Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2010 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
Wasn't ads enough?

I miss the old youtube.

An example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZV34FIPW6A&feature=PlayList&p=fik0WbzlviE&index=3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 30, 2010 7:39 PM
Oct 2009
OMG >>
They are getting pretty full of themselves. Most people hate the site (including I) because everything is getting removed.
Jan 30, 2010 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
Wow, Youtube. =_=
Jan 30, 2010 7:47 PM
May 2008
Whoa whoa

What is that? Really youtube? Well, I hope that doesn't cross over into other videos.

Jan 30, 2010 11:22 PM

Sep 2009
What the heck?

Irratating enough they remove some videos (like removing the HD ones over the poorer quality ones), but this is insane! What next, 9.99 a month just watch unlimited videos a month?

Probably.

Jan 31, 2010 12:18 AM

Jun 2008
The comments.

You keep this up and I will ban youtube.

Good thing I never depended on that site for much.
Jan 31, 2010 4:59 AM
Aug 2009
I'm surprised it's already gotten above 30 views. The preview pic doesn't even look anywhere near crisp.
Jan 31, 2010 6:18 AM
Jun 2008
I'm not sure what's going on, can someone post a screenshot or something? I get this:

This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has decided to block it in your country.
Jan 31, 2010 8:05 AM
Aug 2009
sciwhiz said:
I'm not sure what's going on, can someone post a screenshot or something? I get this:

This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has decided to block it in your country.
It would seem you were spared from YouTube's newest attempt at moneymaking failure.

Screen:
Jan 31, 2010 8:10 AM

Jan 2010
wow omgosh that is ridiculous ><
and here i thought youtube was all about sharing videos and stuff for free >.>
Jan 31, 2010 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
I'm so glad my account was deleted now.
Jan 31, 2010 8:21 AM
Jun 2008
ki said:

Screen:

0_0

hopefully it will never get past the beta stage.
Jan 31, 2010 8:26 AM

Jun 2008
I don't know about you, but I'd rather pirate the whole series than pay a dollar to watch one episode once. Even the illegal subs have better quality and less money.
Jan 31, 2010 8:59 AM

Dec 2009
Another thing is, why RENT 1 episode (for a 24 hour period) when you can either buy the actual dvd or just watch it in another site absolutely free?

Youtube won't gain much $$ from this change.
Jan 31, 2010 9:57 AM

Dec 2007
Rail_Tracer said:
Another thing is, why RENT 1 episode (for a 24 hour period) when you can either buy the actual dvd or just watch it in another site absolutely free?

Youtube won't gain much $$ from this change.

As if anime is the thing they're aiming for. Of course not.

Also, there's bound to be people paying for this. Seeing how this new system barely costs money and effort to implement, it's always profit.
Jan 31, 2010 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
The fuck is that? I mean, the only time I've ever watched an anime on Youtube was Ikoku Irokoi Romantan, but that was because I couldn't find it anywhere else. But really Youtube? You're probably gonna lose money for that instead of make any.
Jan 31, 2010 11:43 AM

May 2008
ycart59 said:
The fuck is that? I mean, the only time I've ever watched an anime on Youtube was Ikoku Irokoi Romantan, but that was because I couldn't find it anywhere else. But really Youtube? You're probably gonna lose money for that instead of make any.
How are they losing money if users were not paying for anything in the first place? At this point youtube is so big that there's nothing to lose, it's all gain.
Jan 31, 2010 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
I'm also getting the message "This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has decided to block it in your country."

Why am I not surprised that it is FUNimation?

Oh well. As if I'd pay money to watch a video on YouTube.
Jan 31, 2010 7:41 PM

Jun 2008
Chavez said:
Also, there's bound to be people paying for this. Seeing how this new system barely costs money and effort to implement, it's always profit.
This. Just like the iTunes store. Songs are relatively cheap, compared to CDs which cost tens of dollars. It shouldn't take that long for like movies to be downloaded for a relative cheap price than DVDs (if they haven't done it successfully already.)

Though renting does seem a tad silly. Since it's not permanent or anything, unlike the iTunes store. But it's a start. With streaming videos that is.

If the fansubbing of foreign Japanese animation gets more popular, which I doubt will happen quickly, and pass a certain threshold, then surely expect some opportunist companies to start chargin', and to see some people start payin'. Oh wait, crunchyrolls are doing that already, right?
TachiiJan 31, 2010 7:47 PM
Jan 31, 2010 7:50 PM

Aug 2007
That is a load of shit. This makes me want to pirate even more than I already do.
Jan 31, 2010 8:55 PM

Oct 2007
And life goes on.
Jan 31, 2010 8:57 PM

Aug 2009
And this completely defeats the purpose of "new" marketing techniques for anime. Fuck you, YT and anime distribution companies. And for that matter, Hulu too (since they're going to start charging soon).

Drunk_Samurai said:
That is a load of shit. This makes me want to pirate even more than I already do.

This.
Feb 1, 2010 5:08 PM

Dec 2009
samsnapshot said:
And this completely defeats the purpose of "new" marketing techniques for anime. Fuck you, YT and anime distribution companies. And for that matter, Hulu too (since they're going to start charging soon).

Drunk_Samurai said:

This.

Ugh, Hulu is going to make me more upset when it does the same thing YT is doing.
Feb 1, 2010 7:42 PM

Nov 2009
i just download them
Feb 1, 2010 7:58 PM

Sep 2007
...Well it's kind of a step in the right direction as far as legal streaming goes. I mean it's still pretty bad, but trying to stay positive here. I know FUNimation doesn't have all its series for rent as I was just recently watching the SUB version of Spice and Wolf on there. The dub you need to rent, but they do have a few series up for free.

'Renting' anime is a pretty ridiculous concept. If I'm paying money for the stuff, you can bet I'm buying it to add to my collection. Also I think I'd much prefer if they at least let you watch the first 3-5 episodes free before insisting you pay for it, so at least you can get a feel for the series and decide you like it.
Feb 6, 2010 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
It's reasons like this why I don't like Funimation anymore.

That's bologna man. The whole point to watching videos on Youtube is that you can do so for FREE. Now they are just becoming another Crunchyroll. Man, I guess it's because internet is more popular than Television these days.

First ads, then pop up ads on videos, then commercials....now this! v_v
Feb 6, 2010 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
Money is a forced fad.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Feb 6, 2010 9:06 AM

May 2008
Hooray piracy.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 6, 2010 9:42 AM
Aug 2009
Well, it looks like YouTube made $3 since last week when I originally checked out the thread and the link the OP posted. I guess it's working out for them. Slowly.
Feb 6, 2010 9:43 AM
Nov 2009
We can stop it... At least that's what I think.

If YT loses many accounts (and I mean MANY) then it will lose money as well => they'll stop.

That;s why I'm not using YT anymore. They can go to hell, I could care less. There are many other awesome sites for music/shows/anime/your own videos.
Feb 6, 2010 9:48 AM
Aug 2009
RedNBlackStars said:

If YT loses many accounts (and I mean MANY) then it will lose money as well => they'll stop.
Unfortunately I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon. I'm sure anime viewers are just a small part of all the people who have YouTube accounts, and I doubt those anime viewers use YouTube to watch anime. At least I hope they don't.
Feb 6, 2010 10:03 AM
Nov 2009
ki said:
RedNBlackStars said:

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon. I'm sure anime viewers are just a small part of all the people who have YouTube accounts, and I doubt those anime viewers use YouTube to watch anime. At least I hope they don't.

True, you're right, anime viewers are not so many on YT, since there are other anime sites, but think about all the AMVs, which are btw being removed...
And then there are many people who have multiple accounts. I know many people with 3-4 YT accounts. If they could remove at least 2 of them it would be a great loss for YT.
And there are many others who are on YT for music... There are alternative sites for music as well :)

I still hope it can change...
Feb 6, 2010 10:07 AM
Nov 2009
invalidlink said:
RedNBlackStars said:

That;s why I'm not using YT anymore. They can go to hell, I could care less. There are many other awesome sites for music/shows/anime/your own videos.

Youtube wasn't made for copyright material, this is pretty clear recently anyhow.

And i'd disagree, there is no better way to watch videos, no matter what the content is.

Yes... no copyright material. But using a song in a video doesn't promote that song?

About other ways to watch videos... Maybe... But maybe there are ^^ It depends on how much you're used to YT and how easily can you adapt :)
Feb 6, 2010 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
ki said:
and I doubt those anime viewers use YouTube to watch anime. At least I hope they don't.

I only use Youtube for really hard to find stuff that can't be DLed.

RedNBlackStars said:
ki said:
RedNBlackStars said:

True, you're right, anime viewers are not so many on YT, since there are other anime sites, but think about all the AMVs, which are btw being removed...
And then there are many people who have multiple accounts. I know many people with 3-4 YT accounts. If they could remove at least 2 of them it would be a great loss for YT.
And there are many others who are on YT for music... There are alternative sites for music as well :)

AMV's should never be removed. It's absolute bullshit that they are.
Feb 6, 2010 10:52 AM
Nov 2009
RedNBlackStars said:
ki said:
RedNBlackStars said:

AMV's should never be removed. It's absolute bullshit that they are.

Yes it is, indeed. AMV makers don't have any profit and on top of that YouTube is the one who wins money from AMVs because that kind of video get many views. And companies like WMG as well. I can't even count how many songs I started to love when I heard them in AMVs. I even discovered new artists by watching AMVs.
Feb 6, 2010 11:27 AM

Oct 2008
Yup said:
ycart59 said:
How are they losing money if users were not paying for anything in the first place? At this point youtube is so big that there's nothing to lose, it's all gain.
actually the less people who visit youtube, the less money they get. they are simply getting pummeled by the competition. if im a marketing agent i would go to a site with high traffic. plain and simple the more people i brainwash, the more money i will make my company. it's just business, there's no ethics in business. either you sell your product or you don't.
Feb 6, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
kokocho said:
I'm also getting the message "This video contains content from Funimation Entertainment, who has decided to block it in your country."

Why am I not surprised that it is FUNimation?

Oh well. As if I'd pay money to watch a video on YouTube.

Yep same ...

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Feb 6, 2010 2:11 PM

Jul 2008
Punkleoptra said:
What the heck?

Irratating enough they remove some videos (like removing the HD ones over the poorer quality ones), but this is insane! What next, 9.99 a month just watch unlimited videos a month?

Probably.
Lawls, like we need another MegaVideo site. P:
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Feb 9, 2010 3:36 AM
Nov 2009
invalidlink said:
RedNBlackStars said:
invalidlink said:
RedNBlackStars said:

Youtube wasn't made for copyright material, this is pretty clear recently anyhow.

And i'd disagree, there is no better way to watch videos, no matter what the content is.

Yes... no copyright material. But using a song in a video doesn't promote that song?

About other ways to watch videos... Maybe... But maybe there are ^^ It depends on how much you're used to YT and how easily can you adapt :)

Well only the content owners can take down a video/music, that includes the artist and label.
If they thought it was a good thing we'd have less disputes and youtube would be making more money, but it's just "owner" sided.

Yes, you're right, indeed...
It's their loss though.
Feb 9, 2010 3:47 AM

Jan 2010
If you feel you should be able to watch an entire series on youtube for free, you're just as full of yourself as they are. They're are an organization, organizations aim to make money.

There are many other alternatives to youtube.

You can Torrent Series.
Buy DVDs.
Go to sites that stream shows for free.
Whatever you want.

Youtube sucks ass anyway.
Feb 9, 2010 9:39 AM

Aug 2007
SeanSolace said:
If you feel you should be able to watch an entire series on youtube for free, you're just as full of yourself as they are. They're are an organization, organizations aim to make money.

You can Torrent Series.
Buy DVDs.
Whatever you want.

Youtube should not have a bullshit renting service.
Feb 9, 2010 9:51 AM

Jul 2008
Even the name sounds so.. wrong.
Renting..a video..on the internet.And only for 24 frickin' hours.
But anyway, I can't even see it, haha.They 'banned' my country.How rude.
Feb 9, 2010 10:15 AM

Oct 2008
SeanSolace said:

You can Torrent Series.
Buy DVDs.
Whatever you want.

Finally, common sense has arrived. Thank you for this post.

Feb 9, 2010 10:22 AM

Aug 2007
Somnia said:
SeanSolace said:

You can Torrent Series.
Buy DVDs.
Whatever you want.

Finally, common sense has arrived. Thank you for this post.

Nobody cares about his "common sense" this thread is about Youtube charging to rent a fucking streaming video and only for 24 hours.
Feb 9, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2008
As usual Drunk Samurai, you lack said common sense. Take a few minutes to breathe and think about it for a minute.

Feb 9, 2010 3:52 PM

Aug 2007
Somnia said:
As usual Drunk Samurai, you lack said common sense. Take a few minutes to breathe and think about it for a minute.

Ok. I'll think about something you know shit about.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.