Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2022 7:26 AM
Oct 2022
I have seen many topics on mal just trash talking and hating about mha. It is one my first anime and i really enjoyed/enjoys it. Don't know why people just hate on it. One of the most controversial thing is animation and i really don't see any problem in the current arc (till ep5). So can anyone tell why mha is getting this much unnecessary hate? And yes I do know about the toxic fandom (ships)

Note I haven't seen war arc and don't know spoilers but i do know about manga deku but don't have much info. Waiting for it to be animated. Have only till mha S6 ep 5 . So please, please don't spoil me.
Dec 7, 2022 7:32 AM
Feb 2021
Well initially it was just trendy to hate MHA because of the fandom. People just like to follow whatever they hear so i’m not really surprised about that. And then it was about the animation. I personally don’t really have any issues with it, it works well and although it could be better, lots of people tend to expect perfection. MHA is a good show with decent writing.
Dec 7, 2022 7:35 AM
Feb 2021
Its because bones ripped the budget in half
Dec 7, 2022 7:36 AM
Aug 2019
Animation aside* It’s just boring is all. No hate really, people just voice that feeling in a combatitive/toxic way.
Dec 7, 2022 8:44 AM
Apr 2022
it's being hated?...i mean for me it's kinda mid becuz of the eps being inconsistent like some being good and some being not good.. but i love it becuz of deku seein his willpower and all i got motivated so much ..the conclusion is it's mid lmao
Dec 7, 2022 8:45 AM
Jan 2021
it's a good starter anime, but for people who have seen other shows its nothing really special. The series thus far has been very safe. It never does anything to break the shonen mold and it's also so scared to kill off any characters which is my biggest issue. It's very hard to worry when any character gets injured because nobody really dies. Yet they keep trying fakeout deaths in hopes that you'll actually fall for it. I'm not saying half of the cast needs to die off, but the fact that the war arc's most notable casuality is a side character who has done nothing says a lot about the authors willingness to let these characters go. Also the anime isnt great adapting the manga and has fillers for no reason whatsoever. The manga is plenty far enough ahead that filler isnt needed. Mha is a fine show but definitely gets a bit overhyped and their fanbase does a fair amount of questionable/borderline illegal stuff
Dec 7, 2022 8:47 AM
Oct 2022
akaivikram said:
I have seen many topics on mal just trash talking and hating about mha. It is one my first anime and i really enjoyed/enjoys it. Don't know why people just hate on it. One of the most controversial thing is animation and i really don't see any problem in the current arc (till ep5). So can anyone tell why mha is getting this much unnecessary hate? And yes I do know about the toxic fandom (ships)

Note I haven't seen war arc and don't know spoilers but i do know about manga deku but don't have much info. Waiting for it to be animated. Have only till mha S6 ep 5 . So please, please don't spoil me.

this topic is about to get locked i guess
Dec 7, 2022 8:50 AM
Oct 2022
AYAAN_2009 said:
akaivikram said:

It has been so I changed some stuff cause I really didn't get an answer before 😅
Dec 7, 2022 9:19 AM
May 2022
every community have haters. but many people hate MHA without watching it 😡
i watch MHA every week when new episode releases
i enjoyed/enjoy the story and the graphic.
but i don't understand why mha gets this much hate
😔
Dec 7, 2022 9:21 AM
Oct 2022
honestly I also don't understand the hate this show gets. it's honestly a really good shounen series. I loved it from the beginning and I still do even now. the story has been good so far and I'm really interested to find out what happens next. People have complained about the animation in sn 4 and 5 but I really didn't see anything wrong with these seasons. maybe it s because I'm not the biggest sakuga fan and I mostly focus on the plot but still, I do think this show gets too much hate for no reason whatsoever

and yes, I do know how toxic the fandom is but the show doesn't represent the fandom. the show is really amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. I'm pretty sure that if anyone watched the show all the way to the 5th season without interacting with the fandom or the haters on social media, they would genuinely enjoy the show
Dec 7, 2022 9:58 AM
Aug 2021
bleach,mob, chainsaw are showcasing this good animation
after that even a normal adaptation becomes bad
personally I don't have any problem
Dec 7, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2015
It's very popular anime, so obviously it will get it's fair share of haters.

Dec 7, 2022 11:22 AM
Jan 2021
I would def skip filler and i believe season 5? The one before the newest is terrible. But if you can get through it the new season makes it worth it imo
Dec 7, 2022 11:38 AM
May 2018
i think in the start when it was launched .. it was hyped up because its new at that time but as the story is progressing ... people usually lose the interest specially those who just watched it because some one hyped about the anime in starting ...
Well I feel that the story is boring at some point but that's the way the story progresses.
but i also wanna know what will happen next .

PS - the MHA story is kind of long too .. not something you can wrap up in 2-3 seasons.

well i also think some day people will enjoy it again ... when the animation reaches its final season . cuz at that time people will be able to see it from start to its end .

Although the best thing i like about MAH is how the show keeps reminding me about the powers of each character in between the episodes.
yellowtaxidriverDec 7, 2022 11:42 AM
Dec 7, 2022 11:44 AM
Oct 2020
it's like 99% just because of the horrible fanbase.
Dec 7, 2022 12:25 PM
Mar 2019
I keep seeing people say the animation is bad and it's boring. the animation is good. not every anime is going to the best animated show ever and there is literally a war going on, people dying, and awesome plots. every episode feels like it's 5 minutes because of all the excitement. so no it's not boring either.
Dec 7, 2022 1:01 PM
Jun 2012
The animation is fine just nothing special. The real problem is the story is boring after awhile.
Dec 7, 2022 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
parhamkh523 said:
😔

This. There are just too many NEETs on MAL.
Dec 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Jan 2021
Honestly, while the fandom is cringe majority of the time the haters are worse
Dec 7, 2022 5:25 PM
Dec 2021
akaivikram said:

i havent seen any hate threads, only threads asking why so much hate lmao
Dec 7, 2022 5:56 PM
Oct 2022
akaivikram said:
AYAAN_2009 said:

It has been so I changed some stuff cause I really didn't get an answer before 😅

yaa ik that you made another topic that got locked that's why I said this
Dec 7, 2022 6:02 PM
Oct 2022
DGemu said:
parhamkh523 said:
😔

This. There are just too many NEETs on MAL.

Just asking what do you mean by NEEt here as it is an exam here so i don't know any other meaning
Dec 7, 2022 6:06 PM
Oct 2022
Madara545 said:
honestly I also don't understand the hate this show gets. it's honestly a really good shounen series. I loved it from the beginning and I still do even now. the story has been good so far and I'm really interested to find out what happens next. People have complained about the animation in sn 4 and 5 but I really didn't see anything wrong with these seasons. maybe it s because I'm not the biggest sakuga fan and I mostly focus on the plot but still, I do think this show gets too much hate for no reason whatsoever

and yes, I do know how toxic the fandom is but the show doesn't represent the fandom. the show is really amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. I'm pretty sure that if anyone watched the show all the way to the 5th season without interacting with the fandom or the haters on social media, they would genuinely enjoy the show

True I also enjoyed it so much cause I don't use much internet so after I watched s5 only I was introduced to this fandom. And i was shocked on how terrible it was (cause of ships and hate on unnecessary things). And after I heard about some manga stuff (not much) I was thinking that this will change with war arc. But boy I was wrong they just amplified 😢😢
Dec 7, 2022 9:28 PM
Sep 2021
lightenshadow said:
Its because bones ripped the budget in half

He's talking about the people who hate the anime in general not the people who aren't satasfied with the anime adaptation

Also, MHA does have great production values, even if it's inconsistent
Dec 7, 2022 9:29 PM

Aug 2015
My Hero Academia is one of the very popular anime that are even known outside of the internet, like Attack on Titan, Dragon Ball, Naruto and Death Note, so it is normal to see some people hate it since almost every fanbase has an evil portion of hateful individuals, but those are only limited to small internet circles and some of them do it as a joke anyway
Dec 7, 2022 9:30 PM
Sep 2021
oddeyez said:
it's a good starter anime, but for people who have seen other shows its nothing really special. The series thus far has been very safe. It never does anything to break the shonen mold and it's also so scared to kill off any characters which is my biggest issue. It's very hard to worry when any character gets injured because nobody really dies. Yet they keep trying fakeout deaths in hopes that you'll actually fall for it. I'm not saying half of the cast needs to die off, but the fact that the war arc's most notable casuality is a side character who has done nothing says a lot about the authors willingness to let these characters go. Also the anime isnt great adapting the manga and has fillers for no reason whatsoever. The manga is plenty far enough ahead that filler isnt needed. Mha is a fine show but definitely gets a bit overhyped and their fanbase does a fair amount of questionable/borderline illegal stuff

S5 ( the season where people say there's a lot of fillers ) has EXACTLY ONE filler episode

You're overblowing the filler argument
Dec 7, 2022 9:32 PM
Sep 2021
Madara545 said:

People also think that OPM S2 has bad animation and that the DB Z has good animation

So, people have no idea what they're talking about
Dec 8, 2022 2:16 AM

Aug 2021
I really really enjoy MHA. There's several key moments and fights that made my hair stand up and a bunch of awesome characters. sometimes I thought maybe they leaned a little too heavy into the slice of life aspect, but as I continued to watch I just realized that was the artists vision for this world so I'm cool with it.

But yeah, a few years ago at conventions you started to see very young people (11, 12, 13, etc) there cosplaying MHA characters and as it continued to get more popular it seemed to get more trendy to hate on it. I hate that kind of thinking, if something gets popular it probably is good, there's no need to be all hipster about it.

Dec 8, 2022 2:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
For the sixth season in particular, I honestly haven't really seen any hate for it, just love all around. Plenty of people have voiced their negative opinions on season 5, and even on season 4, which is understandable. I think the real haters have already left this franchise long ago somewhere in seasons 1-3, while a good chunk of the true fans have expressed their disgruntled takes on seasons 4 and 5 not quite being it. Loved season 4 btw, almost as much as season 3 if not AS much, and I thought season 5 was totally fine.

But here now at Season 6, all the real haters have left and are long gone (I think), and those who are still here and have remained by MHA's side are being rewarded for their patience. Because come on, this season so far has been pretty damn good.

edit: and yeah to answer the actual question, that would be an easy "no". Just from how it looks, it's quite safe to say this whole franchise was probably marketed toward a younger audience. Those who are watching it now have simply grown up a little from when the first season aired back in 2016. Taking that into consideration, it is very understandable why this might just not be for you- it's just quite a basic and childish shounen. You can dislike it, but I don't see any reason to hate it. I still think it's made very well; it's by Bones after all.
BetaMaleUltraDec 8, 2022 2:32 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2022 3:17 AM
Feb 2021
every popular show is bound to be hated there's no way to avoid it, just enjoy your stuff and go on with your life.
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Dec 8, 2022 5:10 AM
Oct 2022
BetaMaleUltra said:
For the sixth season in particular, I honestly haven't really seen any hate for it, just love all around. Plenty of people have voiced their negative opinions on season 5, and even on season 4, which is understandable. I think the real haters have already left this franchise long ago somewhere in seasons 1-3, while a good chunk of the true fans have expressed their disgruntled takes on seasons 4 and 5 not quite being it. Loved season 4 btw, almost as much as season 3 if not AS much, and I thought season 5 was totally fine.

But here now at Season 6, all the real haters have left and are long gone (I think), and those who are still here and have remained by MHA's side are being rewarded for their patience. Because come on, this season so far has been pretty damn good.

edit: and yeah to answer the actual question, that would be an easy "no". Just from how it looks, it's quite safe to say this whole franchise was probably marketed toward a younger audience. Those who are watching it now have simply grown up a little from when the first season aired back in 2016. Taking that into consideration, it is very understandable why this might just not be for you- it's just quite a basic and childish shounen. You can dislike it, but I don't see any reason to hate it. I still think it's made very well; it's by Bones after all.

mmm if you have a misunderstanding just clearing it( I don't think you have but whatever) . I don't dislike it, I actually love it even recommended it to some.
And second Sadly there are even on this s6 ,I frequently see many here, on mal like why do animation look bad why there is no dread feeling in it. Etc
And there are some on other places to
Dec 8, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
I don't 'hate' MHA. In fact, I quite enjoyed the previous seasons of this show.

However, I am not enjoying the recent season/manga chapters very much. I think this was the point where things began to go downhill for MHA's story. I don't want to go into a lot of detail because much of my issues come later on that haven't been adapted just yet, though starting with this season, I feel a sense of rushrushrush from the creator (aka pacing problems), and not liking some of what's going on with the war sequences. It just...feels like more should've happened between seasons 5 and 6, and there's a sense of things just happening suddenly in the beginning too (we barely see Shiggy established in the MLA/PLF before they begin assaulting the city).

Criticism isn't always hate, and both are conflated very often in anime discussion circles like here and Reddit.

For me, I don't think I'll ever hate MHA (unless the ending is just...horrifically bad or something), but I am disappointed in the direction it has taken.
Dec 8, 2022 9:50 AM
Jul 2014
KashyapSenpai said:
it's being hated?...i mean for me it's kinda mid becuz of the eps being inconsistent like some being good and some being not good.. but i love it becuz of deku seein his willpower and all i got motivated so much ..the conclusion is it's mid lmao

Why is it every time I see people use that stupid term, they're usually someone who can't spell?
Dec 9, 2022 12:04 AM
Jun 2012
akaivikram said:

To many, its a direct threat to the booty 3 (naruto, bleach, one piece) and they’re terrified.
Dec 9, 2022 10:00 AM
Jun 2021
MHA aint bad but the fan base makes it intolerable.
Dec 9, 2022 12:21 PM

Jan 2020
I really don’t care that others hate on it, but even as a fan of the series, I must admit S5 was lacklustre. This season is great tho
Dec 9, 2022 12:29 PM
Jun 2021
hating because of the fandom is the dumbest excuse for hating a serie
Dec 10, 2022 6:09 AM

Oct 2019
because it's the newer shiny shows are out.

and my hero's pacing and production is lacking compared to other shounen titles.

so the people who only watch shounen and think animation is everything, start to hate when they see the better productions.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 14, 2022 11:25 PM
Apr 2022
Damolisher said:
KashyapSenpai said:

Why is it every time I see people use that stupid term, they're usually someone who can't spell?
I guess only option is to watch the anime and not bother abt the fan base
Dec 15, 2022 5:44 AM

Mar 2017
I feel like all popular anime attract hate simply because they’re popular.

As a BNHA manga reader though I will say that the anime just doesn’t live up to the manga but no, it doesn’t deserve as much hate as it gets imo!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2023

161 by ToTheGyz »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » What is the best MHA arc so far?

OskarC25 - Apr 8, 2023

20 by ToG25thBaam »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

269 by ToG25thBaam »»
Yesterday, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

226 by ToG25thBaam »»
Yesterday, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stripes - Mar 11, 2023

299 by ToG25thBaam »»
Yesterday, 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.