Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tesla Note
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Oh man, this episode had a weird pacing. And Botan's role really didn't impress me one bit at all...

With the way the episode was executed, it felt more or less like Botan herself couldn't really carry her role fully. Probably one of my least favorite episodes to date so far.
Nov 21, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2017
With all the spy mission work done so far, for Botan to come this far to quit, she just feels like she couldn't cut it.

Kuruma trying to be funny of a playboy stance while Ryuunosuke goes deep into the issue, her personality being part of the problem of just taking things at face value. If not for Ryuunosuke and the clues left behind, both him and Kuruma would've been just lazing at her house all day.

Botan's mom having to juggle between being pregnant and working on the experiment of the Shards of Tesla, that was a calculative risk against Una Casita. Her dad however, defected and worked for Una Casita being their top boss, so it all clicks up. Botan's character story didn't really impress me at all for being a "trauma".

The 3D in this episode...was the most jarring ever yet of wonky camera angles. Even the food is 3D, that looks kinda awful. Their small jokes as "funny" as that sounds, it's the same.

Even with/without action, this episode really wasn't any impressive than the rest.
Nov 21, 2021 8:41 AM
Sep 2015
Elmo is such an adorable boy.
Nov 21, 2021 10:35 AM

Feb 2021
People are taking this series too seriously. I am crying from laughter again. This had by far, one of the most horrifying bits of animation I have ever seen in the beginning. How in the world did they approve that where Botan's skipping in animation. Kuruma was hilariously entertaining as usual. Even if the CGI and 2D are horrifying, the writing is solid. It was odd to play the OP at the end, but when they told Mickey of a mole I was screaming at my screen that it better not be Oliver and it was. I am having too much fun with this series.
Nov 21, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2018
ya know Botan's hahawei's diary says that her Hahawei made it when she was conceiving her, the date of the dairy indicates 2002, so, if Botan was born on 2003 she would have been 18 by now 2021......

too bad this ep is boring.....
Nov 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Jan 2019
Spirit_Chaser said:
People are taking this series too seriously. I am crying from laughter again. This had by far, one of the most horrifying bits of animation I have ever seen in the beginning. How in the world did they approve that where Botan's skipping in animation. Kuruma was hilariously entertaining as usual. Even if the CGI and 2D are horrifying, the writing is solid. It was odd to play the OP at the end, but when they told Mickey of a mole I was screaming at my screen that it better not be Oliver and it was. I am having too much fun with this series.

Blessed comment. I, too, am an enjoyer of Tesla Note.
Nov 21, 2021 12:37 PM
Jun 2020
I read somewhere in the reviews section that this was supposed to be a kids show? I had no clue, and just figured that out now, even though I don't think a kids show would have stuff like mafias trying to kill each other.

If it was supposed to be a kids show, surely they would have advertised it as such.

I'm fussing over this because I'm trying to figure out exactly why it's so terrible. If it was originally meant to cater to a younger demographic, it would both explain why so many people here on MAL dislike it, and why the people making it didn't really give a shit.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Nov 21, 2021 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
Botan talking more about her mother among other issues about her family, cool that she understood the true meaning of the name but there was no way this could save this episode because this time it was really bad again.
Nov 21, 2021 5:44 PM
Jun 2021
One of the better episodes. In this episode we get a look into what makes Botan tick, and how she fits into the larger story. No slow motion fights this week.

Not going to lie, when the op started near the end of the episode and the credits rolled, I thought that they'd just cut their loses and ended the show early. But then they (very clumsily) set up a couple of new plot threads in some post credits scenes.
Nov 21, 2021 6:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Surprise they rolled out the op in the end with no usual ed. They really need more time possible to get the things done with Botan mother's history. Kuruma ordinary family name finally been revealed. Botan family, mother's death, and more exactly with her father, has also been revealed. Ryu also revealed his parents situations. CIA also sufferred a family trust issue. While the enemy, I'm Hungry, surprisingly got a family flash backstory with Elmo and Pino on its spotlight.

This episode is about every character family revelations. How unusual. But not bad enough to start the engines.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 22, 2021 2:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We're learning more about Botan's family, it's quite sad how her mother was obsessed and searching about the Tesla Shard and when they found her secret diary where she was speaking about her daughter and how she wanted to give life, and sadly her father was just a spy :/ Kuruma made me laugh for how dumb he was during these moments though xD and idk if it's me but I saw some VERY ridiculous animation error, like during the traveling 3D scene Botan just teleported twice while walking it looking like a glitched PS2 cutscene XDD
Jan 27, 2022 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Elmo is a good boy.

So Botan's dad (Boss?) and Oliver are part of Una Casita as well? Two twists as for the price of one xD Although, both the mole and relative as big bad are tropes any B-tier project should feature.

Spirit_Chaser said:

Sheklon said:
Spirit_Chaser said:

Blessed comment. I, too, am an enjoyer of Tesla Note.

+ 1

It's baffling to see how harsh people are on this.

AssClapper69 said:
I read somewhere in the reviews section that this was supposed to be a kids show? I had no clue, and just figured that out now, even though I don't think a kids show would have stuff like mafias trying to kill each other.

If it was supposed to be a kids show, surely they would have advertised it as such.

I'm fussing over this because I'm trying to figure out exactly why it's so terrible. If it was originally meant to cater to a younger demographic, it would both explain why so many people here on MAL dislike it, and why the people making it didn't really give a shit.

To classify this as a kids show doesn't make much sense when looking at the time slot it aired. Featuring criminal organisations and deaths in and of itself doesn't mean much. The implementation and execution is where it's at. And here it's not unsuitable for a young audience. Moreover, the plot is straight forward and easy to follow. I would say it's the typical light hearted rule of cool action aimed at adoloscent children.

It's extra goofy and cheesy which is reminiscent of CGI cartoons like Action Man and Max Steel that aired in the late 90's to early 00's. These were actually specifically marketed as children shows.

Tesla Note might come across as bottom tier terrible because it's unconventional compared to the seasonal standard fare, but it's certainly a self-aware show. That should be noted.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2022 12:18 PM
Oct 2021
This might be a bit late but why did Botan so excited at the fact that she learns Kurama surname? Is this a joke only Japanese people can get?
Apr 26, 2:45 PM

Sep 2018
i... i thought this episode was pretty good.

i noticed the frames skipping as Botan moved towards the altar but i didn't think it was indicative of a breakdown of animation. i just assumed it was an (odd) stylistic choice, especially since they don't do this during much more complex scenes.

this show so far has been an interesting role reversal for me. i feel like usually i'm the one throwing shade and bagging on a show that most other MAL viewers seem to love and are willing to forgive for the most lobotomized and insipid writing. 🤷‍♀️

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

12 by AshRayKay »»
Apr 29, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

104 by Xenreia »»
Jan 9, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2021

16 by imblench »»
Jan 1, 2023 4:57 PM

» It's really sad

Ikutaayase - Dec 21, 2021

16 by MrPerfectOtaku »»
Mar 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Poll: » Tesla Note Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2021

23 by smoodflamez »»
Feb 8, 2022 4:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.