Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2016 1:28 AM

Jun 2012
a rushed ending for a rushed series.

the first episode was decent, the rest was a mess.
it had a couple of moments though

3/10, forgettable
Mar 27, 2016 4:00 AM

Oct 2015
Way too much stuff cramed in this episode. But it all looked amazing so I approve!
This was an enjoyable anime this season. I'm glad we get to see more in the second season.

Migiwa, you should have just let her die... It would've been much more pleasent for Reoko.

You can't land an island in the ocean that easily... -_-

Finally the sister!! She gets the second season spotlight from the looks of it! She looks really fun.
Mar 27, 2016 4:39 AM

Dec 2013
This is an anime-original..... why the hell is it so rushed that the plot and the people are so confusing as heck?

Migawa tries to save her best friend by turning her into a Bubuki heart. Succeeds and then places her in solitary confinement for 8 years whilst she goes out and bangs and screws until she gets knocked up. After getting knocked up, she consequently moves her whole family to Treasure island, where she shuts down the hearts of all existing Bubukis on Earth "Just because it's the right thing to do", leaving the Bubuki limb users powerless to stop entire world governments from slaughtering them and their descendants, essentially causing the deaths of Bubuki users on Earth just because.... why???? End result, Reoko being the only usable heart, has to become the evil witch in the world, taking all the blame for killing off and controlling governments to stop them from further slaughter of Bubuki descendants...

All the whilst Migiwa gets to play house everyday on Treasure Island until her own little daughter accidentally drops some Buranki's down to earth, causing another world war for Reoko to deal with???

And all of this happens and she still has no idea why Reoko would want to kill her and turn her into mincemeat? What sort of human being are you Migiwa? For your own selfish interests in maintaining the lives of "both humans and Bubuki that can rise up and slaughter all human kind", you take off and leave every single mistake and crisis that you and your children create to be mopped up by your "best friend"??? You could see that even Reoko's subordinates felt more about protecting their Earth than Migiwa and her dumb son did. At least Reoko was actually trying to prevent the Island from crashing down to Earth, whilst Azuma's only interest was to try and bash Entei's head in. What the hell is wrong with your head boy?!?!

I finally figured out why I found myself cheering more for Reoko than the wimp of a son Azuma and the emotionless failure of a human being Migiwa. Seriously I hope Azuma's sister really does side with Reoko in the second season, because the "ideals" that Azuma and his mother fights for are dumb as fuck.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 27, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 2012
Wow the island went down with all burankis of each group being awakened (each group got their heart)? Appocalypse like a nuclear war.
New enemies who like an anti-buranki with Azuma's sister?
The story just so confusing yet I want more, more season of this sh!t. Those freaking mad expressions of characters when they got angry or tension-up just so damn good.
Overall 7/10.
Mar 27, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was intense as hell and his mom is really a badass
Mar 27, 2016 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
So they saved the best part (Reoko's past) for this last episode. I am liking Reoko even more now after learning her backstory. The show is worth only when she is around imo. I hope she will regain consciousness soon.

Others have said enough about Migiwa's devious nature.
And I can only facepalm to Azuma's dumbness/naivety.

That was a great finale. will watch the second season.

7/10
HijaziMar 28, 2016 2:01 AM
Mar 27, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2012
Come on, the only reason I kept watching this was because at some point I was expecting the sister to show up.... can't believe they wasted a whole season with the crybaby brother instead of her....

Anyway, not sure why, I guess I didn't understand well the plot, but for some reason Reoko looked more like the good one after all this mess...
jose21Mar 27, 2016 1:04 PM
Mar 27, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2012
jose21 said:
Come on, the only reason I kept watching this was because at some point I was expecting the sister to show up.... can't believe they wasted a whole season with the crybaby brother instead of her....

Anyway, not sure why, I guess I didn't understand well the plot, but for some reason Reoko looked more like the good one after all this mess...

Maybe she is?

And season 2 will be about Kaoruko teaming up with Reoko?

One can only hope....
L-Ryoshi said:
This is an anime-original..... why the hell is it so rushed that the plot and the people are so confusing as heck?

Migawa tries to save her best friend by turning her into a Bubuki heart. Succeeds and then places her in solitary confinement for 8 years whilst she goes out and bangs and screws until she gets knocked up. After getting knocked up, she consequently moves her whole family to Treasure island, where she shuts down the hearts of all existing Bubukis on Earth "Just because it's the right thing to do", leaving the Bubuki limb users powerless to stop entire world governments from slaughtering them and their descendants, essentially causing the deaths of Bubuki users on Earth just because.... why???? End result, Reoko being the only usable heart, has to become the evil witch in the world, taking all the blame for killing off and controlling governments to stop them from further slaughter of Bubuki descendants...

All the whilst Migiwa gets to play house everyday on Treasure Island until her own little daughter accidentally drops some Buranki's down to earth, causing another world war for Reoko to deal with???

And all of this happens and she still has no idea why Reoko would want to kill her and turn her into mincemeat? What sort of human being are you Migiwa? For your own selfish interests in maintaining the lives of "both humans and Bubuki that can rise up and slaughter all human kind", you take off and leave every single mistake and crisis that you and your children create to be mopped up by your "best friend"??? You could see that even Reoko's subordinates felt more about protecting their Earth than Migiwa and her dumb son did. At least Reoko was actually trying to prevent the Island from crashing down to Earth, whilst Azuma's only interest was to try and bash Entei's head in. What the hell is wrong with your head boy?!?!

I finally figured out why I found myself cheering more for Reoko than the wimp of a son Azuma and the emotionless failure of a human being Migiwa. Seriously I hope Azuma's sister really does side with Reoko in the second season, because the "ideals" that Azuma and his mother fights for are dumb as fuck.

Yeah, Migiwa was horrible. Unless we actually do get the sister as the MC for season 2, I expect Migiwa made out to be a "Misunderstood saint". Please studio! PLEASE
Mar 27, 2016 3:20 PM
May 2015
They need to explain what his sister was doing, his "super" mode, why Migiwa can still be so OP and where Buranki come from.

PS. Everyone probably alive except Matobai, either he died from the ring shot, he died when island crashed or he drowned so....
Mar 27, 2016 8:52 PM

May 2014
Definitely enjoyed this one. A lot of people ripped on it early on due to the CG, but I'm glad I stuck through it. The CG looked very well done, they did a very good job animating everything. Fantastic characters, specially on the villainous side. Music was great, the SFX were amazing. Every episode had some action, I was never bored for a single moment. They just kept throwing things in, and while at some points it felt like too much was thrown in with not enough explanation, I think it led to everything being a lot more exciting and mysterious.

Very good, looking forward to season 2 big time. 9/10.
Mar 27, 2016 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
That was pretty rushed.

I actually want to watch Kaoruko's story though.
Mar 28, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
As a final episode is not bad, there is a lot of action and some answers are given to the many questions remained unanswered, although there are still others who expect a resolution. You just have to wait for the second season, the ending is quite interesting.
7/10.
Mar 28, 2016 4:11 PM

Nov 2015
I enjoyed this, the art was good for a CGI.
6/10
xullMar 28, 2016 4:15 PM

Mar 28, 2016 6:29 PM

Jun 2015
Ending itself was a bit disappointing but I enjoyed Bubuki Buranki overall so I'm glad for having the opportunity to watch it.
I'll add second season to PTW but I'm not sure if I will be as excited over it as I was after watching 1'st episode of this. Still - fun to watch, nice OST, smooth animation, I'm satisfied.
Mar 29, 2016 7:47 PM

May 2012
I'm not so sure what to think about the plot. Like...what was the reason for all of this? I know Kaoruko caused the problem in the treasure island so that's why she and Azuma were sent to earth, but...the whole problem with Reoko was strange to say the least.

I hope everything is better wrapped in the second season. And for god's sake someone talk about the damn father...no one remembers the poor guy.
I despise woke people.
Mar 29, 2016 11:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
It was nice to finally see it all from Reyoko's point of view. I actually sympathize with her after all that had happened, I wanted to actually cheer for her. But I soon realized that her good intentions became twisted. It's still really screwed up what Migiwa did to her though.

Nice action in the final episode though. We finally get to see his sister, which at first glance I thought she was going to be evil or something. But then she turned into a cute, outgoing girl.

Overall, I enjoyed this show despite forgetting what the point was like 4 episodes in. The fights were fun, the character designs are nice, and it feels fairly unique. The CGI in this show was good, I don't care what anyone says. The action-lines and the extreme facial expressions during fights were really reminiscent of Kill la Kill.

Looking forward to the second season, 7/10.
Mar 30, 2016 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
I think I shouldn't but I want to make sense of this show:

- 16 years ago
- Some special people "bubuku users" have powerful weapons that act as a deterrent (for what ?) from being hunted.
- For some reason "adults" have kept this hidden from society and reoko girl wants to reveal this (why ?)
- 8 years passed, (what happened) are bbk widely known?
- shit happens, all buranki are useless.
- without the deterrent, government kills bubuki users (may pose a threat)
- Reoko steps in to (stop ?) it by establishing tyranny
- Bubiki users are rebels and sought for by the police (to have their bbks removed from them ?

So in the end Reoko became what she fought
JoksPacifistMar 30, 2016 2:20 AM
Mar 30, 2016 7:10 AM

Oct 2007
I don't think we learn anything yet in this show and people jumped into a conclusion too fast.

-It seems there are 2 type of people, one who against Buranki and one who exploit the power of Buranki.
-It is mentioned that Buranki is falling to earth from time to time and we have no idea what is the effect of that (It could be increasing number of people can have Buranki as weapon)
-Migiwa said the world was heading for a war, a Buranki war. To her understanding, this could lead to an ending for mankind. Which lead her to go to Treasure Island and stop all the Buranki hearts. It is true, her action would prevent one side and at the same time unintentionally supporting the other side that lead to Buranki user getting hunt down. I think there wasn't much she can do it is one or the other, mankind all die or mankind save themselves, and she chose the latter. She also left Reoko to take care earth. But let be real here, no one in the show ever tried to understand her.
-And lastly, what the heck is the sister doing and how much or what did she know that lead her to this conclusion.

Edited: Also in ep1 it was shown the sister's spell/ability has a red colour while Azuma and his mother have blue colour. It does seem to indicate something.
SivaMar 30, 2016 9:19 AM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 30, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2014
Still really impressed by the CG on this show. The ending was sort of fast but now that the sister is alive and what seems to be her arc next, I know for sure I'm watching s2.

Also I'm in love with the OP from this show. It gets me so hyped when I see it on overthetop scenes like the one in this ending,aaaaaaaaaa.

9/10 from me.
Mar 31, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 2014
Really fantastic episode, i find the story and relation between Reoko and Migiwa to really be the highlight of both the episode and the entire series so far, it fully fleshed Reoko's character and gave her depth aside from making her even more of a badass than she was already, i also really hate what Migi did to her even if she had good intentions, that was just too much, i understand now why she hated her so much.

That flashback also developed Migi's character and showed she has some serious flaws (despite being such a badass good-intentioned mom), the way she decides everything for other people because she thinks she knows better has caused a lot of misery and chaos despite her intentions, i wish those two could realize their faults and make up (Reoko is a victim but also became an aggressor now).

As for Azuma's sister, i'm glad we got a glimpse of her before they announced the 2nd season, her going missing was one of the first mysteries i wanted answered but now the even bigger mystery is why Azuma didn't bother looking for her at all and instead went looking for Obuo and its limbs to go back to treasure island and his mom, this can only have one of two answers, either he lost his memories about his sister for some reason, or they fought soon after reaching earth and went their seperate ways due to not agreeing on something (after all she joined that creep who is manipulating things from behind the curtains).

Also using the OP (which represents Azuma) and the ED (which represents Reoko) as insert songs was a great desicion that made the action feel so much more epic, specially that i loved both and think they are the best OP and ED this season.

I also feel sad because of all the unnecessary negativity thrown at the show for no reason, the CG itself and animation are actually some of the best i ever saw (as good as Sidonia), it shines during the action and comedy scenes, yeah some of the designs are corny but some are damn impressive (like the final form of Obuo and Enti), Character wise Kogane's design and her "right hand" Bubuki are the best among all characters.

Story wise yes there are problems in both pacing and the delivery of the story, but it's far from being a trainwreck or a complete mess like some people claim, and some people seem to be unable to handle a little bit of mystery (after all they needed to save something for the 2nd season and not spill all the beans in the first half of the show), as for whether the story makes sense or not, all that we know so far does make perfect sense but some people don't want to use their heads, for example:-

-The goal of the creep with the goatee was to reach the island and obtain hearts for the Buranki he has in order to use them for his not-very-good goals (all Buranki lost their hearts when Migi stopped all Buranki hearts on earth), clearly he succeeds in not just obtaining new hearts but bringing down the whole island with all the Buranki on it down to earth, it seems he also wanted to use the ensuing chaos of the island's crash to rise to power quickly and rule over all humanity, the island's fall (even if it didn't crash into the earth like a meteor) clearly sets in motion the events of season 2 with all teams getting new hearts for their Buranki
-The goal of Migi was to prevent guys like that creep from abusing the power of the Buranki to try and enslave humanity so she creates a Buranki with a human heart (Reoko's Enti) and then goes to the island to destroy all other Buranki hearts leaving her friend with the only operational Buranki to protect earth (her plan wasn't perfect and kinda backfired but now it's very clear what her goals were and why she did what she did).

-Reoko started out carrying her best friend's wishes of protecting earth, protecting bubuki users in Japan from genocide attempts by japan's gov and fighting off any wild Buranki which fall off the island, but slowly the burden wore her off and the only thing that was left is pure raw hatred for all Buranki and for her friend who forced this very heavy burdrn over her aganist her will and left off without saying anything, so her goal was to use Obuo to unlock Treasure island (by tricking Azuma into doing so for her, she was looking for him and his teanm which explains her nation wide hunt for Bubuki users, it makes sense now), after the island is unlocked she could finally reach Migi, kill her and destroy all Buranki along with her own Enti (obviously all the shit she had been through left her mentally twisted and emotionally scarred, so despite her apparent craziness there is now a very good reason why she ended up that way).

-Souya's goal was to help everyone get on Treasure island so that they obtain Buranki hearts and activate their Buranki easing the pressure on Reoko as she won't be the only one with an active Buranki anymore, he thought that would allow her to stop fighting and dying over and over (losing her memories and slowly going insane) and since she only told him about that secret all the others in his team thought he betrayed them or went crazy when in fact his love (platonic it seems) for Reoko and the fact he is the only one who knows the true nature of the insane burden she carried all that time alone are the reasons that drove him to help everyone get to treasure island to get their own hearts from the the Buranki on the island, he used Obou's unique relation with island to unlock its shields (so in fact all the fights they had with Azuma's team where to push them to the limits thus making them unlock Obuo's true form which in turn will unlock the island, again it all makes sense now).

-As for the origin of the Buranki (and Bubuki) well, i don't think that's an issue at all, they already established that Bubuki weapons (and Buranki hearts) were around since ancient times passed down within each family as a sort of heirloom, it's an alternate reality not identical to our world, i might add a theory of mine that Treasure Island design looks like that of an alien spaceship covered in foilage and earth, so aliens could have brought Bubuki and Buranki with them on Treasure island (their spaceship) when they arrived to earth in ancient times then they probably all died due to some illness or earth's atmosphere not fitting them, this left all the Buranki and Bubuki masterless and floating around in earth's atmosphere, then some of them fell to earth and were picked by humans who became their new masters, not a bad theory .. Eh, anyways .. they could explain things more in season 2 as we get into the thick of things but so far what they said is enough IMO.

See guys, it's not that hard, what we know of the story so far and all character motivations make sense if you put a little bit of effort into understanding them (not waiting to be spoon-fed everything with boring lengthy exposition dialog like other anime do).

===========================

So despite the few problems the show has it's one of the best shows this season and represnts a huge step in the right direction for CG anime as a style of animation, it also has the best OP and ED this season hands down.

I give it 8/10 (could change depending on how good tge 2nd season is).

Oh, and if you liked the show i recommend rating it and maybe even reviweing it, also do something about that 2/10 stupid review that's at the top of the reviews list, i understand those who gave it 5/10 because they didn't enjoy it so much, but 2/10 is fucking ridiculous and makes no sense (and the review itself is so poorly written and utter crap), vote other decent reviews up to remove that piece of crap from the top of the reviews list, if you really liked the show that is.
Hunter-WolfMar 31, 2016 2:39 AM
Mar 31, 2016 3:26 AM
Mar 2012
^Ya it makes sense. I've been thru Conrete Revolutio so this isn't too complicated. But last ep was very rushed.
Kogane's dad stole an Obou limb & went missing. Why? Fedora man knew him already, then why he killed him when he already passed the bubuki to Kogane?

Relationship between Migiwa & Reoko very enlightening. Motives make sense, she foresaw the misuse of Buranki for chaos, tho Migiwa's way of forcing her ideals proved problematic. Caged for 8 years, seriously? That's just terrible.

So "Guy" is the red wine dude (not in mal characters)? So a new heart user Naruto threw a kunai into Pedo's eye. But Pedo helped all the countries get hearts, why did Guy want him dead? Anyhow the result is Reoko's team is all down. Guy's despises the buranki lifeform, and his plan worked out. But buranki can't die by drowning anyways.
I'm assuming sister & Guy teamed up to bring down the island. And someone was nice enough to wrap red Rinzu around the waves to prevent a tsunami (Kaoruko's?).

Asuma's mother went super sayan. All the fights & vfx were very cool. CG got better since the early episodes. Waiting for S2, Kaoruko's arc with new characters like Naruto, wheelchair girl, & butler (Egyptian?).
Mar 31, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
Well, that's sure was a rushed ending indeed.
Still, it's pretty entertaining until it ended.
So I'll rate it a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 2, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
I think this is one of those animes you just watch and take it in instead of jumping to extreme theories and expecting deep plots like everyone seems to be doing, I personally found the anime to be perfectly well paced with good character development and enough intrigue to further delve into and develop in season 2.

The motives behind all the characters were shown fairly well besides those who were recently introduced (England + other countries) and if this goes the way it is going then everything will be explained in detail on the next season.
Apr 3, 2016 2:28 PM
Jan 2011
There's still one thing I don't get. Where did Entei get his limbs from?
Apr 5, 2016 11:40 AM
Feb 2016
You had to have pretty low criteria to actually like this show! OMG people where the fuck did your taste for anime go? Either you don't have anything better to watch or you're just don't know what a good anime is! This one is obviously crap and im not saying that just because of shitty CG. Plot would be all over the place if the plot actually exists! Second worst show of the season after Dagashi Kashi

3/10 and im being generous
Apr 13, 2016 6:35 PM

Feb 2013
Very exciting episode. The flashback was really good too, almost as good as the first episode. The sister finally showed up...
Mom is still best-girl. So glad we got to see her fight again.

6-7/10 (above-average to good) I had a lot of fun watching this. I am a bit disappointed how disproportionately awesome the first episode is compared to the rest, but oh well.
Apr 26, 2016 10:38 PM

Jun 2014
8/10 I highly enjoyed this.

Though I hope the wait isn't long for part 2.... I want to learn more about whats happening!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 27, 2016 11:00 AM
Dec 2014
It did feel like the ending was rushed, but nonetheless I still really enjoyed watching this anime. I can't believe that it took such a long time to finally see Kaoruko but I'm glad that we'll see her in the second season.

The plot does have quite a few holes but for some reason I still enjoyed it? I really love how the "villains" weren't just one-sided, evil characters. They were all well-developed and I would even argue that they were developed more than our group of heroes. Reoko's backstory was quite interesting and I am kinda on her side-- I mean, locking her up for 8 years was really unfair and unnecessary, honestly..

I personally liked the CGI in this anime more than the CGI in Ajin, because it seemed a lot more natural here, whereas in Ajin it seemed a little weird at times. But either way I'm beginning to see the positives with using CGI in anime, there is a lot of potential if these studios can utilize it properly.
May 1, 2016 9:38 AM

May 2015
meh this anime is perfect 10/10

if watched rushed too,you know i mean if you watch it complete in 1 go 12 episode

this is will be amazing experience ever offered by watching an anime

i know it's sucks because there's lot of concept,plot and each character with different motivation cramped in 12 episode

look you watched some anime and sometime feels,oh i miss 1 episode and sometime it didn't bother you too much because the plot is like tsubasa trying to shoot his ball in 2 episode

but this anime if you miss 1 episode there's lot of plothole that got answered all sometime in 15 minutes 1 episode lol

that can be solved if you watch it in 1 go of course because you can just watch it anyway without waiting 1 weeks to see the answer

in term of explain the world,how the character interact etc it's really great in some kind of way

anyway this anime is hybrid of Pacific Rim with little supranatural that mixed with megazord of power ranger and give a moral about something "if you do a good thing without thinking the consequence you ended up like Azuma mother that fucked up everything with good intention" lol
May 9, 2016 6:51 PM

Apr 2015
I'm surprised how many people hate Migiwa.
It was crazy that she locked reoko for 8 years after she became immortal, but i don't think migiwa is that selfish.

It's obvious that she knows a lot of stuff and don't wanna tell.

she could have asked people's advice before deciding sth? Yes, she could. But honestly i doubt that it would change the events that happened.

I'm sure migiwa knows that people will blame her for all that happened since she left earth but in the end she is not a bad person. The problem is that she wanna solve things all by herself

and i really like azuma. It's a MC that does not have a personality as strong as his sister but i prefer to support him than those lunatics that wanna steal burankis and kill people for no reason
sun123May 9, 2016 7:07 PM
May 11, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 2012
That funeral scene with the ED playing was so hot with Reoko making Reoko faces.

Fire Emblem mom is OP.

Looks like the plot kicked in at the end with those golden thrusters. lol

Azuma said he'd never let Reoko go no matter what. Ship confirmed? ;)

I finally finished watching this.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 16, 2016 11:12 PM

Jul 2011
The whole plot was rushed, true, but I still like what they did in the end by revealing Reoko's past. As well as the whole team dynamic and insight into their goal.

I'm looking forward to S2 because I feel like only how has the real story begun. The first season felt like it was meant to assemble the cast and background info.
Jul 22, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay ending, in general I didn't enjoy marathoning this anime too much as the CGI did bother me in the end and the rather generic level of action. But other than that it was still a nice anime!
Jul 23, 2016 2:22 AM

Mar 2014
CGI anime but lack of frames. cheaply made CGI
Oct 6, 2016 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
Nice finale. Both Reoko and Migiwa were right and had good intentions. Too bad, that they ended up as enemies.

Reoko lost it, but that was due to to her condition. And I can't really blame her for killing the Prime Minister and the rest.

Overall it was pretty good. I hope, that the sister plays an active role in the second season.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 12, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished S1, now onto S2!

May 14, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
Really liked seeing more of Reoko's past especially the ""Funeral Procession" with the ending music was nice
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 25, 2017 10:18 AM

Mar 2009
Hunter-Wolf said:
Really fantastic episode, i find the story and relation between Reoko and Migiwa to really be the highlight of both the episode and the entire series so far, it fully fleshed Reoko's character and gave her depth aside from making her even more of a badass than she was already, i also really hate what Migi did to her even if she had good intentions, that was just too much, i understand now why she hated her so much.

That flashback also developed Migi's character and showed she has some serious flaws (despite being such a badass good-intentioned mom), the way she decides everything for other people because she thinks she knows better has caused a lot of misery and chaos despite her intentions, i wish those two could realize their faults and make up (Reoko is a victim but also became an aggressor now).

As for Azuma's sister, i'm glad we got a glimpse of her before they announced the 2nd season, her going missing was one of the first mysteries i wanted answered but now the even bigger mystery is why Azuma didn't bother looking for her at all and instead went looking for Obuo and its limbs to go back to treasure island and his mom, this can only have one of two answers, either he lost his memories about his sister for some reason, or they fought soon after reaching earth and went their seperate ways due to not agreeing on something (after all she joined that creep who is manipulating things from behind the curtains).

Also using the OP (which represents Azuma) and the ED (which represents Reoko) as insert songs was a great desicion that made the action feel so much more epic, specially that i loved both and think they are the best OP and ED this season.

I also feel sad because of all the unnecessary negativity thrown at the show for no reason, the CG itself and animation are actually some of the best i ever saw (as good as Sidonia), it shines during the action and comedy scenes, yeah some of the designs are corny but some are damn impressive (like the final form of Obuo and Enti), Character wise Kogane's design and her "right hand" Bubuki are the best among all characters.

Story wise yes there are problems in both pacing and the delivery of the story, but it's far from being a trainwreck or a complete mess like some people claim, and some people seem to be unable to handle a little bit of mystery (after all they needed to save something for the 2nd season and not spill all the beans in the first half of the show), as for whether the story makes sense or not, all that we know so far does make perfect sense but some people don't want to use their heads, for example:-

-The goal of the creep with the goatee was to reach the island and obtain hearts for the Buranki he has in order to use them for his not-very-good goals (all Buranki lost their hearts when Migi stopped all Buranki hearts on earth), clearly he succeeds in not just obtaining new hearts but bringing down the whole island with all the Buranki on it down to earth, it seems he also wanted to use the ensuing chaos of the island's crash to rise to power quickly and rule over all humanity, the island's fall (even if it didn't crash into the earth like a meteor) clearly sets in motion the events of season 2 with all teams getting new hearts for their Buranki
-The goal of Migi was to prevent guys like that creep from abusing the power of the Buranki to try and enslave humanity so she creates a Buranki with a human heart (Reoko's Enti) and then goes to the island to destroy all other Buranki hearts leaving her friend with the only operational Buranki to protect earth (her plan wasn't perfect and kinda backfired but now it's very clear what her goals were and why she did what she did).

-Reoko started out carrying her best friend's wishes of protecting earth, protecting bubuki users in Japan from genocide attempts by japan's gov and fighting off any wild Buranki which fall off the island, but slowly the burden wore her off and the only thing that was left is pure raw hatred for all Buranki and for her friend who forced this very heavy burdrn over her aganist her will and left off without saying anything, so her goal was to use Obuo to unlock Treasure island (by tricking Azuma into doing so for her, she was looking for him and his teanm which explains her nation wide hunt for Bubuki users, it makes sense now), after the island is unlocked she could finally reach Migi, kill her and destroy all Buranki along with her own Enti (obviously all the shit she had been through left her mentally twisted and emotionally scarred, so despite her apparent craziness there is now a very good reason why she ended up that way).

-Souya's goal was to help everyone get on Treasure island so that they obtain Buranki hearts and activate their Buranki easing the pressure on Reoko as she won't be the only one with an active Buranki anymore, he thought that would allow her to stop fighting and dying over and over (losing her memories and slowly going insane) and since she only told him about that secret all the others in his team thought he betrayed them or went crazy when in fact his love (platonic it seems) for Reoko and the fact he is the only one who knows the true nature of the insane burden she carried all that time alone are the reasons that drove him to help everyone get to treasure island to get their own hearts from the the Buranki on the island, he used Obou's unique relation with island to unlock its shields (so in fact all the fights they had with Azuma's team where to push them to the limits thus making them unlock Obuo's true form which in turn will unlock the island, again it all makes sense now).

-As for the origin of the Buranki (and Bubuki) well, i don't think that's an issue at all, they already established that Bubuki weapons (and Buranki hearts) were around since ancient times passed down within each family as a sort of heirloom, it's an alternate reality not identical to our world, i might add a theory of mine that Treasure Island design looks like that of an alien spaceship covered in foilage and earth, so aliens could have brought Bubuki and Buranki with them on Treasure island (their spaceship) when they arrived to earth in ancient times then they probably all died due to some illness or earth's atmosphere not fitting them, this left all the Buranki and Bubuki masterless and floating around in earth's atmosphere, then some of them fell to earth and were picked by humans who became their new masters, not a bad theory .. Eh, anyways .. they could explain things more in season 2 as we get into the thick of things but so far what they said is enough IMO.

See guys, it's not that hard, what we know of the story so far and all character motivations make sense if you put a little bit of effort into understanding them (not waiting to be spoon-fed everything with boring lengthy exposition dialog like other anime do).

Exactly!! If people would pay more attention they would understand the story more
At first I was bit skeptic but characters grew up on me, story became extremely interesting, great CGI, awesome soundtrack
Yeah it's not perfect but damn I enjoyed it so much!!
Jan 27, 2018 3:52 AM

Jun 2017
This was a great episode. I have one complaint - about this series as a whole, and that's that it waited until the last episode or two, to divulge far too many things. There's some interesting plot here - interesting characters. The mystery was created in this show at first, but for 10+ episodes nothing changed - you didn't get much insight at all into the antagonists or protagonists (though that line is very blurry now, in ways). To be honest, it took so long to get to this point that I really started to lose interest in them - they went on too long looking a little too generic. There were SOME signs that they weren't bad guys, but they sure acted like generic villains. I didn't expect their back story to be as interesting as it is - and that's great... but some of this would have been better suited for a few episodes prior to this one.

It did feel rushed, I agree with all the comments point that out. Far too much happened too fast, and so lacked details that would have definitely benefited this series... I'm not saying they should have made all the information about them known a few episodes earlier - but spreading it out would have been great, as opposed to a few character development episodes for the kids, and then the rest up until this point being of the singular goal "get to treasure island" It really turned a show that DOES have interesting backstory and lore into a bit of a dull-ish, generic-ish ride. It wasn't bad - not as bad as I thought it was in the first few episodes (and Hiiragi really has a lot to do with my negative impression of the show. I get the archetype but he's not ... a good... character. I kept finding myself hoping he'd somehow get killed in every fight, even though I knew it wouldn't happen)

Well, provided they learn from this first season, I would be interested in watching another - there's definitely some good to go off of here, now that things are actually interesting and you get all sides of the characters motivations, and how they interact. I didn't feel that way through most of the series, but after this last episode or two, I do see the show in a new light - somewhat. It still has some fatal flaws but I can appreciate what it DOES have now.

Nagadir-chan said:

Exactly!! If people would pay more attention they would understand the story more

I agree that this series had it's problems, and early on I was thinking I wouldn't finish it. In fact, I dropped it temporarily, around the time it aired, after only like 2 episodes and waited until now to watch it... but I'm glad I did. As far as people thinking character motivations made no sense, and the story being a big mystery ... well, an aspect of it is supposed to be mysterious, and the rest isn't that confusing by the end... Pretty much all the character's confusing actions / motivations are explained in this episode and the last so I'm not sure how people have been overlooking all that... the series would definitely have benefited from elaborating on some details earlier than it did - the pacing was way off, but it isn't like they never touched on these issues.

If the series ended 2 episodes ago, I'd agree with most of it - but yeah... well, paying attention is sort of a dying trend these days. I'd make a political statement here, but it'd be off topic and I'd hate for the inquisition to begin again... I'll just say, that's the largest problem that faces our societ(ies) in modern times. (because living takes almost zero effort now - complacency) But I get it - it's easier to just agree with what the pretty people with the microphones say than it is to think critically, so I (almost) don't blame them.

As much as I hate CGI - this show's was actually quite good. Awkward still, yeah, some of the more "mundane" movements are like Hatsune Miku / new Berserk / Post-ED Gakusen Toshi Asterisk level bad - but they did have their own flare during the action - something lacking from most other CGI animations coming out of Japan recently. I thought the character design was quite good too, actually. VERY unique. They each came with their own atmosphere, and I loved that part of it.

On a final note - that rich guy on the yacht who orchestrated the whole "Island falling to earth" thing ... I have to say "herp derp I'm smrt enuf 2 thnk smthng dat big falin to erth is somhow guna spare me, gud ideae me. Evrethin g wil b fine im sur. derp" - yeah, it doesn't work like that I'm afraid, not with a land mass that large. Especially for you on your yacht.
Alpha-MethylJan 27, 2018 4:55 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

151 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 8, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

103 by imnotcurry »»
Aug 27, 2022 1:26 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2016

58 by syncrogazer »»
Apr 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

51 by tokidoki921 »»
Mar 17, 2019 11:51 AM

» licensing

NG_Chloe - Nov 10, 2018

0 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.