Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2023 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
SouthRzVa said:
Okay. Narrative-wise, this is being really interesting so far. Really enjoying the "somber" OST and the in-between illustrations look absolutely stunning. Not to mention they work well as cover-up for the notorious issues in production.

Still not sure which story-line captivates me the most tho.

Still just unsure if the art style is going to get worse. The dog flying was pretty bad.
Jan 23, 2023 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
People talking abount the action scene and said it was bad animation never saw any yuasa anime i guess, literally they used the same style in that scene. I guess all yuasa anime have 0 budget and its all shit animation.

Other than that, ost where great, the inbetween art was really good, the general old style artstyle of the anime is good and the story is interesting for now.
Jan 23, 2023 4:31 PM

Nov 2013
i don't remember if i mentioned it in ep1, but the op sound is totally cute (the voice at least)

we meet 3 girls who will travel with her, all setting off to get married, 2 of them seemed friendly

they put Touko to work, and they for sure gave her a bad job, with how smelly that bathroom is lol even the other girls felt the smell when she came back

the girls were sent away to clear their own village curses, not that they believe it will help in any way ... girls don't even feel like eating anymore
Benio loves to work, and is bored to death being closed in that room lol
the way she talked to the dog and got its obedience reminds me of those tv programs with guys helping random family dogs to behave better

oh? the sister was actually crying when Touko left? i would never expect that lol she even sent a little rock so Touko would remember her

here is Kouchi, the last main chara, the son of a fire hunter (i imagine the one who died)
the owner of that mansion was in debt with his father, and with the mother dead as well, he decided to welcome him and his ill sister to live in that mansion and even get private medics and tutors (hopefully his intention are as good as he makes it sound, and he won't do anything to them
his father also left behind some skyfire, a rare fire that comes only from sky beasts, quite explosive, i wonder what he will do with that
Kouchi was given a scholarship despite not being a noble, since he is smart and can invent things, he can become the savior of their village if he manages to work on that skyfire

Kaho went outside, she is crazy...
oh i finally recognised Touko voice, and after checking, yep, Chiho from PrimaDoll and Kaho from Akebi lol
the big gorilla caught Kaho, and tried to catch Touko as well, bt the 2 dogs came to the rescue, lol they were flying
Touko got thrown away by that guy, and will no longer be trusted, she will have to leave the train at the next stop, rip, that was not in the script lol
wonder if that next stop is where she meets with Kouchi, since the op shows them together
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 23, 2023 9:40 PM
Mar 2021
just for everyone to know the still shots are pretty obviously more of a artistic decision or there many other ways to save alot more time and money
Jan 24, 2023 8:11 AM
Apr 2022
I think that everyone here cares too much about the animation. I know that better visuals gives a better feeling while watching an anime, but this is an unpopular anime we're talking about. I just hope that it doesn't go too much lower with next episode because it's still more than watchable, atleast to me. I just like the 90's style animation.
Jan 25, 2023 12:29 AM

Oct 2015
Well. F*ck that hunter.

What a dark horse. Hoping more and more people would discover this gem.

There were a few scenes in this episode where I thought the production was saving budget or something in terms of animation, but I can forgive that much since overall, the animation is decent anyway.

I am thinking the scholar boy's father is the one who died saving Touko.

Touko's journey's gonna get longer from here, as if 1-2 years weren't long enough. If she's gonna get off at the next village, I hope she will meet the scholar boy at least.
   HuaLian <3
Jan 26, 2023 1:22 AM
Jan 2018
despite the clear budget issues this is still the only show this season that stands out to me really.
Jan 26, 2023 5:32 AM
Oct 2019
Gorgeus illustration in between Animation.

Rich guy kinda sus, welcoming Koushi into the family just like that, must be a catch.
Jan 26, 2023 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
whf was that dog flying? i hope they dont overuse the stillshots, they look bad
Jan 27, 2023 12:39 AM
Jul 2012
Everyone is hyping this anime as "It looks like a late 90s/ early 00s anime!" then getting upset when it used the exact same cost saving measures those series did. I was actually amazed that it kept that old anime vibe with the painted stills.

Plus I noticed the artificial cel shadow in the op which rules
Jan 27, 2023 6:12 PM

Aug 2019
2 episodes in, and we're already getting jank. For the sake of it, I hope it's either a stylistic choice or something they'll be able to work around.
Johnny_MelaslavoFeb 2, 2023 11:20 PM
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Jan 27, 2023 9:16 PM
Apr 2013
Illustrations from episode 2? Already? It pains me.
Jan 28, 2023 1:56 AM
May 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Extremely weird and out-of-place illustrations are a bad sign - there are other signs that point out this wasn't some artistic choice. While episode 1 was promising, episode 2 leaves a bad aftertaste. The story is still intriguing for sure, but it seems like the studio and people behind this show have serious problems in terms of budget. They used pieces from episode 1, we saw black screen with text several times and quite often we saw frozen frames. bad, bad, bad...

Yeah, seeing those still images for a toilet cleaning scene isn't a good sign. Yet there are some people who commented "it's such a nice stylistic choice"...

The last fight scene was atrocious.
Feb 5, 2023 12:21 AM
Nov 2020
Do the people, who often post in episode discussion threads, get paid or something?
I mean how can someone lie like this...
Cazqui-09 said:
the brilliant illustrations in-between animation scenes shocked me into waking up. this anime really is deserving of my severe lack of sleep on the alarm for it. these soundtracks are haunting...
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Feb 5, 2023 1:18 AM

Jul 2016
akiramado19 said:
Do the people, who often post in episode discussion threads, get paid or something?
I mean how can someone lie like this...
Cazqui-09 said:
the brilliant illustrations in-between animation scenes shocked me into waking up. this anime really is deserving of my severe lack of sleep on the alarm for it. these soundtracks are haunting...
you seem unusually upset over me simply appreciating this anime's illustrations. i'm sorry for you
Feb 8, 2023 3:01 AM

Jun 2015
Im feeling sus about that fat guy in the mansion, hard to tell if hes a good or bad person at the moment!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 9, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2018
So all the ambitiousness of the first episode is gone. Another Mars Red situation here, well this episode was directed by Mars red's supervisor Sadamitsu too. Dezaki-isms is what carried the episode and most likely going to do for the future episodes. There's also like one main animator who seem to be consistently present in all the episodes yet, he'll carry for now too.

But all these aside, similar to the previous episode, we are getting the two stories scattered throughout the episode, intriguing in that front.
Etherius_ZSFeb 9, 2023 10:50 AM
May 5, 11:39 AM
May 2017
¿English text only? ¡OH NO, MOU DAMEDA!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do people really think the animation quality is bad? ( 1 2 )

EmmyMoomin - Feb 7, 2023

73 by Serafos »»
May 22, 9:02 PM

» trivial question about the title name pronunciation

Link___ - Jan 24, 2023

10 by haku_mccvi »»
Apr 14, 7:42 PM

Poll: » The state of the fantasy genre in anime in the 2010s/20s

EmmyMoomin - Mar 18, 2023

8 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 1, 4:33 AM

» For a world where fire was once worshipped; now was declared an enemy

sbyrstall2 - Mar 19, 2023

4 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 1, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Hikari no Ou Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2023

46 by luminality »»
Jan 17, 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.