Forum Settings
Forums

When are we gonna stop pretending this series is actually good and isn't just waifu wars in glitter

New
Jul 3, 2023 12:49 PM
Feb 2017
Every week Akane bros this, Kana bros that, Ruby bros something something.

This series stinks! It's not being propelled by the intrigue of finding who murdered AI, nor the entertainment industry drama, just who's gonna fuck Aqua

Aka Asaka is a hack. He makes you think he's intelligent but then writes shit like the Shinomiya Family arc. Hacka Asaka is a man only rivalled by Hacksayama
It's Aiko!!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 3, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2021
LeftoverToast said:
Aka Asaka is a hack. He makes you think he's intelligent

When telling a story is now considered an "intelluctual act".
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Jul 3, 2023 12:57 PM
Jun 2021
go k*s
u simply arent able to understand the show and u arent able to pay attention to the plot
Jul 3, 2023 12:59 PM
May 2023
Idk what story you’re reading cuz aqua has clearing set things in motion to expose Ai’s killer
Jul 3, 2023 12:59 PM
Oct 2020
stop whining. Just stop reading if it feels like a drag, no one is forcing you to read. Or you can't stop reading because you are hooked to it. If you think it's not worth it, then drop and forget the series.
Jul 3, 2023 1:01 PM
Nov 2022
I haven't watch this yet but all of the spoilers actually made me think that the plot would stink
Jul 3, 2023 1:02 PM
Mar 2021
I don't really get posts like this, as it does nothing other than try to appear unique by hating something people like. You say the series is trash despite the following it has. Obviously you have difference preferences than the fans of the show, but what do you gain from making a post asking people to "when are we gonna admit this is trash."
Jul 3, 2023 1:10 PM
Jul 2022

Aka Asaka is a hack. He makes you think he's intelligent but then writes shit like the Shinomiya Family arc. Hacka Asaka is a man only rivalled by Hacksayama

learn how to spell Akasaka-sensei before you complain ๐Ÿ™„
Jul 3, 2023 1:11 PM
Mar 2021
Yeah, you and I wouldn’t get along.
Jul 3, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
lmaooo, go watch boruto pleaseee brooo
Jul 3, 2023 1:30 PM
Feb 2021
Did we read the same manga?
Jul 3, 2023 1:34 PM

Nov 2021
The whole story is about Kana of course there's gonna be waifu wars bruv!
Jul 3, 2023 1:35 PM

Jan 2020
Every slice of life about teens is waifu war tbh
Jul 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Aug 2022
aomisohigh said:
I haven't watch this yet but all of the spoilers actually made me think that the plot would stink

u have no right to say the show would stink if youve never watched it. some shows sound ass when u explain the plot to someone but r actually good. eg. the fragrant flower blooms with dignity, oyasumi punpun, violet evergarden.
Jul 3, 2023 1:38 PM

Oct 2021
Your post represents the vocal minority who rated the Oshi no Ko series with a 1 (out of 10) in the MAL rating. The commercial success of the series boosted its popularity among fans. It is a masterpiece in my taste for touching on sensitive topics like teenage pregnancy, pedophilia, stalking, cyber bullying, harassment, trauma, abandonment, and incest. I am holding onto this series no matter what the creators decide.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 3, 2023 1:40 PM
Nov 2022
Birb_addict said:
aomisohigh said:

u have no right to say the show would stink if youve never watched it. some shows sound ass when u explain the plot to someone but r actually good. eg. the fragrant flower blooms with dignity, oyasumi punpun, violet evergarden.

Bro relax, I said it 'Made me think' I did not said that it really stink. Besides, I'll surely watch this series sooner or later I just really like to trigger some humans all the time
Jul 3, 2023 1:48 PM
Oct 2021
Mato95 said:
go k*s
u simply arent able to understand the show and u arent able to pay attention to the plot

Always so disappointing to see someone with an Oshi No Ko pfp and telling someone to kill themselves. Way to many fake fans that can watch and love a series and ignore the lessons that are taught.
Jul 3, 2023 1:49 PM
Oct 2020
It wants to be a serious exposure of what goes on for real in showbiz in japan but the anime really fell off after Akane didn’t kill herself (which really just undermines the whole point of the show. She really shouldn’t have been saved by aqua. Seeing that the manga continues to just be lame slice of life stuff with no stakes and harem crap, I don’t think I’ll bother with it and just wait until season 2 comes out.

I really think this would be a better series without aqua in it or the teen drama or comedy. I really don’t care about aqua’s patricide bullshit. Focus on the showbiz, please.
Jul 3, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2021
We’ll stop pretending when the series becomes what you’ve described. The appeal of Oshi no Ko - at least for me - was how it explored the entertainment industry, deconstructed it, and told the stories of those apart of it. Through Kana, Akane, Ruby, Mem Cho, Aqua and of course Ai. We see it’s different facets and how it affects those involved. That takes priority. Over the ship bait, over the murder mystery, that’s the heart.
It’s just that those other things are a lot more fun to talk about in a casual setting, so why do you have to criticize people for just having a good time with what they consume; instead of just letting them do as they wish?
It sullies people’s enjoyment of a series, it makes them feel wrong for being happy, all just to make people like you feel smarter. If you don’t like a series don’t read it, if you’re not having a good time with it then drop it, but don’t take everyone else down with you.

Freaking drama queen.
Jonquil_proJul 3, 2023 2:02 PM
Jul 3, 2023 2:03 PM

Jan 2021
I think people won't stop being in denial, but it's fine, they can believe whatever they want to believe.

>Aka Asaka is a hack. He makes you think he's intelligent but then writes shit like the Shinomiya Family arc. Hacka Asaka is a man only rivalled by Hacksayama

Extremely based btw.
Jul 3, 2023 2:23 PM
Feb 2017
marquinti2 said:
Your post represents the vocal minority who rated the Oshi no Ko series with a 1 (out of 10) in the MAL rating. The commercial success of the series boosted its popularity among fans. It is a masterpiece in my taste for touching on sensitive topics like teenage pregnancy, pedophilia, stalking, cyber bullying, harassment, trauma, abandonment, and incest. I am holding onto this series no matter what the creators decide.

MTV show themes..
It's Aiko!!!!
Jul 3, 2023 2:59 PM
Nov 2021
LeftoverToast said:
marquinti2 said:

MTV show themes..

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ hilarious
Jul 3, 2023 3:01 PM
Nov 2021
LeftoverToast said:
Every week Akane bros this, Kana bros that, Ruby bros something something.

This series stinks! It's not being propelled by the intrigue of finding who murdered AI, nor the entertainment industry drama, just who's gonna fuck Aqua

well S1 was definitely trash , I really expected lit bit more but it was disappointing since I'm manga reader
Jul 3, 2023 3:02 PM
Nov 2021
aomisohigh said:

just go and watch how stinky and overrated it is
Jul 3, 2023 3:04 PM
Nov 2021
Mato95 said:
go k*s

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ ai tard is here
well you definitely have some W taste but still
you are such retard to love this overrated anime
Jul 3, 2023 3:07 PM
Nov 2021
Thatboidriz said:
Idk what story you’re reading cuz aqua has clearing set things in motion to expose Ai’s killer

well, he is just trying to be ayonkouji using lot of waifu
then lot of idol drama , nothing special in s1
Jul 3, 2023 3:09 PM
Nov 2021
Player551 said:

bro have Goku pfp but have all L taste
what i can expect

wait , bro is imposter , it not even Goku
it's captain ginyu
Cotton__candy20kJul 3, 2023 4:33 PM
Jul 3, 2023 3:20 PM
Aug 2017
Biggest bait post I’ve ever seen lmao. If you don’t like it simply stop reading/watching it. Or can you simply not stand to see other people happy and enjoying things?
Jul 3, 2023 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
LeftoverToast said:
READING COMPERHENSION DEVIL IS REAL!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 3, 2023 4:00 PM
Jan 2021
Cotton__candy20k said:
Player551 said:

what i can expect

omg bro blue lock anime cgi goated mann omaga bru kekw .
Jul 3, 2023 4:02 PM
Jan 2021
what u expect , ur opinion just got denied cause oshi no c00ck stan are always mad , long arc it is and suddenly bout inc...hopefully not but if it yea go back to apex tournament author .
Jul 3, 2023 4:08 PM
Nov 2021
KYi7O said:
Cotton__candy20k said:

what i can expect

wwwww thx , it rlly goated better than " my fucking star "
ko-ko-ko-ko-beni chan
Jul 3, 2023 4:14 PM
Jan 2021
Cotton__candy20k said:
KYi7O said:

ko-ko-ko-ko-beni chan

pffftt what blud talking bout , give me blue lock edit ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿƒ‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Jul 3, 2023 4:17 PM
Nov 2021
KYi7O said:
Cotton__candy20k said:

ko-ko-ko-ko-beni chan

pffftt what blud talking bout , give me blue lock edit ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿƒ‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿƒ‍โ™‚๏ธ

๐Ÿค” just appreciating your compliment
I have few edits , how can I send ?
Jul 3, 2023 4:18 PM
Nov 2021
KYi7O said:
Cotton__candy20k said:

ko-ko-ko-ko-beni chan

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ wat with emoji
Jul 3, 2023 4:20 PM
Jan 2021
Cotton__candy20k said:
KYi7O said:

๐Ÿค” just appreciating your compliment
I have few edits , how can I send ?

post on ur twittahh
Jul 3, 2023 4:39 PM

Oct 2021
Jonquil_pro said:
We’ll stop pretending when the series becomes what you’ve described. The appeal of Oshi no Ko - at least for me - was how it explored the entertainment industry, deconstructed it, and told the stories of those apart of it. Through Kana, Akane, Ruby, Mem Cho, Aqua and of course Ai. We see it’s different facets and how it affects those involved. That takes priority. Over the ship bait, over the murder mystery, that’s the heart.
It’s just that those other things are a lot more fun to talk about in a casual setting, so why do you have to criticize people for just having a good time with what they consume; instead of just letting them do as they wish?
It sullies people’s enjoyment of a series, it makes them feel wrong for being happy, all just to make people like you feel smarter. If you don’t like a series don’t read it, if you’re not having a good time with it then drop it, but don’t take everyone else down with you.

Freaking drama queen.

What a wonderful way to put it. Your statements here are powerful enough to put someone in the right place. Many people hate the show, or giving it 1 stars (appalling rating because they cannot stand the popularity heights and the commercial successes that it is reaching ๐Ÿ™
marquinti2Jul 3, 2023 4:49 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 3, 2023 5:19 PM
Nov 2022
aomisohigh said:
Birb_addict said:

Bro relax, I said it 'Made me think' I did not said that it really stink. Besides, I'll surely watch this series sooner or later I just really like to trigger some humans all the time

Damn Lol๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jul 3, 2023 5:21 PM

Apr 2020
There is the Showbiz angle, but it's true. It's not popular cause the plot is so brilliant. It's popular for spicy topics like: "Is it incest? I think it's fine"
Jul 3, 2023 5:46 PM
Jul 2023
Bruh the story hardly revolves around Aqua's love, that's just what is brought up most to attention by fans and memes because people are horny fucks. Its not to say that love interests aren't integral to this story but it definitely feels a lot more like part of the grand narrative than being the grand narrative itself. To top it off everything feels integrated naturally its not even forced romance
Jul 3, 2023 6:09 PM

Nov 2015
does anyone here eat leftover toast? how the hell do you even get leftover toast?
and i guess

that i just don't know
Jul 3, 2023 7:47 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for breaking the Manga Discussion Guidelines:
2.ใ€€Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    d.ใ€€personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts
      e.g.ใ€€Rate my list/favorites, Post your ___ and I'll rate it, review and/or rant texts about a manga, etc.
      These topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea (or vice versa).
If you wish to share your thoughts regarding a specific manga, please either use the review or blog features.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 151 Discussion

ARK-13 - Jun 3

32 by jas-samaaa »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 20 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Sep 30, 2020

21 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 11:19 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - May 20

67 by WeLoveIs »»
Yesterday, 2:15 AM

» Theories about the Christmas Concert

lyrien_ - Jun 5

6 by TheColdMayor »»
Jun 5, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 10 Discussion

Primo_Itoko - Jul 1, 2020

32 by phantom346 »»
Jun 2, 12:41 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.