Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 18, 2023 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
https://twitter.com/mashle_official/status/1658427080072388611

https://mashle.pw/episode/ -> Special Episode, recap of Episode 1 to 6.

Looks like this was planned alongside with Episode 6's official title teaser for the next episode.
Episode 7 will air next Friday instead.

Anyways, Aniplex USA has the episode up on YouTube if anybody's interested...
KANLen09May 19, 2023 9:50 AM
May 18, 2023 11:13 AM
Jan 2022
thx for informing fellow MAL user
May 18, 2023 11:15 AM
Feb 2022
i just love the show so far
May 18, 2023 11:55 AM
Jan 2022
Everyone, please don't watch the recap before the actual anime because this anime is just amazing
May 18, 2023 12:01 PM
Jan 2022
Reversign said:
Everyone, please don't watch the recap before the actual anime because this anime is just amazing

why would someone watch a recap before watching the episodes?
May 18, 2023 12:19 PM
May 2021
So there will be no episode 7 tomorrow?
May 18, 2023 12:28 PM
Apr 2023
Why did they have to make a recap episode in between episodes. It would be good if they make recap after completion of season 1 or before airing season 2 for people who forget some details before watching season 2.
( I know that maybe it could be because of some production issue but still...)
May 18, 2023 12:33 PM

Aug 2020
Fuck I was looking forward to the new ep
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
May 18, 2023 5:37 PM
Aug 2017
Ughhhh whyyyy a recap 😭
May 18, 2023 6:54 PM
Dec 2021
Damn why do you have to recap
May 18, 2023 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
thank you for the update
May 18, 2023 8:37 PM
Mar 2021
i hate recaps episode 🤬🤬🤬
May 19, 2023 4:03 AM
Jul 2021
skip recap.. watch new episode
May 19, 2023 4:09 AM
Feb 2022
So that's why the live chart was showing 7 days and 10 hours for episode 7 🤔
May 19, 2023 7:56 AM

Oct 2019
Damn, that why live chart give too long for the time
May 19, 2023 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Not to worry, chruncy isint even able to play it anyway so I guess Ill pass. See you all eps 7
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 19, 2023 10:02 AM

Feb 2021
Why? They think that we are fools? Ridiculous.
May 19, 2023 10:02 AM
May 2021
Wasnt expecting a recap but it was still funny seeing Mash being a boss as perrr
May 19, 2023 10:10 AM

Apr 2021
why even do a recap for an 12 episode show? I don't get it. Has something like this happened before? 
May 19, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2018
Recaps must die. With everyone creating them.
May 19, 2023 10:33 AM
Oct 2022
oh ffs this has been my favourite of the season and now i gotta wait a week more for the next one
May 19, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2021
unfortunate event.
May 19, 2023 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
FFS

Who T F** needs a recap after merely 6 episodes?? Do Japanese have attention spy of house fly that they need to be constantly reminded "what was before"?
May 19, 2023 11:25 AM
Nov 2021
So no new episode today...gonna skip this recap
May 19, 2023 11:37 AM
Nov 2007
I hate recap episodes, but I think they are done to give studios a breather. I might be wrong and really don't have confirmation, but it seems logical. Like taking a week off to prepare for 2nd part of the season. Good show so far.
May 19, 2023 12:08 PM

Jan 2019
Ugh I hate these mid-season recaps, especially for shows that have little to no plot to recap like Mashle. If the studio needs time I'd rather they did a cast interview or commentary episode instead.

May 19, 2023 4:46 PM

Sep 2018
utopica said:
why even do a recap for an 12 episode show? I don't get it. Has something like this happened before? 
Every now and then. Promised Neverland S2 had a midway recap episode.
May 19, 2023 4:49 PM

Aug 2015
yeah.. i noticed no mashle ep today, and went here right after lmao.
May 19, 2023 5:01 PM

Apr 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
Ugh I hate these mid-season recaps, especially for shows that have little to no plot to recap like Mashle. If the studio needs time I'd rather they did a cast interview or commentary episode instead.

Wow, that’s a great idea. I think doing a recap episode, especially for only 6 episodes, is pretty pointless. Although people wouldn’t averagely watch cast and staff interviews of a show, that would be a better bonus than recaps.
May 19, 2023 5:10 PM

Apr 2022
at least the recap episode isn't part of the 12 episodes ig.
May 19, 2023 8:14 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
It would make more sense to do a recap of 12 eps before S2

UNLESS...

A-1 Picture is not planning on a S2 of this anime.
May 19, 2023 9:53 PM
Jan 2018
So production issues then
May 19, 2023 10:08 PM

Dec 2018
this year has been an absolute trainwreck for delays. golden kamuy was gone for 6 months, Nier is still not back, what the heck are they even doing? i get that they are super stressed over timelines but other studios have managed and honestly at least make half a season before airing to give yourself more time.
May 20, 2023 1:58 AM

Mar 2013
Again with this recaps... destroying the hype of the series... 👀
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 20, 2023 2:18 AM

Dec 2022
Sucks but hey hopefully it just means the next episode will be even bigger and better!

May 20, 2023 4:41 AM

Sep 2022
ahhh pain the recap, now we have to wait for another week.
May 20, 2023 7:06 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Darg said:
FFS

Who T F** needs a recap after merely 6 episodes??

The studio, duh.

Do Japanese have attention spy of house fly that they need to be constantly reminded "what was before"?

No, but it seems like you need to be reminded that the animators are actually humans, underpaid, overworked, and probably don't want to hear about your entitled and insensitive tantrum.

May 20, 2023 12:47 PM
Aug 2022
why recap 😭😭😭
May 20, 2023 6:56 PM
Nov 2017
Why the recap? Absolute trash decision
May 20, 2023 7:33 PM
Jun 2022
utopica said:

yupp. Gansta did the same shit.
May 20, 2023 7:59 PM
Apr 2018
Ri-KoRin said:
No, but it seems like you need to be reminded that the animators are actually humans, underpaid, overworked, and probably don't want to hear about your entitled and insensitive tantrum.
B-b-b-but the animators!

That's not an excuse at all, blame executives who are incompetent running a studio and setting production times properly.

What matters at the end of the day is that they offer a quality product.
Justifying the mediocrity of a production just because they are so greedy that they don't well treat their low-level employees isn't the viewer's business. If they go bankrupt it will be because of themselves and their bosses, not because of the insensitivity of the ordinary television viewer.
May 20, 2023 8:28 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Kratonos said:
Ri-KoRin said:
B-b-b-but the animators!

That's not an excuse at all, blame executives who are incompetent running a studio and setting production times properly.

What matters at the end of the day is that they offer a quality product.
Justifying the mediocrity of a production just because they are so greedy that they don't well treat their low-level employees isn't the viewer's business. If they go bankrupt it will be because of themselves and their bosses, not because of the insensitivity of the ordinary television viewer.

I mean, please read the whole thread before quoting me out of context. I wasn't stopping anyone from expressing their disappointment.

1. @Kratonos was literally throwing random insults at the Japanese just because of a recap ep. Which is completely unwarranted and borderline racist.

2. We don't know what is actually happening behind the scene. Most anime's production schedule doesn't have much wiggle room, so a myriad of things could delay the productions, and it is not always the exces' fault.

mediocrity of a production just because they are so greedy that they don't well treat their low-level employees

To this point, in most cases, the studio isn't even the most profited party. They are just a company contracted to produce what was planned out by the production committee, and have no ownership of the IP.

May 20, 2023 8:33 PM
Oct 2022
special recap episode should not exixit.
May 20, 2023 8:48 PM
Apr 2018
Ri-KoRin said:
1. @Kratonos was literally throwing random insults at the Japanese just because of a recap ep. Which is borderline racist.
What?, are you not referring to another user instead of me?, because I haven't insulted anyone or mentioned the Japanese particularly, I am only pointing out the incompetence of senior executives when it comes to producing series and the need to do absolutely unnecessary recaps.

Edited: Reading better what you have written, I think I understand that you mean that the other user was freely insulting the Japanese, if so, I apologize.
We don't know what is actually happening behind the scene. Most anime's production schedule doesn't have much wiggle room, so a myriad of things could delay the productions, and it is not always the exces' fault.
It's precisely what I say, that we don't know what is happening isn't our concern, it's that the product is well made to enjoy it. And to tell the truth, if it's not the executives' fault, it's even less so the animators.
For even more reason, using the animators as a kind of palliative to justify things like a 6-episode recap is pointless.
Even if you say that it isn't always the fault of the people in charge of power (which is doubtful, because they are always the ones with the greatest responsibility), in the end the fault always lies with those above and not those below, much less the viewers. That's why I think that anyone should never blame the animators or use them as a trump card to divert criticism towards a product, because in the end, although all of us feel empathy for the exploited and underpayed animators, that doesn't change anything or take the blame away from those who don't give them due time to animate.
AlbertP27May 20, 2023 8:55 PM
May 21, 2023 5:21 AM
May 2023
Ripperdoc said:
Reversign said:

why would someone watch a recap before watching the episodes?

because it's up on YouTube? they made it free (legally free)
May 21, 2023 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Lucas1410 said:
Why did they have to make a recap episode in between episodes. It would be good if they make recap after completion of season 1 or before airing season 2 for people who forget some details before watching season 2.

Very true hahaha
I have no clue why they do this either
May 21, 2023 11:52 AM
Apr 2023
Shidoteki said:
Lucas1410 said:

Very true hahaha
I have no clue why they do this either

I know right but it seems that they want to give extra care to next episode.... still can't help but to be suspense because of cliffhanger
May 22, 2023 8:56 AM

Mar 2021
Whyyy, Its useless, on my part I dont need recap episodes ;o;
Maybe an excuse to work an other week on next episode, alright ~
May 30, 2023 9:24 PM

Dec 2015
the problem isn't JUST with the production company's schedule... it is the employee promotion, pay schedules, employees per team per job title, workflow and workload systems presently used in 100% of inside the studio structuring. as well as the crass commercialization of anime and the HUGE profits to be made by everybody involved. and WHOMEVER said the studios don't get a cut? or don't get a big enough cut? you're nuts. 

oookay. lemme school you kiddies who don't know how an anime studio's team is structured. 
we'll start on the bottom. animators. these are the grunts. the new hires. the guys n gals with less than 5 years experience. these folks DO the bare bones work, the huge projects, the sweeping long camera angle shots. the nitty gritty of a show. THE ROUGH STUFF. if a character walks, animators are doing it. around 40-60% of the work is SUPPOSED to be done by these folks. this structure is supposed to be a PYRAMID with the biggest number of folks at the bottom as animators doing the BULK of the work. but it isn't! present workflow has gone UP the ladder to the NEXT rung. making a HUGE bulge in the center of the pyramid for WORK FLOW!

inbetweeners. these guys are SUPPOSED to put the animators work together with the NEXT RUNG UP guys the KEY ANIMATORS... i'll get to them next. problem is, animators are getting scarcer and scarcer because the grunts want promotions! after five years as animators they want to be inbetweeners but MORE OF THE ANIMATORS WANT TO BE KEY ANIMATORS! than inbetweeners. not MANY directors spent tons of time as inbetweeners, they went to key animator jobs as fast as they could. inbetweeners are also the 'fixit now' guys. the animators screwed it up, or late, or behind... it is given to the inbetweeners. if the key animators are overworked, the jobs get sent to the inbetweeners. these guys are the 'middle management workers'. now, if not enough of these guys stick around because THEY WANT PROMOTIONS TOO! the remaining inbetweeners have BIGGER workloads than before because their colleagues went to other studios for higher paying or better jobs. 

key animators. the 'supposed true artists' of an anime team. these folks do the fine work. the detail work. the few folks in a studio's team that STILL DRAW BY HAND AND MAKE CELLS! faces. expressions. mouths. eyes. hands. interactions with props. delicate hair. delicate cloth. this is some of the MOST DETAIL ORIENTED AND TIME CONSUMING parts of the production schedule. 

usually separated into their own sections are the backgrounders and colorists and finishers. backgrounders make the settings. the buildings. the skies. the ground. the trees. the foliage. annnd THE MOB CHARACTERS! WELL... some mob work is done by the grunt animators. but backgrounding has taken on SOME of the load for mobs/crowds since they're presently considered background animations. the colorists make it pretty. and the finishers polish EVERYBODY's work and try to fix any issues the inbetweeners missed shoving the grunt animators' work together into the key animators' work. 

then you move into 'management and leadership'. team leads. section leads. etc. then there's the separate sections for actor recording, music, sound, foley, SFX, editing EVERYTHING together, photography/mastering everything into the digital files for final presentation to the public, annd the directors and sub-directors annnd above everybody else the studio leadership and corporate drones. 

now. if you want to consider OUTSOURCING? UGHHHHSSS... pretty much everybody's job on a team can be 'shipped out' so to speak. well. except for the big leaders and directors and corporate types. then there's work from home/remote work... annd all the issues inherent in that system. 

so that's pretty much everybody. as i said, inbetweeners are getting overtasked these days. they're understaffed. the animators are chomping at the bit to hop over the next rung to keys. but that section of the pyramid is jealously guarded and protected. and if one issue arises and not enough folks exist or have the time to fix it? the shit-storm might get bigger and cause a huge delay. 9? month delay in Shield Hero S2. Spider-sekai CGA outsourcer screwing the pooch. god forbid another KyoAni fire type disaster. 

if Mashle's 6.5 was planned out from day 1? sigh. irritating but it must have been necessary. if it was a last minute, 'oh shit! throw a recap together and ship it to the networks! now!' somebody's ass is going to be handed to them by their bosses. 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

111 by Honosaru »»
Jun 3, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

234 by 2FIRES »»
Jun 1, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

116 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

143 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

226 by __fishcake__ »»
May 26, 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.