Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 10, 2020 1:53 PM

Mar 2018
Being rewatching it since it dropped on Netflix and holy shit I really had forgetten how great the adaptation was from the very start.

While the fight could have maybe be done in less time, everything is presented with so much care, it manages to get out every glimpse of emotion out of every exchange, this is still to this day MHA's biggest strength.

And man does it feel good to hear You Say Run in the anime again.
Feb 8, 2021 10:10 AM
Jun 2020
sugoi Deku epic fight scene!
Feb 16, 2021 3:04 AM

Oct 2020
Cool fight man!! Deku had a good strategy. Bakugo is good at fighting but the guy is a maniac. If he had any weaker power than he was done for now. However he actually thinks that Deku is stronger than him somehow. That's why he hates him. He supposed to get some help from earlier. His bad luck he didn't recognized a good friend. Though, Deku won this without harming anyone. And nicely done by Anti-gravity girl. She is also awesome. I feel bad for Ida. He lost for nothing, haha!!!
Feb 23, 2021 10:41 AM

Jan 2020
Damn, I wanted Bakugo to win, but it was obvious Deku was gonna win in the end.
I already predicted how he was gonna win from the start.

Oh well, guess that's just how it is.
It was amusing watching Bakugo rage, and the episode was pretty entertaining overall.
3099Feb 23, 2021 10:50 AM
Feb 24, 2021 4:44 PM

Dec 2020
"You are someone fabulous, that's why I want to defeat you!"

In some chapters of the series, mainly when we get into Bakugo's perspective; We are shown that Bakugo is someone who cannot get on his knees at the thought that someone who has been branded as weak will overcome him. A constant fear that Deku will one day become stronger than him.

In the previous episodes I was a bit confused about Midoriya's constant desire to be superior, however, now he shows us that the nature of his rivalry and goal of overcoming is that of someone who is afraid of a future where he is still seen over the shoulder.

This is an outstanding episode for the series; 5/5

Mar 9, 2021 6:51 PM

Feb 2019
Bakugo needs to chill out, too much psycho in him, and Deku is still acting like a little crybaby.

I'm glad they won tho :D
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 28, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2020
I love how epic & insane Kacchan is. I really do.

Let’s go DEKU!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 30, 2021 3:27 PM
Aug 2020
WOAAHHHH :0 LESS GOOO DEKUUU & URARAKA
May 16, 2021 2:19 AM

Feb 2021
Wow Bakugo went hard this time! He can be very destructive! Again Midoriya with the big brain move.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 13, 2021 8:27 AM

Aug 2020
Dude's ego went through the roof, lol.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 22, 2021 1:16 AM

Apr 2021
Man this episode was intense....Had me all excited...Gr8 episode
Both Deku and Bakugo are really talented....now only if Bakugo Can acknowledge and get along with Deku
Oct 26, 2021 5:24 PM

Jan 2021
THE EYES OF A TRUE MADMAN HOLY SHIT
Dec 24, 2021 3:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This pathetic rivalry between bakugo and deku is really cringe. I hope they mature a bit more so we can move on from this soon. Wouldn't want to see bakugo yelling at deku and then deku crying and simping for him for more than one season. Bakugo needs to grow up from being a one dimensional character with a single character trait that is being constantly angry, and deku just needs to stop being a push over. I just hope we get even a little bit of growth in this first season.

Anyway yeah it kind of feels surreal to be finally watching one of the biggest anime ever that took the anime world by storm just a few years back. Now I can understand why it was so popular: it's very simple, and it's playing it safe, in an attempt to appeal to the widest range of audiences possible. But in doing so, has also made it painfully basic and bland. I'll definitely finish off this first season, but I'm still on the fence about whether or not to continue from there. We'll see if the remaining episodes can prove themselves to be worthy of watching.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 28, 2022 2:11 PM
Apr 2022
Great fight between deku and bakugo
And deku wins
Jul 10, 2022 7:58 PM

Jun 2014
This was the first "real" battle that Deku has faced. Bakugo is crazy and egotistic, and doesn't stop to think.

Deku thought ahead, and the one shot he had allowed for him and Ohako to win. Nicely done.

Aug 22, 2022 2:34 PM
May 2021
100% literal chills; best episode so far!

5/5 from me :))
Sep 4, 2022 5:48 PM
Mar 2022
This episode was insane sent my heart rate flying and my tension was really high
Sep 22, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 2022
A perfectly serviceable and good show. Nothing fancy, nothing bland.
Oct 24, 2022 4:20 PM

Mar 2018
Deku suffered so much bullying, damn
Also, Bakugo is such a tsundere
Oct 25, 2022 5:00 AM
Oct 2022
VERY GOOD episode i love it
Nov 6, 2022 3:12 PM

Jan 2021
Deku knew right from the start he couldn't win. He had the foresight to set up a way to let Ochako use her powers. Genius!
Dec 26, 2022 5:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow that's some flashy battle right there, Deku damaged his arm again, sensei won't like it. Hope Bakugo will be less annoying from now on...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 2023 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
MaxiDennis said:
Dude's ego went through the roof, lol.

Dudes ego is shithouse.
Feb 9, 2023 2:10 PM
Oct 2021
Cool battle and cool animation
Jul 8, 2023 2:12 PM
Dec 2021
best episode so far and a very good episode of battle shonen done right
Jul 16, 2023 3:34 PM
Jun 2023
I liked the strategies and moves they use to fight each other.

Even tho, Kacchan was just mumbling the entire episode about how much he hates Midoriya for the more nonsensical and selfish reason ive could think of, it's so cartoonish. That's why I dont care about the character and his past with the MC, or his past in general, there's nothing to it, he is just batshit jealous, there's nothing likeable or redeemable of him, I cant stand it.
Jul 16, 2023 4:09 PM

Mar 2023
bakugo is so intolerable dude
Aug 7, 2023 6:28 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Sep 2, 2023 1:35 PM
Nov 2022
Hilda taking the role of villain seriously, Uraraka is a love, god Bakugo, to hit you 3 shots and leave you on a bridge and the Deku scene quite well.
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM
Jun 2023
I haven't seen yet so my review wont be good right now
Sep 19, 2023 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
As much as I wanted Midoriya to smash Bakugo, he did the hero thing again and won.
Dec 13, 2023 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
What an interesting fight between Deku and BAkugo that was
Mar 12, 8:28 PM

Mar 2022
Wow I mean wow. I mean Deku already had a rough upbringing but the flashbacks just make it worse with him being singled out as the one who doesn’t have a quirk I just…I wanted to hug him in that moment I felt so sorry for him. I understand now how Bakugo is now that I’ve got more of a backstory from him but I neither don’t like or like him because while him being an aggressive isn’t necessarily a bad thing for the show he does have potential to be a good character later on as others on this thread have suggested, that being said I can’t say I like him in the slightest because he’s just a bully who feels like he’s been wronged for no reason other than he hates Deku.

So consider me just being in the middle when it comes to Bakugo in general. Anyways really like how Iida got stuck into the role of the villain which was very fun to see. That bit with Deku using Detroit Smash on Bakugo to allow Ochako the win for the team was pretty awesome. Fight was really epic, pretty much my favourite episode of this season so far.
May 3, 6:21 PM

Oct 2022
He just has to do better . He pushes the smoke aside. From now on he wield the name of a hero. He is confident in all situations. His power changed him. A sad truth, that some have more power than others. Fighting even when the odds are not in your favor. Holding his own and hasn’t even shown his power. Taking action during crisis situations. Internalizing everything he learned. Lessons streaming through his blood. Extreme levels of pride. He takes back everything he said in the past. Mean since the beginning.. different from the beginning. He resents help from others. He does not want it. She wants to achieve everything on his own. I now realize I can’t wait for the fight where they fight together as a true team. He is walking in dark lightning. He can’t bring shame on his family. He must embrace evil to become a hero. He is so silly she reveals her hand. Take that do gooder. He won’t give up. He does not appreciate being underestimated. Left with no choice, he must fight. He uses his charged arm grenade. Permitted devastation. He is too fast for her tricks. Despite the way, he is acting he’s not attempting to murder. He has a strategy, even when angry. He is calculating physics incredibly fast. He has gotten back. No time to form a strategy. Action intermixed with individuals breaking down what specifically is occurring. Observing entities. That explain the situation in extra detail. There is always a way to naturally explain what is going on through dialogue. he claims to not be playing favorites but then seems to very quickly go back on that. No choice, but the seemingly run away🙃. Or is he? He wants to be him because he is better. Something that must be done to achieve his dream. Detroit smash. A last-minute plan, he breaks apart the whole building. In pure pursuit of his victory. Through the top ceiling. Improvised Special move. She sends Sharpe rocks at a nuclear bomb. His family name is foiled. Baku overestimates everyone else, possibly Even himself as well. The only option you could think of. The only chance of winning. And heroes reign victorious. 5
May 31, 1:57 AM
Jul 2023
Get fucked explosion bitch
- What a plan from Deku and Ochako! Really smart
- Deku messed his arm up again…
- Tenya was really funny haha
Jun 2, 8:02 AM
Apr 2023
Really big fan of their use of powers in this episode. Usually Bakugo and Deku suck but here fighting each other they were great.
Jul 17, 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
Nice episode! I love that Deku actually confronted Bakugo about his bullying. Bakugo reminds me of "friends" that I had growing up, people that really upset me back then. I've been really processing thru this stuff over the last few weeks, so it was nice to see this.

Bakugo himself is basically a villain and has very little understanding of either himself, the world around him, or of the idea of being a hero. He's intensely self-absorbed to the point of self-destruction. He's also basically a whiner, just in a different way than Deku.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

433 by Gapi26 »»
Sep 16, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

447 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 8, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

410 by chris1763 »»
Sep 6, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

244 by qmz5xpt7 »»
Aug 31, 11:32 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

363 by chris1763 »»
Aug 29, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.