Forum Settings
Forums

Blassreiter or Guilty Crown? Which one did you like more?

New
Aug 19, 2023 7:35 AM
Jul 2023
Both are sometimes compared even if they're different, they both have sci-fi, a virus, military and character-driven stories. As for me, Blassreiter is in my Top 10 but I was not a fan of Guilty Crown personally. I think Blassreiter's story, themes, characters and concept were better, more cool-looking and more impactful but I think Guilty Crown's world-building was better as well as the high-tech setting, I just was uninterested by anything else. Blassreiter is more a seinen so this is why I loved it, the mc in GC was annoying, the antagonist was fine.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 19, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2012
I liked Guilty Crown but dropped Blassreiter because of the Christianity themes in it.
Aug 19, 2023 8:22 AM
Jul 2023
Maou_heika said:
I liked Guilty Crown but dropped Blassreiter because of the  in it.
There's blasphemy too, why exactly do you dislike Christianity themes?
Aug 19, 2023 9:00 AM

Mar 2012
WitherThrakh said:
Maou_heika said:
I liked Guilty Crown but dropped Blassreiter because of the  in it.
There's blasphemy too, why exactly do you dislike Christianity themes?
Because my parents are devout Christians and relate everything to God, I can't stand it
Aug 19, 2023 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
I dropped both after 5 minutes of first episodes. So for me they are equal.
Aug 19, 2023 10:31 AM

Jan 2021
Guilty Crown is far better and it is not even a competition despite Guilty Crown also being a trainwreck, but it at least has some beautiful animation and directing, Blassreiter has Gonzo's fuck ugly everything.
Aug 19, 2023 10:33 AM

Aug 2016
I'm not seeing much of a connection between the two series, but Blassreiter all the way.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 19, 2023 12:11 PM

Sep 2007
Guilty Crown , I guess as I've never heard of Blassreiter till now.
Aug 19, 2023 12:54 PM

Jan 2021
I'm planning on watching both, I know Blassreiter was written by Gen Urobuchi so it might be good. I mean Madoka, Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero were pretty great. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Aug 19, 2023 3:55 PM
Jul 2023
AnimePedestrian said:
I'm planning on watching both, I know Blassreiter was written by Gen Urobuchi so it might be good. I mean Madoka, Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero were pretty great. 
AnimePedestrian said:
Did you watch Requiem for the Phantom? It is great too, it is in my top 10
Aug 19, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2023
Ionliosite2 said:
Guilty Crown is far better and it is not even a competition despite Guilty Crown also being a trainwreck, but it at least has some beautiful animation and directing, Blassreiter has Gonzo's fuck ugly everything.
hmm, Guilty Crown is for teens tho... Blassreiter is a great show
Aug 19, 2023 4:00 PM

Jan 2021
WitherThrakh said:
AnimePedestrian said:
Did you watch Requiem for the Phantom? It is great too, it is in my top 10

It actually gonna be one of the next shows I watch. I have it on dvd just waiting for the opportunity to sit down and watch it.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Aug 19, 2023 4:08 PM

May 2018
"Blassreiter or Guilty Crown? Which one did you like more?"

Hated both, dropped both. Guilty Crown was visually way better...if only its content wasn't such trash tho.
Aug 19, 2023 7:59 PM

Jun 2007
I've only seen Guilty Crown so far, but I've been working my way through the Gonzo anime I haven't seen in chronological order. Just need to finish up My Bride is a Mermaid and watch Dragonaut before getting to Blassreiter. I don't think I'll dislike Blassreiter, but I can see myself liking Guilty Crown more based on the cute girls / fanservice factor.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Aug 20, 2023 12:37 AM
Jul 2023
Zalis said:
I've only seen Guilty Crown so far, but I've been working my way through the Gonzo anime I haven't seen in chronological order. Just need to finish up My Bride is a Mermaid and watch Dragonaut before getting to Blassreiter. I don't think I'll dislike Blassreiter, but I can see myself liking Guilty Crown more based on the cute girls / fanservice factor.
Watch Glass Fleet and Speed Grapher if you are on Gonzo stuff then
Aug 20, 2023 6:53 PM
Jun 2023
“Blassreiter” is so obscure/ underrated and both of its openings rock, the first one was from Granrodeo and the 2nd one was from Minami Kuribayashi. Those 2 are some of the most unique and some of my favorite artists also “Blassreiter” is also darker, has more action, and is more seinen than “Guilty Crown.”
OP 1: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_uUtxIQnI
OP 2: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJi716r-9n4
We always have hardships.
Aug 20, 2023 8:42 PM

Aug 2020
Hmm, this thread hasn't gotten locked yet.
Aug 21, 2023 7:07 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Guilty crown... But the bald Admin never heard of either anime

Aug 25, 2023 6:53 PM
Aug 2021
Guilty Crown all the way. Forever remains sadness.
Aug 27, 2023 9:45 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - 35 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
50 seconds ago

» Are there any anime that you think should have ended sooner?

Anjuro - 2 hours ago

16 by Anjuro »»
6 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9126 by appledude1221 »»
11 minutes ago

» Tell me why older anime is better that newer anime. ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Mar 24, 2021

71 by Ain2Zwei »»
14 minutes ago

» Looking for an anime

Yuka_Blossom - 41 minutes ago

0 by Yuka_Blossom »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.