Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 4, 2019 1:42 PM

Apr 2012
jacobpaige said:
Why would the drones be against her killing people? She's from a family of ninjas. Killing is a huge part of what they do. Her grandfather said as much in the first five minutes of the film, and her father never spoke against her joining the family business, and in fact, left her a bunch of lethal weapons in case she decided she wanted to. She was the only one in her family that ever expressed any reluctance to kill when the situation called for it.

It makes no f'ing sense for the drones to be the ones to stop her. She should have either killed Mia and regretted it (which would have required the authors to put a f' ton more effort into getting us to care about Mia prior to that point), or she should have stopped herself, and then dealt with the emotional backlash of failing to avenge her family. If anything, the drones should have been the ones egging her on, yelling at her to kill her target quickly.

This movie had a lot of problems, logical inconsistencies and plot holes, but this one I can't just brush passed and ignore. Its just not worth watching if they're not even going to bother trying to maintain internal consistency.

This is called the Hollywood Pacifist. The message "killing people is bad", which gradually turns into "you can kill people if they are very bad" due to the fact that the show needs to justify violence and action in it.
Dec 15, 2019 5:17 PM

Apr 2012
Stylish enough but the youko suit and Melissa being a CPU felt a bit like reaching.

Looking forward to the sequel though if it ever comes out.
Dec 26, 2019 6:12 PM

Dec 2019
Not a huge fan of this one. Sci-fi isn't really my thing, neither are ninjas, and this is a combination of both. The animation was of course good, but the design didn't really stand out that much, it was just sort of 'meh'. If this was more drawn out like an actual series and they focused more on the day to day life with the detective work and slowly finding out information about the corporation it would have had a real potential to be good. They introduced the detective job and then forgot about it almost immediately after, even though that's just when the movie was getting kind of comfy. It really reminded me of the Daredevil TV series (only watched like 5 episodes of it, but still). However, the movie is too short and so the action sequences were too close together and it ultimately just ended up being a little boring. More character building was needed for this to be an actual good anime. Higher end of average.
Jan 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Sep 2018
Here in the first place, we must ask ourselves from what perspective to see this movie, because if taken as a prologue to a possible anime series, of which it is the beginning of the story, then it has a different thickness value; if, on the other hand, it is a thing in itself, it goes without saying that we are dealing with a product that is not excellent in terms of plot or technical quality. The film itself is not bad even if, on closer inspection, the plot resembles that of a series B film: too obvious as a story, and the role of the protagonist on being and appearing is strident. Very good quality of the drawings, excellent animations, not the same level as the CG and not even the backgrounds in almost all contexts. Pretty catchy soundtrack, but the real gem is the ending; I liked that very much for its sounds. Another thing that I liked, were the choreography of the fighting.
Terrablu2018Jan 25, 2020 11:13 AM
Feb 4, 2020 3:47 AM

Dec 2016
I felt bad for Mia to constantly being used as a lab rat by his maniac father and worse manipulating her :/ It made me mad! I'm glad Rikka made a stop to his evil intentions.

What a twisted ending >>; That new president and his smirk is definitely bad news! Even so it was an enjoyable movie. 7/10

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 18, 2020 10:03 PM

Apr 2015
I really hope a sequel gets made, I really liked this movie. Character's were nice and their designs are pretty be cool.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Feb 24, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2010
what a bloody average movie.(animation aside)
absolute waste of time
5/10
Mar 11, 2020 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Was hoping for a tv-series, but well this was fine too

SAAAAAAME!!

The credits started rolling and I was shaking in my seat and really wished there was a whole series of them because I needed more of the chemistry between Rikka, Mia, and Melissa DX They're so adorable together and I want to see more of the trio, especially now that they're all in the same team.

The action was super solid and the plot, while moving a little too fast just for the sake of character development, was just engaging enough for me to get invested in it.

A+ movie and would highly recommend.
Apr 17, 2020 8:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This show prove promising way to seen as an action figure show. Look what we get there, cute girls doin some badass epic battle against mad scientist who get stronger upon - idk the name of the machine - thing. I like that concept, surprising me for the start, and get shock with their major turn point. Yet, its main idea get old in family matters problem, but when the cute girls involved there, who can deny her loss? I decide to continue watching only want to get more result to the villain. However, the problem got wider than before.

Mia appear as a girl, who turn into a tool to killing her dad and grandfather. Heroine gone mad, and again epic battle got charged pretty quick. Then the result gone to generic lame excuse. Save both of them? No killing? Such a shame!

I may skip some parts, even with the Mellisa truth identity. Because i mad with their lame issued to solved main character development feelings. I mean, the battle animation was good, i like the desain of the characters too. I mean, yes cute girl seems so promising, and adding some Ninja style would be good for battle scenes like that in Japan cultural. Indeed, the result get pretty cliche, and i hate that happen. But, my bittersweat was the lame persona the heroine had. No, dont be like that, girl. You just lost your charming for that nonsense! Hell, i dont have a problem with that typical attempt in the first sight. But, when the duration come to the end, this movie become more bored. Alas, i love three of them, not with their personalities. I mean, their character refusal mean nothing to the action figural. Shit just shown up to the very last, then. If only their ending get more conclusion too, im pretty sure get this movies had a 10 points for me.

But, studio refuse to do that. They keep this show look more into selling brand, which is somehow fail to bringing any attention. If only, if only they are going full budget, this show will truely become masterpiece. But, no, this is how their crew torn apart to defeat Brad. Like this show, never get its result to finish what they start.

8 shall fit enough already, because i feel so generous to pick what i like. If only....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 25, 2020 3:53 PM

Jan 2010
This wasnt that great, really predictable and unoriginal but its not all bad,the worst part clearly its not having an ending.
May 22, 2020 5:22 AM

Oct 2007
Rikka's grandpa is badass, looks like he died still standing!

Glad that Mia is actually a nice person, so no need to kill her. Also it looks like Mia's dad died giving that last command? Good riddance.

Surprised that Melissa is a robot or at least another experiment?

A bit of a cliffhanger. They haven't defeat that evil bald guy yet....
Jul 28, 2020 12:45 AM

May 2020
This is a good show but it's too short. If in anime it is 1 - 4 episode. Need more sequel of this. Good fight and has different plot, futuristic vs traditional is a nice compilation. Rikka loli was too cute I want adopt her.7/10 good show

Aug 2, 2020 1:45 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty good movie, a little ham-fisted direction here and there, but enjoyable. I hope there’s a sequel, but I doubt it will happen.
Feb 7, 2021 9:46 AM

Feb 2019
It should have been a series and have a little more focus on the backstory, felt more like a prologue.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 27, 2021 9:09 AM

Aug 2019
Shame it couldn't be better, the art is nice but the characters forgettable. I couldn't find myself caring for them.

"...fatih, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

"I began to trust the world [...] to give unforeseen goods and pleasures that I had not thought to want."

Jan 3, 2022 2:18 AM

Jan 2021
In theory I should be giving this a 10/10 because on paper it has everything I love: ninjas, kitsune masked ninjas, animal helper ninjas, but this movie completely fell off the rails for me. All the characters are one dimensional. The villain is a generically evil mad scientist who is too cartoonishly evil to even take seriously. When he leaned his head back and did that thing with his hand to his head it had to be a parody right? That is so cliche they couldn't have really thought it would be cool, right? Mia is betrayed by her father repeatedly yet is still dumb enough to keep believing he's changed only to get backstabbed again which is the only thing keeping the plot moving forward. Rikka is a terrible ninja, yelling at her opponent alerting them of her presence right before attacking and takes an enemy unit directly to her home base where (surprise) the villain finds and destroys. As for ninja action, she only has two attacks: running head first into you with her sword and throwing some weak fire bombs. She wouldn't have survived at all without her robot animals doing all the heavy lifting for her. Her 7 year old version was way more of a ninja badass than the 16 year old version that ended up taking over the film.

Story is a by the books revenge plot packaged like a superhero origin movie. Some parts looked like they were copied directly from Batman Begins, like her in her silly makeshift ninja windbreaker, though admittedly the one scene where she threatened the guy by throwing him off the roof was cool and her best moment, but still seemed like a copy of Batman's scene where he strung up the guy upside down in the alley to interrogate him. Then the movie shifts to some X-Men film with people flying around shooting lightning at each other. Where is all the cool ninja action? For it being Rikka's origin the main focus was on Mia's issues with her father, which were pretty superficial.

Reading the earlier posts about how what we got was salvaged from a 24 episode series really explains a lot. It really felt disjointed and stitched together. Like at the time the cat rescue scene seemed silly but it established her camo was weak to damage. But then there was never any payoff to that where she was hidden, took a hit, and her identity was revealed, so why include any of that? Then the part at the end where she just happened by pure luck to fall into an area of the lab that despite being destroyed she finds laid out on a counter a perfectly mint condition hologram of her family saying just what she needed to hear at that exact moment and unveiling a new super suit they planned to give her for some reason before she had any inclination of being a ninja. It's just so cliche it's insulting. I compared it to Batman and I love Batman but if you're going to rip it off, do it right. I would never want to watch this again but if there's a sequel I'd give it a chance now that all the origin backstory is out of the way and they can focus on developing the main three characters of this team they seem to have formed. But if there is a sequel Rikka really needs to step up her game and learn some new skills because she's pretty lame for a ninja at this stage.
Jan 7, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2020
Animation was good for action scene, story was decent. But it couldn't quite capture the intensity needed due too slow paced scene but rapid story skipping and shit direction at times. Plus there is the open ending.

Overall ok, but forgettable
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 18, 2022 1:38 AM

Oct 2020
This was a very fun movie. Sad that it's a movie and not a series.

Sep 12, 2023 8:44 PM

Jul 2016
Disappointing movie. Fast-paced with a ton of plot inconsistencies and I don't know about others but I found the writing/dialogues incredibly cheesy for a supposed revenge story.

3/10 - Fights and character designs were nice tho.
Feb 11, 5:04 AM
Jan 2024
heheh boy
i vietnames
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Sequal / Continuation?

ariesclark - Oct 5, 2019

20 by JustMyself »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

» Black Fox Movie Soundtrack?

barricuda - Oct 5, 2019

7 by mclovin_san »»
Nov 30, 2021 4:09 PM

» So what's the deal with this Live Action BLACKFOX?

FateHero - Nov 30, 2019

0 by FateHero »»
Nov 30, 2019 10:09 PM

» Crunchyroll's page lists it with "Simulcast on Fridays 10:00am MDT"

Jaces_Sanctum - Oct 4, 2019

0 by Jaces_Sanctum »»
Oct 4, 2019 10:59 PM

» BLACKFOX Special Preview on Crunchyroll!

TokyoFate - Sep 27, 2019

12 by ariesclark »»
Oct 2, 2019 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.