Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It looks like they're getting into the more serious parts of this show. That Valery guy also seems to have some interest in Sakura? I don't trust him though.

Not bad for the action but I'm still trying to get used to the CGI. Valery is definitely someone to keep an eye on for this season.
Stark700Apr 17, 2020 7:45 AM
Apr 17, 2020 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
Valery, Leyla and Klara were designed by illustrator Mika Pikazo.
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79168568
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/80544895

They were designed for the anime, and do not appear in the source game.

Apr 17, 2020 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
I honestly wonder if this whole thing has just been a cover up from the Russian team to just take over the world or something. Because it honestly feels like there is more to their plans than meets the eye.
Apr 17, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2018
Why was Layla wearing that mask when she didn't show any sings of being burnt or hurt in any way? He said they became like that because they were hurt.
Apr 17, 2020 1:34 PM
Jul 2019
Well it looks like Hatsuoh's ego got crushed...
Apr 17, 2020 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
damn best girl Hatsuho got defeated so bad huh

and that Moscow squad are powerful as fuck

so ye its really confirmed now that Klara attracts demons
Apr 18, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2015
Its most often the red heads who let themselves get out of control and ruin things. Wonder what they going to do about there demon magnet. Something also suspect with that crystal the Moscow dude retrieved. I suspect the masked person senses some dodgy business going down.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 20, 2020 12:43 AM

Jul 2017
The Moscow Revue makes its "red carpet" entrance with Captain Valery, he's definitely that suspicious character right from the get-go.

As for the demon magnet Klara, she's the source of business for nefarious plans.

And the Moscow members are as strong as they say, very OP and overwhelming against the Imperial Revue. More than not, Hatsuho's ego and pride destroyed in that moment.

More to come...
Apr 21, 2020 11:29 PM

Oct 2017
Wow such power difference between them and the moscow team. I hope the girls somehow get stronger.
Apr 23, 2020 5:21 AM
Mar 2012
Nice action fighting fast godzilla. lol that captain. Quite a few obvious mysteries are brewing from team Moscow, sounds like demon enhanced powers there, and somehow Klara attracts demons.
Well they lost partly from Hatsuho's poor team play, but also their mech weapons appear weaker than what Moscow showed.
Apr 24, 2020 4:53 PM

Nov 2009
gophercg said:
Nice action fighting fast godzilla. lol that captain. Quite a few obvious mysteries are brewing from team Moscow, sounds like demon enhanced powers there, and somehow Klara attracts demons.
Well they lost partly from Hatsuho's poor team play, but also their mech weapons appear weaker than what Moscow showed.

Not just attract, but Klara also can sense if the demons are coming.

Which also suggests the Moscow team somehow are involved with the Demons and they have powers related to Demons (hence the increased powers when their eyes grows red)

And probably why they know exactly where the demon's weakness is and aim right for it.

___ ___ ___

Also... fast Godzilla = American Godzilla (smaller than original Godzilla but faster like a rapter)
amlgApr 24, 2020 5:09 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 26, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
This episode did not really excite me, the narrative was too telegraphed and its evolution was already clear. However, I am still interested in seeing what will happen in the future. Not bad the quality of the CG and the animations. The mechanical design of the Moscow troop is beautiful. I like the soundtrack, especially the opening.
May 13, 2020 5:30 AM

Dec 2009
It's pretty pointless to show how strong the Moscu team is compared to the protagonists when as far as we know they're super weak. They beat some mobs in episode 1, couldn't beat 5 on 1 a robot in episode 2 and were completely useless agaisnt the first real enemy.
Might give this one last chance because this couldn't be more cookie cutter.
May 14, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 2015
Grim1952 said:
It's pretty pointless to show how strong the Moscu team is compared to the protagonists when as far as we know they're super weak. They beat some mobs in episode 1, couldn't beat 5 on 1 a robot in episode 2 and were completely useless agaisnt the first real enemy.
Might give this one last chance because this couldn't be more cookie cutter.

Well ,if you play the game , you know how strong the team is . They win the tournament and save the world while Moscow lose right at first round .

The anime show that , the team morale affect their ability to fight and the important of their Male captain which i remember in old sakura war they explain the male is require to balance the Ying and Yang in spirit
heropon223May 14, 2020 6:06 AM
May 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Dec 2009
heropon223 said:
Well ,if you play the game

I haven't so i don't care. Each iteration has to stand on it's own or it's poorly written.
Jun 16, 2020 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
WTF now they changed Azami into a ranged unit!? She didn't attack like that in the game! Guess her high-count combo strikes were too hard to animate for this studio, huh.

And the fact that 5 of them weren't able to take down that one big guy when in the game they were dropping them left and right is dumbfounding. Did whoever is directing this even take a look at the game before starting?

Also it's very disappointing that the producers for this franchise decided to completely give up on steampunk aesthetic. I mean, those Moscow spirit armors looked like freaking aliens straight outta Warframe, firing lazors and shit. Their mothership too. Once again, is the studio aware that this is supposed to take place in 1930's Japan??

tokidoki921 said:
Why was Layla wearing that mask when she didn't show any sings of being burnt or hurt in any way? He said they became like that because they were hurt.

Yep, this and Leyla's red eye were totally not suspicious at all. It's like the writers for this anime are completely oblivious to the concept of subtlety.

heropon223 said:
The anime show that , the team morale affect their ability to fight and the important of their Male captain which i remember in old sakura war they explain the male is require to balance the Ying and Yang in spirit

If i remember correctly this explanation was provided in 2000 anime which was it's own thing and is not canonical to the games, so i really don't think this is the case here.

Grim1952 said:
heropon223 said:
Well ,if you play the game

I haven't so i don't care. Each iteration has to stand on it's own or it's poorly written.

What do you even mean by that? So if this anime, which is a direct sequel to the game, contradicts it's own prequel, it is not a poor writing in your book?
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 17, 2020 4:07 AM

Dec 2009
Genoard said:

What do you even mean by that? So if this anime, which is a direct sequel to the game, contradicts it's own prequel, it is not a poor writing in your book?

I have no idea what happens in the game, so i don't know if there's a contradiction and if there is one i don't care. I'm watching this as a standalone anime and it doesn't stand on it's own, that's what i meant.
Jul 8, 2020 12:52 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit Hatsuho, don't go attacking on your own...two times in a row....

There is quite the power difference there between the two teams mostly due to the bad team morale of the japan team

Oct 10, 2022 9:09 AM
Dec 2017
yep the moscow team is pretty op af

Mar 4, 1:00 AM

Dec 2022
Not much of a dub person normally but man, Amber Lee Connors KILLS it as Hatsuho. What a voice.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

61 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 1, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

15 by Magito »»
Oct 18, 2022 5:19 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2020

14 by Wakashimazu »»
Oct 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

29 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:29 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.