Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 25, 2018 8:05 AM

Mar 2017
Chariot-sensei... WHY
You inspired Akko-chan stealing her magic powers >.<
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Mar 16, 2019 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
So that's how Diana lost her magic, I knew something was going on between Chariot, Akko and Diana since Diana seems to always be suspicious with the Shiny Rod, but never expected it to be something like this.

I would really like to know the reasoning behind Chariot using Dream Fuel Spirit, it's probably for entertainment, but if it's something else I hope it would be something meaningful
Jun 9, 2019 4:14 AM
Jun 2017
TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS
Sep 27, 2019 10:34 AM

Sep 2018
Here comes the highest moment in history, but Akko still remains a young girl and does not understand the whole situation, however her facial expressions and not, are a hoot; what a pity Lotte and Sucy see each other so little during the episode. The fact that Ursula is actually Chariot, was a little telegraphed from many episodes, oh well!
Oct 7, 2019 10:52 AM

Jul 2019
Really nice episode, what a cool plot twist. I was unprepared for this :O
Nov 2, 2019 8:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow this episode... it was incredible.
So if Akko can't fly it's because of Ursula-sensei...
Dec 26, 2019 3:02 PM

Sep 2017
Hmm now it makes some sense as to why she didn't want to tell her so badly. Surprising that she was actually stealing latent magic power from people at her shows. Perhaps it was to aid her in finding the final word? But I wouldn't be surprised if it was moreso that doing something so immoral is what prevented her from getting it. Also we don't know the time frame like did she start doing the shows after giving up on the words. Then the question is why steal peoples magic? There's also the moon thing yet to be explained.

Oh shit. So Diana also had her magic taken away which is why she spent so much time practicing to get it back as a kid.
Jan 12, 2020 8:30 PM

May 2011
I was just waiting for Diana's knock on the door before the reveal. Go figure.

However, all of that becomes so trivial after the end of this episode. Wow. Things are feeling bleak and hopeless. How can Ursula explain herself to a girl who wears all of her emotions on her sleeve? The same person who gave you hope was the same who made you struggle every step of the way...

The level of complexity between the characters now just solidified this show being top-tier. I cannot wait to see how this unfolds.
Mar 21, 2020 10:26 PM

Feb 2017
Nice work on the subtitles changing colours when Croix was listing the emotions she collects.

Mar 30, 2020 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Akko, finding out that the reason she loves magic, Could be the same reason she can't even fly a broom!
Aug 21, 2020 9:47 AM

Jun 2020
This episode is very good, at all times I felt the same as Akko felt, seeing how the person who inspired you to follow your dream is not like you thought it was, feeling that everything you worked for is broken, and like Croix whom Akko she considered a very good friend, she was just using her. I will always support what is right so that one day dreams come true.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Aug 23, 2020 12:59 AM

Oct 2019
I was frankly stunned by the episode's plot twist. So Chariot was arguably worse than Croix*. At least Croix just collects "emotional energy" which can be replenished, not dreams which appear to be tied to someone's magic potential. In the name of "efficiency" Croix collects only negative emotions because they appear to generate more magic power.

That in turn might cause a war with the neighboring country, but of course she doesn't care at all - that might even be her goal, since a war would generate even more magic! So eventually she might cause far more harm than Chariot, particularly if a war breaks out. Her actions have no effect on anyone's magic but they might have on many people's lives.

The plot twist also finally resolved a persistent plot/character hole about Ursula/Chariot : why on Earth was Ursual not warning Akko about how dangerous Croix was, despite how many times Croix placed Akko in danger, and if Akko doubted her (because she is monumentally stupid) she could also reveal that she was Chariot. This is what I kept asking myself, episode after episode. Well, if Chariot ratted Croix out Croix would rat Chariot out in return. In chess terms they kept each other in check. This is also why Ursula kept delaying to reveal the truth to Akko. She obviously felt guilty.

*This is still unclear : It wasn't clarified if Chariot knew about the (permanent?) magic loss of people in the audience when she started her magic shows or if she learnt about it after the fact; and, if she learnt it then, whether she stopped her shows immediately or carried on to collect the 7 Words/spells. I am watching the next episode to find out :)
SharpedonAug 23, 2020 1:19 AM
Sep 4, 2020 1:49 AM

Jul 2014
Episode made me so sad... Though, I do admit the "I-have-a truth-to-tell-you-but-it-gets-interrupted-and-later-on-the-truth-is-revealed-at-the-worst-time" cliche is kinda annoying, but I never would have thought that the reason for Akko's lack of magical prowess was because of the events in the VERY first episode. I'm actually very sad. Although... I do expect this show to have a happy ending, so I look forward to that.
Oct 16, 2020 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
That explains everything
That plot twist is so good
I never expected that!

So croix doing what Ursula did in the past

5/5 episode!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 2, 2020 12:30 PM

Jul 2017
To think that Akko's idol was the reason why she struggles at magic compared to everyone else who normally is a witch. Pretty heavy news for Akko to take in after all this time cherishing and growing with the goal of Chariot in mind. Twist wasn't really unpredictable but really well executed in my opinion, especially since they did a build job at building up Akko and Chariot's relationship for many episodes now and formed an organic student-teacher bond between the two. All of that just withered quickly. Hopefully Chariot can provide more information to Akko regarding what happened at the show and why she did that.
Nov 3, 2020 9:46 AM

May 2016
that why diana lost her magic power, when she was kid
YurisuNov 3, 2020 11:46 AM
beware of crappy engrish
Aug 2, 2021 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
I certainly didn't expect this. Granted, Chariot's shows were not intended to cause harm, but now that Akko knows that Chariot is the cause of her not being able to ride a broom, she has sunk into a pit of depression.

Can Chariot say anything to Akko that might help her? And, is there any way for Akko to get her magic back?

Sep 13, 2021 12:44 PM
Jun 2016
Damn, this anime continues surprising me with those kind of moments. Probably one of the better plot twists I've seen. Not the most unthinkable, but still unexpected due to the nature of the show.

I was bit shocked learning that it was Ursula that took Akko's magic. Hopefully, we'll see more details in the next episodes. The previous one shows Ursula receiving the Shiny Rod, while Croix watches in jealousy. I was thinking: "Yeah, I'm guessing Ursula has pure intentions while Croix doesn't." Not to mention all the other episodes where she genuinely helps Akko.
Sep 2, 2022 3:57 PM

May 2015
Love LWA

Love Akko

Love Ursula / Shiny Chariot

Sad but excellent episode
Nov 6, 2022 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
Oh no, that was quite the reveal. I wasn't expecting that. No wonder it was difficult for Ursula to tell Akko the truth. It's a painful realization. Akko's own hero and inspiration ended up being the reason she has no magical powers to the extent of a witch. There has to be a reason this all happened. Chariot doesn't seem like the type to have done this on purpose. An accident maybe?

Andrew, dropping his demeanor to laugh and have a little fun was adorable! He's come a long way and it's nice having him open up in the story like this.
Dec 9, 2022 1:05 AM

Oct 2022
Damn, Chariot was cruel. She gave children a dream, the dream to be a great witch and then used that exact dream to steal their magic away, making it almost impossible to ever fulfill this dream.

In a way she was even more cruel than Croix who uses emotions to gather enough magic to break the seal. Chariot destroyed a huge part of the next generations of witches only to break the seal.

And seeing Akko everyday and being the reminded of the biggest mistake of her life that she can never forgive herself for...

But not only Chariot got better with this episode, the entire story did. Everything makes sense now. From the first scene where a fairy flies out of Akko during Chariot's show, taking her magic away in the process, her not being able to fly, Diana losing her magic as well, everyone hating Chariot, the sign on the moon, etc.
Jan 15, 2023 6:07 AM
Aug 2021
Despite the anti-climatic, it still end good
Mar 5, 2023 10:24 AM
Oct 2016
its like i could feel all her suffering flooding back to the forefront all at once, her childhood hero who she just discovered was her mentor was the reason for her constant failure, robbing her of the chance to succeed. almost cried man
Jun 18, 2023 9:28 PM

May 2009
This is shaping up to be a show with good plot but a...hard-to-tolerate lead main character.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 2, 10:25 PM

Dec 2022
oh my fuckin god man this is SAD
Feb 4, 10:04 PM
Apr 2018
So this episode explains a lot. I know that Croix was planning something nefarious with her cube things, but I didn't suspect that Chariot would be in the wrong. Not to condone what Croix is planning, but Akko is within her right to distrust Chariot after this revelation.
Jun 22, 11:30 PM

Apr 2016
That made my heart fall out of my chest and into the trash can :( that's what I get though. I thought I knew where this happy, light-hearted story about working towards your dream was gonna go, and it totally fucked me up. I did it to myself :(
Sep 14, 5:08 PM

Apr 2017
When your own idol smashed your dreams... That was a great plot twist. It also explains why Diana struggled to use her magic and why Akko was struggling as well.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

314 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 14, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

137 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 14, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

126 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 14, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2017

114 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 14, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2017

103 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 14, 4:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.