Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Jun 2017
did i just watch a motorbike advert??
May 20, 2021 5:36 AM

Feb 2007
GreatAide said:
did i just watch a motorbike advert??

Nothing wrong with that.
Jun 8, 2021 10:41 PM

Mar 2018
This first episode hit so many of the right notes for me, especially with my relation to riding. The subtle contrast change when Koguma got on the moped for the first time, her joy as she admires her new ride, the brief traffic anxiety starting out, the panic of your new ride giving issues. All of those little moments felt so real because I felt all of these emotions myself when I started riding.

To top it off you have great classical scoring and art that flows well with the atmosphere of this anime.

I think this anime's impact will definitely vary with people who may not relate to riding on two wheels but even then, this still provides what seems to be a nice mix of a melancholy and chill SOL.
Celest__Jun 8, 2021 10:48 PM
Jun 9, 2021 5:08 AM
Jun 2019
The saturation change when she start up the engine is SWEET
Jun 9, 2021 11:23 AM

Nov 2017
Claude Debussy!~

I love how the colours got richer when she got on her cub. The contrast between no-cub scenes with no music and overcast-like colours to the cub scenes with the piano music and bright and warm colours is next level.

It really conveys that the cub brings her happiness. I can dig it, she's pretty endearing. Definitely looking forward to what this anime brings
Aug 15, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
They certainly didn't exagerate with Koguma having nothing (no parents, no friends etc.) which is quite sad and strange how she lives alone while underage. Well nice seeing her expression turn from sorrowful into happy one after getting her new deadly moped.

Dec 1, 2021 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
So anime has these more greyish colors, because of internal heroine's melancholy?.. Or it's just me, who sees colors more greyish?..
And at 07:49 colors become more bright.. So it was purposeful choice of colors after all.. Interesting.. Quite nice choice..
Wonder, if we'll learn more about that man.. He seems nice..
At 15:30.. Nice bgm.. Good old Suite Bergamesque/Clair de lune by Debussy.. I love this music since G-Senjou no Maou visual novel reading times..
This anime is very atmospheric so far.. First episode is so great it almost makes me teary..
Jan 4, 2022 6:05 PM
Aug 2021
This looks like a great anime to chill and relax to, very yuru campy, but even slower, more low energy and calm. It is also a lot more minimalistic, and I like the music in this one a bit more so far (although some of the choices are a bit conventional).
It also succeeded in somehow making riding a scooter such a cool and fun thing to do. The moments of solitude are also portrayed beautifully. The protagonist is extremely likable, and the bearded scooter shop keeper is such a nice guy.
Feb 23, 2022 7:14 AM
Dec 2014
I like slow slice of life shows, but this one is on a whole 'nother level of slow lol.

ExoticPineappleFeb 25, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 3, 2022 3:26 PM
Apr 2022
Enjoying the whole show, not just episode 1, but thought I'd leave a comment here..., even though I dont ride bikes.

Artwork is sublime! Better than Akebi.

From reading the comments pity the show got review bombed on Ep1, likely by people who hate the product placement and tourist promo, otherwise would deservedly do better than the current rating.
Jun 22, 2022 11:56 PM

Mar 2013

I think Koguma is adorable, especially with her timid personality.
From the first episode, we get to see her bike, which is going to be very important in her life. Her personality might have to get some time to get used to imo. However, I think she's a very friendly person, just not to easy to open up to others.

I quite agree, just seeing her explore things she hasn't experienced before has really put my mind at ease for some reason.
The old guy selling those pricey stuff just sold an old and used bike from a tragedy (I doubt that, lol) but Koguma didn't care for her passion for the Cub is more important.

Yes, she is quite an adorable character!
This solemn atmosphere is what I really like.
The BGMs were really surreal.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 26, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2020
Excuse me. This is so beautiful looking omg.
Also I loved that subtle change in brightness and saturation in certain scenes. I noticed right away since the show started off more dulled out and I like how that was planned out.
Jul 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Apr 2012
I like how self contained was this episode. The show could end there and I'd satisfied.
Nov 24, 2022 7:32 PM
Apr 2020
sanlei said:
I hate it. Probably the most this season, because it felt just very off, when i watched it.
And a friend showed me the manga and i know exactly why i hate it.

The manga has different expressions of the girl, hell even the old guy at the station has different expressions, while they like defined suffering in the Anime.

As far as overall atmosphere goes, the manga is definitely more comparable to Yuru Camp, at least when compared to their anime counterparts.

Romax24245Jun 22, 2023 8:36 AM
Dec 7, 2022 2:10 AM

May 2022
The slice of life is perfect. There is mystery, tension: what happened to her parents? Why is she alone? I can feel the potential for iyashikei. Indeed there is a healthy dose of healing in that little Super Cub. It is a beautiful little anime. Perfect for a night when you can't sleep.

The use of CGI is excellent. Shots of motorcycles and bicycles, Koguma's radio, interior and exterior shots have the detail that is only seen these days in CGI. But the people, especially Shino the motorcycle shop owner, Koguma, and Reiko, all have the hand-drawn quality of a manga, at times somewhat crude or unfinished compared to the detail of other shots, at times like they are ghosts in the more realistic world of motorbikes and schools and supermarkets...
OG_OtakuJan 15, 2023 3:07 PM
May 1, 2023 11:22 PM

Dec 2022
I loved how the colors returned to the world when she sat onto the Cub.
I also enjoyed seeing some CBR's there.
May 6, 2023 7:58 AM
Apr 2023
Really sweet start to the show! The main character is really cute and I like the general look of the show can’t wait to watch more :]
Jun 1, 2023 9:03 AM
Jun 2022
wow this ep was so smoothing and fun
Jun 14, 2023 6:25 AM
Sep 2020
very calming for me.
Jun 15, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2021
i love this and i love koguma. she's such a strong and nice person.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 19, 2023 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
This one gives strong Kamichu! and Sketchbook: Full Color's vibes. Easy going slice of life where you should not expect much drama or action, just hit play, sit back and relax. The art is amazing (except the cursed CGI we have in many titles nowadays), but some stills are extreme high level, and the animation is fluid. It reminds me a little bit of Sing Yesterday For Me without the romance and drama, that is.
Jun 26, 2023 4:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Real nice episode, I find these type of anime so relaxing.

And she also got a free helmet and gloves with her bike purchase. Though, the location of the fuel gauge just feels weird. Like why not place it where it can easily be seen like next to speedometer.
Her reaction as she's cleaning her bike is adorable.

Dec 7, 2023 2:29 PM

May 2019
Absolutely precious. She sorted it out and has her own Super Cub! Why is Koguma so CUTE?!
Dec 10, 2023 1:22 PM
Jul 2020
I really enjoyed the artwork of the first episode a very simple kind of plot just feeling kind of bad for the girl who is lonely
Dec 10, 2023 1:30 PM
Jul 2020
Does any other anime have this much asmr in it with almost everything the MC does comes with sound effects to denote what she is doing?
Feb 1, 3:25 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Swagernator
So not even grandparents ? Who pays for the apartment ? Or gas ?
@Swagernator Maybe Japanese Government support living expenses of Orphans.

Moreover in this case, it might be that parents left some inheritance (including Apartment) to her.
Feb 1, 3:30 AM
Feb 2020
It was a good start of the show. Frankly I feel they should've gone for modern art style & animations instead of late 90s or early 2000s art style.

Can't say why but its giving me a vibe, which is in no way bad but not a great one either. Lets see how story proceeds.

PS. One thing for sure, animation is quite good.
Feb 16, 4:59 AM
Feb 2024
Watched it, instantly regret not seeing this sooner.

Looks like another anime to binge watch tonight!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

126 by Vene »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.