Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Aug 2016
Hello Internet, and welcome to Behind the Meme, where we take a look at the meaning and origin of your favorite memes and trends! Today, we have a look at Pingu in the City.
I've been seeing many requests in the comment sections to my videos for Pingu in the City, but did not have the time to make a video about this meme until now because I was busy making videos about other memes that I personally wanted to explain. You guys wanted it? Now you have it! Here. We. Go!

pingu in the city started off as a switzerland stop motion animation, which was then made for british tv instead. and now 11 years after it ended it is back as an anime:

ピングーの奇妙な冒険

this animation transcended the world of anime, pingu being so well known created a hype storm. then it was added to myanimelist causing everyone to give it 10/10 and the legend to continue

so basically because pingu is rated so high it displays how pointless the top 100 anime system is, so because your fav anime is in the top 10 doesn't mean anything because the scoring can be manipulated in any way just like today. and people wanting this removed from mal because of its score or creating alt accounts to down-vote everything that isn't their fav anime are dumb

and it is funny, only people with no sense of humour find it un-funny

Pingu in the City started off as unknown chinese cartoon and has evolved into a very well-known Internet meme found across MAL and the World Wide Web.
But hey, that's the Internet for you, and on the Internet, memes are keeng! Thank you all so very much for watching! Make sure to subscribe so you can catch my next video and stay up-to-date on all your favorite memes. Who knows? You may learn about a meme you never knew about before. I'll catch you beautiful people next time!
RoryBurrowsOct 8, 2017 2:07 PM
Oct 8, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Nooooooooooooooooooooooot Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
Oct 8, 2017 2:02 PM
Jan 2014
Not a very good analysis. Didn't even touch on the origin of the meme.
Oct 8, 2017 2:03 PM

Jan 2017
NOOOO GOD NOOO OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD WHY OH MAN OH GOD
Oct 8, 2017 2:04 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Well of course you would find it funny OP, children like you are it's target audience.

HAHA the penguin said NOOT NOOT

So funny.

Meanwhile, all these racist Pingu in the City reviews are pretty unfunny tbh.
Oct 8, 2017 2:08 PM

Aug 2016
ItsXolo said:
Not a very good analysis. Didn't even touch on the origin of the meme.

i fixed it for you, please enjoy my detailed analysis
Oct 8, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2016
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Well of course you would find it funny OP, children like you are it's target audience.

So funny.

shit u got me there, time to pack up my bags as a comedian
Oct 8, 2017 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
I don’t understand how this anime is getting so much praise from the community. I used to watch the penguin when I was younger so I don’t understand how people over the age of 15 can find this funny
「なぜ私は死を恐れなければならないのでしょうか?私がいれば、死はないのです。死があれば、私はそうではありません。

2007年以降の視聴
執着した
私は死を恐れない。

物事は死ぬか、または破損したままです
しかしリターン:
頭部は首に再接続し、
全体の死体が白っぽくなり、新しく伸びる。

時々、私は同じアニメやマンガを忘れて、同じレベルの興奮でもう一度やり直すことを願っています。

私は選ぶことが多すぎるので、お気に入りを選ぶことはできません
2017年11月1日以降

このように何日が過ぎましたか?
この街は群衆が衰退しつつあり、動いています...
私はたまにあなたがどこに行ったのか疑問に思いました
ストーリーは、孤独、失われた内に続きます...
2017年11月29日の午後11時58分

マークスマンになるためのトレーニング
2018年1月3日3:50 pm

私の孤独で幸せ
2018年3月13日午後5時12分

Aug 2016
Or perhaps people just like the show and were fans of it back in the day?

Aug 2010
Where's the most important part??? NOOT!

ピングーの奇妙な冒険

Nice touch there with the other meme boi
Oct 8, 2017 2:12 PM

Sep 2016
You know, it's kind of sad that all the salt over the Gintama vs FMAB ended up creating the most cancerous meme since the" Jojo reference" shit. But who cares, NOOT NOOT.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Oct 8, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
I find it funny how sensitive people get over this animated penguin.
Y u mad?
Oct 8, 2017 2:45 PM

Aug 2012
It brings tears to my eyes to see Pingu get accepted in this community.
Oct 8, 2017 2:53 PM
Aug 2016
Pingu is the cure for every deadly disease known to humankind.
Oct 8, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
RoryBurrows said:
so basically because pingu is rated so high it displays how pointless the top 100 anime system is, so because your fav anime is in the top 10 doesn't mean anything because the scoring can be manipulated in any way just like today. and people wanting this removed from mal because of its score or creating alt accounts to down-vote everything that isn't their fav anime are dumb

If people like it and they give it a 10/10 it displays none of that stuff you just said.
Oct 8, 2017 2:59 PM

Nov 2016
JFuji said:
Or perhaps people just like the show and were fans of it back in the day?

If That Was true then the top 3 Anime on M.A.L Would be Pokemon,Sailor Moon And DBZ
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
people seriously need to stop saying "chinese cartoons"
like we get it, u make bad jokes.
Oct 8, 2017 3:19 PM

Jul 2017
haha.

so funny and original.

i mean ur so funny op xdddddddd
Oct 8, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2015
What the noot did you just nooting noot about me, you little noot? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Noot Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Nootda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in pingu warfare and I’m the top chef in the entire US noot forces. You are nothing to me but just another egg. I will wipe you the noot out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my nooting words. You think you can get away with saying that noot to me over the Nooternet? Think again, nooter. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of stealth noots across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the noot storm, nootgot. The noot storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your noot. You’re fucking dead, kid. It's high noot. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare feathers. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed nooting, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Noot Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable noot off the face of the continent, you little noot. If only you could have known what unholy nootribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your nooting bill. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will noot fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re nooting dead, pingu.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 8, 2017 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
RainyRai said:
I have over 300 confirmed kills.

Lol, I think you mean over 300 noots!
Oct 8, 2017 3:38 PM
Jul 2018
One should never explain memes, unfunny people can't understand fun and inside jokes, they don't like fun, so why should they care? When explained like this, it kind of loses its charm.
Oct 8, 2017 3:42 PM

Jun 2016
This has plagued my MAL more than ecchi hate threads and shounen recommendations I'll never watch.
Oct 8, 2017 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
It's not a meme, fuck you, Pingu in the City is legitimately great. Unless later episodes take a sudden turn/drop in quality I plan on writing an extensive MAL review as to why it's so great once we hit the six-episode mark.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 15, 2017 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
CatSoul said:
It's not a meme, fuck you, Pingu in the City is legitimately great. Unless later episodes take a sudden turn/drop in quality I plan on writing an extensive MAL review as to why it's so great once we hit the six-episode mark.

exactly. the reviews says it all how amazing this anime is.

Oct 16, 2017 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

So funny.

than naruto, JoJo and HXH is shit for adult like me, adult like me should only enjoy mature shows like crayon shin-chan...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 16, 2017 12:19 AM

Jun 2017
do i need to travel back time to watch this show , or go to illegal anime site and watch this?
Just some guy from Lithuania.
Oct 16, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
RoryBurrows said:
so basically because pingu is rated so high it displays how pointless the top 100 anime system is,

There are more crucial anime shows listed in top 100 that has no place there, i think that is more important than this. This is just the escalation of inactivity of competent.
Oct 16, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
/r/anime just created this meme by mass upvoting it to a perfect score anyway
Oct 16, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2015
This post is literally the only funny thing about the Pingu meme that has come out thus far.

I don't expect anything else funny to show up either...
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 16, 2017 7:28 AM
Jan 2015
I am the noot of my noot

Noot is my noot and noot is my noot noot

I have nooted over a thousand noots

Unnooted to NOOT

Nor noot to noot

Have withstood noot to create many noots

Yet those noots will never noot anything

So, as I noot , Nooted Noot Noots!
Sep 6, 2018 8:42 PM

Nov 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFGqhEVr7lk
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the [urlhttps://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/swordart10ass.jpg=]Site & Forum Guidelines[/url].
Sep 8, 2018 1:34 AM

Jul 2017
Nooooooooooooot Nooooooooooooot

More topics from this board

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - Yesterday

12 by Doukanon »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

102 by LenRea »»
6 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
7 minutes ago

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - Yesterday

37 by LenRea »»
9 minutes ago

» day 100 of watching shonen anime

GDjkhp - Yesterday

15 by LenRea »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.