Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 8:25 AM

Dec 2021
Tournament arc time!

Finally, we've got an episode that's not dragging on forever. The last one just felt like it was never going to end with its long runtime, but this one feels much better paced. I'm really worried about Makino though, he's going to get himself killed at this rate. And did you see Raigan? He practically launched that big fella across the room! It was lucky that it started raining when it did.

But seriously, Osanai should never have taken that job. It's obvious it's going to end badly for him.

Feb 11, 11:18 AM
Feb 2016
Did the preview just spoil the next episode?
Feb 11, 12:59 PM

May 2015
I didn't think it was possible, but the already bad animation managed to get even worse.
Feb 11, 4:59 PM

Jul 2021
Apparently, the samurai lady is an actual historical figure: Nakazawa Koto

She fought on the Shogunate's side in Edo and in the Boshin War. She initially disguised herself as a man and continued dressing as a man even after her comrades found out her identity. "When Koto dresses as a man, many women fall in love with her. When Koto dresses as a woman, many men fall in love with her."

I love these kinds of stories, haha.
Feb 11, 5:00 PM

Nov 2016
These last two episodes with featuring all these characters and their matches seriously gave me Kengan vibes.

Entertaining episode with some surprises. Didn't expect the luckiest guy to actually die, even tho it's in a way expected that these kind of characters happen to run out of luck before they meet their end. Kyoushirou was more fortunate that he didn't get fatally poisoned and he even managed to win his match easily despite his handicap. Shizuma loss was overshadowed by something else. RIP Osanai? He shouldn't have let himself get talked into this. Welp, looks like he's regretting after all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 12, 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
After all that, they just rushed through the two most important things in the last 30 seconds....that's bad episode planning.
Feb 12, 11:55 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Reply to perseii
Apparently, the samurai lady is an actual historical figure: Nakazawa Koto

She fought on the Shogunate's side in Edo and in the Boshin War. She initially disguised herself as a man and continued dressing as a man even after her comrades found out her identity. "When Koto dresses as a man, many women fall in love with her. When Koto dresses as a woman, many men fall in love with her."

I love these kinds of stories, haha.
@perseii I didn't recognize her until she said that she would only marry a man that was stronger than her. It's too bad that she remained single until her death, since no man could beat her in a duel.
Feb 12, 1:10 PM

Jun 2019
Showtime101 said:
Did the preview just spoil the next episode?

There was no preview, all that happened in the same episode at the end.
Feb 15, 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
damn all the opium dealers have imported gatling guns these days haha

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 17, 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
I liked the sword fights. Putting historical characters makes it even more interesting. But I still cannot get over Fujita. xp
Mar 3, 3:32 AM

Jul 2017
With the Colosseum tournament, Shizuma goes against the killer sumo wrestler Raigan, though the bets sure feel one-sided...until the results came out to his victory for the first match. Koto Nakazawa is the clear favorite for Round 2 against outsider Blaze Miller, though a spear against a katana, it depends on the skills, and she won hers. As expected, Shizuma goes to see Koto, though a bunch of ruffians are no match for his unorthodox way of shelling them aside. Continuing with Fujita in Round 3, Shizuma finally remembers him when they met at Tsuruga Castle.

Alas, the rain omits the match for the day, and Kyoushirou takes a break for sightseeing to see his competition, though he gets caught in the proposition of getting poisoned. And him being mistakened as part of the Gekkengai, facing Shimizu Komasa of the Jirouchou Clan, of which he was taken care of by the Douyamas before, Kyoushirou took care of him straight-on, leading Shizuma to believe that Kyoushirou might just be their guy, confirmed by Makino.

Within both sides, Shizuma facing Koto, and Kyoushirou facing Makino and Osanai...with the latter killed on the spot, there is no saving grace.
Mar 6, 9:33 AM
Mar 2020
wow thats a rare technique, speeding up the pacing cause we already know how it'll end, compacting the gutpunch drama and preserving both budget and runtime, clever clever, most shows would drag this out into an entire episode of yelling back and forth
Mar 29, 12:46 AM

Oct 2013
All matches have been good so far. I liked the variety of the contendants. Each one is different, and not all of them use the same weapon. Who would have thought that such exciting episode was to be concluded in such a dramatic way. Poor policeman dude who was stupid enough to attack Shuragami.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

23 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 24, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 10

10 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 24, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

11 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 23, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

12 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 22, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 4

10 by SuperAdventure »»
Jul 22, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.