Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 29, 9:53 PM

Aug 2021
Let's be honest, Apothecary Diaries despite being Seinen manga has a lot of appeal to female viewers. Jinshi and Maomao ship dynamics can be found in plenty of Shoujo manga where a beautiful boy with a higher social status slowly warms to average cute girl is something that would appeal to women in general IMO, it's quite similar to Haruhi Fujioka and Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School host club.

Sometimes, Jinshi can be little too pushy for male audience. I can understand why some people may feel uncomfortable with his actions. What do male fans think of him in general? I think he's written for an female demographic
Mar 29, 10:08 PM
Jan 2024
I just enjoy the show I don't think about these things
Mar 29, 10:18 PM
Jan 2021
I get sexual misconduct vibes from him. He lacks boundaries, does not respect Mao Mao when she says no, and pushes his limits with her. It's also worse cause he is in a position of power. The scene with the honey was really annoying to watch. He was very pushy and she was thinking she had to do it.
Mar 29, 10:59 PM
Mar 2021
I think he’s too criticized by the people that watch apothecary diaries. Me personally, i love him
Mar 30, 12:35 AM
Mar 2012
Jinshi can be very specific in his behavior. Some of his actions are mistakenly perceived by Maomao as an order, which results from the boss-subordinate relationship. I agree that Jinshi will appeal to women more, but I (as a guy) like this character.
Mar 30, 12:53 AM
Dec 2022
He needs to learn about personal space and how to mind his business. Maomao tolerates him A LOT.
Dec 2022
The_lady_lexi said:
I get sexual misconduct vibes from him. He lacks boundaries, does not respect Mao Mao when she says no, and pushes his limits with her. It's also worse cause he is in a position of power. The scene with the honey was really annoying to watch. He was very pushy and she was thinking she had to do it.

I couldn’t have said it more perfectly.
Feb 2018
I find him informative and witty. Good night.
Mar 30, 1:23 AM

Jan 2021
He's a side piece to Maomao's story. I don't really think about him when I think of the show tbh. Goes to show how great the MC is at taking the spotlight.
Mar 30, 1:34 AM
Oct 2019
I tell you more when I read the LN because the anime is definitely not enough to get an idea of literally anyone except Maomao. Then add that it only adapted 2 of 14 LN(11 available in English) it's just the introduction and I don't get idea of introduction as per rules from one of my literature teacher.
Mar 30, 1:44 AM

Sep 2016
Jinshi is irksome, Maomao is awesome, nuff said.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 30, 3:15 AM
Jan 2024
hi777 said:

I defenetly agree got me it's a show I like to put on for they're dramas cause for me I didn't really focus on the romance part and what not mostly backstory and problems they had to solve
Mar 30, 3:25 AM

Apr 2012
We have a female everygirl protagonist, what kind of love interest do you want for her? This isn't the that kind of show that makes the MC gay just because the male writer can't write male love interests and the audience won't be able to empathize with the chemistry with a man. MaoMao and Junji's relationship is quite well written for a seinen show with a female protagonist.
Mar 30, 3:37 AM

Nov 2021
Every character in this show is sidelined by Maomao besides her father(Lakan) who was actually interesting character. Jinshi is alright I guess, he genuinely started to care about maomao as the show progresses. I don’t really think much about him.
Mar 30, 3:58 AM
Jan 2024
Zyro_Plaze said:
hi777 said:

I defenetly agree got me it's a show I like to put on for they're dramas cause for me I didn't really focus on the romance part and what not mostly backstory and problems they had to solve

I mean there's not much romance to begin with it isn't even the main focus tho I'm fine with as long as the show is interesting
Mar 30, 3:58 AM
Mar 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
Let's be honest, Apothecary Diaries despite being Seinen manga has a lot of appeal to female viewers. Jinshi and Maomao ship dynamics can be found in plenty of Shoujo manga where a beautiful boy with a higher social status slowly warms to average cute girl is something that would appeal to women in general IMO, it's quite similar to Haruhi Fujioka and Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School host club.

Sometimes, Jinshi can be little too pushy for male audience. I can understand why some people may feel uncomfortable with his actions. What do male fans think of him in general? I think he's written for an female demographic

For me it doesn't matter, if I can enjoy a show, that's all I need
I even watched many shoujo which were good
If a show is good, that's all that matters to me
If we were to go by audience then what bout one piece and others shonen
Just enjoy the ride.
Mar 30, 7:53 AM
Jul 2023
How I feel about Jinshi: Would
Mar 30, 12:05 PM
Jun 2016
He's pushy as hell, if he was ugly everybody would hate him and call him out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 12:35 PM
Apr 2023
He’s alright, slightly annoying though.
Mar 30, 12:57 PM
Aug 2023
Oh, he's so funny and pretty smart, too. And he gets jealous quickly ʕ ﹷ ᴥ ﹷʔ
Mar 30, 1:02 PM

Nov 2019
He's a product of his times and situation. He's doing his part well in the narrative. Not anything outstanding yet.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 30, 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to bubblychilled
The_lady_lexi said:

I couldn’t have said it more perfectly.
@bubblychilled Hello? This is an anime, not some woke garbage.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 30, 1:28 PM
Apr 2021
I don’t have a problem with jinshi
Mar 30, 1:44 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@bubblychilled Hello? This is an anime, not some woke garbage.
@LostSpectre You must be very fragile if a simple opinion is getting you this worked up😂. Everyone is free to have their own opinion 😘
Mar 30, 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to bubblychilled
@LostSpectre You must be very fragile if a simple opinion is getting you this worked up😂. Everyone is free to have their own opinion 😘
@bubblychilled You seem more worked up than me by that response. I was just reminding you, in case you forgot.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 30, 1:58 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@bubblychilled You seem more worked up than me by that response. I was just reminding you, in case you forgot.
@LostSpectre 😪 Dude you seemed offended my opinion just because it was different from yours. My apologies for critically thinking I guess 😂
Mar 30, 2:41 PM

May 2021
The fact there's multiple people in this thread who can't tell the difference between sexual misconduct and flirting is insane
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Mar 30, 3:01 PM
Jun 2021
he's a creep imo :(
Mar 30, 3:16 PM
May 2022
hi777 said:

Same here! ✌🏻
May 6, 5:33 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to DigiCat
The fact there's multiple people in this thread who can't tell the difference between sexual misconduct and flirting is insane
DigiCat said:

Many people have lost the ability to separate real life from fiction. They take their modern day sociopolitical ideals and apply them to the past and act shocked that humanity wasn't progressive thousands of years ago.
May 9, 9:18 AM

Apr 2022
Honestly he was easily the worse part of the show and I was begging for the writers to not make him and Mao Mao a thing later on. But, luckily he's improved as a character.

In all honesty, Apothecary Diaries takes place in Imperial China and Jinshi practically overseas brothels with his own concubine. If anything I'd be surprised if the writers made him not creepy in the slightest. If anything I would say the writers even held back. If you wanted to portray a character like this within that time period more accurately, oooh boi, Jinshi would be violating even more HR laws. Medieval China was not PC in the slightest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
Yesterday, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
Yesterday, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

118 by wumuti »»
Yesterday, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

163 by wumuti »»
Yesterday, 6:35 PM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

10 by tinshard »»
May 25, 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.