Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 29, 2022 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
Lol I like how some of the replies are like, "Ah it's this dude with again their constant take" and I can let them slide on this one since this series got me a mixed bag in the later episodes
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 29, 2022 4:59 PM

Feb 2021
(C)ute
(G)irls
(D)oing
(C)ute
(T)hings

get it now?
Aug 29, 2022 5:25 PM

Apr 2015
C)ute
(G)irls
(D)oing
(B)oring
(T)hings
Aug 29, 2022 11:03 PM

Nov 2013
@MegaStride
I want to see the darker side of the society like Psycho-Pass, not them helping random people and wasting time every episode.
Dude, so you're basically saying "why isn't this anime what I want it to be!" - Because it isn't. Go watch other show with "dark" theme. This isn't one. There was info regarding the show, the author was planning to indeed make the story darker, but it was significantly toned down. There was a thread about it on mal I believe. So, it's official, the show will not be "dark".
That's not even to mention how annoying Chisato is as a character. She never keeps her mouth closed and is always making cringe jokes and noises.
Is the plot going to pick up anytime soon? 8 episodes in and I'm close to dropping this failure.
This honestly sounds like a failed bait/troll post, considering how many people obviously disagree regarding Chisto; also, this is an original anime (No LN/manga), so no one knows for sure how the plot will progress.
Aug 30, 2022 2:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
EVEN IF I WAS bored by episode 8, I don't think I would've been anymore after episode 9

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 30, 2022 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
I wouldn't say I'm "bored" with it, but I do feel that of late, people's standards of what they consider a "great" anime have gone way down. Lycoris is kinda a fun slice of lifey action show. But what I don't understand, is why it has a rating of 8.27??? Like, that's like masterpiece level ranking. It doesn't deserve that kind of ranking, not even close. It's a fun show, but it's no masterpiece, it's merely average. To give some perspective, Ghost in the Shell, (which IS a masterpiece), is currently ranked 8.28. Akira (another masterpiece) is ranked at 8.16. Is Lycoris just .01 points away from GitS in terms of quality? And better than Akira? Heck no. Not even close. GitS is one of the most influential Sci Fi and cyberpunk films of the 20'th century. (not just influential in anime and manga, but influential, period. It inspired so many directors, artists, writers, and others, including The Wachowskis, James Cameron, etc.)

And I think what's going on here, is unfortunately as anime has exploded in popularity, the community has had to deal with a huge huge influx of people who simply don't know any better. They don't know what good quality actually is, and have been upranking seasonal anime that is "decent", and the best out of a lot of seasonal releases that are merely "meh", -but not "amazing". And so out of all those turds, something that's actually halfway decent seems to shine so brightly, even though us connoisseurs know better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gatekeeping here, I'm glad new people enjoy anime. However I do think it's true that the influx of so many new anime fans has lowered the community standards of a whole as to what is considered "really good" anime as of late. And it's become difficult to trust the ratings of newer anime because it seems if an anime is merely "not bad" it's going to be given a high ranking, of like an 8 or higher. I definitely feel like when the community was less saturated with new fans, that people had more discerning taste, and put more thought into their rankings. (Outlaw Star for example, has a lower ranking than Lycoris, at 7.85, yet I think most people who've seen both, would readily admit that OS's story, characters, plot, worldbuilding, etc., are definitely better than Lycoris)
I wish there was a way to help introduce people who are newer to anime to the many masterpieces that came before to help bring the "literacy level" of the anime community as as whole, back up. I also feel that the proliferation of digital color, has kind of biased people to more recent releases that "look pretty" but may be lacking in terms of writing quality. I also find it frustrating that people will give an anime a "rating" before they've even finished watching it. Like I'll see anime that have only like 3 episodes out have rankings that are all over the place, and people haven't even finished the season yet to be able to know what they're talking about. LOL!
Sara_IsayamaAug 30, 2022 3:31 AM
Aug 30, 2022 10:45 AM
Apr 2022
Willology said:
please drop it and watch shield hero or something so they don't think about appealing to you in future endeavors

bro no dont watch tate no yuusha
Aug 30, 2022 4:20 PM

Aug 2020
it's a sol police action show, not a drama phycological show. if it's not your type of show, don't watch it. This show def not for everyone.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Sep 1, 2022 8:47 AM
Jun 2021
it's nicely balanced between SoL, action and drama imo
Sep 1, 2022 4:41 PM

May 2021
Indeed, I saw like 5 chapters and this is just another seasonal mediocre show with a build-up like Gunsliger Girl but taking off all the psychological element, in fact this is closer to My Dress-Up Darling than any other action show, it's SoL with CGDCT and an obvious build up for a lesbian relationship in the future, there are some "akwards" moments, kinda like fanservice for SoL fans combined with some moments of excesive physical contact and a provocative showing of body parts. Anyways I will watch a couple of more episodes before dropping but this is a 2/10 so far.
Sep 1, 2022 5:57 PM
Sep 2016
I've read enough. I guess this is just another plotless zoomer anime
Sep 1, 2022 11:33 PM
Jan 2021
Isn't the whole plot about the Alan company trying to push Chisato to fulfill her "talent". Mashima and Roberta have their own thing, Takina has her own thing, Chisato has her own thing. The plots already kicked in lmao. And looking at the artstyle and tone established how can you even think it would be like Psycho pass. This is more of a character driven story then a deep message on societal issues. I will give you that the character growth is a bit poor for a character driven story and that the appeal is the slice of life girl bond moments. But the friendship developments been pretty decent, if it took you this long and you're still not enjoying it maybe you should've dropped it like 6 eps ago
Sep 2, 2022 2:20 AM
Aug 2021
vladchanCh said:
the anime is ok, nothing really special (definitely overrated). what's more fun is seeing lycotards seethe when someone states truth about their beloved mediocre anime lol

Factxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sep 2, 2022 6:23 PM
Jun 2022
I can agree with what OP is saying because to be honest the plot really just isn't gripping whatsoever. Like I literally haven't seen anyone give a shit about any other characters besides Chisato or Takina and majority of the people that actually watch show are only there for the yuri or other homosexual ships without actually giving a shit about what the heck is going on. But still I really dont get why or how some people think it's the best of the season or why the rating is somewhat high because this really isn't A1's best original work by any means tbh. Now I dont hate the show or anything but I havent had any interest in continuing from where I left off on episode 7 because there's just been absolutely nothing happening in the show that wasn't predictable from the moment chisato's mechanical heart was revealed so I basically already have about three different ideas on how this show will end and most likely it will be the magically fixed heart ending (hopefully not).
Sep 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
If anything, I'm more bored by all the persisting comments by people calling it "mid" without even giving a viable justification, much less an inherently good reason.
Sep 3, 2022 5:03 AM

Jun 2019
Kymazaki said:
I can agree with what OP is saying because to be honest the plot really just isn't gripping whatsoever. Like I literally haven't seen anyone give a shit about any other characters besides Chisato or Takina

It's not unusual at all for character-driven series that are not plot-centric and thus do not contain some extremely dense and intricately layered and constructed, well-written plot to have all their emotional currency and audience investment wrapped up in one, two, or an otherwise very few main characters. That's kind of the point of what character-driven stories do by nature and the plot just tends to happen around them.

I also don't see what an ending being possibly predictable or not and to what degree has to do with anything. This isn't an M. Night Shyamalan film. It never billed itself as some intense and labyrinthine, mind-bending, groundbreaking mystery thriller for a new generation.

And even apart from character-driven stories and SoL or SoL hybrid anime, some of the most beloved stories of all time have "predictable" endings. The Lord of the Rings - The One Ring probably gets destroyed. The Wizard of Oz - Dorothy probably gets back home to her Kansas farm. There. Done. End of story. But is that really the point?
WatchTillTandavaSep 3, 2022 5:10 AM
Sep 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Sep 2020
Nope I'm still enjoying it a lot
Sep 3, 2022 10:22 AM
Sep 2016
what bothers you? just drop
Sep 3, 2022 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
at least it isn't pretenious

This kind of series isn't for everyone

Sorry that I had to go Captain Obvious

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2022 4:16 PM
Jun 2022
WatchTillTandava said:
Kymazaki said:
I can agree with what OP is saying because to be honest the plot really just isn't gripping whatsoever. Like I literally haven't seen anyone give a shit about any other characters besides Chisato or Takina

It's not unusual at all for character-driven series that are not plot-centric and thus do not contain some extremely dense and intricately layered and constructed, well-written plot to have all their emotional currency and audience investment wrapped up in one, two, or an otherwise very few main characters. That's kind of the point of what character-driven stories do by nature and the plot just tends to happen around them.

I also don't see what an ending being possibly predictable or not and to what degree has to do with anything. This isn't an M. Night Shyamalan film. It never billed itself as some intense and labyrinthine, mind-bending, groundbreaking mystery thriller for a new generation.

And even apart from character-driven stories and SoL or SoL hybrid anime, some of the most beloved stories of all time have "predictable" endings. The Lord of the Rings - The One Ring probably gets destroyed. The Wizard of Oz - Dorothy probably gets back home to her Kansas farm. There. Done. End of story. But is that really the point?

I never said that it needed to be the second coming of Christ, I said it needs to be more gripping, interesting and unpredictable. That's cool and all if it has SoL elements but that doesn't matter, because it's not an SoL. If your gonna include guns, organizations, hackers and this and that you have to make me feel like I'm not just watching a John Wick movie for toddlers. At first it's entertaining and all but then it quickly becomes "Chisato: The Anime" because NOBODY and I mean NOBODY really gives a shit about anything else in the series but her and maybe Takina. The animation is good, sound work is good, voice acting is good but then here come's the extremely questionable writing to stomp on the winning streak. However, I've had a feeling once I saw that it was an A1 original that it was going to end up like this so this is anything shocking but if you like it, then good for you.
Sep 3, 2022 4:42 PM

Jun 2019
Kymazaki said:
I never said that it needed to be the second coming of Christ, I said it needs to be more gripping, interesting and unpredictable. That's cool and all if it has SoL elements but that doesn't matter, because it's not an SoL. If your gonna include guns, organizations, hackers and this and that you have to make me feel like I'm not just watching a John Wick movie for toddlers. At first it's entertaining and all but then it quickly becomes "Chisato: The Anime" because NOBODY and I mean NOBODY really gives a shit about anything else in the series but her and maybe Takina. The animation is good, sound work is good, voice acting is good but then here come's the extremely questionable writing to stomp on the winning streak. However, I've had a feeling once I saw that it was an A1 original that it was going to end up like this so this is anything shocking but if you like it, then good for you.

It's a partial SoL. A straight action drama or action thriller wouldn't exactly have the beats, tone, and flow it does and function more in line with what you describe and what you probably desire.

I couldn't let this stand however:

Kymazaki said:
but then it quickly becomes "Chisato: The Anime" because NOBODY and I mean NOBODY really gives a shit about anything else in the series but her and maybe Takina.

...I like Kurumi...
Sep 3, 2022 5:00 PM
Jun 2022
WatchTillTandava said:
Kymazaki said:

It's a partial SoL. A straight action drama or action thriller wouldn't exactly have the beats, tone, and flow it does and function more in line with what you describe and what you probably desire.

I couldn't let this stand however:

Kymazaki said:
but then it quickly becomes "Chisato: The Anime" because NOBODY and I mean NOBODY really gives a shit about anything else in the series but her and maybe Takina.

...I like Kurumi...

Yeah I can see where your coming from with the mixture of the action and SoL but if that's the case then I just wished it would've been somehow clearly labelled to not be just be action and giving me false hope of constantly seeing some super cool shit. But aside from that it seems you might be one of the rare ones with that choice of character.
Sep 3, 2022 5:58 PM

Jul 2019
I like how people here are telling others that are not really gravitating toward the show to stop watching it altogether. To y'all telling others to drop the show, shut your trap for once. This show is indeed overblown of the season.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 3, 2022 6:11 PM

Jul 2014
lmao writing this post on a series that's rated very high lool it's like u want the majority to roast u xD
Sep 3, 2022 7:15 PM
Apr 2021
LordSozin said:
I like how people here are telling others that are not really gravitating toward the show to stop watching it altogether. To y'all telling others to drop the show, shut your trap for once. This show is indeed overblown of the season.

It's not an entirely wrong thought though, the OP posted this basically 2/3 of the way through the series to propose his doubts on the show's formula.

There is also the option to binge watch instead of keeping up with everyone on a weekly basis, not like it's going to disappear in X weeks. It's an own decision to keep up with it weekly.

And let's not forget there's probably more than 20 other airing shows just from this season, it's not like there's only this to watch. Why force yourself to watch something you don't like when there are a thousand other titles out there? People have only learned to gravitate towards nondetailed reasoning to trash series', not just this by the way.
Sep 3, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2019
tensai95 said:
LordSozin said:

It's not an entirely wrong thought though, the OP posted this basically 2/3 of the way through the series to propose his doubts on the show's formula.

There is also the option to binge watch instead of keeping up with everyone on a weekly basis, not like it's going to disappear in X weeks. It's an own decision to keep up with it weekly.

And let's not forget there's probably more than 20 other airing shows just from this season, it's not like there's only this to watch. Why force yourself to watch something you don't like when there are a thousand other titles out there? People have only learned to gravitate towards nondetailed reasoning to trash series', not just this by the way.

The OP argues the problem with story beats and how he or she thinks it's not up to the standard praise that this community labels as. To which, I agree. It has nothing to do with not being fond of the series while watching it. I find it ludicrous that people here just dismiss others for not having the same perspective on the shows they clearly like and dismiss it as "if you don't like the show, just drop it". Oftentimes, it's more than just liking or not liking a show.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 3, 2022 8:50 PM
Sep 2020
This guy thinks he’s such an elitist by saying shit like “the dark side of society”, literally just drop the show
Sep 4, 2022 1:01 AM
Dec 2018
Just dropped this anime today, it's so bad and I can't even my other reasons why I'm dropping it because the power-hungry mods would swoop in.
Sep 4, 2022 3:36 AM

Dec 2016
I was never not bored of it, but only I'm four episodes in at the moment.

Clearly a lot of effort was put into Chisato's character. Other than that, this show has very little else going for it.
Sep 4, 2022 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

444 by scooter_ing »»
May 20, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.