Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2016 4:22 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another great episode, I don't know if it's just me but the animation seems better after every episode.

Oka being a good player, and that happy conclusion are nice contrasts to what we mainly got from the first half of the series. It really built up well for this to feel satisfying.

As a highlight for the episode, the last point in where the opening theme is played.
Oct 10, 2016 1:14 PM

Nov 2011
Cool!

And I like this type of charachter's design very much.
Dec 25, 2016 9:57 PM

May 2016
What.

The.

Fuck.

Did the writers lose their goddamn minds when it was time to end the series? What once was a compelling and humorous series about the hard life of people to choose to pursuit sports professionally delivered its third horrible, filler-like episode in a row.

Did you like thinking about what the exact role of close friendships during times of trouble is? Did you wonder about at what point sacrifices stop being worth it? Were you worried because tennis was slowly becoming the entirety of Hiromi's life (by her own admission), but still found yourself cheering her on? Were you surprised when you found out that sometimes seemingly wise people are just arrogant and self-centered? Or when you were once again reminded that you shouldn't pass judgement on people you barely know?

Well, fuck you then. Take three episodes of fabricated melodrama, buckets of exposition, "different playing styles" straight out of a really bad shounen manga and these actual lines:

"Tell her that I, Kawamura Yumi, definitely haven't forgotten about last year."

Five minutes later:

"I see... Last year something happened between these two!"

The last three episodes did as much damage to the finished product as the last thirty minutes of "Scent of a Woman", and that movie crashed and burned so hard it left me wondering whether it was done on purpose.
Lease_of_LifeDec 25, 2016 10:06 PM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Jun 6, 2017 5:36 AM
Aug 2014
Ryuuzaki was ready to throw to match just to appease her self inflicted sense of guilt. Oka managed to talk her out of it.
Aug 23, 2017 10:21 PM

Dec 2015
As`much as seeing those kind of little tennis problems is nice, it seems that the closer we are to the end, the more the series strays away from its story.

2/5
Dec 26, 2017 8:17 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode,in terms of sports easily the best so far. Also the scene were Reika and Yumi ended the match in friendship was really nice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 9:53 PM

Jan 2017
i enjoyed the details in this episode.
the pan out from the puddle of water.
the line thing, how it was relevant in the past and now the progressive present.
i also found the fade in music to be very fitting in the last point. it got me hyped.
Mar 8, 2020 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
This was by far the worst episode, the episode felt like it was going too fast the entire time, the pacing was entirely off, and the story was awful.

Also, to the people that just go on and on about the art and music, I feel like that must be what people that make out like this is one of the best animes ever only focus on. While this anime is really cool and interesting in a historical sense it has some real problems, mostly in conveying emotions and it's pacing (mostly in the earlier episodes for both, but still), for me that keeps it from being in the upper ranks.
Feb 22, 2021 7:45 PM

Jun 2014
Ryuuzaki's guilt almost cost them the match, but Hiromi managed to make her feel better. This time, even the opponent knew that the ball was out.

Jul 29, 2022 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
"You play tennis like a thief" You mean like a good doubles player? The tennis was even more of a joke than usual.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 10 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 21, 2013

8 by RSGX »»
Aug 12, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 14 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Nov 1, 2013

9 by shikoiru »»
Jun 16, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 13 Discussion

CuriousThing - Oct 6, 2012

11 by shikoiru »»
Jun 16, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 4 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

10 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Ace wo Nerae! Episode 3 Discussion

MyLonesomeCowboy - Oct 18, 2013

11 by ArtimesGamer »»
Mar 26, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.