Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, it seems Hyoma wasn't prepared for an actual date, at least on a whim.

While this episode didn't have Hyoma get beat up all over the place, the light drama was amusing to see. Plus, this was a good opportunity to showcase more of Botan's personality since her character feels overshadowed by some of the other cast members.
Stark700Feb 13, 2023 9:16 AM
Feb 13, 2023 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
The reveal was okay, it was already hinted before so didn't came as a surprise. Hyoma handled the truth really well and he even admires her now. The last scene was nice.
Feb 13, 2023 10:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow Haori looks surprisingly pretty when dressed up. When pressed like that i bet any girl would think that Hyoma's asking her out. The dreaded all nighter reports huh always a scary thing. But man having that many spirits watch you every time Botan steps out of the barrier must be scary. Given the sheer potential its no wonder that the shared law came into effect. Botan though sure ended up having a rough childhood though. Without the support of Haori and co Botan would had broken long ago. Overall a fun ep that did well to give Botan the expansion that she so needed as well as allow the bond between her and Hyuma to progress to the next step.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2023 11:27 AM
Oct 2010
Everyone, human and monster, only thinking how to use her, with her bridal set as the only defenders wanting her to be able to live a normal life. Man, people suck. 

Maybe Hyoma will end up forming a third camp that looks for a way to truly help her by getting rid of the possession, definitely seems like the direction his thought processes would take. ... Maybe that's what the briefly-mentioned hand that tried to help her but didn't reach attempted but failed. SOMEONE had to have looked at this poor kid and thought to help and fix the problem rather than use her.
Feb 13, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
Awww this was actually my fave episode so far ngl. Hyoma asking out Botan was really sweet. I enjoyed seeing her backstory as well,it makes a lot of sense why she was so defensive about the Tsukmogami in episode 1-2. They’ve been protecting her and her de facto parents as long as she can remember.

The fact she’s always been ostracised by humans and literally watched by monsters is really sad, but I think hyoma is kind of a perfect fit for her. They both have a lot in common and can teach each other things.
Feb 13, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
I don't see how this was a tragic back story. Destined to be a God and have gifts not destined to die like ppl with cancer. Not sold like most here because I think it's awesome and she is not alone AT ALL! she like abe no seimei

I missed the part where Haori and team tskumogami were picked to be her family, weird that it was not the Kunatos.
Feb 13, 2023 2:32 PM
May 2017
All around decent episode. So botan is the vessel of a god and that's why humans and spirits want her. Interesting okay, i kinda want to see the plot focus more toward his revenge tbh. Like finding clues and stuff

3/5
Feb 13, 2023 2:57 PM

Dec 2018
much better romance than these half cocked "romcoms" this season
Feb 13, 2023 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
How many onions must I cut after watching this :'). Amazing episode we get to see Botan's past and holy sh*t that was sadge. That smile needs to be protected at all costs! 
Feb 13, 2023 7:44 PM

May 2019
Nice to get some background story on Botan. So a marebito possessed Botan to serve as its vessel but it hasn't awakened yet. I wonder what kind of powers Botan will eventually have? Based on all kinds of eyes on her it may be a potent power, interesting. And yes, Haori looks pretty when she dressed up and did her hair.

I also hope Hyouma's mission is revisited meaning finding out the culprit(s) of his siblings' murders.
Feb 13, 2023 9:12 PM

Apr 2022
probably the best episode so far. more reveal about botan's past, despite it being predictable. somewhat wholesome, kaori killed it.
Feb 13, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2017
Hyoma out on an unprepared "date" with Haori, what gives?

The truth revealed: Hyoma asking Botan out on a date, but this proves too sudden for the latter as she needs to submit a report in school, and the way that Aogi phrased Botan to be that spirits are attracted to her, it's the duty of a Saenome to protect Botan. As such, the "date" to stalk Botan and know of her daily life in and out of Kushige's barrier, and the external world of boundless tsukumogami who are watching her, and she knows it. This is thanks to people called "yorimashi", humans possessed by gods, and Botan as that, is unaware of her powers just yet, and that's what the warning of not to use her meant as such: arule that was not meant to be broken.

Botan, from a young age, has many tsukumogami (either human or monster) looking after her from a distance, and not even people like Haori can be discounted if they have ultierior motives against her, but it's mostly unfounded assumption from Hyoma. As sich, she was isolated from the outside world, and having bridal bousseau tsukumogami like Haori taking care of her, it took years for her to get over this complication. Hyoma has the choice to go back home, but seeing his resolve to protect her, it means marriage in the slightest. But more than not, her strength of being able to take in hardship is admirable, like a well-oiled family, something that Hyoma didn't had.

A slow episode, but fleshed out Botan's character well.
Feb 13, 2023 9:38 PM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, had some good scenes, nice backstory of botan.
It was a calm, serious and has some comedic elements to it.
Nice one i give it 6/10.
Feb 14, 2023 3:18 AM
Mar 2012
Early part chaotic energy so refreshing, lol random palm strike & rip glasses.
unexpected Botan date turned into Haori date.
Sawashiro did great narrating Botan's backstory. Some strong characterizations today.
Feb 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Botan's backstory sure is tragic but I gotta say the storytelling is a little boring
Feb 20, 2023 9:31 PM
Apr 2018
Everyone our boy smiled! WE MUST PROTECT! 
Feb 22, 2023 6:32 AM
Jan 2022
Oh boy, I'm getting vibes. I definitely still very much like the anime and I'm definitely finishing this season but I've got mixed feelings about the direction I feel it's going.

I don't think the anime is entirely unbiased in its opinion as I feel the 'human side' will still win in the end. I'm just as suspicious as every other group in the show as to why Hyoma was sent and Botan's tskumogamis' thoughts were immediately 'Nice, husband material is here.'

See where I'm going everyone?

Simply put, I think the story is going to go that Botan builds a bond with Hyoma who is human and ultimate chooses to use her powers for the humans.

I may be wrong, these are just my opinions. It's still a pretty nice watch and I'm enjoying it for the meanwhile.
Feb 22, 2023 9:35 AM

Aug 2019
LOL at Hyouma's reaction to Haori. I mean I can understand why 😳

But this episode was awesome! I love everything about this episode. It was funny, it was emotional, and it finally gives some backstory for Botan. I was really thinking about dropping this at the start, but I'm so glad I didn't!
Feb 24, 2023 8:05 AM

Nov 2013
time for a date with Haori, and she looks nothing like her usual self, that's a nice hairstyle lol
holding hands? no problem
the target was actually Botan, he wanted to know more about her because of what happened last episode... but she was too busy with her school stuff, she didnt even sleep for 2 days lol
kagami with the cute hair too, she is cute no matter what

the date, more like stalking Botan lol ... that's because first Hyoma must learn about her everyday life outside of her house, outside of the barrier that keeps her safe
Kushige still with the other guy from last episode, poor guy will never leave :D at least Haori was allowed to

damn there's a lot of youkais looking at Botan, good thing they have a pact to not do anything
Hyoma is terrorized by that scene, and so are we lol Botan and her familiars are all used to it so it's ok
she managed to give her report just in time, while her friends at school started talking about possible boys and Botan was remembering the scene with Hyoma in the morning

tsukumugami are born from a moribito blessing
if blessed objects are this strong, what would happen if the blessings went to humans instead? they would be like gods?
oh that's what happened to Botan, she has the blessing, and anyone would take advantage of her, hence the rule that no one should aproach her
lol Haori's face when Hyoma asked her the real question, won't the 6 take advantage of her?

because of her problem, everyone avoided her, Naruto flashbacks lol
took her many years to trust people and smile around them, and the 6 watched over her for all that time
Hyoma wont back down, he just can't, so he will protect Botan... and that brought the marriage talk again lol
Botan arrived at that time, and she was surprised by Haori clothes
Botan is the similar but also different from Hyoma, both can see tsukumugami, and both have troubles talking to other people, but -botan managed to smile again, while Hyoma still can't
Botan's most embarrassing memory, being a chunnibyou, who could sense non humas presence lols
Botan was worried that Hyoma would leave her after knowing how strange she is, but all Hyoma has for her is admiration, which left her happy, and Hyoma got smitten by that smile
being the 1st guy to ever do that, he really will end up being the perfect partner for her
when the 3 girls hug each other, Hyoma finally saw in them the same thing that his own parents did for him, now there's no doubt left in his mind that the 6 are like parents to her
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 25, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2016
It's great they actually talk about the things that have been brought up recently but I guess it makes sense since they are finding the "perfect husband" for her and he couldn't be more straightforward; I feel the episode is still lacking a better grip of the pathos they were showing but that last moment with Hyouma smiling made the episode better.
Nov 10, 2023 2:34 PM
Aug 2022
Smells shojo in here. Bored of this issue with the girl already, now a kami is involved, great, do we have to worship her too.
Go develop yourself useless mc.
And I want to see more of Yuu and that caged Edo beast instead of this botanical girls commute to high school or whatevs.
Dec 18, 2023 4:02 PM

Dec 2022
Botan is, unfortunately, somewhat of a boring and flat character. For how much the world seemingly revolves around her, the only discernible trait she has so far is "easily embarrassed".

Shaded Horizon

Jan 16, 1:13 AM

Oct 2022
Great response from him.. by complemeting other's strength, he gave her more confidence. Much better than simple word of sympathy
UndefeatedBahamut

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2023

32 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 8, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2023

24 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 6, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2023

15 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 27, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

22 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Mononogatari Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2023

18 by vadoyager7 »»
Jan 20, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.