Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 19, 2016 11:17 PM

May 2014
Hey guys, so Naruto Shippuden is basically done, or at least coming to a close. I actually saw a preview of Boruto and noticed that Naruto's son is the main character. And honestly I really don't like it. He's just an annoying brat. Yes, you can argue Naruto was the same way. Except he wasn't. Naruto did stuff like that to get attention from people, to take away from the loneliness from coming home to an empty room everyday and never having even met his parents. Boruto, on the other hand, is just a spoiled brat that is acting up just because Naruto, who is the freaking Hokage by the way, isn't paying enough attention to him. Not only does he not have the same charisma as Naruto, but also doesn't even have a back story where the audience would want him to succeed and prove everyone wrong. I'm actually quite disappointed. I really hope the end up adding some other elements or tragic events to make Boruto more likable. I don't know, maybe it was just the preview though and my thoughts will change after actually seeing the movie.

What are your thoughts?

PS: I really hope thy put in a Hinata-like character as a love interest as well. Or at least maybe someone like Rin. if they don't, I'm going to be so pissed.
Alpha101Oct 20, 2016 12:52 PM
Oct 20, 2016 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
I agree OP something really tragic should happen to make Bort more likable.
Like Bort getting the ninja plague, then dying and infecting the rest of the village. Then everyone else would die and Nardo could be finally put to rest for good.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 20, 2016 3:45 AM

Mar 2015
i don't think boruto character has enough explanation already to judge.. he is still soo shallow... not to mention the movie was rushed as fuck... i prefer waiting manga version pass anime because he look badass there...

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2016 3:49 AM

Sep 2009
Honestly, I thought Boruto was a huge ripoff/copyright violation of Naruto, until I found out that the entire franchise was so stupid that it's legit.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedOct 22, 2016 12:57 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 20, 2016 4:51 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
But Boruto is better than Sasookay who is really cool and Sackoora the beautiful.

beside Boruto is still a kid, and only appears in movie and manga, give him a chance

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 20, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
Boruto has some interesting and realistically written daddy issues, what with his father being the Hokage and all. It's nice from a storytelling standpoint to see that it wasn't all roses and Naruto's greatest goal and achievement through his own story is negatively impacting his successor's.
Oct 20, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2011
Spoiled basically, just like the millennial.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 20, 2016 6:27 AM
May 2016
I Feel like boruto is just a money grab. Like Dragon ball super. I would have liked it if they stopped naruto after shippuden and just added a few ovas of his life as an hokage.
Oct 20, 2016 6:42 AM

Mar 2015
ToG25thBaam said:

and that's exactly what make it interesting my friend...
Gnk said:
Boruto has some interesting and realistically written daddy issues, what with his father being the Hokage and all. It's nice from a storytelling standpoint to see that it wasn't all roses and Naruto's greatest goal and achievement through his own story is negatively impacting his successor's.

^^^^^^^^
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2011
Kuma said:
ToG25thBaam said:

and that's exactly what make it interesting my friend...
Gnk said:

^^^^^^^^
Naruto's greatest goal and achievement through his own story is negatively impacting his successor's.
Sounds familiar? I personally didn't like it. Well, as a concept, it was okay. The issue I have is the execution and the resolution of the matter. I don't know about the manga, but from the movie,

I just much prefer Naruto over Boruto, the writing felt more natural, the issues didn't seem forced, and they didn't resolve the issue within 2 hours span. It took a while to develop the characters, basically Naruto was a long-term plan. Boruto is just an extra without much thought being put in. To put it in perspective, it's like a long term better, stable relationship vs a short term quick sex, instant gratification relationship.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 20, 2016 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
The characters in boruto pale in contrast to the original cast. For starts boruto needs to be more interesting. To me he come across as being annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Well I don't even take that character serious with that name so yea.
Oct 20, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
Basically the whole issue was forced in order to have a Boruto series.

I just much prefer Naruto over Boruto, the writing felt more natural, the issues didn't seem forced, and they didn't resolve the issue within 2 hours span. It took a while to develop the characters, basically Naruto was a long-term plan. Boruto is just an extra without much thought being put in. To put it in perspective, it's like a long term better, stable relationship vs a short term quick sex, instant gratification relationship.

Kuma said:
i don't think boruto character has enough explanation already to judge.. he is still soo shallow... not to mention the movie was rushed as fuck... i prefer waiting manga version pass anime because he look badass there...

i don't said i disagree with you, in fact i am has the same boat as you... but i still has hope and i denied that boruto series is quick made... the fact it has a long view to future has show that... only the movie was...

as for sakurada, i regret reading her story TBH... it was much worse than boruto...
KumaOct 20, 2016 5:02 PM
Oct 20, 2016 5:04 PM

Oct 2014
or maybe the more simple problems like a distant father are way more relatable problems than everybody hating you for demonic powers thus making boruto a characters easier to cheer for
Oct 20, 2016 5:06 PM

Aug 2015
Isn't Sarada a potential love interest?

Oct 20, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
He sucks. He's a douchebag (Just like Naruto), cheats on exams and shit (Just like Naruto) and he basically is Naruto, who is a douchebag and cheats on exams and shit.
Oct 20, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2008
He's a kid, I'm not sure why people are expecting him not to be what he currently is, an annoying brat, like the majority of kids are, and regardless, as a kid, he still has a lot of room to grow.

Also, not sure why you didn't just make this in the Boruto manga or movie sub forum.
Oct 20, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2010
Sarada is who I focus on, so as long as she gets ample screen time, I'm all good.

Things To Keep In Mind:
  • You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.
  • My thirst for anything humanoid (and legal) cannot be contained.
Oct 20, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2015
I feel like this franchise needs to be euthanized.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 20, 2016 5:51 PM

Feb 2015
To be honest, I don't care none of that shit, or this shit or any shit that is happening to your head, OP... I just really want it to end.
Oct 20, 2016 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Basically the whole issue was forced in order to have a Boruto series.

Kuma said:

i don't said i disagree with you, in fact i am has the same boat as you... but i still has hope and i denied that boruto series is quick made... the fact it has a long view to future has show that... only the movie was...

as for sakurada, i regret reading her story TBH... it was much worse than boruto...

that sarada sidetory was awful the author basically denied all the themes the story was portraying with that last revelation from sarada
Oct 20, 2016 6:12 PM

Mar 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Kuma said:

that sarada sidetory was awful the author basically denied all the themes the story was portraying with that last revelation from sarada
it's even worse when the villian actually interesting.. but seriously, the whole thing about sarada and sasuke drama was cringeworthy at it finest... even boruto movie look great compare to it..
Oct 22, 2016 12:57 AM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Don't know a thing~
Oct 22, 2016 1:25 AM

Mar 2014
It's obvious he would be a bad character. His father is Naruto and his mother is Hinata, two of the worst characters of their respective gender.

You're going to be very disappointed if you have high hopes for any development on his part, simply because he's the son of a demigod, there's really no sense of danger for which his character can be built upon.

Shocked said:

Don't know a thing~

Reported for spam.
Oct 22, 2016 1:32 AM

Jan 2010
ziggy_Z said:
Shocked said:

Don't know a thing~

Reported for spam.

Uh...

Well, I find it interesting that Boruto continues the Naruto franchise using legacy characters, particularly in the form of the main characters' children. It feels like what DBZ was trying to accomplish, and while it may end up being the prolonging of a franchise that had already received its proper ending, it may also be a method of restarting the franchise's power level extravaganza to zero, allowing newcomers to enter the Naruto series with a fresh new start while giving old fans a nostalgic trip without having to relive old content. It's an interesting case study of a long running franchise given a new beginning, as we don't get too many of those. It's interesting to see how it will turn out in terms of its reception and its general quality with its new author.

That being said, I haven't read/watched Naruto in years, nor do I know much about the Boruto series beyond Kishimoto's not really having a hand in its creation nor development. Like always, I hope for the best. There I tried >:O
Oct 24, 2016 7:45 PM

May 2014
ziggy_Z said:
It's obvious he would be a bad character. His father is Naruto and his mother is Hinata, two of the worst characters of their respective gender.

You're going to be very disappointed if you have high hopes for any development on his part, simply because he's the son of a demigod, there's really no sense of danger for which his character can be built upon.

Shocked said:

Don't know a thing~

Reported for spam.

Lol, dude wtf. Hinata and Naruto are the best characters in their respective genders. I don't give a shit about anybody else.
Oct 24, 2016 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
ziggy_Z said:

Facts. Hinata being the worst "major" female character in the series speaks volumes considering that Kishimito doesn't know how to write ANY good female character or use them properly. Tsunade and Konan were pretty much the sole decent ones, and the former was badly handled in Shippuden while the latter kicked the bucket way too early to amount to something. The others usually vary between mediocre and downright terrible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto the Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

R4vel - Oct 10, 2015

167 by rohan121 »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:21 PM

» 8-tails dead? 1-7 aswell then?

Aapjuh - Apr 14, 2017

2 by darkestTimes »»
Mar 18, 2022 9:36 AM

» What to watch first?

SouL_Prisoner - Jun 6, 2017

7 by nightscape94 »»
Nov 6, 2017 11:06 AM

» Boruto : Naruto the Movie?

LokoFive - Oct 27, 2016

4 by Abyhape »»
May 3, 2017 10:54 AM

» The New Gen

Tatyonna - Nov 21, 2016

0 by Tatyonna »»
Nov 21, 2016 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.