Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 8:26 AM

Dec 2021
I haven't seen an anime without an OP in quite some time.

Following the attempted assassination by the Iwakura group, Takechi and others were captured by the police. However, Shizuma, who happened to be present at the scene, ended up cooperating with the police. Recognizing Shizuma's skills, Chief Superintendent Kawaji strongly recommended him to join the police force. Thus, Shizuma became a patrol officer and teamed up with Hidenobu for policing.

Meanwhile, the journalist Senri Kurogi, acting on a secret mission from the British Parks envoy, visited the imprisoned Takechi. During the meeting, she learned about the clandestine activities of a mysterious geisha. Around the same time, the chivalrous swordsman, Kyoushirou, approached the Moriya group. In order to get closer to them, he wiped out the Dodoyama group, a rival faction, along with his three companions, and handed over their emblem to the Moriya group's leader, Ryuuzou.

What is the true intention behind Kyoushirou's involvement in the dirty work of the organization?

Jan 21, 10:06 AM

Apr 2021
So far it's kinda all over the place but in an entertaining way. Some of it is historical and some of it's fantasy and it's fascinating to dig about Wikipedia to figure out where it gets into alternate history territory. I'd vaguely heard about the Saga Rebellion before but couldn't tell you what exactly it was.
Jan 21, 12:11 PM
Aug 2020
this another good episode

he cut the arm,damn

there is a good potential with one, i will to talk more of that on my insta...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 21, 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
Shisho again at the end xD The one from Kenshin, kinda resembles him.

The animation in this ep wasnt that good as in 1st one, i think. About the realism - as a person who has a bit of exeprience in fighting with both katana and stick, i believe there's no way the stick would survive that long against katana - you dont usually cross them. But maybe it changed over last 150 yrs, cannot day for sure. : )
Poor guy got cut in both collarbones and still wad able to swing a weapon. Though one!
Jan 21, 6:18 PM

Nov 2016
Well, since they were in the bath house they could definitely see that you have balls Kyoushirou.

I like it so far. Much more engaging than Jouran.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Not bad so far, it feels a little disjointed with so many different stories and characters going on at once, but it definitely is interesting still.
Jan 21, 11:47 PM

Jul 2021
As interesting as the setting is, it feels like they just wanted to animate cool stuff alongside a string of actual (?) historical figures and events.

I also realized only now that this show does not have an OP and ED. I wonder if this is a sign of getting "kicked out the door" after a long and difficult production...
Jan 22, 11:51 AM
May 2019
This show is somehow very interesting, with the historical elements and the fictional plots mixed. The animation and visuals are also good sf. I think the pace is a bit too slow but the eps are longer than normal, so I guess I'll need to get used to It.
The two mcs just met weeeeee, hope we'll get more interactions soon.
MoonLuhAnaJan 22, 11:57 AM
Jan 22, 3:36 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
A lot of things are going on right now, but I still find this episode more engaging and intriguing. We learned Kyoushirou has bigger balls than the yakuza, by having his group take out the rival clan and now he's in the Moriya clan crossing paths with Shizuma who was fighting with the soldiers.
Jan 22, 4:36 PM
Sep 2017
I like it so far. A great setting and a good start in terms of plot and characters with the potential to become really good, if the chips fall right. I like the way this is written. Very classic and understated. The big question will be, if they can pull off a complex story with this many characters and moving parts in what, I assume, is a single cour.

This is definitely one of the most promising new shows this season. Like last years Revengers, but with a bigger focus on a linear story.
Jan 23, 2:33 PM

Feb 2012
Was the Shuragami dude some kind of pirate before joining the Yakuza? Is that what the eyepatch motif is about?

There's an interservice rivalry brewing between the Tokyo Police and the Chindai dudes. The British Embassy sent that Geisha undercover to stir the pot.
The Geisha in the rickshaw shows she can do origami, too. A red herring or could she be the MC's fiancée? Her colleague is testing a drug or poison on the fish. Timing how long it had to take effect, her cough may be from tuberculosis.

Yakuza and police working together against the corrupt military? That arm slice was graphic.
So Shuragami's new boss, the Moriya boss has ties to the blonde, blue-eyed villain who wants both rebels and the military to fight each other. What's his endgame?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 24, 1:46 AM

Jul 2017
For Kyoushirou Shuragami, he's been driven out of the Douyama Clan due to falsified rumours, though how will be seek recluse?

After getting recommended by Chief Superintendent Kawaji, Shizuma is in the police force, but facing the ever-so-annoying Chindai, gets injured himself. On the other hand, Iwakura's assassination case, spearheaded by Takechi, has been cleared, so that's a plus. English Jounalist Mary Blackwood wanting to interview Takechi about the assassination case, he gives her the details of this geisha, which feels like she's mocking the tool who doesn't know that he's being used.

The theater buff Osanai may not be pleasant working with Shizuma but facing the Chindai as the former samurai while performing a theater act, the latter used the most out of it, and earned the police a rather good reputation between a Satsuma man and Aizu man. Obviously, the police is not the only one that has a problem with the Chindai, but the Moriya Clan as well, of which Shuragami is a dweller to help in their stead, which is assisted by Shizuma. Kawaji comes in to interrupt the battle as a fight in Saga is more important.

Still wonky and chunky bits here and there, I'm not so sure about the story direction for this one.
Jan 24, 3:02 AM

Nov 2009
This is fun but the Quality animation is.....Yes.
Feb 16, 5:31 PM

Oct 2016
The aesthetics aren't there, it seems there is a lot happening but not really, the characters are not interesting, the tone is not serious enough, etc. etc. All of it sums up my previous experiences with Crunchyroll originals so I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
Mar 27, 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
Hehe, Shuragami introduced himself in a very flashy way, lol.

I liked the action scenes and the whole build-up before them. We could learn more about several characters, but without getting overwhelmed with their backstories.

Overall, it was a very manly episode. I liked it.
Apr 15, 2:27 AM
Jun 2022
Eye Patch Man Was Itching To Show Off His Body .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 17

22 by AJpurple »»
May 19, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 10

9 by AJpurple »»
May 19, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 3

10 by AJpurple »»
May 19, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 25

11 by AJpurple »»
May 19, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Meiji Gekken: 1874 Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 18

13 by AJpurple »»
May 19, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.