Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2020 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This should be it.

I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 20, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2010
Pullman said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This should be it.

Damn animation is great, and the theme is important -

but this song is just not good. Vocals are poor.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jul 18, 2020 6:41 PM

Dec 2015
I love the lyrics, but the voice.... omg, I almost couldn't finish it
Sep 14, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like it at all. It looks like these 14 yo kids romanticizing mental health issues and suicide. The symbolic is very very basic for suicide and over the top like her eyes crying literal waterfalls etc.

Normally I like to mix up dark stuff with cuteness, because it creates this uncanny feeling, BUT here it's about a real girl's suicide as far as I know and I don't like the execution too much.

But I still like the animation.

6/10
At first I wanted it much higher but eeh... that one is very impiously
removed-userOct 5, 2021 6:21 AM
Sep 30, 2020 9:20 AM

Aug 2016
The vocals are great, if Shinsei Kamattechan wasn't Noko singing with a filter on his voice and they brought in a proper J-pop girl singer it would ruin the appeal and atmosphere of their music entirely.
Jan 7, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
I don't like it at all. It looks like these 14 yo kids romanticizing mental health issues and suicide. The symbolic is very very basic for suicide and over the top like her eyes crying literal waterfalls etc.

Normally I like to mix up dark stuff with cuteness, because it creates this uncanny feeling, BUT here it's about a real girl's suicide as far as I know and I don't like the execution too much.

5-6/10

Really concerned about the reviews and this forum thread regarding this video; pretty sad to see we might never get over the whole stigmatization of "weebs" being NEETs with little to no knowledge about issues like these. I've seen more empathy regarding this topic in imageboards than here which is just mind boggling to me.
Jan 7, 2021 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Lewdasaur said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

5-6/10

Really concerned about the reviews and this forum thread regarding this video; pretty sad to see we might never get over the whole stigmatization of "weebs" being NEETs with little to no knowledge about issues like these. I've seen more empathy regarding this topic in imageboards than here which is just mind boggling to me.

Uhm okay then ... ?
Not falling for cheap symbolism = having no empathy lol?

And btw I doubt they even asked some of her bereaved, if they are allowed to make a video about her story. Looks more like they took advantage of her story tbh.
Jan 19, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Lewdasaur said:

Uhm okay then ... ?
Not falling for cheap symbolism = having no empathy lol?

And btw I doubt they even asked some of her bereaved, if they are allowed to make a video about her story. Looks more like they took advantage of her story tbh.

There's not a lot of "cheap symbolism", in any case the song is pretty straightforward regarding the issue they want to tackle; not everything has to have some surreal hidden meaning, if they want to talk about suicide and depression I personally think it's much better for them to do so in a straightforward manner. I completely understand not liking the song for many other reasons, but this is just... lol
Mar 15, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2020
I used to not like Shinsei Kamattechan but I started I started liking his singing style and stuff like that, this song was really good. I really liked everything about it. It was based on the death of Ruru-chan. I liked everything about this song, it was a nice song.

8/10.

Shinsei Kamattechan is cool.

Poor vocals is the entire point.

Mar 28, 2021 3:03 PM
Feb 2020
I find it sad that people are missing the point of the voice. They say he sings badly but it’s a happy faked painful tone to match the lyrics. I assume people haven’t read the lyrics but the message certainly isn’t one note. People fake their mental state to keep people and especially family from worrying. Many days I find myself doing the same so that’s where I’m getting that insight from. 10/10
Apr 8, 2021 10:54 AM

Nov 2020
If you think the vocals are bad, that's the point. Many Shinsei Kamattechan songs are also like that.
May 13, 2021 11:30 PM

May 2015
Are you kidding me, the vocals are the best part
Like all Shinsei Kamattechan songs, the vocals and rhythm of the song are meant to be like that to provoke strong emotions and discomfort for the listener. It's a form of art transmitted through pain. It's probably labeled as noise music.
It's like the MAL dementia tag but for music lol

This one is more intense from the the same band

Feb 18, 2022 2:50 PM

Feb 2020
That was so bad...
Mar 30, 2022 4:32 AM
Dec 2020
well I think Shinsei Kamattechan's singing style is very distinctive and can feel goosebumps

So 10/10
May 12, 2022 4:05 PM

Jul 2019
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1t5411p7T4

----

I expected a little more ngl. Maybe understanding Japanese would really help. Maybe I just didn't deep this probably. I might save this for another time. Who knows. It was an odd experience tho for sure.
Jun 2, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2021
Man, that was good.

Also, contrary to popular belief, I liked the vocals. That was being sung by a grown-ass man. Making that voice is hard asf. Respect the dude's dedication. Also, it's made so that it sounds as if Roro herself was the one singing, because, one of the final remaining archives of her live stream consists of her playing the piano and singing (in somewhat mediocre vocals)

The visuals were great!

RIP roro-chan
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Oct 1, 2022 3:59 PM

Nov 2018
I come back to this not oftenly but every once in a while since its release. A very dark and sad yet beautifully emotional song about the infamous case involving this poor girl. What a tragedy dear God. I don't think much can really be said at this point but to help and support any person in need of help whenever it may be necessary. Excellent animation also must be praised here, it's wonderful.
Dec 19, 2022 7:15 AM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Amazing song. Great Melody, vocals, and animation.

r.i.p. the world was too hard on you rorochan

Feb 5, 2023 7:06 PM
Mar 2019
I really like this, but if i had not read it's about Suicide, i might not have known.
Must watch again to see.
Mar 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Aug 2016
FYI Noko is non-binary
Apr 17, 2023 7:30 AM
Dec 2020
I recently found out about the background of this song (with a two-hour YT video about roro and more (it's Polish video)). This song isn't just focused on roro (which was probably the most popular one), but on the phenomenon of suicidal livestreams. The colorful music video and cheerful melody is for me the perfect metaphor for what a cheerful life we show on the internet. It is sad that all these people did not receive help. Please, if you need help, don't be afraid to ask for it.
Jul 20, 2023 1:20 AM
Sep 2014
I don't comment on stuff very often, but I feel like it's appropriate here. I can't give you're anything higher than a 1. Less than a 1, it's disgusting and depraved for a company, for human being to actually glorify and profit off of a child's suicide. People have said that it's a catch-all for suicidal streams, that it's not just about Roro-- yet it quite clearly was. Fat cats are profiting off of a song and illustrated telling of a child that was pushed to suicide from how depressed and desperate they were for attention. Tits is genuinely my most hated video on YouTube, and it baffles me that people try to defend it.
Oct 5, 2023 6:35 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

Maybe change it to just the link. The video is age restricted so the embed ain't working.
(even getting the link, YT wouldn't let me play it)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Oct 25, 2023 10:07 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to SheyCroix

Maybe change it to just the link. The video is age restricted so the embed ain't working.
(even getting the link, YT wouldn't let me play it)
@SheyCroix
I was able to get it to play by turning off my adblocker.
I know that you have obviously watched it by now but it may be helpful to others.
Nov 7, 2023 5:47 PM

Nov 2012
animation was nice but the singers voice doesn't seem to mesh well with English...sounded a lot better singing the Japanese
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 27, 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
I like the works of Shinsei Kamattechan, they even reached AOT despite the lack of vocalities. That aspect of their songs is what makes them great. It's like they're doing it on purpose.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.