Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2018
rip Juggernaut you were a manly man! Tamaki useless as always, she should have just died with Juggernaut lol
Nov 22, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Dr. Giovanni's new form just makes me think of The Fly skfljsdk he's EVEN MORE creepy now. i love it xD

Lieutenant Hinawa and Maki's brother are a funny duo. Their opponent reminded me of Pyramid Head's look.

The 2nd's Captain has a strong af head. Captain Obi is cool as always.
Nov 23, 2020 6:07 AM
Nov 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Insign said:

Did tamaki killed infernals while juggernaut was down and couldn't do anything yes or no?

Yes

What would had been the chances for juggernaut to die in that condition if she wasn't even there to assist?

100%

You call her useless i say she definitely did something maybe that something was not worth for you but she actually saved his ass while he was down.

Against any actual opponents she is pretty much useless. Check the tape. She never holds her own compared to any other powered 8th member.

Yes she didn't holded on her own because all the enemies she faced so far were stronger than her.
Rekka was a lieutenant
Assault was very strong
Orochi was not as strong as assault but definitely she was stronger than rekka.

You do realize she is a nun right? Do you know what is the job of the nuns in fire force?
Definitely no combat but they are praying for the salvation of the souls also even formation wise they put the nuns behind people who can actually fight because nuns are like support.
Haven't you ever played mmo ,rpg or a strategy game in your life? Imagine if in age of empires you had priests front line ...

To make things easier for you to understand what i am talking about imagine expecting a dude who works as a pizza boy to be able to beat in 1 vs 1 melee combat someone someone who is fighting in mma.

I doubt the pizza boy would be able to beat someone like that no freaking way.

Same goes for tamaki she had no experience , she knows no martial arts or have/had combat train (she comes from the 1rst brigand which is a brand of the church who are mostly priests and nuns) asking someone like that be able to beat or hold his own against someone who is possibly 10 times stronger than him i think you ask for really stuff that would make the power scale to look bad.

InsignNov 23, 2020 6:15 AM
Nov 23, 2020 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Insign said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Against any actual opponents she is pretty much useless. Check the tape. She never holds her own compared to any other powered 8th member.

Yes she didn't holded on her own because all the enemies she faced so far were stronger than her.
Rekka was a lieutenant
Assault was very strong

You do realize she is a nun right? Do you know what is the job of the nuns in fire force?
Definitely no combat but they are praying for the salvation of the souls also even formation wise they put the nuns behind people who can actually fight because nuns are like support.
Haven't you ever played mmo ,rpg or a strategy game in your life? Imagine if in age of empires you had priests front line ...

To make things easier for you to understand what i am talking about imagine expecting a dude who works as a pizza boy to be able to beat in 1 vs 1 melee combat someone someone who is fighting in mma.

Same goes for tamaki she had no experience , she knows no martial arts or have/had combat train (she comes from the 1rst brigand which is a brand of the church who are mostly priests and nuns) asking someone like that be able to beat or hold his own against someone who is possibly 10 times stronger than him i think you ask for really stuff that would make the power scale to look bad.

She just started taking nun training this year. If you remember correctly, she used to be in the 1st division as a fireforce soldier, not as a nun. As a soldier, she should be able to take out some decently strong opponents. It’s not like she is an unpowered pizza deliverer, she is a TRAINED Fire Force soldier (remember that all soldiers need to undergo combat training). Yet her role is always relegated to damsel in distress or fanservice.

I would assume that she gets stronger and more useful as some point, but right now she has been useless in actual fights.
Nov 23, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2020
This is getting super spicy. Can't wait for the next one!

Mess with waifu, lose your laifu
Nov 23, 2020 7:18 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! no Tamaki power-up...
at least we have some captains here huh...
4/5.

Nov 24, 2020 2:55 PM
Nov 2020
Blue_Maroon said:
Insign said:

Rekka was a lieutenant
Assault was very strong

She just started taking nun training this year. If you remember correctly, she used to be in the 1st division as a fireforce soldier, not as a nun. As a soldier, she should be able to take out some decently strong opponents. It’s not like she is an unpowered pizza deliverer, she is a TRAINED Fire Force soldier (remember that all soldiers need to undergo combat training). Yet her role is always relegated to damsel in distress or fanservice.

I would assume that she gets stronger and more useful as some point, but right now she has been useless in actual fights.

She is a part of the fire fighting force obviously because their religion and the whole situation they fight is intertwine.

She participated in the rookie tournament although she is not considered as a fire fighter or soldier she is a nun she comes from the 1rst brigand division.

The 1rst is part of the church so she a nun in the papers she is not like shinra who went to a fire fighting academy and honored his skills.
Nov 24, 2020 2:57 PM
Nov 2020
SomethinRandumb said:
Seems like there's never really any drama in this show. Most things are treated as a joke. Shinra is pretty boring too. It has it's moments but yeah, not standing out to me as anything special.

There were deaths but they were nameless grunts and that guy who was just used as a device to further develop Juggernaut. Not saying there has to be main/side characters dying but there was little emotional impact, hard as a viewer to care when fire soldiers dying by the dozens is treated in a comedic way.

I do not think those moments were done to develop emotions for those fodder characters i think the point is that this a tough job and people die like jonas who will never get married his woman or anton who will never see his child because both were dead.

Nov 24, 2020 6:01 PM

Jun 2019
Insign said:
Blue_Maroon said:

She is a part of the fire fighting force obviously because their religion and the whole situation they fight is intertwine.

She participated in the rookie tournament although she is not considered as a fire fighter or soldier she is a nun she comes from the 1rst brigand division.

The 1rst is part of the church so she a nun in the papers she is not like shinra who went to a fire fighting academy and honored his skills.

Yes, the first is the closest division to the church, but she did not have any nun training. It is only THIS SEASON while she is at the 8th that she undergoes nun training. She was considered a fighter in the rookie tournament, she has never been dressed in nun clothing or stated that she was a nun in the first season.
Nov 25, 2020 9:31 PM

Jul 2016
Considering how cringy Juggernaut's last words to Tamaki were, I really hope he died.

As for Tamaki... she was still useless here. Not as much as other times but still. I respect the intention she had of protecting Juggernaut's body tho.

Overall, another so-so episode. Maki's brother recriminating Hinawa for supposedly deceiving his sister was really annoying to see and to be honest, the 8th.'s first visit to the Nether back in S1 was way more engaging and interesting that this one.
Nov 25, 2020 11:38 PM
Apr 2020
Dr. Giovanni abandoned his humanity to be a human insect. lol

Maki's bro is so overprotective. That Iron is a knucklehead. lol

Captain Obi and Captain of 2nd are physically strong, enemies are one hit KOed. lmao

Shou with a lipstick in the preview. What are you doing Haumea? lol

Nov 26, 2020 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Gathering Fire Soldiers to get fuel for a "bomb" so they can blow up the entire Nether to take down all of Tokyo Empire aswell, quite a Savage plan.
They could have given Tamaki this fight to prove herself but instead they go with the usual stuff, like come on they were just some trash mobs let her kick their ass... no? at least one of them? no? ok, whatever... guess this is just how they will handle this character until the end of this story.
Viktor made it back to safety, nice! And on top of it he even got to grab Tamaki's ass, Lucky him! Considering the situation he was in it couldn't have gone much smoother.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 29, 2020 7:09 AM
Aug 2016
To be honest I thought Company 2 will be as strong as Company 8 or even stronger than that but seriously, I thought the appearance of infernals are as normal as a thieves and thug above the ground, so what so special when they are in neitherworld.

Its the white clad who are difficult to handle. But still, Company 2 are too weak at every aspect.

Hope Juggernaut survive, he needs to see his cute potatoes.
Dec 3, 2020 11:37 AM
Sep 2020
All of Tokyo?! That’s big
Dec 9, 2020 7:29 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck this shit man Juggernaut did die. But what about those pyramid heads? They took down a few of them is it ok to assume they're dead then?
Dec 13, 2020 4:23 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That insect theory is cool, i'm taking some tabs on it.
Dec 18, 2020 12:02 AM

May 2015
I thought Tamaki was gonna have her powers awakened or something. She got protected again
Dec 21, 2020 7:46 PM

Aug 2015
Lots of action going on with Shinra and Arthur fighting Giovanni, Tamaki almost being killed by those two white-clad members who were defeated easily by the captains - damn they are strong af.

Giovanni will always give me the creeps.

Lol that scene where Arthur thought he saved those two soldiers, wonder if they survived or not, doubt they did lol

That cliffhanger at the end though
Dec 23, 2020 9:54 PM

Aug 2019
Jesus christ, it's actually turned into a messed up horror house. Not only do we have the undead, but we also have an insect abomination of "The Thing" roaming around the underground. Honestly i'd at that point let Ritsu fucking blow the place, even if it takes tokyo. I'd also like to say, you could probably find somewhere in the show the point where Giovanni lost it, but honestly at this point i certain he's just always been like that.

Maki definitely seems to have the overprotective type of brother, i can understand his view for not wanting Maki to continue fighting in the 8th. Never knew he was a second gen pyro user though, maybe it runs in the family? Also funnily enough, while he and Lieutenant Hinawa were arguing it out, they actually made a pretty good team, taking down that purple haze member.

God, i'm happy Captain Oubi finally had his moment. You don't fucking underestimate Captain Oubi. Pyro user or not, he'll break your knee caps then cave you're skull in like apple pie. Straight up K.Oed the guy in a single blow, props to him.
Dec 23, 2020 10:05 PM

Aug 2019
Illyricus said:
Ritsu's so hot. I love how many attractive female villains this series has.

Latom brother.

Even though Ritsu has only been shown this season, she's definitely a personal favourite for me out of the White-clads.
Mar 5, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2018
Juggernaut... T_T

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Mar 5, 2021 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
Maki was used a heatshield was a funny moment. Although her brother is still way too overprotective.

Giovanni turning half insect was a weird twist.

Not surprised that this entire mission was a trap but I didn't think it would be for such an extreme reason.
Mar 6, 2021 7:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I'm genuinely surprised how they fit so much into one episode without making it feel to rushed.

Gotta givr respect to Juggernaut, he fought till the end and saved Tamaki. Tamaki in turn protected his body from becoming an infernal as well. I am disappointed she didn't get more time to shine, especially during combat. I thought she was going to take on those white clad, but it was over in an instant, which again is just disappointing.

Maki's brother is a nutcase. He doesnt understand the first thing about his sister. I still hate how no one put up a fight about Maki leaving. I'm hoping she's able to make a glorious comeback.

Gionvanni is offically a freak of nature. I thought maybe he was just a robot controlled remotely, but now it's clear he's experimented and modified his own body. The bug stuff was horrifying.

Now Shinra needs to keep himself from being captured, or else all of Tokyo is going under.
Mar 21, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
more tamaki grab ass. yawn, shit is so overplayed. as a fire force soldier she's pretty weak though

this father and brother constantly whining about maki is annoying af

first the necro pyro girl says she has all the fuel she needs in the nether due to all the dead bodies. then she says she didn't have enough fuel until fire force squad 2 entered. make up your damn mind. and blowing up the underworld to sink tokyo...cool. i guess. what's the purpose?

some of these fire abilities are getting out of hand though. as in, less and less "believable". and giovanni turning himself into a bug? *eye roll*. the more outlandish these abilities become, the less i care about the story overall
May 5, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
Man, Tamaki is still so weak. I thought she'd finally get a power boost in desperation to save Juggernaut.
Jul 9, 2021 3:53 AM
May 2020
literally a few episodes ago the evangelists saved Tokyo from destruction now the necro lady wants to undo that. make it make sense bro
Feb 11, 2022 9:25 PM

Mar 2016
I do hope Juggernaut is alive and have only simply passed out, Tamaki did a wonderful job keeping him safe until reinforcement arrived. Speaking of reinforcement, they made an easy job of the rest of those KKK members, both Ogi and the 2nd Company Captain one-shotted these arrogant bastards so easily, lmao. Even the ultra-muscular guy was taken down relatively easily by the combination of Maki's brother and Hinawa's marksmanship, wtf, these guys are actually so pathetic, only Orochi was any challenge at all, and I bet if she were to face Shinra, she would not have been able to anticipate Shinra's speed and mobility. Bruh the Purple Haze squad is a joke, they're only a real treat for those who aren't as combat effective.

On that note, Tamaki and even Hinawa really need to up their game, though being a sister, I get why Tamaki hasn't had the time to polish her battle skills, however for Hinawa, couldn't he just bring some incendiary bomb to battle. If he could manipulate projectiles he shot and increase its kinetic energy from surrounding thermal energy, he could just blow up some firebombs and shot some bullets, essentially creating a portable rail gun without having to collect flames from all around the city like before.
Mar 13, 2022 2:08 PM
Aug 2018
hope juggernaut stays dead
Jun 6, 2022 12:41 PM

May 2020
Wow Tamaki is still damn useless, and I bet she will remain so for the rest of this series. Also someone just make mister overprotective brother shut for a moment please.

And no as if Juggernaut's gonna die.
Aug 20, 2022 6:31 AM

Apr 2013
And here I thought Tamaki would finally start fighting seriously... bit disappointed. Also Maki's brother needs to shut up.
Jan 8, 2023 9:05 AM

Nov 2020
Giovani makes his appereance again
Aug 16, 2023 4:11 AM

Oct 2022
Tamaki is so much wasted potential, which sucks cus i really like her fire ability. It feels like a lot of the main cast has pretty much stagnated when it comes to their powers at this point.

Nov 10, 2023 11:13 AM

Jul 2023
As if Giovanni couldn't become any creepier.
Obi defeating that guy with sheer physical strength was really badass.
May 12, 1:17 AM
Dec 2022
The fights in the Nether world get intense. Shinra faces an old adversary that has become more stronger. Will he be able to defeat him?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

93 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

86 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

127 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 12, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.