Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2023 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
That OP song has a tone that imo works for this show. It's nice to see familiar characters especially Will back again. He's with Robina and looks like they are on a new adventure. Meneldor make a reappearance too.

Looks like this takes place after a 2 year time skip although Will himself hasnt' changed much. A very lighthearted episode and that old man they met seemed like a wise individual.

Jul 2017
With a staff overhaul and studio change, novelist Kanata Yanagino's Saihate no Paladin is back after 2 years from Fall 2021 to continue its story.

Nagi Yanagi for the OP, it's a decent song, though I much preferred her Season 1 ED song.

The Torch City that Will has seen its developments, it has become Torch Port, and hoping that it'll grow in time to come. Onto Whitesails for the winter solstice, both Will and Robina had their fair share of fun, and as thanks, Bee wants to go and see something in the Academy of the Woods that a normal troubadour like her will not do, and not even for Will since traps are laid to prevent unauthorized people entering in the secret facility. Even in the woods where it's a complete maze where Gus had failed in trying to get into the Academy when he was young, it takes confidence not to push the envelope. Eventually, both reach to the old man sitting in front of the fire being the groundskeeper and striking a conversation with him.

Clearly a test for Will, the old groundskeeper laid a simple request, and Will managed to smoke it out. And after soem questions, they were teleported straight to the Academy, with the old man being the Master of the Woods, Professor Hiram, granting them access. Bee wanting to see the library to find what she's looking for to improve her musical craft, it's more like Bee's looking into her past, then bading Hiram farewell. The truth that Bee met a hero before her passing, Bee wants to keep the music about her alive.

It's heartwarming to come back to the good imitation of Mushoku Tensei after 2 years, hopefully Season 2 is an improvement over Season 1.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 4:09 AM

Dec 2021
After a long two years after the first season, we continue our journey in Saihate no Paladin.

Two years had passed since he left the City of the Dead, and Will, who felt a certain sense of development leading to the future of the Torch Port, was invited by Ethelbald to participate in the New Year's ceremony in the city of Whitesails. After the ceremony, at Bee's request, they headed together to the Academy of the Sage. However, on the way there, in the 'Forest of Lost Paths', they encountered a mysterious old man who claimed to be the guardian of the forest. From the old man, they receive an ominous prophecy from the king of the forest. "In the Iron Rust Mountains, the 'Fire of Black Calamity' will occur. The fire will spread, or it will burn everything in this land."

The series continues to thrive with intricate world-building. If you were a fan of the previous season, you'll certainly appreciate this one. A lot has transpired since the conclusion of the first season. In this episode, we witness the evolution of the main character after two years of serving as a Paladin for the people. For some inexplicable reason, this episode gave me strong Hobbit vibes. I had a notion that he might acquire another companion, perhaps a sage or magician, upon reaching the academy. I was somewhat disappointed with how that was briefly addressed, but nonetheless, magic in this world is portrayed realistically – it possesses power, but careless usage can lead to suffering.

Even though I considered the first season to be nothing more than a run-of-the-mill isekai, I'm still here, eager to explore the world of this anime.

Oct 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Feb 2021
Will's voice changed! This is good, his old voice would've sounded way too young now.
The studio changed too btw.

I guess Will won't be travelling anywhere now that he needs to manage all this land huh?
There are a lot of magic schools/academies in fantasy anime lately. Makes sense tho.
This was quite wholesome.
Let's hope this will be better than the previous season.
Oct 7, 2023 7:43 AM

Dec 2017
The quality certainly improved a little after the studio collab, I think I can actually watch and complete the season this time.

Lot of cuts from the source material but understandable, with that production quality I'd rather have them animate the important bits well. They better take it slow the next episodes though than rushing to the rust mountains.
karrotStickOct 7, 2023 2:05 PM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 7, 2023 7:54 AM
Jul 2023
Bee is so precious.
Oct 7, 2023 8:15 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to see the second season address my concern from the first season regarding Will's voice.
Oct 7, 2023 8:39 AM

Jun 2021
Yeah, I remember his voice was too feminine for his look. His voice sounds right now. Well, I'm glad for its return. Though I need some refreshment about the story..
Oct 7, 2023 8:40 AM

Jun 2014
This was a lighthearted episode to get us back into the world of Faraway Paladin. I don't remember much from season 1, but it's whatever. Nice to see an older Will along with Menel, and I liked seeing Will and Bee spend some time together as they went to the Academy library. As expected, there was more to that old man than initially meets the eye.

Let's see where season 2 takes us.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 7, 2023 8:51 AM

Apr 2012
i get that was the first episode and they wanted to start slow or something but man it wasnt a good episode (remembering S1)
i am assuming it will pick up fairly quickly though
Oct 7, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 2017
Bee's a nice girl, will miss her when she leaves. Will's voice changed which is nice. Let's see how this season will go.
Oct 7, 2023 9:28 AM
Feb 2017
I was surprised when I first heard his voice but. honestly I'm glad it's been 2 years I like how it started slow cause from trailers it looks to be so good
Oct 7, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
yeap, like the S1, nothing wow, but it is ok.

i want more...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 7, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2020
Quite honestly I remember very little of first season to begin with, apart from some main plot threads and the names of these characters. This show was just so-so after all. But to see Will still doing his part of good deeds along with Menel and Bee was quite a memory refresher.

Also, saw that old man transforming into some different self from miles away lol. Now hope this turns out better than the first season.
Oct 7, 2023 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
After 2 years we’re back in this world! Felt like season 1 was very underrated when it aired, a lot of potential in this world, but it is a slow build up. Appreciate that they eased us back into the world in this first episode.

A very wholesome bonding experience between Bee and Will. Had a feeling the old man in the forest would end up being someone important, and of course he was the professor lol. That prophecy he gave seemed pretty ominous though.

Seeing a lot of praise for Will’s new Seiyuu, but man it’s been so long I honestly don’t even remember what he sounded like before lol. A voice change after a two year timeskip for a teenager makes a lot of sense though.

Overall pretty solid first episode back. LN fans been hyping this season up so got high expectations for it. Quality looks way better with the studio collab.
Marinate1016Oct 7, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 7, 2023 10:35 AM

Jul 2022
It's nice to see this one back, fits like an old comfy shoe, despite some significant tweaks. Chill world building fantasy vibes for a Saturday morning.
Oct 7, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2019
Angry_By_Default said:
i get that was the first episode and they wanted to start slow or something but man it wasnt a good episode (remembering S1)
i am assuming it will pick up fairly quickly though

What manga is your profile picture from
Oct 7, 2023 11:25 AM
Jan 2012
Forgot we were getting more. Wish I hadn't spoiled so much with the manga. There's a lot out atm like that, like Shield Hero. This season should be good if adapted well though.
Oct 7, 2023 11:27 AM
Jun 2017
Will's voice changed😔
Oct 7, 2023 11:55 AM
Jun 2021
Slow and unengaging.
Oct 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Mar 2019
Bee is very cute and friendly, I love her.♥️

Good OP song; ♥️Nagi Yanagi♥️
Oct 7, 2023 12:35 PM
Apr 2021
For a second there I thought this was going to be another magic academy anime, and I was about to lose it. Good thing it wasn't.
Oct 7, 2023 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
I will miss the old Will voice :( but yeah he become a big boy now.

Oct 7, 2023 2:11 PM
Feb 2021
what is wrong with that old man's moustache? this is my first time seeing moustache so long that its cover his mouth and act as beard
Oct 7, 2023 2:43 PM

Nov 2012
I was happy to hear Shoya Chiba's voice when Will began speaking. I was worried, especially since MAL shows Maki Kawase. Personally, I find it really annoying when women do male voices. it's ok for children but when the character hits their teens or older, it's time to switch the seiyuu. Of course there are exceptions like Mayumi Tanaka being the voice of Luffy, but for me at least they are few and far between.
Oct 7, 2023 3:55 PM
Jun 2021
Kind of a lame start of the season.
Does not really setup any new plot points, or introduce any new characters.
Kind of just meanders, while having some nice vibes form two of the main characters.

Almost nothing happens though, I am sure most people who watched this considered it MEH.
Oct 7, 2023 4:15 PM
Jul 2021
Weak AF episode, this is not how you start a new season! This felt like a mid season episode at best, at worst a filler!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Oct 2010
It was not a battle series in a first place, so slow episode with cutie Bee is a good start.
Oct 7, 2023 10:28 PM

Feb 2022
How old is Bee?
It sounds like she's hundreds of years old if people aren't remembering heroes she was with.
Curious how long halflings live in that world.

Not a bad episode, interesting going to the academy I have a feeling it'll be a recurring place.
Oct 7, 2023 11:28 PM
Mar 2014
Glad that they changed his voice now with timeskip
the MVP this episode is Bee, love her voice and design, they little adventure make is calming
Oct 8, 2023 2:13 AM
Mar 2021
Not as strong as others, but really like the interaction between Will, Bee and the oldman. It's something I hardly find in most isekais out there, even the some big name isekais.
Oct 8, 2023 3:34 AM
Jun 2007
Quite relaxing for first ep. William and Bee went to academy to search for "books"
Oct 8, 2023 4:18 AM
Mar 2019
The calm before the storm...
Oct 8, 2023 4:18 AM

Nov 2018
The pace of the story is a little slow, but it's still a good anime. I hope this season is as good as the first.
Oct 8, 2023 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
I've never read the LN or manga, but the first season, for all it's faults, managed to draw me into the world and made me thirsty for more. So glad we got a second season, and it looks to be in good hands.
Oct 8, 2023 8:18 PM
Feb 2015
I have a feeling the blond haired sorceress that Bee sang the Songs of Heroes is Mary and the one that had traveled with her before is also Mary. It's great that Bee is singing those Songs of Heroes because even though heroes becomes forgotten by other people from the passage of time; there's Bee the bard that sings and tells the stories of the heroes that had saved the world before.
Oct 9, 2023 11:31 AM
Mar 2015
Bee is trying to make people remember heroes who have been forgotten
Oct 10, 2023 5:29 AM
Apr 2023
Happy that this is back. It still has that peaceful, serene or what people might call "boring" feeling to it. I hope it gets to live up with how the 1st season was.

I am still bothered of how I always remember Meneldor to be a girl instead of a Legolas-type of character, especially as he voiced by another trap-voice, Murase Ayumu. And speaking of voices, I kinda like it more now that Will is now voiced as a proper man-voice (given that he is now older) and he is now voiced by Chiba Shouya. It really feels more appropriate for his character.

Anyway, I hope we'll get to see Will going full simp on Gracefeel.
Oct 10, 2023 6:28 AM
May 2017
decent episode, was just some talking though with some backstory on Bee

2.5/5
Oct 21, 2023 10:09 AM

Nov 2014
was as boring as the first season.
Oct 28, 2023 4:59 PM
Jul 2015
Will's voice finally hit puberty at the age of 17. Neat. His voice in season 1 didn't make much sense to me, considering his age
Nov 4, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2010
twas a snorefest but it made me want to marry bee.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 25, 2023 10:59 AM
Nov 2018
Good to return, a bit weird cause I can tell that time has passed based on the village's growth and change in the voice of our hero, but its kinda ambiguous as to when this season picks up after last season. Looking forward to what's to come
Dec 11, 2023 5:47 PM

May 2010
Weird choice to start it so slow like this. If it were representative of the show then it'd be fine, I'm down with a peaceful fantasy, but I remember a fair bit of action in the first season.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 18, 2023 2:11 AM
Dec 2022
The Faraway Paladin Season 2 begins! What is the new info that Bee and Will got from the Academy's library?
Jan 24, 2:10 AM
Jul 2022
Really slow pace . Some scenes kind of felt dragged out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.