Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 3, 2021 10:07 AM

Nov 2017
Fella is a middle schooler? He definitely looks wayyyy older. And I don't know any middle schoolers who talk like that. This is definitely an odd start. The beginning has a nice setting (I like being on airplanes), but the motivation for the hijacker android made no sense to me. Did Kimi throw the case to Siesta 'cause he knew what was inside it or was that just dumb luck the item inside just so happened to be a gun?

I wasn't really all that invested in the whole culture festival part. Just cosplay as a bride and groom 'cause why not I suppose lol.

At least the plane fight scene was nice and I do like Siesta and hope to see more of her
Aug 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Aug 2019
An ok first episode I suppose, I'll give it to them for making it 40mins, but resulted in lots of pros and cons.

Off the bat, might be because i have small brain, but pacing felt really sporadic? From the thriller plane scene, we go to the MC's house not really seeing his conclusion on the situation, and we see the girl that left him at an airport after just naming him her new sidekick, whooping an androids ass, introducing all these crazy factors like secret organisations, and he reacts like it was his usual Thursday (but in his defence they make it clear in the plot early on that trouble always comes his way, so i'm not surprised if he just rolls with it at this point). The 5 day time skip imo was also really not helpful for this as well, like wtf did they do in that time? Eat pizza while Siesta kept offering him to be her sidekick? Finally with him accepting Siesta's offer with what i felt like little reasoning. Like being a walking magnet for trouble, and knowing she's possibly only having you around for that, why not capitalise off it? Does he even have a job? How is he buying so much pizza? I'm almost astonished that he didn't ask about some form of pay, or even who she works for and her organisation, and what the job as a "legendary detective's sidekick" even involves. Then we move to a school festival scene, urban horrors, a chase scene, Siesta dressing up (which ngl amidst the confusion was the only thing i processed) with Kimihiko, then suddenly flying and conclusion of the case, drugs that link BACK to the super secret organisation, in a snap off a finger, felt a bit much for me.
Character interaction was good though, Siesta and Kimihiko's had some interesting convo's, the anime does a pretty good job at going straight to the point, they also felt quite direct with the flittering even after meeting each other not long ago, but overall i liked it.

The animation and visuals are, really impressive I won't lie. The fight on the airplane was arguably amazing, the animation all the way through was fluent, Siesta's in multiple outfits in one ep did take my breath away, as well as her performance in general ngl, however the MC looks way older then what i feel he should be.

Also the BGM sounds really, quiet? Might be me, but scenes like the two chasing bunny man, the OST was really hard to hear and just made the whole thing look really off.

Ending was good though, that hooked me. All in all i am interested to see where this anime leads, and i do wish this series the best in the future.
Code0018Aug 6, 2021 11:29 PM
Sep 19, 2021 12:14 PM

May 2015
Ok wow, I can see why she won the best girl of the season chart on the website I saw. She's too good. I love kuuderes and my favourite colour is white so she's like the best of both worlds. And she's really unique. She's confident, calm, gives off that nice aura, has a lovely smile. Best girl material for days.

Also, she must have a mind reading power. That comment he made about the maid outfit and neko ears he had solely in his head so they can't explain it as anything other than mind reading powers. If that guy on the plane had the hearing augmentation she must have something better. Plus her movements were not human so its safe to say she's some sort of secret weapon.

I'm curious how this is gonna go in the future if "the detective is already dead". I hope its not one of those series where its all an illusion in the MC's head and the relationship they build up is meaningless.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2021 12:56 PM
Dec 2018
DarknessReality said:
Ok wow, I can see why she won the best girl of the season chart on the website I saw. She's too good. I love kuuderes and my favourite colour is white so she's like the best of both worlds. And she's really unique. She's confident, calm, gives off that nice aura, has a lovely smile. Best girl material for days.

Also, she must have a mind reading power. That comment he made about the maid outfit and neko ears he had solely in his head so they can't explain it as anything other than mind reading powers. If that guy on the plane had the hearing augmentation she must have something better. Plus her movements were not human so its safe to say she's some sort of secret weapon.

I'm curious how this is gonna go in the future if "the detective is already dead". I hope its not one of those series where its all an illusion in the MC's head and the relationship they build up is meaningless.

Did you start binge watching this? episode 1 is a bait. Reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but at least have a look at some of them. You may waste your time if you're looking for certain genres, like "mystery".
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Sep 19, 2021 1:12 PM

May 2015
skysurf said:
DarknessReality said:

Did you start binge watching this? episode 1 is a bait. Reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but at least have a look at some of them. You may waste your time if you're looking for certain genres, like "mystery".

Nah, haven't looked at a single review. I don't really do. I just look at the cover and go from their and give a series a try. I get what you're saying by its bait though. On episode 3 and my enjoyment has drastically dropped.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2021 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Nice sakuga fight animation but weird turn of random events of which middle schooler Kimi got roped into especially after Bat's ear turned into one of those Kagune from Tokyo Ghoul.

The romantic comedy aspect seems the most interesting as it doesn't feel much of a detective anime with things getting solved without any buildup towards it.

Sep 23, 2021 12:55 AM

Feb 2020
Dropped after 20 minutes. Why did people not realize from the start that this is trash? But I guess third rate waifus and a couple of seconds of sakuga is what anime is about for some people.

Shows again that you should never trust source material readers on the quality of the anime (although I doubt that the LN is good either).
Oct 3, 2021 8:58 AM
Jul 2021
Ugh, I am rewatching this episode in English. Holy crap, the first episode was AMAZING!?! The action, the Animation was SOOO good on the plane! The theorizing/detective work, it was SOO fucking cool! What happened 😭
Oct 13, 2021 1:53 PM
Oct 2019
the first episode is just two episodes combined into one?

the plane portion was interesting. odd detective girl. mysterious organization and android things. 8/10 rating

the second portion (at the kid's home and then at the school festival) is boring the ever loving shit out of me. it doesn't "feel" right. this "relationship" doesn't feel natural. it's rushed or forced or something

they're in wedding costumes now? i don't even feel like finishing the episode. idc about toilet bunny hanako. 4/10 rating

5/10 overall. meh
Feb 24, 2022 2:42 AM

Dec 2020
Shit went from 0 to (-)100 in the first episode itself.
Mar 9, 2022 9:06 AM
Mar 2022
Does anyone know the name of the soundtrack from tantei wa mo shindeiru ep 1, it start playing before the two jumped out of the window
Apr 14, 2022 3:18 PM

Oct 2021
I just started this anime, already finished the first episode.
Now, I want to ask you guys something, what is the point of me watching this anime if the author kills Siesta at the first episode of the anime???
yes.
Apr 16, 2022 7:53 PM
Apr 2022
The first episode is nice, but the story didn't match into the next episode and i actually didnt understand it, the author (nigozyuu) should fix the episode 2 - the end
Jul 21, 2022 2:11 PM
Nov 2015
The scene where siesta jumped out the window in the wedding dress. What's the name of the OST?
Aug 18, 2022 12:37 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. That is pretty suspicious for police workers, I imagine.. How he gets into criminal situations a lot..
Hm.. Now that's quite a situation..
Siesta knows quite some things..
So suitcase was Siesta's plan.. lol.. Well, this girl plans lots of things ahead.. ;P
7 gadgets in possession of Siesta, hm.. And master key is one of them..
Siesta is quite eccentric.. She does a lot of unusual stuff.. Can't say it's for better or worse.. I think for both.. It is interesting.. And there is some charm in that.. But also how much she really cares about some things or people - it's hard to guess.. In the end, I guess, it really is up to Kimi, what he wants..
Is Siesta dead?.. Or which detective?..
Oct 5, 2022 4:42 AM

Dec 2020
So like idk what happened. Things sorta just happened. Weird things. Barely any explanation. Style and animation look good though.

Siesta seems top tier but guess it's in the title. She ded or MAYBE...?
Nov 9, 2022 10:49 PM
Feb 2022
i found it very adorable and it was really intresting, and now i feel lonley hahaha, but it was a very strong first ep in my opnion but the ending.. huh wow
Mar 6, 2023 10:18 PM

Oct 2019
"What is that?"
"WE ARE VENOMM."
Mar 11, 2023 10:27 AM
May 2022
it was quiet borring
Apr 12, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Damn... that was the worst first episode in recent memory. Apart from that small sakuga fight scene it was terribly boring and illogical. Also those conversations were trying to sound smart so hard, it was kinda pitiful.
May 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Nov 2022
The animation was spectacular, the chemistry between the two characters is awesome but I hope the supernatural stuff is really not that big... Having random tentacles appear from the dude's ears completely took me out of it. Just let it be a normal mystery show, but pls not supernatural.
Aug 6, 2023 4:19 AM
Apr 2014
Worst episode that I ever saw in my life
Sep 27, 2023 12:00 AM
Sep 2023
Good animation I love it
Apr 28, 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
I was yawning at 10 minutes
How can something be so boring?
46 minutes became 46 years
LucasDoragonApr 28, 3:50 PM
Apr 28, 6:32 PM

Sep 2018
contrived, pandering, bait-and-switch. insipid writing. dreadful, just dreadful.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2021

239 by Felix_Lorenz »»
Jan 7, 12:38 PM

» Does Siesta’s hairband (scrunchies or whatever) have any meaning?

RudeRedis - Dec 28, 2023

4 by illufox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Siesta is the plot, no cap (poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 19, 2021

13 by ProdigyKing »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2021

125 by saurabhshivam »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2021

118 by Sogeki-IT »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.