Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was entertaining especially when Agumon showed up. What an appearance! Gatchmon and Agumon in the same place.

Man, I got some nostologic vibes from this episode. Seems he is still a badass yet friendly enough to get along with Haru. Nice to see Wargreymon too!
Aug 11, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2015

Next ep Astra eoisode
Into the Internet!
Aug 12, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2016
So it was Haru's Agumon, kinda. He made more impact in this series with his brief appearance than some reccuring characters ever did.

And WarGreymon and the original Brave Heart were awesome.

There was no need to strike that, Tri can suck it hard. This single episode gave more Adventure feels than most of Tri.

Astra episode next. I'm guessing they are doing character episodes for now, until they get to the plot-oriented ones. The one after Astra should be Eri's episode.
And if you count Hajime's rescue and finding Bootmon as Rei/Hajime episodes, then there's only a Yuujin episode left after that (which I hope will explore his red eyes and his creepy mom).
Aug 12, 2017 6:20 AM

Sep 2015
Tigerdrenalin said:
So it was Haru's Agumon, kinda. He made more impact in this series with his brief appearance than some reccuring characters ever did.

And WarGreymon and the original Brave Heart were awesome.

There was no need to strike that, Tri can suck it hard. This single episode gave more Adventure feels than most of Tri.

Astra episode next. I'm guessing they are doing character episodes for now, until they get to the plot-oriented ones. The one after Astra should be Eri's episode.
And if you count Hajime's rescue and finding Bootmon as Rei/Hajime episodes, then there's only a Yuujin episode left after that (which I hope will explore his red eyes and his creepy mom).

Maybe someone had enough about my hate toward Tri since movie 3

They should be already doing God level power up since there is no more time
ZBlastHistoryAug 12, 2017 6:23 AM
Into the Internet!
Aug 13, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
I am so happy I'm not the only one who felt that this episode does the pacing, build up, evolutions and battles FAR better than tri. No hour-long evolution sequences, gorgeous WARP SHINKA, smooth animation (albeit CGI) and comprehensible fight choreography. Brave Heart was the cherry on top.

ZBlastHistory said:
Maybe someone had enough about my hate toward Tri since movie 3

And no, tri. can never get enough hate. (^.^')
Aug 13, 2017 8:59 AM
Sep 2015
I feel sorry for people that doesn't watch Adventure so they don't get the nostalgic feeling.
But then again, people who already on episode 45 of Appmon are usually a true Digimon fan so almost all of them already watch the whole franchise.
Aug 13, 2017 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
I loved seeing Agumon and WarGreymon.
Aug 14, 2017 3:26 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, they managed to ruin the easiest of fan service episodes. App Mon continues to try and outdo tri as the worst Digimon anime.
Aug 14, 2017 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
well agumo showed up...pretty pissed he was viewed as a game character...I was still hoping they will link it to the digimon series...oh well great episode nonetheless
Aug 14, 2017 10:25 AM

Dec 2015
Great for nostalgia. Useless as always for what little story there is to save.
But I admit I stopped thinking rationally as soon as the evolution sound and Brave Heart music started.
0~5/5

@phantomfandom In the West, right? Because in front of the ir TV, there were surely mainly children who never saw it. Making me wonder if the "anniversary hommage" was more for the parents potentially at their sides.
Rei_IIIAug 14, 2017 11:05 AM
Aug 14, 2017 11:03 AM
Sep 2015
Rei366 said:
In the West, right? Because in front of the ir TV, there were surely mainly children who never saw it. Making me wonder if the "anniversary hommage" was more for the parents potentially at their sides.

Yeah, I mean outside Japan cause some Japanese kids that happen to watch Appmon may haven't seen Adventure yet.
About anniversary homage, from business point of view we can't deny that Toei make Tri to milk the money from nostalgic feeling, but I give Tri 'extremely good' review because it plays with my emotion so much I've to forgive them for making a 6 part movie instead of TV show.
Aug 15, 2017 5:03 AM
Sep 2012
Well so this Agumon he is a different Agumon from Adventures? So people know about Digimon in this show, interesting.

The episode title did trick us, I am glad they didn't make Agumon the villain and Bravehart, I was so pumped up, so nostalgic. Great episode.
Aug 15, 2017 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
phantomfandom said:
Rei366 said:
In the West, right? Because in front of the ir TV, there were surely mainly children who never saw it. Making me wonder if the "anniversary hommage" was more for the parents potentially at their sides.

Yeah, I mean outside Japan cause some Japanese kids that happen to watch Appmon may haven't seen Adventure yet.
About anniversary homage, from business point of view we can't deny that Toei make Tri to milk the money from nostalgic feeling, but I give Tri 'extremely good' review because it plays with my emotion so much I've to forgive them for making a 6 part movie instead of TV show.

That was Dragon Ball fault because they are bigger they even make movie to Tv format unlike Digimon who almost dead because fans are stubborn to Adventure and west localization are bad
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 2:38 PM
Dec 2012
So Digimon in this season is similiar to the Digimon in Tamers, where the original two seasons were a TV show and card game. That's neat.

Why all the hate for tri? I love the movies. You people and your stubbornness... just as ungrateful as the immature brats in the Sailor Moon fandom complaining about Crystal... You people will never be happy.

Apr 17, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
This might had been one of the worst attempts at conveying nostalgia that i seen, even worst than Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V whole arc dedicated to 5Ds, but man i couldn't help but to jump in excitement when the Brave Heart song started playing after so many years without hearing it and wargreymon showing up.
removed-userApr 17, 2019 6:02 AM
Dec 18, 2019 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
I was curious to see if Digimon and Appmon exist in the same universe and if they're at all related or able to interact with each other, turns out though that Digimon was a game within a show like in Tamers. Hm. If the kids liked Digimon, wouldn't they have pointed out the similarities between them and Appmon? More importantly, could Appmon ever make an appearance in a future Digimon game?
removed-userDec 20, 2019 8:58 PM
Dec 20, 2019 8:56 PM

Jan 2017
GREAT fanservice episode, it was so good to see Wargreymon and Globemon fighting together with Brave Heart playing.
Jun 6, 2020 9:54 PM

May 2008
I... I wasn't expecting for them to use the original Brave Heart or even WarGreymon. Even though the voice effect was weird and WarGreymon didn't look all that good in 3D, the Warp Shika, how Gaia Force looked like, and the Brave Heart usage is STILL better than what tri did.

That a meh fanservice cameo episode did that better than a continuation of Adventure is something else.
Oct 4, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2016
When Brave Heart kicked in... I felt that...

Tigerdrenalin said:

LMAO so damn true.
Feb 3, 2022 12:09 PM

Feb 2020
Yeah, WarGreymon and Brave Heart. This was a very nostalgic episode.

It was so good to see Agumon again. :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 52 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

33 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.