Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Great webcomic with a strong message. Koreans are good at dramas.

I like how a big chunk of the story is conveyed through art, which is simple in general, but expressive. The occassional use of color where it's needed, is clever, and leaves a powerful aftertaste to the reader.

I think it could have shown more stuff from the adulthood of the protagonist, but I also appreciate that the author didn't drag it (like everything nowadays). This story would make a good movie. It reminds me of The Road with Viggo Mortensen.
Oct 25, 2020 2:21 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Dunno man, felt pretty pretentious. Also, to me, the ending doesn’t match the rest of the manhwa’s tone.

Nice art though.

5/10
cchiguOct 25, 2020 2:43 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2019
Fantastic manhwa, did a lot with a little

9/10

"๐™‡๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ... ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ... ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ฎ... ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ... ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™จ๐™ž๐™™๐™š. ๐™‹๐™ž๐™˜๐™  ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. ๐˜ผ๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง... ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ซ๐™–๐™ก๐™ช๐™š."
Feb 4, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2021
9/10 made me cry pain. Pain.
Feb 22, 2021 6:14 PM
Mar 2014
7/10

I suppose the point of this was pain and it was necessary for the author to convey that but I suppose I still prefer happy ends
Apr 6, 2021 3:12 PM
Jun 2017
I enjoyed it. The sorrow and horror of life goes along with the joys and wonder of it. The boy eventually found his happiness in order to keep on going.
Apr 9, 2021 6:30 AM
Jul 2020
I couldn't stop thinking about this 10/10
Apr 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2019
Oh, that was a pretty good ending, seems like a new child came along too. Old boy's teaching was made in a cute way too.

I thought the storytelling was silly, plot devices too, but this only lived to tell a message. I quite liked thinking about the themes for the most part here. Complex messages require simple answers. We need to stop thinking so damn hard.

7-8/10
May 7, 2021 6:26 AM

Nov 2020
This was absolutely incredible. 8/10
I really enjoyed it and when I think of art in Manga+etc this is what I think of. Absolutely incredible
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
May 11, 2021 9:25 PM

Feb 2020
Wow that hit really hard, I almost cried at a few points. 7/10
May 31, 2021 2:22 AM
Dec 2020
10/10, this is the third manga that has ever made me cry or at least tear up, too good.
Jun 2, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
10/10 for me, the art had something refreshing about it and managed to show the despair of war and loss while also having a ending that makes you smile. All in 21 chapters.
Jun 27, 2021 7:57 AM

May 2020
I'm glad that it ends with a message of hope.

Overall, this is a pretty decent manga. Its fatal flaw and the reason I'm giving it a 6 is because of all the text and philosophising the author did and some of the poor writing.

At its peak this manga is a masterpiece, delivering everything it needs to say through the art alone. Get rid of the unnecessary text and this manga would've been an easy 9/10.
Jun 27, 2021 2:53 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
TitanInsane said:

Overall, this is a pretty decent manga. Its fatal flaw and the reason I'm giving it a 6 is because of all the text and philosophising the author did and some of the poor writing.

At its peak this manga is a masterpiece, delivering everything it needs to say through the art alone. Get rid of the unnecessary text and this manga would've been an easy 9/10.
Yep, the author feels like a newbie writer trying to seek attention with all the pretentiousness. That said, I agree, if there were no cringe narration, it would be a decent manhwa.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 5, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2017
A bittersweet ending. The boy, having finally found happiness, either succumbs to the illness (unclear if it's the same illness that took the passengers on the bus) or is finally at peace with his past and the loss of the girl. Though I think the former is a more likely interpretation.
I wonder how the boy came to live on his own after being found by the soldiers. Did they all die in battle, leaving him alone once more?

Yes, there are some points that push the limits of believability. But, IMO, this isn't meant to be a realistic work but a commentary on how individuals and groups might act in certain situations. Some would sacrifice what little emotional comfort they had left to try and save others (the dying people leaving the bus willingly), others would break down and revert to a nigh-animalistic state (the strange chimpanzee-ish man whom the children meet), and others set new rules and try to find a new purpose even if it ultimately leads to self-destruction (the sniper doctor).

Yes, some parts are melodramatic on purpose to tug at your heartstrings, like almost all of the passengers of the bus succumbing to the illness after escaping from the war, or the last conversation between the girl and her father, or the girl getting shot out of nowhere after finally coming across other kids her age.

IMO, the message of this story is finding a reason to keep going in spite of things looking hopeless now, because there might be a light at the end of it all.

All the characters find reasons to either stop and end it (like the woman with glasses, whose depression leads her to suicide) or keep moving in hopes that things might somehow get better eventually (the children continuing their walk, the girl's father hoping until the end that he'd return to her). Some find a new purpose, like the sniper who lives for revenge which he tries to dress up as a positive, or the driver who keeps his promise to look after the children after their parents pass away, or the boy who finds a new family.

10/10 work for me, even if the art is a bit hard to decipher at times (mostly the chickenscratch parts).
Aug 7, 2021 1:01 AM
Jun 2021
I am so glad I gave this a chance. One of the best experiences in manga/manhwa I've ever had (all in 21 chapters which is crazy)
Sep 3, 2021 12:09 PM
Sep 2021
10/10 for me, tugs at your heart strings and nearly made me cry. Great message throughout and a wholesome ending.
Sep 18, 2021 7:23 PM
Jun 2017
Some parts felt forced, some others not developed enough, but it still managed to have me at the edge of my chair.
A bit of a shame that the girl had to die, but alas, it wasn't innatural in such a world.
The ending scene was very good, though. I suppose the author is a Christian, isn't he?
Judging by the use of crosses in the graves and the hand with a hole at the end, I'd say he may probably be one.
Based.
8.5/10.
Sep 25, 2021 12:03 PM
Feb 2021
cchigu said:
TitanInsane said:

Yep, the author feels like a newbie writer trying to seek attention with all the pretentiousness. That said, I agree, if there were no cringe narration, it would be a decent manhwa.
it was an amazing manga but what made u think it was being pretentious?
Sep 25, 2021 12:08 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Draconic137 said:
cchigu said:
Overly self indulgent narration preaching meaningless messages about finding hope. And not being subtle at all.
Sep 25, 2021 12:21 PM
Feb 2021
cchigu said:
Draconic137 said:
Overly self indulgent narration preaching meaningless messages about finding hope. And not being subtle at all.
cchigu said:
Draconic137 said:
How is finding hope a meaningless message? Just becoz things don't go ur way it doesn't mean u lose hope and do nothing :/
Nov 30, 2021 4:08 PM

Mar 2020
this started off great but took a nosedive near the end

the man in a suit arc was 10/10
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Dec 22, 2021 7:22 AM

Apr 2021
A Manhwa good and bad.....beautiful and ugly....It's perfect in a way and has it's flaws too...But hey I had a good experience reading it.....
8/10.....
Jan 6, 2022 8:35 PM

Oct 2020
it is a Masterpiece
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Jan 8, 2022 5:49 PM
May 2019
A good short read for sure . I enjoyed the beginning of the story but tbh i didn't like the timeskip !
overall 7/10
Feb 8, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2017
My first Manhwa and possibly my gateway drug into Manhwa as a whole. This story proceeded to kick me in the nuts and then give me a warm hug in the end. The hug won’t make my nuts feel better but it is nice.
Apr 12, 2022 6:00 PM

Apr 2018
Most of the story is told through the art, the dialogue was limited but you got the gist of the story. The boy found his meaning to live after suffering from certain problems. Having lost his love of his life, he continued to go on with living. Which brought him happiness by finding a couple that resembled him and the girl. Well, I'm glad he managed to save himself from drowning. Back to the Horizon.

8.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 27, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2020
This manhwa was fucking incredible! Short but strong!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Aug 27, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2021
loved the art 8/10 glad I read it
ScuzzyBearAug 27, 2022 11:09 AM

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Sep 13, 2022 8:50 PM

Nov 2013
Great manga. Surprisingly good ending.

I thought the way the girl died was really dumb (they got startled into firing their weapons by a missile???), but otherwise it was pretty much perfect. I love the ending. The boy was able to finally cope with the girl's death by finding a family.

That said, it took longer than i'd like to admit for me to realize that the couple was completely different from the two kids in the forest.

9/10
FunnyRatmanSep 13, 2022 8:59 PM

Oct 5, 2022 2:31 AM
Mar 2022
i didn’t cry but i definitely did feel how sad it was. 8/10
Jan 25, 2023 2:50 PM
Jan 2023
the art and the characters are amazing :)
Feb 7, 2023 9:47 AM
May 2022
Vei achei esse manhwa muito bom, so achei a morte da garota meio forçada pra continuar a historia. O garoto merecia um pouco de felicidade, e eu gosto de finais felizes então é 10/10
Mar 7, 2023 3:28 PM

Feb 2019
This? This messed me up good. I'm holding back on spitting some curse words.

I somehow wanted to know how the life of the boy truly ends, the story seems unfinished. But it felt he figured it out he shouldn't give up his willpower for anything if he wanted to experience the beauty that's left of the world until his last days.

Apr 10, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2021
I couldn't really read the manga through my tears. Too sad to be good
May 8, 2023 3:23 PM

Nov 2013
I'm not giving this 10/10. The atmosphere felt too odd for me. The author could've made the world and the war more realistic. I've seen uncensored horrors of war. Read the stories. The war in this story is akin to zombie apocalypse, alas zombies have guns here. I'm still pissed at the girl dying too. Yes, war is hell and people can die any second "just like that", but I think we already got this message in earlier chapters! Why make the story even more traumatic and unfair? Killing her after a random missile exploded and the forest-boy fired his gun at her in fear... Too cruel when you remember this is still a fiction and author could've done things differently. Less people would cry then I assume, and not consider this to be a 10/10 masterpiece too. MAYBE.
Tragic events are more memorable than happy ones. One can argue we were emotionally manipulated, but let's not tarnish the manga entirely. It's still a good piece of work.

Yes, it's certainly reassuring that we see a hopeful ending, though the way things kept going in this manga, a rogue missile may annihilate everyone at any second, or there may be a landmine or a stray bullet from out of nowhere, so I didn't feel at ease at all. The whole war felt random and exaggerated when it comes to killing civilians. Like I mentioned before, shooting at unarmed women and kids at random in the streets is not something that was done on mass even during ww2! Characters didn't seem to know why the war was happening and what was the reason for such extreme hate! It also felt like everyone was living somewhat normal lives and such massive and deadly war began in an instant - as if aliens suddenly invaded out of nowhere and started blasting. This is what I meant with the atmosphere feeling odd. I think the author didn't do enough research on this topic and focused 90% on philosophy and drama.

Back to this chapter. The girl will grow up and want to travel the world one day. She seems energetic and happy. An innocent girl like her alone in such chaotic world... I don't even want to imagine how awful her life may get.

Dunno, I just don't feel happy at all, or positive. The ending tells me to be hopeful, maybe the war is over, maybe the girl will grow up healthy and find a good man. The story is so saturated with negativity, I just don't know how having such hopes doesn't make me a pathetic dreamer in denial. Odds are too great for a bad end for all involved... Guess it depends if one decides to just accept whatever end they envision: be it a happy ending with sunshine and rainbows, or stay gloomy and negative and hateful.

Perhaps I need time like MC too, to cool off. I binged this manga after all. For now I'm giving it 8/10. I can be sensitive and hate when cute things get hurt or die, especially if they're young and innocent. No matter how realistic, the story is still a fiction and I don't think I'm glad reading yet another tragic story. High score is what got me interested but I still think most people gave 10/10 while crying their eyes out and full of emotion. IMO it's good but not THAT good. Koreans do like making drama waaay more dramatic. 
Sigmar-UnberogenMay 8, 2023 3:29 PM
May 27, 2023 2:17 AM

Jul 2021
Really emotional. The story keeps you hook in due to the realities of war, leading many destroyed lives and building properties. While it also put more nuance into the panels, it's easy to figure its own simplicity story-wise. As of this chapter, I'm glad the couple had a child (But wonder how can they may possibly go far away to take care of it) and the old man seems to have a refreshing state of mind, while again, he should cherish it until the day it lasts~

8.5/10
Jul 26, 2023 4:56 PM
Jul 2023
I ended up giving The Horizon another read and here I am fighting the urge to not cry again. After re-reading the manhwa, I definitely understand it much better; there's a lot to take in and everyone's point of view on this story can differ depending how they took it. 
Aug 20, 2023 8:55 PM
Aug 2023
So, in the end the hardship of life continues. The suffering is endless, but love and company of others is blissful escape from those hardships. It's like a wave "it comes and goes - pain and suffering"
Sep 7, 2023 9:51 AM
May 2021
Woww didn’t know what to expect when reading this!
Oct 16, 2023 6:45 PM
Jun 2023
A darkly beautiful masterpiece about life, death, and love
Jan 12, 7:25 PM
Sep 2023
I did not see the appeal of this series, the art want that great, except maybe the couple color pages in volume 3 but the story was pretty boring.
Jan 18, 12:42 AM
Jan 2023
I am sobbing. 10/10. Keep moving forward.
Feb 16, 5:52 AM

Feb 2021
So that's how it ends... I thought that He's gonna suicide too and drown in despair. But it's different and like how the story ends!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 1, 3:10 AM

Apr 2022
this is the first manhwa that i've ever enjoyed. i've only read generic power fantasy ones before this so i only viewed them negatively but wow, this one changes everything. beautifully written, not a lot being said but the message still gets across. love how there's plot points that come full circle. the art looks amazing too, looks like manga art. unlike the other ones where it's always long strip so i was surprised by this. 9/10 this is fucking peak and it had me crying. the only reason its not a 10 is because its too short, i feel like it could've explored the world more still but given what we have, this is amazing. depressing, but amazing.
Apr 17, 2:42 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah, I don't know. I loved the art in this and particularly enjoyed the passages that managed to tell the story purely with images. However it also tried a little TOO hard for my taste. The whole thing is so bleak that I caught myself almost laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. The message to keep going despite literally everything turning to shit and no hope being in sight is fine. There can always be something of the other side of the dark tunnel that gives your life new meaning, but were decades of suffering worth it? I don't know. I think it was conveyed in a pretty nice way in any case.
Jun 9, 4:41 PM

Jun 2019
A beautiful story this was, full of so much sadness & darkness indeed, yet showed us the power of love, kindness and keeping on.
GeoRushJun 9, 5:05 PM
Jul 16, 11:26 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to cchigu
Draconic137 said:
cchigu said:
@cchigu I know this was a long time ago and you might have changed since then but meaningless? You know what's meaningless a life explained by cells and matter, a life where death is the end, where nothing you do means anything. That's the whole point of the comic. The main character falls into a state of depression as everything he's ever held onto has been removed from him. Every earthly desire stripped away as he's desperately trying to cling onto something he calls his own, a relationship, a home, etc. The ending represents salvation from something that can't be stripped away from you which is Jesus's love. Jesus loves you and will forever love you, his comfort will save you at your weakest. I really enjoyed the symbolism of the lamb and the snake, and I felt they portrayed Jesus's existence well as the best I can describe it from a personal interaction I had was comfort, picture the best hug you can ever receive, as the warmth from the holy spirit is ignited and warms you, almost as if fire can heal instead of burn. This story is a hyperbolic representation of all the pain and suffering that each of us faces everyday, that same pain and suffering sometimes seeming endless and overbearing. However if you can walk with Jesus and find his love, you begin to realize that this pain doesn't define your life, this suffering doesn't only lead to a meaningless death. Instead your suffering with be extinguished once you enter your lords love and care, the sins you committed will be forgiven, and you will be able to live eternally in heaven through God's great glory.

I don't know where your state of mind is now granted this was about three years ago but I hope you can open your mind to these words. I see your watching Vinland Saga and that's a great anime/manga. If you ever want to talk about this stuff don't feel shy to message me and we can discuss your problems with Christianity or your questions. I myself am a young Christian (catholic) who recently started re-practicing about a year and 2 months ago, so we can kinda help each other out. But at the very least I hope your viewpoint on life is in a better state than it was then as that rabbit hole can get scary. I also sort of wrote this comment to dismay people from also seeing the text from only this point of view. None the less I hope we can chat soon and you have a great day/night.
Sep 10, 4:23 PM
Jun 2024
guygyy8uguhjgbhjbnkjio

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Horizon Chapter 20 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Oct 23, 2020

10 by carol945 »»
Sep 5, 5:53 PM

Poll: » The Horizon Chapter 8 Discussion

NaughtyNoddy - Oct 22, 2020

9 by carol945 »»
Sep 5, 4:20 PM

Poll: » The Horizon Chapter 3 Discussion

ElivanSwordman - Apr 15, 2021

7 by carol945 »»
Sep 5, 3:21 PM

Poll: » The Horizon Chapter 17 Discussion

25 by Amatsukaze24 »»
Jul 14, 2:59 PM

Poll: » The Horizon Chapter 13 Discussion

5 by Amatsukaze24 »»
Jul 11, 3:21 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.