Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 8:34 PM
Jul 2022
INCRIVELL adoro esse anime
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

May 2021
Nadeshiko sure had a heck of a time making that alcohol stove.

Apr 6, 3:38 AM
Sep 2016
Well.... Yuru Camp is still Yuru Camp.... None of the seiyuu's change, and Tateyama Akiyuki-sensei is still strong in his OSTs.... But nevertheless, the studio change came with change in character design, which was sooo jarring! Not worse, but just so jarringly diferent. I'll need time to adapt to the new style.

Anyways:
- Chibi Rin-chan!!!!!
- Asaka-san on ED, and no Sasaki Eri-san's ED!? Noooo.... Yuru Camp is ruined!!! wwwwwww
But, seriously tho, it's really shame that we'll no longer hear Sasaki-san's ED for Yuru Camp. She's one of my favorite jap singer.
- Did they just reused several scenes from C-Station's previous Yuru Camp seasons?
- Also, Lake Shojiko... Why the Mototsu theme is playing? Well the scenery do mathed the ones from Mototsu, what with Fuji-san and a lake, but still, it's the sacred Mototsu theme tho.... The one OST that started Yuru Camp (the anime)....
uncleqrowApr 6, 3:46 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 6, 4:01 AM
Dec 2022
They're back! So do the talking pine cones and others too! Look forward to their camping adventures
Apr 7, 1:13 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Everything I was missing from this anime is back!

- Opening that mades you happy no matter what
- Rin enjoying her solo camping
- Talking pinecones!
- Ojiisan
- The Outdoor Activities Club and the sensei
- Heartwrming ending
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 7, 12:04 PM
Mar 2024
Camp bros, we're so back
Apr 7, 11:48 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One point, I want to watch all them together camping!
kekeke
Apr 8, 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
good to be back, they really went all out with the cgi tho lmao
Apr 8, 10:14 AM

Mar 2024
Damn, grandpa still showing off for Rin and she of course is totally enthralled by it. Off to a great season with this episode - was skeptical of the studio change and it will take some time to get used to the new design, but they definitely delievered. And that ED... total banger.
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Nov 2018
in the first minutes of the ep., i was shocked at how rin looked, because she had a naturally expressionless face and with this new animation i felt like that changed drastically. i'm going to miss how they looked before this design change :/

Apr 8, 7:20 PM

Apr 2016
Character design is dogshit compared to C-Station but the background art is just as gorgeous.
Apr 9, 4:02 PM
Jul 2020
i waited this so much and its good
Apr 9, 4:19 PM
Oct 2018
Of all the years, this year needed a season of Yuru Camp.
Apr 10, 7:09 AM

Jan 2021
I'm dissapointed on how they really took the art direction seriously. For me, it was the art-style the most because it's hard to watch and unbearable at the same time. Moreover, 8-bit studios really did pop off the suprise.

Other than that, most of the characters are still teenagers which take place in the same setting in season 1 and 2 before the movie.

Overall it was a good start for me especially we got to see young Shima-rin in the first episode.
Take your Heart, Change Your Time AKIYU

Apr 10, 4:26 PM

May 2013
I'm currently catching up on season 2. Does the new season still have the weird... almsot product placement type stuff where they describe in depth every piece of equipment and its price and such? Don't get me wrong, I love the series, and it's not a deal breaker, was just curious what to expect.
Apr 11, 5:53 PM

May 2013
Reply to Polvo_Aranha
The animation got a huge downgrade.
@Polvo_Aranha Having just watched all of season 2, I can tell you now that the production quality is actually much higher. Much more detailing; the CG bike scene isn't quite as clunky and they mask it / add enough other detail in the scenes to make it work better; a bit more visual fidelity and beautiful vista type scenes. The character designs aren't quite as good imo, but that's as far as I'd go.
Apr 11, 5:55 PM
Jun 2020
But the movement is stiff.
Apr 11, 5:56 PM

May 2013
Reply to SkyLETV
It's back! Man, this show is so special. It always makes me happy, I always watch it with a smile on my face... I love it.

I know about the change of studio and staff but maybe it's because it's been 3 years since I watched the second season but design wise, I really didn't see much difference. In fact, I think I like this Ena more although I don't know if it's the new design or her hair is just longer haha. I like Aki's longer bangs as well.

I did notice the photorealistic backgrounds more though. It's not bad but it's different.

Small Rin is adorable <3, I'm so happy to have her back. By the way, where is her hair bun?

OP visuals are great but I prefer the ending song.

Looking forward to a "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin-chan!"
@SkyLETV Main downgrade for me is rin's design. She looks a bit mroe child-like and they nerfed the hair bun. Her old design is what I'll miss most from the old production, but the new production seems to be more photo realistic / detailed as you said: pretty nice improvement having just cme from binging season 2.
Apr 11, 6:11 PM

May 2013
Reply to souraia
the style seems so playful and cartoony which is what i expected it to feel, the op and ed are literal masterpieces and the vibrant colors make me think this isnt real. The studio literally knocked this out of the park
@souraia Right? Totally in love with the OP and ED. The OP's the best in the series imo, favorite ED is still the original one but it's close. Also love that this new ED references to shiny days (the original OP).

Definitely agree that this studio brought an overall bump in quality so far. Too early to tell for sure, but having gone directly from season 2 to this, I can say with certainty that the first episode of this season had more vistas, interesting camera angles, detailing, etc.. I definitely feel the pain of losing the old character art style, but I think it'll be an overall improvement when all is said and done.
Apr 11, 6:15 PM

May 2013
Reply to Ringa
I might be wrong, but some if not most of the backgrounds look like edited photos, are they just that hyper-realistic?
@Ringa Hard to say. I was noticing similar though in a lot of episodes of season 2 as well though, so it isn't necessarily exclusive to this studio. It looks really good though, which is all that really matters. Now if only they could take the old character art, and cut & paste it in :S
Apr 13, 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
I'm already liking it more than the previous season.
Apr 13, 4:38 PM

May 2020
Love this episode, keep this up!
Apr 14, 10:25 AM
Jul 2014
This series never fails to elevate my spirits after a long day of intellectual discussions and language learning! And hopefully young audiences can become more open-minded and compassionate/empathetic to their fellow humans in reality too
Apr 18, 2:11 PM
Feb 2018
great first episode
Apr 19, 3:31 AM

Feb 2016
hehe, cute child Rin is cute.

Aki looks beautiful with her bangs.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 22, 6:07 PM
Jul 2020
png
png
png
png

png
png
Apr 23, 4:33 PM

Sep 2017
Yeah, that's what I needed right now. Really glad this is back for season 3. So much soul healing.
May 6, 7:47 AM
Apr 2018
So glad to see the return of camping wholesomeness. That being said, anyone else notices something iffy with the background animation? The train at the start, then the mountain later on looks more like a creation of photography more than animation. Also, the walking CGI towards then end isn't to my taste.
May 9, 9:24 AM
Jul 2011
Reply to Softhenic03
Honestly, after that movie didn't think we'd get a continuation, and tbh, that would've worked too to some extent, though a continuation to one of the better feel good series out there is not at all not welcomed.

Colours may look a bit on brighter side, and then we have the changes in character designs too, but tbh, they don't look jarring at all, like what most of us initially thought, I mean my girl, Nadeshiko looks as good as she always had, so yeah.. by the way, the usual gang did meet, excluding Rin, of course, and they had their after school fun with alcohol stoves and everything, so nothing has changed, as far as the activities of our characters are concerned.

A good return tbh, but yeah watching this after the movie does feel a bit weird lol.
@Softhenic03 Same here.
May 11, 1:03 AM
May 2023
I'm a bit disappointed about the character designs but the anime is still pretty good.
May 12, 3:51 AM

Feb 2019
The character designs feel different. So far, I prefer the old one. But maybe I'll get used to it.

Chibi Rin is so cute!
May 20, 8:54 AM

Sep 2014
Its been so long since I watched this show, I forgot how good it is! And now Im half a season late to the party, just in time to catch up though since I wont have anything to do for the next couple of weeks since I broke my leg. The outside is scary.

6 years since season 1 sounds insane in hindsight. I am getting old. I hope I will be as cool as Rins grandpa when the time comes.

PS: I love when anime do these little DIY parts, surprised to see no warning label though since I would no let kids handle cutting aluminium cans with knifes.
Comander-07May 20, 9:07 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

27 by vadoyager7 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 30

59 by FMmatron »»
Yesterday, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

69 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 12:22 PM

» Thoughts on the studio change and new character design? ( 1 2 )

Blitzorr - Jul 9, 2023

79 by Tenderizer79 »»
Yesterday, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Season 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23

65 by Ranxomare »»
Jun 5, 12:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.