Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 9, 2017 8:20 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was so good! I was really worried about Ed. Is his life span actually shorter after that?
Feb 22, 2018 8:30 PM

Jun 2017
Were back with the gang walking through the tunnel, and just a couple seconds in Whinrey trips abd falls. Clumsy girl, hahaha love her though.

I can see both sides of the spectrum, Edward doesn't think killing him is the answer while the other party thinks keeping him alive is careless and is the answer. I can see where both are coming from so I can't say I pick sides in this situation.
Mar 14, 2018 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
I always thought Ed's unwillingness to kill would get him in trouble. It probably still will get him killed sooner rather than later.

But at least for now, it saved his life in the end.
Jan 18, 2019 6:21 PM

Jun 2015
i bet ed will eventually have to kill someone, but he'll always remain on the side and persistent on having them be alive
Jan 23, 2019 4:05 AM

Oct 2015
Irony of the situation is that there was a Philosopher's Stone just nearby where Ed resorted to sacrifice a part of his remaining life. Ouch.

Kimblee is a fascinating villain. He sees battles of life and death as a gamble and derives pleasure by the thrill of putting his life at stake in battlefield in exchange for his opponents'. It is the ultimate form of pleasure for him as the risk is greater than any other he's experienced before, motivating his instinctual desire to survive. It is this primitive urge of his that incites his desire to kill, from what I've understood of him at least.

Feb 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Edward found new friends that saved him from death! More and more chimeras join forces with either Ed or Al. Edward's fight with Kimblee was very good. Let's not forget the style in which Kimblee lost one of his philosopher's stones. ;D

Poor Alphonse as well.. :( Metal body seems to start to reject his soul.
Apr 6, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2016
One of the Briggs soldiers being forced to wear Alphonse's armor and act just like him so they won't get caught by Kimblee was a pretty funny and amusing scene.

I can say for sure that the part where Edward having that steel frame pulled out of him is one of the most painful-looking scenes in the anime. His face masterfully contorting into a grimace of agonizing pain accompanied by his short breathed screams was cringe-inducing in a scary way. The fact that he ended up shortening his own lifespan to survive is pretty sad.

That Philosopher's Stone one of the chimeras found should come in handy so I hope that they'll get to use it on Ed soon because there's little to no time left with Al's soul being pulled back more and more by his body.

Sep 9, 2019 1:55 PM
Aug 2019
Ed and Al very close to dying

So Hohenheim was the one who brought alchemy to Xing, interesting
Nov 7, 2019 12:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ed almost died, at least he is alive now, it was a awesome episode
Feb 12, 2020 7:08 PM

Nov 2017

I loved this scene. That's right, Ed. You can't die here, you got people depending on you. &++ he was willing to take a few years from his life if it meant to help those he cares about.

Strange how Ed was fighting those chimera just a second ago, now they're helping him get the beam out. Golly, just good people!
Mar 29, 2020 6:45 PM

Feb 2020
hohenheim introduced alchemy to xing?? interesting. but then why is it so different to amestrian alchemy?

what a tense episode, with ed's fight scene with kimblee and his impalement and al's rejection reaction and and and

ed is such a Good Guy saving those chimeras, love that kid. and he sacrificed some of his life span to heal himself? man oh man. good on those chimeras for helping him too
Nov 12, 2020 4:41 PM

Jul 2017
Superb episode. When Kimblee used that stone when it touched the transmutation circle on his palm, the animation for the explosion was awesome. Ed and Al both are down too, Ed being pierced really badly during the explosion while Al slowly losing his soul to the truth, but also linked with Ed being down since in a way, both soulds are linked together. Ed using his own life force too shaving off some years was painful but cool to watch too. The music helped make it better too.
Jan 10, 2021 1:23 PM

Aug 2017
Probably one of the worst episodes. Ed was just acting dumb and he nearly dies bc of it.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 24, 2021 4:20 AM

Jul 2020
near death of Ed, great episode.
May 27, 2021 9:46 AM
Mar 2021
That was an epic episode (✷‿✷)
Jun 30, 2021 8:30 PM

Jun 2021
This episode is awesome.Edward and ElrIc shares one body with different souls.if Edward dies elric also dies?
Dec 9, 2021 10:01 AM
Nov 2020
I love how the 4 chimeras have all believably switched sides and become great characters
Mar 8, 2022 3:18 PM

Feb 2021
More chimeras? Where do these guys come from? I can't remember the last time Ed got this hurt the little mary sue he is, I'm enjoying seeing him actually struggling like the story should get him to do more. At this point I'm just getting really annoyed how the story is introducing so many characters, most of which are probably gonna end up being pointless by the end iirc
May 31, 2022 4:31 PM
Apr 2022
Good episode again
Poor Ed and Al
Sep 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Feb 2009
Ed is ded baby
(I wish... god I hate shounen MCs)
Nov 10, 2022 6:59 AM

Jul 2021
that softness saved his life too afterall.

that pulling out scene was too intense and guresome. made me tear-up a bit.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 9, 2023 1:32 PM

Dec 2020
I loved how Ed didn't give up and didn't care if he died. He doesn't even want the stone for himself.
Aug 28, 2023 1:49 AM

Oct 2020
This went from 50 to 100 really quick and I'm still processing how Edward was able to just use his own life force in the way he would a philosopher's stone 
Apr 4, 1:02 AM

Jan 2021
Ed... even though he was told that the law of the North is the law of the jungle... and also warned that his naivety could kill him one day... if only Kimblee could die then... damn... but ngl I was also horrified and scared when that chimera pulled it out of Ed's stomach... can't imagine the pain....

May 18, 7:26 PM

Mar 2022
Man that was such an incredible episode. I really feel sorry for the Elric I mean they nearly died in this, especially god when he was having that metal bar removed from his body after Kimblee I was literally just winching at that scene because urgh that was painful to watch him suffer and scream like that. Looks like the Chimeras that were with Kimblee are no longer allies to him because he essentially left them for dead and didn’t really care about their well being at all. It definitely feels like Al fell because of him being connected to Ed, not just the door trying to reclaim his soul there.

Otherwise this was pretty dramatic, very intense episode this series is definitely in a league of it’s own, glad I’m nearing the end now. Once again incredible episode here.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

977 by FirehawkZero »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 2, 2010

232 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

178 by DryAmeer »»
Jun 2, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

216 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 3:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.