Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2017 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Souma takes the win with style.

RIP clothes Nene. That was classic.
May 11, 2017 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
The temperature affects the dish, didn't even think of that and neither did Nene :(
Soouma's adaptability wins out.
May 11, 2017 1:47 PM

Aug 2012
Delicious Nene strip :)
Yukihira wins!
May 11, 2017 2:08 PM

Oct 2011
The usual over-the-top clothes explosion was a bit misplaced this time since it happened on her second taste of it (only after she accepted defeat)

May 11, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2013
The strip was glorious.

As expected Souma wins.
May 11, 2017 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
That's right Soma, deliver that crushing foodgasm! 1 down! XD
May 11, 2017 4:29 PM
Oct 2012
uzee said:
The usual over-the-top clothes explosion was a bit misplaced this time since it happened on her second taste of it (only after she accepted defeat)

Actually it was done on purpose.

On her first taste she was still bound by her upbringing - on the second tasting, after having accepted that she lost and achieved enlightenment she was better able to appreciate it. She was sexually sorry, sensually liberated.

The secret to this was her hair - she had always been tightly wound, the little pigtails were a symbol of this (as was her personality), but in the orgasm you can see the braids unwinding.

On another note, the writer just keeps on getting better, I love what all those books really were about. Great little joke there.
May 11, 2017 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Takuan_Soho said:
uzee said:

On her first taste she was still bound by her upbringing - on the second tasting, after having accepted that she lost and achieved enlightenment she was better able to appreciate it. She was sexually sorry, sensually liberated.

The secret to this was her hair - she had always been tightly wound, the little pigtails were a symbol of this (as was her personality), but in the orgasm you can see the braids unwinding.

On another note, the writer just keeps on getting better, I love what all those books really were about. Great little joke there.

He still needs to work on his pacing a bit tho, he got a lot of bashing for that hayama match and this could have been a bit condensed.
May 11, 2017 6:03 PM

Oct 2015
Glad they do it this way, Souma straight up beating Nene was impossible. Damn that was a good one :) make it less bullshit and salty for the readers.
May 11, 2017 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
I have a feeling that Nene will turn against centrals ideology now. She was pretty much centrals ideal chef, and yet that's pretty much why she lost.

While I'm excited to see Isshiki's opponent get totally rekt, I hope we'll get to see something of Megishima's match. I don't see him losing in the first round.
May 11, 2017 9:49 PM

Dec 2012
Souma for the win. CONGRATS.
Love his way of winning.

Naked Nene. How lovely.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 11, 2017 9:59 PM

Mar 2017
I loved the fact that he won the match through his usual adaptability and not luck. I think he's ready to be in the Elite 10 now. I liked the explanation too.
May 12, 2017 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
uzee said:

Woah, that was deep mate. I actually really dig this.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 12, 2017 12:46 AM

Sep 2014
Dat Nene booty. Thought we wouldn't actually get a foodgasm lol.
May 12, 2017 1:05 AM

Sep 2014
Isshiki's acting like Soma is such a terrifying cook when in reality Isshiki is probably the true first seat. Dude doesn't even care about being a chef, he's like Saitama from OPM. Its just a hobby, which just so happens to be god like with it.
May 12, 2017 4:35 AM

Oct 2013
Props to the authors, the explanation of his winning was very well done and makes a lot of sense, good job.
May 13, 2017 4:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Slowly, but surely, Central's methods will start to be questioned and calamity will ensue.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 13, 2017 5:44 AM

Mar 2014
Kinokuni has to realize that focusing too much on traditional cooking without making variations to adapt to the situation will not be enough to actually beat Isshiki.

Her dishes she created were so "perfect" that such a situation never happened to her before, especially when her opponents deliver worse dishes than hers.

I do find it odd that Souma wins all of his battles against female chefs not through his skills alone, but due to other factors. Ikumi and Alice lost because they missed the topic of the themes, and Kinokuni lost because the environment nerfed her dish.
May 13, 2017 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
So it was a win with the help of artificial nature. I'd say his origin of strength is actually luck alone.
May 14, 2017 12:20 AM
Dec 2015
MajinAkuma said:
Kinokuni has to realize that focusing too much on traditional cooking without making variations to adapt to the situation will not be enough to actually beat Isshiki.

Her dishes she created were so "perfect" that such a situation never happened to her before, especially when her opponents deliver worse dishes than hers.

I do find it odd that Souma wins all of his battles against female chefs not through his skills alone, but due to other factors. Ikumi and Alice lost because they missed the topic of the themes, and Kinokuni lost because the environment nerfed her dish.

kunokuni is just another fodder/cliche booksmart character that traps herself in a corner because she doesn't know how to be flexible and innovative in her cooking skills. Looks like another tsundure character. There's just too many one dimensional characters now and Soma plot armor is true strong.
May 14, 2017 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
Souma winning + Nene's stripping.

Tosh delivers.
May 14, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2016
Soma fo the win.
Nene's problem is true IRL btw.

Can we see the man with cap now ? please.
May 16, 2017 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
Yet another fodder for Souma.

An obvious win, and Tsukuda still use that 'serves last, win' trope, lel.

Speculashit :
Isshiki vs Julio, Isshiki win. Ex 3rd seat lose.
May 20, 2017 7:19 PM
Dec 2015
The explanations are important, but there's too much predictable results and one dimension character.
May 21, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2014
shit happened for elite ten, souma just snapped the 6th seat.
now about Isshiki vs Julio, I think Isshiki would win by default.
and I don't know about the ex 3rd seat, since his opponent haven't revealed yet.
May 25, 2017 1:53 AM
Apr 2016
Elegade said:
Isshiki's acting like Soma is such a terrifying cook when in reality Isshiki is probably the true first seat. Dude doesn't even care about being a chef, he's like Saitama from OPM. Its just a hobby, which just so happens to be god like with it.

I love Ishiki, he's the most relatable character to me, he just wants to have fun with his pals in the polar star dorm and grow his veggies while naked sunbathing. Simple goals. A good life, great moral support and unwavering trust in his friends.
Also, he's totally gunna rek everyone who crosses his path.
Aug 18, 2017 8:02 PM
Apr 2016
Man! I love this manga. (*Says this in Ice Cube's voice*) lol.
Dec 22, 2017 6:35 AM

Dec 2012
Aaaah yes. CONGRATS SOUMA

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.