Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is this a better version of Runway de Waratte??
Yes
56.0%
No
44.0%
100 votes
Jan 25, 2022 9:26 AM
Sep 2020
Both have almost the same concept of a blonde girl and a man who can sew, the only difference is that Fujito wants to be a hypermodel and Marin wants to be a Cosplayers. I think My Dress up Darling is a better version of Runway de Waratte. in terms of Romance, Story, and Likeable Characters. I say this because I've seen both and I felt Runway de Waratte was missing something when I watched it. but I admit the story is rather good.

What is your opinion?? agree if this is a better version??
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 25, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 2020
These two anime are really different, ranway de waratte was more like an sport anime (in the conception) with tournament and a competition aspects, and dress up is more a comedy like nagatoro, or uzaki
Jan 25, 2022 9:47 AM

Oct 2020
Runway de Waratte is just under Hype, if it's popular maybe people will be embarrassed when choosing My Dress up Darling, term of story Runway de Waratte is much better. both MCs also have better character development. but I agree that characters like Marin will be likeable by the anime community.
Jan 25, 2022 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
They both are fundamentally completely different though as stories and different genres too, so I wouldn't really compare them seriously because of a couple similarities in ideas. Cosplaying for fun while the dude makes outfits for the girl with some romance involved is completely different from designing outfits/modelling for a living and trying to make it big in the fashion world. They're just different.

As for what I prefer if I had to choose a franchise, it's Smile Down The Runway, especially when it comes to manga. My Dress Up Darling has much better production and is a better adaptation of its manga compared to the Runway one being too fast paced, but when it comes to the main source material itself, Runway's far superior for me personally but that's just my opinion. As far as rating both anime goes, they're about the same since I have issues with the Runway anime and I have issues with My Dress Up Darling in general so they even out I guess.
animejasJan 25, 2022 10:08 AM
Jan 25, 2022 10:20 AM

Sep 2018
I literally thought the opposite. Why do I prefer Runway de Waratte? No romance, no heavy emphasis on waifubaiting (I even like ecchi, so nudity is not the problem), no headbutting the wall for half an episode to portray the male MC's shyness (quite cringe); just a boy, a girl and their dreams.

I can't deny that Sono Bisque Doll has better production value and that's why most people will prefer it (the very same guys who'll say plot>animation), but Runway de Waratte's soundtrack gave it a very distinctive style that made it more remarkable than "generic high quality animation".
NirinboJan 25, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 25, 2022 10:59 AM

Mar 2014
Hmmm I don't think it's neither is better than the other but the only thing similar to me is that I don't like the male MC. They're seems like a wimp and I'm tired and sick looking thta kind of character (especially if they don't show any significant character growth)

So in my opinion both are equally great
Jan 25, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
In terms of source material, no. Runway had better character dynamics and storywriting overall. However, the adaptation was pretty bad imho, as it failed to realize the image and empowering moments of the manga.

So just speaking anime-wise, Sono Bisque is much better so far, given the far better production quality it has.
Jan 25, 2022 11:05 AM

Oct 2019
pls dont bring the hate to this anime.
i hope this is a joke post
Jan 25, 2022 6:26 PM

May 2021
Nope, in any way i couldn't see this better, i really like My Dress Up Darling but in terms of story Runway de Waratte is much better. In terms of concept, My Dress Up Darling would be preferred with a relaxed SOL story interspersed with Fanservice.
Jan 25, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Yes. This is not painful to watch and the main character are likable. Not a bunch of loosers ek can't do anything.
Jan 26, 2022 11:43 PM

Oct 2020
Yukino_chan99 said:
Nope, in any way i couldn't see this better, i really like My Dress Up Darling but in terms of story Runway de Waratte is much better. In terms of concept, My Dress Up Darling would be preferred with a relaxed SOL story interspersed with Fanservice.
Yeah I agree, I also like My Dress up Darling, but I disagree when the OP says it's better in term of story than Runway de Waratte. The story of Runway de Waratte is more complex with the setting of two MCs who want to achieve their dreams but have their own problems in achieving it.
Jan 27, 2022 2:35 AM

Oct 2018
Better version of Runway de Waratte? In what way, huh? Hmm... Let me guess, because this show has so much fanservice?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jan 27, 2022 2:51 AM
Sep 2020
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Better version of Runway de Waratte? In what way, huh? Hmm... Let me guess, because this show has so much fanservice?
Dude, did you watch Runway de Waratte?? even you didn't have it on your list🗿
Jan 27, 2022 3:41 AM

Oct 2018
Murayama75 said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Dude, did you watch Runway de Waratte?? even you didn't have it on your list🗿
I watched some clips and currently reading the source material. But there's no way that My Dress up Darling is better than Runaway pfftt....

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Feb 15, 2022 9:20 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

395 by Lanz »»
Jun 1, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

485 by Lord_sag4 »»
May 8, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

243 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.