Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
A home to fairies? Well, that lake segment felt like something magical.

There's some story lore this episode but definitely felt like the episode did a decent job at capturing the chemistry between Cecila and Lawrence. Oh and I kinda like her new look this episode. 
Aug 9, 2023 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, saints also want a valentine chocolate.

Anyway, the old lady told them to come under a guise of an official business, but it felt like she just wanted some company, and our dearest saint enjoyed her company too. And was not expecting them to pull out a camera in this world, lol.

The only thing missing during their time around the lake was some fireworks.
Aug 9, 2023 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Why can't Cecilia talk about Lawrence's predisposition with him?
Abel and Hazelita are hilarious. Love them!
And the post-credits scene was funny too.
Aug 9, 2023 10:49 AM

Mar 2021
Such a sweet episode Seeing Cecilia doing her best to make valentine chocolate for Lawrence was so heartwarming and the Post credits scene was hilarious
Aug 9, 2023 11:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Saint Cecilia looked adorable as she got to see what the lake was like. Hazelita and Abel sure make a pretty curious pairing. It was nice to hear the saints honest opinion of Lawrence though. Doing your best is all fine and good but living it by bonding with others is equally important. The saint praying to the fairies to get them to quiet down was cool. Honestly im not that surprised that Lawrence would be popular given his personality but he was far more than i thought. It was cute seeing the kind of effort that the saint was putting in for valentines. Not to mention Hazelita acting like a big sis for the saint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2023 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
Weekly Cecilia appreciation post, she’s so beautiful

Lmao I love how she didn’t take the fairy lake situation too seriously until it threatened Lawrence. Made her go full exorcist real quick for her man 😂 her powers are actually really cool, I wish we’d get to see them being put to real use more often.

Even the older lady was instantly able to tell that Cecilia is in love with Lawrence. I wish buddy wasn’t so slow, but then again that’s half the fun of the series I suppose.

Even after all the signs pointing towards Cecilia wanting to give him a Valentine’s Day present his mind went to every other person besides himself as the possible recipient. Poor Cecilia. Her feelings may not have fully got to him yet, but I hope this episode will at least somewhat open his eyes.

Hazelita and Abel were great as always! A nice wholesome and fun way to end a stacked Wednesday of seasonals.
Aug 9, 2023 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
Pesky fairies met their match with Cecilia, especially after they tried to pull Lawrence into the lake itself. It's hard to ever imagine her being angry at something, but this was one of those times. Either way, she did sort out the problem, which also gave the kind old lady a chance to get a good night's sleep at long last.

I also found Hazelita getting lost so easily on that trip to be really cute, too! ^_^

Cecilia did herself proud with her homemade valentine's chocolate, although she had to spell it out to Lawrence that her treat was for him, which did lead to a cute reaction from him. He might be more dense than a truckload of solid bricks, but in a way, signs of progression of trying to get her feelings across to him is there to see.

Overall, this was another nice and wholesome episode. =)
Aug 9, 2023 2:15 PM

Jan 2021
They are going on a trip to meet Corrine and Cecilia is excited about seeing fish because she never leaves the town and she won't make Lawrence feel lonely.

Corrine tells about how Lawrence was when he was little and Cecilia got excited. Corrine actually asked for him to come because she hears noises at night and other things. Lawrence goes out to investigate and almost gets dragged into the lake but Cecilia came to the rescue. Cecilia talked with the fairies and Lawrence watched how she does it. Cecilia is a little tired the next morning because they love to talk a lot lol.

Its Valentine's Day but Cecilia doesn't know what that is, yikes. Cecilia decides that she wants to bake chocolate and asks Lawrence for help. Her first try didn't succeed and now Lawrence is out getting ingredients. Haiselita & Abel wanted to give them space. Lawrence returns home and Cecilia cut her finger probably so he helps her. Cecilia made that chocolate or something with chocolate for Lawrence and he seemed very happy about it, although he can be a little dense.
Aug 9, 2023 2:33 PM
Apr 2020
Even after all these hints he hasn't caught up 😭😂
Aug 9, 2023 2:33 PM
Mar 2020
what a fun episode. we get some good lawrence back story, some cecelia using her powers, and some maximum kawaii.
Aug 9, 2023 3:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We were very close to a beach/lake episode here but giving the theme of the show I get why it didn’t happen, but perhaps maybe later down the line it could lol. It was also pretty funny how Cecilia seemed to not care much about the problem until she found out the fairies tried dragging Lawrence into the water lol, the fairies never stood a chance after that.

We also got a Valentine’s Day bit which revealed that Cecilia never even knew about the holiday, and for Lawrence it had a different meaning lol. Making chocolates together was a great way for them to get closer, but sadly even after Cecilia gave him her chocolates her feelings didn’t get through to him, tho he did give a nice reaction which Cecilia was happy with. And lastly, while they were just being goofy I did really enjoy Abel and Hazelita this episode, Hazelita getting lost immediately was especially funny lol.
Aug 9, 2023 4:19 PM
Oct 2020
Wow I haven't seen an mc this dense in a while
Aug 9, 2023 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
Great and very lovely episode
Aug 9, 2023 6:03 PM

Sep 2018
At first I thought the dense MC trope was fine enough in something so laid back and unimportant, but then they release this episode lol, come on my guy.... Part of me thinks he's just feigning ignorance, which is still annoying lol...
Aug 9, 2023 8:07 PM
Jul 2020
They’re rushing the manga in an insane speed. I think they’re adapting around 4.5 chapters per episode.

And that considering the chapters of the manga average around 24-26 pages per chapter. They’re pretty big.

The anime is the superior version, mostly because of how great the voice acting is and because the lack of plot makes it so most of the content is affordable to be skipped, but for those who want to see a shitload of skipped content, I very much recommend the manga as well.

Manga actually gives somewhat of greater insight into the characters. Abel in specific is a weirdly well written character for a show like this lol.

Like, seriously, his lore is so realistically dark that it’s genuinely surprising. Bro is easily the best character there.

I believe one of the reasons they might have rushed it is the raging denseness of Lawrence. This show does (kinda) have progress, but Lawrence is, like, the single densest protagonist in any anime ever.

Funny shit is that he isn’t even poorly written. Bro never knew love in his life and hence didn’t even allow himself to consider he could ever be involved in romance. He just wasn’t interested for the most part.

That said, it IS kind of a slog. I don’t mind it myself since Lawrence is by no means a self-insert, so I find him enjoyable nonetheless.

But I guess some newcomers to the anime world might not be as used to this trope, so they won’t get that Lawrence is a borderline parody of it. It was 100% a conscious comedic decision from the author to exploit this trope.

And I also guess the direction might have decided it was better to rush it so much that the anime viewers would actually get to see the man starting to be just slightly more reactive.

It’s a fine choice, but I really believe I would have liked to see a more faithful adaptation myself lol.

Maybe with 24 episodes, but there’s no way a RomCom like this would get 24 episodes.

Sad part is that with this amount of rush, it’s all but consider we won’t be getting a second season anytime soon. There’s hardly enough material.

Pain.
Isekai-EnjoyerAug 9, 2023 8:15 PM
Aug 9, 2023 8:33 PM

Mar 2013
Thanks to Cecilia's effort everyday... even a dense love one would make them wonder what's up. I can't wait but also I'd like it to be a bit longer before Lawrence gets to realise his own feelings.

P.S. I see, so they skipped a lot of good and dark parts from the source, that's disappointing.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 9, 2023 9:01 PM
Dec 2022
I have to admit, even though I enjoy this show A LOT so far, as a Christian myself, I do wish that they followed the premise of the characters being Christians more accurately.

The only two instances I have grievances with are the fortune teller and the fairies. Real Christians wouldn’t engage in a fortune telling, as the Bible clearly states that any sort of spiritual or religious practice that doesn’t worship the Lord is witchcraft, so in my opinion there’s no way that a saint and a pastor would want to participate in it. As for the fairies, my only grievance is that to my knowledge, the Bible mentions angels and demons as the only spiritual beings that can influence this world. So by that logic, fairies don’t exist.

I understand that the show never even uses the word Christian or Christianity, and only mentions that the characters work for the church, so I guess it’s not like they’re announcing that it’s meant to be interpreted as Christianity, but I just wanted to offer my opinion on the show’s accuracy to the faith the characters are implied to be following.

Other than that, this is the most adorable show I’ve ever seen.
Aug 9, 2023 11:11 PM

Apr 2022
they take a trip and nice to see a bit of this show set at night. second half being a valentines episodes, cecelia went all in for lawrence, wholesome stuff. the visuals looked great as usual, especially that sunset when lawrence was heading back with the ingredients.
ryzxgumAug 9, 2023 11:19 PM
Aug 10, 2023 1:38 AM

May 2019
At first I thought Lawrence was being that dense, although he did have a point with teaching someone to make something that will be a gift is not normally done by the person that is getting the gift. However, I think Lawrence is, at least partially, feigning ignorance. But what could be the reason he is ignoring Cecilia's feelings towards him? Perhaps it is because he's not sure if he should get romantically involved with a girl that is a saint?

Anyways, this was another great and wholesome episode, and they helped an old lady sleep better at night by silencing some mischievous fairies. The post ED scene was cute with Cecilia wanting Lawrence to touch her hands for any reason.
Aug 12, 2023 8:18 AM

Oct 2017
That valentines part was so cute, Cecilia adorable. Lawrence still dense af though.
Aug 12, 2023 3:41 PM

May 2015
So f**king cute!!!!

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2023 12:25 AM
Jul 2020
Peak as usual.

And seriously, her seyuu is just way too good. Hope she gets a mega-hit role one of these days.
Aug 15, 2023 4:46 AM

Mar 2008
For anyone wondering why the mention of an iron cross. This is because iron is said to repel faeries. So Cecilia was basically weaponized. Lol

That was actually painful watching Lawrence be this dense at that moment upon receiving the chocolate from Cecilia.

Tangerine7225 said:
I have to admit, even though I enjoy this show A LOT so far, as a Christian myself, I do wish that they followed the premise of the characters being Christians more accurately.

The only two instances I have grievances with are the fortune teller and the fairies. Real Christians wouldn’t engage in a fortune telling, as the Bible clearly states that any sort of spiritual or religious practice that doesn’t worship the Lord is witchcraft, so in my opinion there’s no way that a saint and a pastor would want to participate in it. As for the fairies, my only grievance is that to my knowledge, the Bible mentions angels and demons as the only spiritual beings that can influence this world. So by that logic, fairies don’t exist.

I understand that the show never even uses the word Christian or Christianity, and only mentions that the characters work for the church, so I guess it’s not like they’re announcing that it’s meant to be interpreted as Christianity, but I just wanted to offer my opinion on the show’s accuracy to the faith the characters are implied to be following.

No, it's actually accurate. They are seemingly modeled after Celltic Christians possibly Irish Catholics to be specific in a time period vaguely in the past.

Four leaf clovers were believed by Celts to have magical abilities of protection and Christians adopted three leaf clovers to represent the trinity which reportedly was done by Saint Patrick as a tool to explain it, while the four leaf clover was adopted as a charm to Christians to mean Faith, Hope, Love, and God's Grace aka Luck.

Faeries were integrated into Christian beliefs in Ireland and Scotland. In Scotland the faeries were demonized but Ireland not so much they still believed of them having some good natured faeries.
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1341&context=theses

The so called "four wise men" of the bible is actually a weird translation in English, what's more accurate you see many translations use "four magi" in other words they were astrologers (thus why they followed the stars) and astrology is used to divine the future.

I could go on and on there is many such instances and examples.
Aug 15, 2023 11:03 AM
Dec 2022
traed said:
For anyone wondering why the mention of an iron cross. This is because iron is said to repel faeries. So Cecilia was basically weaponized. Lol

That was actually painful watching Lawrence be this dense at that moment upon receiving the chocolate from Cecilia.

Tangerine7225 said:

No, it's actually accurate. They are seemingly modeled after Celltic Christians possibly Irish Catholics to be specific in a time period vaguely in the past.

Four leaf clovers were believed by Celts to have magical abilities of protection and Christians adopted three leaf clovers to represent the trinity which reportedly was done by Saint Patrick as a tool to explain it, while the four leaf clover was adopted as a charm to Christians to mean Faith, Hope, Love, and God's Grace aka Luck.

Faeries were integrated into Christian beliefs in Ireland and Scotland. In Scotland the faeries were demonized but Ireland not so much they still believed of them having some good natured faeries.
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1341&context=theses

The so called "four wise men" of the bible is actually a weird translation in English, what's more accurate you see many translations use "four magi" in other words they were astrologers (thus why they followed the stars) and astrology is used to divine the future.

I could go on and on there is many such instances and examples.

How the heck do you know all of this 😂 no disrespect, but I just found it amusing that you had all of this information on hand. Are you a Celtic Christian yourself?
Aug 15, 2023 2:02 PM

Mar 2008
Tangerine7225 said:
How the heck do you know all of this 😂 no disrespect, but I just found it amusing that you had all of this information on hand. Are you a Celtic Christian yourself?

No, I'd be categorized as non religious spiritual. I study all sorts of religions, folklore and the like.
Aug 16, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
An official trip for the pastors (and both Cecilla and Hazelita tagging along) to Corrine's place, the old lady's a joy to behold, though her legs have given way. Next to her place, the large lake being "The Land of Fairies", Cecilla may feel like she's adoring Lawrence much, but the possibility of voices coming from the lake is unusual, and even more bizarre, taking pictures of it somehow tags a blank. Lawrence may not be like his well-rounded pastor grandfather Oswell, but there're things that he is able at, like protecting the local church...and maybe Cecilla as well. Therefore, requesting Cecilla's help on the lake's happenings, the fairies are up to no good trying to reel Lawrence into the water, and Cecilia does her purifying for the fairies to leave them alone. The fairies surely has a topic about Lawrence that Cecilia will only reveal at a later time, though his denseness is his usual.

Ouch, Cecilia doesn't know about Valentine's? And most coincidentally, Abels wants to ship both Lawrence and Cecilia, though he's too dense to realize that it's the day, and even worse, he misunderstood the intent of Valentine's. Sure, Lawrence may have agreed to teach Cecilia how to make chocolate, but the intent is obviously there, though the denseness of the pastor is making things difficult for the Lady Saint. Both Abel and Hazelita may be worrying about Lawrence, though Mell also understands the day, and Cecilia got herself cut while he's out. And after some tries, Cecilia succeeded, though she gave it to Lawrence, which he immediately thought that Cecilia was giving it to someone else. Sure, Cecilia is happy that Lawrence is receiving the chocolate with happiness, though he will NEVER understand the feelings that Cecilia is trying to send him.

Oh well...the denseness is really setting the pastor back...
Aug 18, 2023 7:57 AM

Aug 2019
Cecilia and Hazelita getting so excited over the fish and taking pictures was so adorable! So many cute moments in this episode!
Aug 19, 2023 9:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man seeing Cecilia excited over just the lake, in an angy mode because of mischievous fairies almost kidnap lawren, and then gotta see how working hard she's to be just to satisfy Lawren with that chocolate cake. What a bless of episode i get here. Even though i still didn't like how frickin dense Lawren can be even after feeling uneasy, its not hitting right way. So yeah Hazelita, punch him hard might be enabling his sense toward surrounding, especially when we talk about Cecilia feeling. Smh....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 23, 2023 4:24 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode!
Aug 24, 2023 2:33 PM
Jun 2023
Haiselita being the show mood destroyer, thanks Hazano.
Thank you. very. MUCH.
i thought she and Abel gonna leave in this episode, but no. they're not of course.
MeepoiAug 24, 2023 2:55 PM
Mar 13, 8:15 AM
Jun 2022
Both Are Kinda Cute & The Other 2 Are Match Makers . Still , Something Feels Missing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

the_great_prince - Jul 4, 2023

91 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 12, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

57 by Dirakayal »»
May 12, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2023

30 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2023

42 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Shiro Seijo to Kuro Bokushi Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2023

38 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 13, 7:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.