Forum Settings
Forums

What anime is liked but still doesn't get enough praise?

New
Apr 17, 2023 5:03 PM
Oct 2020
Imo death note, i just finished rewatching it and it was a 10/10 all the way down, i don't remenber it being this good since the first time i watched it 3 years ago, i feel like death note is one of those animes that you need to rewatch so you can catch all the details and symbolism, i was suprised when i joined MAL and saw animes like demon slayer, chainsaw man and Aot with higher ratings than death note since i though there were just etilists that enjoy good writing in this site but it seems more like just people who rate animes by enjoyment, it's not like i have a problem with that,but that just means we cant trust MAL ratings, Sometimes i wonder if we will ever get another anime like death note 
And you what anime you think?
rita20072006Apr 17, 2023 5:43 PM
Apr 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Oct 2018
I've lived long enough to hear someone say that Death Note doesn't receive enough praise. Now I can die in peace.
Oh, just for the record, both the manga and anime of Chainsaw Man are better than Death Note, even though the Chainsaw Man anime isn't very good.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 17, 2023 5:16 PM

Aug 2020
I choose Hyouka. There are lots of nice dialogues and a top tier production with high quality story. But some people just watch it expecting some shipping smh

Apr 17, 2023 5:26 PM

Jan 2017
what? Deathnote is literally the most universally loved show maybe second to FMAB...

IMO Eizouken ni wa Te wo dasu na! is my pick. People enjoyed it when it aired but not as praised as Masaaki Yuasa's other works 

♦  Profile

♦  List

Apr 17, 2023 5:27 PM

May 2021
I always thought death note got a lot of praise isn’t it considered one of the best anime of all time?

I would say shinsekai yori and the tatami galaxy are highly rated and seem to be well received yet aren’t toted as some of the greats but I’d definitely put them up there
Apr 17, 2023 5:56 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I'm surprised I'm seeing someone said that Death Note doesn't get enough praise considering I've been hearing nothing but praise whenever I hear or see someone talking about it.

For my answer, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, it's a unique isekai done right and it was well liked by those who watched it but unfortunately it's not popular.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 17, 2023 9:15 PM

Jul 2017
Tsuki ga kirei for me. Still the most relatable and enjoyable romance anime I have seen from start to finish. Sure it is not an eccentric work and can feel dry to others but there were so many elements to this story that emotionally grabbed me compared to all other romance anime out there for me, that made this to be special. Hell, this show had awful CG and I still did not care about that whatsoever and its still on my favorites list even now after many years.
Apr 17, 2023 10:29 PM

Feb 2020
Natsume Yuujinchou. Natsume and Nyanko-sensei deserve more love. <3
Apr 17, 2023 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Basically all my 10/10 like Shinsekai yori and Ping Pong the Animation. But I understand very well that they are not exactly mainstream's favorites. Most people especially newbies prefer more generic anime.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 17, 2023 10:51 PM

Feb 2016
Death Note? It still does get a lot of praise even to this day.

Anyway, I'd probably say Shinsekai Yori, Durarara and Darker than Black. 
Apr 18, 2023 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard too much praise for Death Note, especially when it came out and the like 5-10 years after that. Uhm and I didn't like it that much to get behind the praise.

But I agree with Shinsekai Yori, also Dororo, Golden Kamuy and Dorohedoro maybe.
Apr 18, 2023 12:52 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
In death note L Lawleit died after he ate too much sweets and stopped talking his insulin even though he had type 2 diabetes..

He took the L

Apr 18, 2023 1:01 AM

Jul 2021
Death note really,you can't be serious lol
It has a relatively high score upon falling off after a letter in the alphabet took his leave,and the pathetic way Light met his fate
Jim_Heart said:
Basically all my 10/10 like Shinsekai yori and Ping Pong the Animation. But I understand very well that they are not exactly mainstream's favorites. Most people especially newbies prefer more generic anime.

I like the plot of Shinsekai Yori but I despised the characters, I just found them very unlikable and annoying ,and some of the mysteries in the show were just left unsolved.
Apr 18, 2023 3:11 AM

Sep 2010
Phosphophyllita said:
I've lived long enough to hear someone say that Death Note doesn't receive enough praise. Now I can die in peace.

I was thinking the same. Of all the things he could've said he chose Death Note. We're getting old.

I'd also say Hyouka btw. Very good anime but almost nobody ever talks about it anymore.
Apr 18, 2023 3:26 AM

Jan 2017
There are some of my friends who arent anime fans but still have watched Death Note. So u can see how much popular it is and one of the most well received shows even outside the anime community. So I dont know where did u get this notion of ' Not being popular' OP.
Though personally, I didnt like it that much and ended up dropping it midway.
Apr 18, 2023 3:58 AM

Sep 2020
Maybe Yuru camp, it's quite well-received but it still needs some more recognition.
Apr 18, 2023 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
Didn't watch it but Odd Taxi was highly praised. It does get mentioned here and there but not prominently 
Apr 18, 2023 4:57 AM

Mar 2023
Dennou Coil is a classic anime, but it isn't as popular as it should be.
Apr 18, 2023 5:04 AM

May 2018
What makes you think that Chainsaw Man, AoT and Demon Slayer are worse than Death Note? That's the wrong statement. 
Anyway, Deathnote is one of the most popular anime and is overly praised. So, what you are saying is nonsense.
Speaking of symbolism, I laughed and cringed at that Jesus feet washing scene. That was so random and pretentious.

Apr 18, 2023 9:21 AM

Sep 2021
nah Death Note definitely gets plenty of praise dude and it's definitely enough
and I don't really know if I have an example, I think most of what I've watched got the praise they deserved or well, didn't deserve 
Apr 18, 2023 9:49 AM
Jul 2021
I have 3 of em
No game no life (incredibly popular but not liked enough imo)
A place further than universe (more people need to watch this) and
The pet girl of sakurasou
Apr 18, 2023 9:53 AM
Dec 2019
The One true answer has got to be Monster. It is a literal masterpiece, and they do not make shows like that anymore. Those who watch it will praise it to the moon and back, but it just is not up there on most peoples list because they just havent indulged themselves.
Apr 18, 2023 10:34 AM
Jan 2022
Baccano, 91 Days, Golden Kamuy, Hellsing 2001
Apr 18, 2023 11:03 AM

Jul 2021
_Arch___ said:
IMO Eizouken ni wa Te wo dasu na! is my pick. People enjoyed it when it aired but not as praised as Masaaki Yuasa's other works 
I concur. I would have expected more people to at the very least relate to how eizouken portrays the creative process, especially among anime fans. I mean, what better place is there to find creative people other than this community? Instead I found people saying stuff like that the only good thing about the show is the opening, which is so unfair it's not even funny.
Apr 18, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
Nemo_Niemand said:
What makes you think that Chainsaw Man, AoT and Demon Slayer are worse than Death Note? That's the wrong statement.

The three of them are actually worse than Death Note tho, no matter how you look at it.
Apr 18, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
Death Note doesn't get enough praise? Man, what? Have the recency bias comes to the point one of the most acclaimed series of all time is said to not get enough love?
Apr 18, 2023 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
Parasyte, Claymore, Wolfs Rain are all anime I've seen people say they enjoy but don't get much praise. Despite them being pretty enjoyable, well made and cool shows. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 18, 2023 11:31 AM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
Sonny Boy  Sonny Boy go watch Sonny Boy right now 
9cycle cycle9

Apr 18, 2023 12:11 PM

May 2018
Ionliosite2 said:
Nemo_Niemand said:

The three of them are actually worse than Death Note tho, no matter how you look at it.
In my book Chainsaw Man and AoT are slightly better (I don't like them much). Dunno about Demon Slayer. I dropped it after episode 1. Probably worse than Death Note.
Let's say, CSM 5/10 or 6/10, AOT 5/10, Death Note 5/10, KnY 4/10 or 5/10.

Apr 18, 2023 12:26 PM

Oct 2019
really? death note?

ok listen, you can't look at mal ratings by comparison. there are always overrated and underrated shows. but death note is neither. it's a pretty damn well received anime that has stayed in the top 100 ever since the beginning of mal. the chainsaw man that you mentioned is already blow death note, and aot only has some of it's seasons above death note. if the first like 12 episodes of death note were separate, it would probably be in the top 10.

and demon slayer is imo the worst show in the top 100, so it's not that death note is too low, demon slayer is just too high. 

now what do I think is liked but doesn't get nearly enough praise?

beastars, death parade, sonny boy, and akudama drive.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 18, 2023 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
I'm going to say the Minami-ke franchise, really good cgdct show with the best trap, Makoto.
Apr 18, 2023 12:28 PM

Oct 2019
Hero_of_My_Story said:
Sonny Boy  Sonny Boy go watch Sonny Boy right now 
yes yes and more yes

I second this, please watch sonny boy
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 18, 2023 12:50 PM
Dec 2019
Lolpap said:
SloBurr said:
The One true answer has got to be Monster. It is a literal masterpiece, and they do not make shows like that anymore. Those who watch it will praise it to the moon and back, but it just is not up there on most peoples list because they just havent indulged themselves.

You should stop with the overpraising already and unlike what you think Monster is not without flaws and Monster is currently on Netflix so more people are watching it.
I mean, for a show that was made in the early 2000s it far surpassed its time. It's rated at an 8.86 and is only 144 in terms of this websites popularity. And yes, no matter which show one chooses to enjoy, there will always be flaws. I think Star Wars the Clone Wars and Avatar the Last Airbender are the 2 greatest animated pieces of art ever created, and those have tremendous flaws. And the community that has seen the show is all in agreeance that this show is drastically overlooked in the grand scheme of things. And I am glad it's on Netflix! It should be, but at this moment in time, it is severly underrated in terms of popularity. 
Apr 18, 2023 3:38 PM

Dec 2018
 I think Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Gwyn223Apr 18, 2023 10:50 PM
Apr 20, 2023 12:11 PM
Dec 2021
Black Rock Shooter has some of the most amazing animation and writing I’ve ever seen. It should have more fans, especially since it was created by Steins;Gate’s illustrator.
Apr 23, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2021
Definitely Soul Eater, despite the ending, it's still one of the better shounens out there..
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 30, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
Mob Psycho 100 needs more love (Word limits)
Apr 30, 2023 12:27 PM

Aug 2019
"Sailor Moon" is so well-known yet I feel like I rarely see anything about why it's a good series. Or at least there should be way more discussion/content about that.
Apr 30, 2023 12:29 PM

Aug 2017
I don't hear enough praises for Monster and Gurren Lagann
May 1, 2023 11:36 PM

Apr 2023
idk maybe casshern sins or claymore

More topics from this board

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Jun 12

20 by Memore »»
7 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

125 by perseii »»
10 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

49 by LoveLikeBlood »»
16 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - Yesterday

25 by LoveLikeBlood »»
18 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

34 by LoveLikeBlood »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.