Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2018 3:03 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool episode, with the end of the fight between Ning and Yin, as well as the destruction of the fortress.
Damn this was a really scary episode, with Yin losing control, and with the cannon almost destroying the Empire in one shot.
Since Zhao lost his vision, Ning and Zhao are now together as one complements the other, that's quite cute actually haha

And so it ends.
I kind of liked the 1st half more than the 2nd, but overall i think it was interesting and fun to watch, i would 100% watch a 2nd season, and might even check the Taiwanese drama one of these days.
7/10
winddevil1Jan 5, 2019 6:24 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2013
Acceptable ending, not as good as I imagined it would be, but acceptable. Tbh, the conflict is still going, since only the traitorous general was beaten, and the Empress (who now has became colder) and her underlings are still in control of the Empire, so the fight of Yin and the rebels hasn't ended yet. At least both Ning and Zhao ended alive, with a price, but alive.

Wouldn't mind a second season to conclude the story properly, but since only Yin and the Empress would keep being relevant (since the ending basically rendered Zhao and Ning useless to perform what they were good in), I'm not sure if I would like it as much as this one, mostly because I don't find the supporting characters all that engaging.
IllyricusFeb 24, 2019 3:45 AM
Dec 24, 2018 4:42 PM

Oct 2015
This was a sad episode indeed, Zhao lost his eyesight and and Ning lost her limbs. Pretty bad stuff.

I thought Zhao would die in a self sacrifice crusade, but I'm glad he didn't. As for Meng, he died in a stupid way possible and kinda deserved it for his stupid revolution.

Cheng is still bent on destiny and wants to conquer the world for the empire, I guess she can't escape it. I guess it is now up to Yin to stop her, on that note I hope there will be a season 2 for their first meeting.

Overall I liked this show, it kept me entertained for the last 13 weeks with all the drama, action and jealousy. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 25, 2018 12:44 AM
Mar 2012
Oh man tragic romance & Cheng tragically stuck with fate. Guess Yin & Zhao are kind of happy as they compliment each other.
At times minor story points didn't make sense and inconsistent art, didn't like it when it went full power rangers, but at times action was cool and always had tense changing relationships that I cared for that built an interesting story beyond just fighting. And always liked the op/ed music thanks Mizuki.
Dec 25, 2018 2:49 AM

Jan 2016
When I watched this episode, I thought one of them are gonna die but oh well this ending is acceptable too.. even better in my opinion.

I was hoping to see some kind of war like at Arslan Senki or Shoukoku no Altair but what I got is a bunch of people with super powers instead, those rebels and troops just got shot by the cannon and poof~ nothing left...

Sadly the story is not finished yet and it's a cliffhanger ending.
Dec 25, 2018 9:17 AM

May 2018
Ya know I would have preferred for Ning and Zhao to die, Too bad for the ambitious Commander Meng, but anywayz the ending is acceptable, now if this were to have another season , It would be Yin vs Cheng, since the Taiban army hasn't been defeated yet.

So romance wise Zhao ends up with Ning.
Dec 25, 2018 1:28 PM

May 2016
Hmm, okay yet disappointing ending. I think I would have liked this more if Cheng had gone down a path of redemption rather than just remaining who she is because of it's her fate and she believes she can't change it. The anime pretty much ended the way it started, nothing was really resolved other Zhoa's love life. I'm not sure if they do a second season how they will be able to carry on from this. Overall, decent anime but it could much more.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Dec 25, 2018 9:09 PM
Aug 2018
I was hoping for better ending as I think this is a good anime. They throw many twists in storyline, but in the end everybody survive, only the commander died.... yeah, I was expecting more. I think all of the episodes were very good, except the ending. Well, at least the ending was okay.
Dec 26, 2018 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
oh how tragic!
Ning even lost both her legs!
And as for Pu Zhao he's blind lost both his eyes!
as for Yin, she's still with the rebels.
So that's it? no more continuation? feels like we're just half way through the series...
4/5.
7/10.

Dec 26, 2018 10:11 PM
Nov 2018
I was afraid 13 eps wasn't going to be enough to conclude anything satisfactorily. Ep13 became the weakest in the show. Pu Zhao just pulled out a random Giant Mecha from Japan too. The whole attack on the giant flying laser cannon zhengtian was underwelming. There was no sense of urgency I honestly felt. Also why would the ground troops attack the front of the cannon too? Thats just asking to get shot at.

The final few episodes really didnt do the show justice. Yin's rebel comrades stayed as interesting as a rock. The whole family thing I thought was pretty dumb in it's execution. Even Zhao's maid had me more intrigued as well as his second in command.

Also, wtf? Yin's sworn brother and sister basically ditched the pilot of the giant mecha who helped them. As well as ditching Yin herself by most likely escaping through the hole Zhao made with his mecha. Some sworn family members they are. Ep13 honestly felt like a poor last minute rush scrapped together episode. A lot of the things like what I pointed out didnt make sense. How will the empire even stand a chance anymore against the rebels without Zhao's machinations and knowledge on controlling the black fire?

As for the final scenes. Ning has a chance of returning to action. She just needs those magical magnetic bamboo limbs. Zhao can somehow become a wise blind man still capable of creating giant mechas if the script so calls for it too.

I'd love to see a 2nd season but I honestly dont have my hopes up high. The rest of the story has a higher chance of being told through the mobile game it was based off of. I want to see Empress Cheng take claim on Pu Zhao's love. Turn over all of China to look for him.

Despite the lackluster rushed job in the final episode, this show is still my favorite of this season.
Jan 2, 2019 1:24 AM

Mar 2009
Bittersweet end. They all somehow survived, yet they lost a lot. Can't believe Ning lost all her limbs. Poor girl. And Zhao's blind now. Jesus...

Personally, I liked the characters. And I found them realistic. I sympathized with and pitied both Ning and Cheng. Cheng is now stuck with her fate of being an empress trying to rule over everything, despite being a young girl; and now she has to deal with the realization that she killed her father. All the characters had a selfish side, including Yin. Was it not selfish to save Ning's life? Ning didn't want to be saved anymore and she was tired of being protected. And of course saving Ning's life comes with the high price of Ning having no legs.

I kind of liked this show overall, honestly.
Jan 4, 2019 6:05 PM
May 2009
Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki ended on an avalanche of converging plotlines. An avalanche so fast that it rendered everything blurring together losing distinction. What is left isn't precisely poor, but nor has it the development that is required to be good.
Feb 8, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2010
Disappointing ending was disappointing
Feb 24, 2019 10:59 PM

May 2010
OVerall really really underrated. I wish Cheng and Zhao made up at the very end.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 1, 2019 2:53 PM
Jul 2014
omg without arms and legs :(
Nov 7, 2023 12:24 AM
Oct 2023
I like this episode Because it’s about the sisters and the childhood friends, new beginning but I wonder if there’s going to be a season two
Nov 7, 2023 12:26 AM
Oct 2023
I like this episode Because it’s about the sisters and the childhood friends, new beginning but I wonder if there’s going to be a season two

More topics from this board

» Will there be a 2nd season?

Ash_In_Space - Aug 24, 2023

0 by Ash_In_Space »»
Aug 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 8 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 19, 2018

15 by nightcrawlercyp »»
Jul 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 10 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 3, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 7:27 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 6 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 5, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 3:43 AM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 2 Discussion

Illyricus - Oct 8, 2018

17 by Confucius »»
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.