Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
So this is the backstory of Subaru Kurokawa, the kid whom has been bullied all his life, until he met Jo, which made a 180 on his life. Except that when Jo talks about Hideto, he feels a heavy heart... (well I mean, BL vibes yeaaaa)

The Kakegawa soccer team has made a comeback, and news spread throughout school to record their first wins, though at a miniscule level. That's what Hideto hopes to tke away from it, though his past may come back to haunt him.

Well, what a 3-way BL race this has been: the school's newspaper article that puts its word on the damnation of the pairs, and lambasted on Hideto, thanks to Subaru's interference that he likes to stir unnecessary trouble from taking Jo's attention away. It's even written on his face of extreme desperation for attention to use Hideto as a malicious tool to get Hideto out of their life, and the consequence of quitting the club, just for this trivial circumstance.

Seriously? A cheesy BL-like drama? Haha this is so cringe lols, even worse than the "Shooto" at the very beginning of this atrocious show.
Aug 27, 2022 8:29 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems Subaru was badly bullied whilst he was younger...
However, his life changed when he heard Jo shouting and talking to his football.
He threw the ball back to Jo and was thanked by him. From then on, he became friends with Jo and would play football with him everyday.
A boy named Kishiya was pestering Tsuji so he pushed him onto Jo xD. He wants to interview Jo. He was happy enough to allow it and happy at the excessive praise he recieved. Seems Subaru feels a bit jealous of how Jo talks about Tsuji...
Kamiya pairs Subaru and Tsuji and is training Jo to become a threat on the field on his own for this session.
It seems that Subaru is still feeling down and thinks Jo doesn't think of him or need him anymore.

HE GETS HINAMIZAWA SYNDROME AND NOW SEES TSUJI AS HIS ENEMY!!! WILL IT BE ANOTHER ONIKAKUSHI SITUATION NANO DESU?!!
He goes to visit Kishiya and seems to be plotting something evil...
When Jo and Tsuji go to school, an article about Tsuji has been made...and it is full of things that Tsuji didn't want known.
SUBARU STOP, THE HINAMIZAWA SYNDROME IS TAKING OVER YOUR BODY, DON'[T MAKE JO LOOP BACK IN TIME TO SAVE YOU ANYMORE!!!

Kamiya reassures Tsuji and tells him to believe in the team.
Subaru has apparently been telling the other club members that Tsuji has been letting down the team.
Tsuji isn't doing too well...
Jo and him go to Kishiya and they realise that he was up to something!
Jo then talks to Subaru and he reveals how he truly feels and says that Tsuji is using them as a substitute for Jo...
But Jo doesn't accept that at all and says they aren't friends anymore!
Tsuji says he will quit the team...

WHAT INTENSE DRAMA-THIS IS A BETTER TRIANGLE THAN THE WHITE ALBUM 2 VISUAL NOVEL!
WHAT A MASTERFUL PIECE OF WRITING!!!
I AM SO INTRIGUED AS TO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN THIS DRAMATIC PIECE OF AWESOMENESS NIPAH!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 27, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2022
Ugh, they made the Subaru stuff a two-parter. How boring. I really hope it won't go past the next episode so they could focus on Tsuji's rematch with Kokubo. Also they skipped most of the tournament like it was nothing in this episode lol

And no Kokubo again after he finally showed up again last week. So annoying. He better be back in the next one!
dony1060Aug 27, 2022 1:26 PM
Aug 27, 2022 9:51 AM
Sep 2015
You know what they said about sports anime title with exclamation mark...
Aug 27, 2022 10:31 AM

Jun 2021
Friend trouble.......
Aug 27, 2022 10:54 AM
Jul 2020
Kurokawa is so cringe man, worst character
Aug 27, 2022 12:16 PM

Jun 2020
Every Saturday night, before I start up a new episode of Shoot!, I ask myself, "could it possibly get any gayer this week?" And every Saturday night, I am given an answer even better than the last one.

zedtronic said:
...and I realized that we have yet another gay yandere on our hands: Subaru.

There you have it folks, I fucking called it, I saw the Yandere Subaru Uprising coming weeks ago. Hey, remember when this was a soccer anime and not a campy over-the-top Indian-Telenovela hybrid??? Haha, yeah, me neither. (Don't let this trick you into thinking that I'm not loving this shit, because I absolutely am.)
Aug 27, 2022 12:41 PM
Jul 2022
I just want ONE, normal convo between Kokubo and Tsuji. Not one that is one-sided with only Kokubo talking about his "Shooto" that would be nice.
Aug 27, 2022 2:57 PM
Aug 2022
Do you think that Tsuji will quit the team in the next episode?
Aug 27, 2022 3:06 PM
Jul 2022
Radinosatha said:
Do you think that Tsuji will quit the team in the next episode?

Come on now we know how this goes. He'll quit then come back after Subaru will have a change of heart and then convince him to return
Aug 27, 2022 10:59 PM
Apr 2022
this is taking the homie-sexual friendships to WHOLE OTHER level
Aug 27, 2022 11:52 PM
Sep 2019
kurokawas reaction was a little over dramatic and to be honest it made cringe a little.
Aug 28, 2022 5:14 AM

Oct 2008
ppffttt!!! BWAHAHAH! OMG SO HOMO NO HOMO!!! lesgooo M2M!!!
1/5
hahah and then of course yandere mode! oh gosh!
friggin' unnecessary princess drama ! sheeeeesh!!
matias067Aug 28, 2022 5:27 AM

Aug 28, 2022 5:50 AM
Dec 2021
Subaru's heel turn was unexpected...
Aug 29, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
holy fucking shit, this anime is getting even worse, how is that possible ....................

what's next? Tsuji leaves the team and Jo starts playing with Sahara/Kazama/whatever, and subaru will bitch with them until they leave?
Jesus Christ, is this really the worst anime ever?
winddevil1Aug 29, 2022 9:22 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Aug 29, 2022 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
winddevil1 said:
holy fucking shit, this anime is getting even worse, how is that possible ....................

what's next? Tsuji leaves the team and Jo starts playing with Sahara/Kazama/whatever, and subaru will bitch with them until they leave?
Jesus Christ, is this really the worst anime ever?

I've honestly tried to drop this anime three times now but I just can't stop watching this dumpster fire. Every time I'm about to drop it, it does something that keeps coming back each week. Anyway don't be like me and force yourself to watch this, watch AoAshi instead.
Sep 2, 2022 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
jesus christ these kids are so dramatic.
I was a highschool boy who played soccer and shit never got this dramatic.

Subaru went full whiny bitch mode. You'd think he was an insane ex as opposed to a 14-15 year old boy.
Jo wasn't so bad this episode but on average i feel like someone needs to punch him. Like every time he yells and grabs someone by the collar, i think that person should just deck him right there and then.
Tsuji being traumatized to the point that he wants to barf cuz he couldnt score a couple times in middle school is also pathetic.

These are like soccer jocks, why are they all so fragile. Team sports are a confidence building activity ffs, you probably wouldnt be playing at all if you were such a whiny bitch.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Sep 3, 2022 5:52 PM
Apr 2022
We're already in the semi-finals? that was relatively quick.
Sep 10, 2022 4:49 PM

Feb 2019
i was not expecting that... homoromantic or a really damn deep platonic connection? curious to see where that leads - alas - cannot stand him after that, that was a cruel and nasty ass trick

Sep 17, 2022 8:58 PM

Feb 2019
Tsuji

Sheesh!
Sep 26, 2022 11:35 PM

Nov 2009
This was already super gay but with the little silver haired uke transforming into the turbo bitch among turbo bitches and all the related drama it legit hit a new low. It's almost to the point where it's so bad it's good.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 15, 2023 5:09 AM

Feb 2014
Ok, so this is where people really started to hate this anime, the drama here is super forced.
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another bad episode!!!

Instead of being a sports anime, it looks like a South American soap opera.

Today is Subaru´s time and his doubts!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 20, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.