than Spy x Family since the two of them were childhood friends for a while so the marriage thing didn't feel too forced unlike with the former who were literally strangers. (But Spy x Family is not bad you know because of Damian haha). Ohhhh and it has 27 episodes?!!
Apr 18, 2:49 AM
Jan 2018
Damn, another anime where MAL made an error thinking it’s not on my watching list….. I’m getting kinda worried now
Apr 20, 6:26 AM
Sep 2021
Loving the premise, interesting characters & story. Excited for more.
Apr 25, 5:56 AM
Mar 2012
Mutsumi same blue & white streak hair!? the seasonal cousin to Tiera of New Gate.
Main pair kinda fun. trio friends super nice to Taiyo. that's creepy.
wat Spy Family? quite smooth animation. not sold on the family of weirdos yet.
why that's fast progress.
Apr 27, 12:48 AM

Jan 2017
Can already tell Futuba will be my favorite character in the Yozakura family. Love her design and twintails. Not to mention being voiced by Akarin. Interested in seeing how Taiyo and Mutsumi's relationship develops from here, getting engaged off of the first ep. This show has a wide array of fun characters with unique designs. I only wished Taiyo made a more impactful entrance stepping out of the large safe.
Apr 28, 11:09 AM

Mar 2020
Not the best start, pretty average shouneny show with stereotypical characters. So much hype from the studio saying how much work they had put into the project for such mediocre production values ... really disapointing
Apr 30, 4:40 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Embient
Have heard a lot of good things about the manga, now let's see what it's about. Also it's 2 cours! But this being on Hulu is a shame, I hope it gets popular anyway somehow.

Mutsumi(六美)- lit. "six beauty"
Asano Taiyo (朝野 太陽)- "morning field + sun"
A karaoke with seasonal anime openings sounds so cool actually.
Knowing that the teacher is actually Mutsumi's brother makes these scenes funny lol. At least to me.
Futaba(二刃)- "two blade"
Shinzo(辛三)- "spicy/tough three"
Shion(四怨)- "four grudges"
Kengo(嫌五)- "dislike five"
Nanao(七悪)- "seven bad/evil"
Kyoichiro(凶一郎)- "evil one son"
I guess the number represent the order they were born.
And 夜桜 (yozakura) - "night cherry blossom"

10:46
"Kyoichiro (Mutsumi LOVE)
Mutsumi ftw.
(Currently not taking commissions)"

13:22 She didn't actually say "sister fetish" here, but okay.

A really good first episode! This was fun. And also I really liked the VAs.

Edit: Where did people get 27 episodes from? Oh well, if this is true, I'm happy.

Edit2: Brother, not father, I knew Kyoichiro was Mutsumi's brother. I don't know why the hell I wrote father at first.
@Embient Love how they alter the commonly used kanji in the names in order to convey specific meanings about each of the family members. I wonder how much time they will spend developing each one as we have double cours.
May 2, 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
That was a lot of contrived bullshit but well...
The MCs are cute I guess? I'm a lookist when it comes to anime so that means a lot actually

Didn't like how there were long ass pauses between the dialogue/actions, everyone waiting around 30 seconds for the other guy to finish speaking before reacting at all
Made the characters look like they're intellectually challenged
May 6, 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, married in the very first episode!
Yozakuras seem like a very nice family, except for the big bro (obviously). For now he's extremely unlikable twisted freak. He was seriously going to lock her up like some exotic pet, I don't doubt it...

I have a bad feeling about this show for some reason. I suspect the vast majority of the show will be about big bro bullying MC as he's training to get stronger (repetitive?).
Hopefully there's more to it than that.
Also, I'll take a wild guess and say MC's family didn't die due to accident but was assassinated. Think it's a twist this show simply CAN'T miss. Now the bigger and darker twist would be if Yozakuras are responsible.
Again, I'll hope the plot isn't this predictable.
May 6, 7:52 AM
Feb 2021
Part of me thought this would be a similar premise like SpyxFamily, but to say that this anime is better than SpyxFamily is completely crazy, but this is only the first episode so. The first episode was pretty good, the brother is just overprotective of his sister after a traumatized incident occurred, so you can’t blame him, but at the same time BRO NEEDS TO CHILL LIKE DUDE, IT AIN’T THAT SERIOUS. Anyways Taiyo is also dealing with the similar situation when his family died from the car crash so for him to make the decision to marry Mutsumi so that both of them won’t be in danger makes sense. He feels like he’s a bad luck charm with anyone he’s close with may die, but maybe as this season progresses he could change that perspective and can really be the one to protect Mutsumi. Hope to see where it goes from here.
May 7, 2:39 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
the giant bucket head reminds me of alphonse elric

yeah this is gonna be a pass from me, but I'll pick it up when it finishes airing IF it turns out that it actually slaps; who knows.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 8, 8:43 AM
May 2024
Really fun start. Don’t really get the complaints outside of the bother being a bit creepy. Really looking forward to the rest of the show and it gave me spy x family vibes and that’s my fav
May 10, 6:24 AM
Nov 2022
not the best start but the characters each seem very unique i'll keep watching
May 13, 5:49 AM

Feb 2021
That boy really have a courage and marriage her XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 14, 9:39 PM
May 2023
It was OK, nothing special. I like Mutsumi hair.
May 19, 7:29 AM
Oct 2022
I don't like how the guy didn't know any of this, then it all just gets dumped on him in a flash. I know there's no gentle way of introducing a whole family of weirdo "Spies", but you'd think he'd at least have met some of them after all this time. The thing with the brother clearly started long after they knew each other, so this level of secrecy doesn't make sense.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is the story going to go anywhere at some point?

dadnaya - 8 hours ago

4 by dadnaya »»
22 minutes ago

» genuine doubt

Bru_noair - Apr 13

8 by mshfqtny »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

16 by Treyv0n »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

» Looks like it's Taiyou's turn 🙂

lightning_angad7 - May 26

2 by Eldencheese »»
May 26, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12

47 by FrostyWeebNutz »»
May 26, 8:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.